Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Never, because they never leave their houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm playing Replicant for the first time (I miss dad-Nier) and I think it's pretty neat how the game gives you a small hint of Devola & Popola's true nature in a little aside between Nier and Weiss after the Duet quest when they talk about how Popola destroyed the wall of the tavern drunk one time. Those walls are stone. :stare:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So Kainé and Emil have to stay outside at every settlement, except nobody bats an eye at Emil in Facade - is it because they think he's just wearing a mask like them?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Facade owns.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You misread it,its Mammary Alloy, you get it when you fight Kainé. :haw:

...I'll see myself out.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Did they ever release official lyrics for the Replicant OST? I’d love to know what Hills of Radiant Wind says, for example.

I believe it's just psuedo language, ie gibberish.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So apparently I never finished the original Nier on PS3, but I finished Replicant last night. I need an expanding :qq: like the expanding :ironicat:.

:qq:"Now then... Say, how many rules are there about what to shout before dying in battle?":qq:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/No_X_in_Nixon/status/1397568756772126720?s=20

Got a lunar tear the very first time I tried for it. :yokotaro:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

stev posted:

It feels like the whole wolf thing should have involved the temple somehow. It's the only major location (I think) not to be revisited.

Would you say it got... Lost? :rimshot:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Wrong location

:downsrim:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I absolutely believe that this was a deliberate troll by Yoko Taro.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think you need a certain number of weapons, which equalled all of them in the original, but the remake adds bonus weapons that bring you up to that number of weapons without having to get all the original weapons. :shrug:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

You’re mixing up two things from the remake I think.

There is a trophy for maxing out “all weapons” in Replicant but you can cheese it by maxing out some bonus DLC weapons that have easier requirements because it actually just means max out whatever the number of weapons in the game is minus the DLC ones.

Edit: removed wrong info about ending trigger

You're most likely correct, thanks!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Chucky Hams posted:

I’m sorry the game did not make its story to your very lame standards I guess

It’s funny that the FF7 remake makes the lamest people so mad tho

The rare correct Chucky Hams post. That reminds me, I need to play intergrade.

Edit: Holy poo poo lol I should've kept reading.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 14, 2023

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Momomo posted:

At this point I think I'd prefer a big game from Yoko Taro that had nothing to do with Drakengard or Nier, just because that gives them way more freedom. I don't want him to die in the gacha mines, and I also don't want him constrained to just these sorta games.

I want Square-Enix to put him in charge of the next mainline Kingdom Hearts game. :sora:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I only played the first one but yeah there was no real reason for them to be cards, it felt like a budget thing. Which hey, fair enough i guess

I did appreciate that it included tactile dice rolling, i'm a sucker for that.

To me, it seemed kind of an extension of the boardgame gameplay of Unlimited Saga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Azubah posted:

Nier 3 will be a 80 hour long cutscene of the plays, musicals, audio dramas, and have narrated novels. No skipping any of the chapters.

There will be a "hold X to skip" prompt, and when you use it, takes you directly to the end credits. You'll have to start from the beginning to get back to where you were.

There will be exactly one 12-second scene where holding X will show you hidden content. This will not be signposted in any way.