Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Zaggitz posted:

They changed that audio, it's in the premiere, it reads like this now:

”If you can hear this, you're alone.

The only thing left of us is the sound of my voice. I don't know if any of us made it. Did we win? Did we lose? I don't know. I'm not even sure what victory would even mean anymore.

But either way, it's over.

So let me tell you who we were. Let me tell you who you are...

and how we fought back.”

Probably when they dropped that teaser at comic-con they weren't sure it was gonna be Machine Root or not yet, but in the premiere it seems pretty sure.

OK, my personal theory is that it's the machine with root's voice, talking to Blackwell. They will all die/disappear and he will continue to fight against Samaritan and/or save numbers.

It would tie into what they said in an interview that CBS wasn't happy with the ending (because its not giving full closure and the heroes presumably fall). It would also explain why the season focuses on this guy and why what he does isn't simply done by Random Samaritan henchman #B-31. But it's also worded in a way that I think it's not directed to the general population but a single person, however one who doesn't actually know the team very well.

That's why I think it's talking to Blackwell who will for reasons yet unknown take over for team machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

monster on a stick posted:

I'm not sure if we need to spoil pure speculation.

Part of it was based on that spoiler-ish interview so I just went ahead and spoilered the whole thing.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Elite posted:

And I thought it was contrived how Shaw worked out that Blackwell killed Root, he happened to bring along the same type of rifle even though he didn't use it and Shaw leapt to the conclusion that he did it.

I think it was not only the rifle but also custom made bullets or something

• Locked thread