Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I caught the legendary fish. Fishing was a blast. RPG really does need fishing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I dread the gardening quests

I do like the actual gardening, but the quest items being completely random and also on the time clock kinda sucks rear end

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god I just spent 6 hours gardening, even with extensive time travel

I did get the Lunar Tear, though. And virtually 99 of every other seed/plant, lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I got mine in 8 days without any time travel :cool:

It was still my last trophy for the platinum though.

Really, not the upgrading every weapon to max one?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

As somebody who hasn't played the original Nier, I honestly can't imagine the game with Dad Nier

The concept interests me enough to want to see the changes, but probably not to the point of playing the original game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I just finished the last quest. Pretty happy to see 100% quest marks. No idea how I'm gonna get the achievement for upgrading every weapon to max or the one for having a million gold but I'll probably figure it out

Maybe I should like, beat the game? I haven't gotten any endings yet

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It's 50% in the new Nier Replicant

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The million gold is easy to do in combination with farming materials with the now-included DLC.

DLC spoilers but not really spoilers because there’s not a lot to it

Run the third door over and over to collect all the rare material drops in the third room, and when you complete the whole run you get 50k each time. Since you’re probably going to want to do this a few times to get those materials you should get a few hundred thousand in total, then just save then go sell everything in your inventory to pop the trophy and reload to get your stuff back.

That sounds rad! Thanks for the hot tip.

Do I actually have to get an ending to access that baked in DLC, though?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I really don't think any of the quests are that bad with the possible exception of Package Delivery 3 but you can cheese that one with the desert warps

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think it's rude the sheep mini game in part 2 doesn't count for the sheep achievement

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I am surprised at how much I ended up liking Replicant

I'm going for the plat and I never do that for videogames unless they're very special

I'm even considering playing Drakengard?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sixteen weapons left to upgrade.

The mats I'm dreading are anything from the desert dudes who drop nothing ever, and the 5 Memory Alloy I still have yet to get because at least man the Titanium Alloy has
-a chance- of dropping from the regular mobs

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

12 weapons to go, still not a single thing dropping from the Desert :shepface:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I actually didnt even realize the music was remixed from the original

I watched some gameplay of NieR: Dad Edition and the music sounds so disjointed and odd in comparison

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh difficulty affects droprate, huh?

Suddenly raining in Broken Wristwatches...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

There are more than 33 weapons too so you don’t have to upgrade every weapon either.

I'm at 36/37 maxed, I'm the completely brokebrained completionist

Just waiting for the last Subdued Bracelet to drop in the goddamned desert

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well that's all weapons upgraded. The remaining bits of the Plat will be a breeze in comparison probably

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The thing is (post-ending spoilers) the best weapon in the game is gated behind the final ending

Hell, what's one more after everything else?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ending E was really, really cool.

It's closure after 11 years huh? rip to the original practitioners of NieR|

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Finally :toot:

I screwed up and accidentally erased my saves and had to do 3 more playthroughs than I normally would have had to, to get the last achievement but hey I got there in the end.

Really special game, it will probably stick with me for a very long time. Now I'm not sure if I should move on to Drakengard (with cheats to make it more tolerable), or just play Automata which I own and have never played

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 15, 2021

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I did it honestly :colbert:

i'm sorry

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I experienced significantly higher drop rates for those exact items on Hard mode that I feel it is definitely worth staying on that difficulty.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

It took me about 5 hours and 52 minutes busting my rear end

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

At least you didn't accidentally save over your 100% clear file like I did :shepface:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

he was right when he said nobody would buy his new game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Nier Automata's massive success is based more on its global release results, and Yoko Taro is weird enough he'd make the viral marketing campaign english and thus "global".

The current belief I have is the Switch Version has new content which is being added into the Playstation version and the viral marketing is showing off some of that via devkit.

That cannot be true because that would be breaking the law (illegal)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Replicants on sale so here I go

Edit: launched and the game has been stuck on a load screen for ten minutes. Is this normal

Yeah thats the game

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

it took me so long to cultivate that loving FloWeR

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

some bust on that guy posted:

So when are we ever getting a Nier Part 3? How can there be no word of one in the past 6 years? It was successful...

unfortunately it was called SinoAlice

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Bleck posted:

if they wanted me to give a poo poo they shouldn't have made it a bullshit gacha game

nier reincarnation offline edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

nier reincarnation offline edition