Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

I read 'bogies' as 'bogles'.

As in the kind needed, for the Glotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

The Lord of Hats posted:

We're in a bit of a lull right now. Although there's plenty of dumb poo poo going on in the primary, it's not new and exciting like it used to be--plus Cruz and Kasich are clearly going to stay in, so there's no anticipation there. We're just waiting to see if we get a contested convention at this point.

There's been so much happening in this primary so far we need a refractory period before the breathtaking conflagration of happening that will occur in Cleveland, regardless of whether or not Trump has crossed the magic number.

Also "Trump buldozes 5 states adjacent to his home state" isn't that exciting at this point, we practically need a candidate dying to raise the bar the way things have been going.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

OatmealRaisin posted:

The primary's been metaphorically over for almost a couple of months now. Everyone's either moved their shitposting to the dem thread or they're waiting for the GE.

The primary isn't over until Cali, and then we have the convention to look forward to. This is the calm before the fuckstorm.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

page one of the dem thread and the bernouts are already claiming voter fraud

Cruz was going to send out sample ballots as well but somebody got them soaked in something that looks suspiciously like human blood somehow.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: this man was the longest serving mayor of Providence, Rhode Island. He was forced to resign after a felony assault conviction, spent time in jail, was re-elected, then forced to resign again after a racketeering conviction because he basically let the mob run Providence. Yes, that's a jar of his self-branded marinara sauce his wife is holding.

Before I read your post I thought that was Hillary Clinton, that lady is a dead-ringer for 90s Hilldog.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Joementum posted:

Rhode Island recently paid $550,000 for a new official state logo. This was the result.

1995 corporate retro.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Godbless Nicole Wallace, she has a sense of humour which among Republicans is rarer than solid gold unicorns. Solid Gold Unicorns btw is what Trump is going to install in front of the White House after he devours the Republican Party.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Goetta posted:

Yeah no poo poo its weird

Have they ever been seen in the same room together? Or maybe the Lizard People made a duplicate skin-suit by accident.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Man if I knew MSNBC was like this beforehand I might not have let my sister take my TV

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Never seen Lewandowski's face before, makes total sense Trump's main campaign man bears a passing resemblance to Bashar Al-Assad

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

He looks substantially less Assadish in this pic, nowhere near unseating Seth Romatelli on the throne of Improbable Assad Lookalike.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Ted Cruz: "I've got incredible face"

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's like when little kids hear an insult and they don't really understand it, but they know it's bad, so they use it on the next person that upsets them regardless of context.

Speaking as a decorated hellthread veteran, even knowing the context of 'SJW' does not speak well to someone's character or likelihood to not want to gently caress a video game anime.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
So that's what filters to robocop. I am much the lesser for knowing this.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

fade5 posted:

This is one half of the greatest look-alike jokes in this campaign:

Trump giving a speech while flanked by not just Assad, but also Odo from Deep Space Nine.

Rene Auberjonois wore way less makeup and product on DS9

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Trump is like the incarnation of the Cheshire Cat grin right now.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Hahaha loving Christie is so hosed up he doesn't know what planet he's on right now

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
People have been saying that Trump has been tired of being a candidate for a while and I believed them until tonight, he seems perfectly at home right now.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Hahaha holy poo poo the Hunt for the Open Mic.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Somewhere in NYC an MSNBC producer's blood pressure just achieved orbit.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

Just tuned in and why the gently caress is Christie looking like he wants to lick Trump's neck

Drugs and/or alcohol. And TBH who could blame him?

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

QuoProQuid posted:

It is alright. Everything is alright. The struggle is finished. Christie has won victory over himself. He loves Donald Trump.

Christie is the viewer stand in at this point, he's along for the ride and just in awe at what's happening.

I just remembered Christie's burn on Rubio and wondered for a second whether the Governor of New Jersey is a goon in more than one sense of the term.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

I really feel for people working behind the scenes in live broadcasting, they're one of the only professions who's gently caress ups are by necessity broadcasted to the world 100% of the time. That's a level of stress on par with air traffic controllers, or Reince Priebus.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I feel like Hillary Clinton's speaking style and Donald Trump speaking style are great examples of the polar opposite rhetorical styles executed almost perfectly. Clinton is classical 20th century stump rhetoric, but Trump has something new, something internet-era, more conversational even if it often doesn't make any sense on closer examination.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

chemtrail huffer posted:

yeah, Trump is gonna get ruined by well-loved party unifier Hillary Clinton.

We're probably overestimating how hard Trump is going to get schlonged in the general but let's be real here, he's still Donald Trump Reality Television Star and Idiocracy was not a documentary, he's not going to be the President.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

surprised the #1 threat isn't the unimaginable power of cyber

It's threat #0, that's how threaty it is.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

axeil posted:

i never understood toxxes. you willingly wager :10bux: so if you win you don't lose money but if you lose you do? i only make bets if i win stuff. sad!

Internet bragging rights are the most valuable of prizes, axeil.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

I lied.

Ted Cruz will not win a single delegate tonight. :eyepop:

And Donald Trump might win 110. loving lol.

Cruz is in second place, against a reality TV star who wants to build a wall on the Mexican border, and he still can't loving crack 10% in RI. He's that bad at this.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Boosted_C5 posted:

2008 Pennsylvania Primaries

800k GOP votes
2.3 Million Democratic votes

2012 Pennsylvania Primaries w/ 85% reporting

1.2 Million GOP votes
1.3 Million Democratic votes

NO registered independents or Democrats could vote Trump, CLOSED primary.

People harping about Trump's negatives keep forgetting Hillary Clinton is widely loathed and a known quantity re: being THE face of scumbag politicians in America today.

And it's the Democrats who have held the presidency for 8 years and the GOP with the motivation of "taking back" the whitehouse.

Banking your fortunes on general election turnout to vote AGAINST your opponent? Let me tell you how that worked out for US in 2012.

Trump is bringing millions of enthused new voters into the process who want to vote FOR HIM.

In PA alone tonight, Hillary Clinton literally kept away ~millions of voters just by being her terrible self. 2.3 Million voters in '08, 1.3 Million tonight so far with 85% reporting.

Boosted I know you're excited but I have to break it to you, Trump is not going to win the general. Donald Trump may be the star of The Apprentice, but Hillary Clinton is the master, and 70% of America is fired up to beat him like a dog.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
The more people talk about Convention rules the more it's clear that they are written for the happy path where a candidate is acclaimed with the vast majority of the popular vote, and not the edge case where Trump code injects himself into the general.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Schnorkles posted:

Modern primary systems are not designed for Trump. Like, at all.

TRUMP!

*burns down cleveland*

Bug: Party continues to campaign on veiled racial rhetoric despite clearly unfavourable demographic trends.

Solution: Working as intended, won't fix *returns to breakfast of cheerios and Jack's*

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Reince Priebus isn't putting bailey's on his cereal because he just polishes off the entire bottle shortly after waking

Lol if you think he keeps himself to a single bottle, Reince is through at least 3 before the end of breakfast.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

crowoutofcontext posted:

If you like analysis of the emotional states of TYT hosts
The Character of Cenk Uyger as a Meditation on Melancholia: An Essay in 26 Parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Jewel Repetition posted:

To be honest, it feels really good and right to lovingly handcraft the yooge and luxurious GOP thread OP, then when I'm done make the Democrat ghetto in 10 seconds.

It's what we deserve

• Locked thread