Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas

:harambe:

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

im sure nicolas cage is set for phylacteries, you don't need to worry about that

doesnt he have a pyramid in a new orleans graveyard?

edit: yeah he does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce

im not going to hear another bad word about nicolas cage ITT

is there something wrong with your hearing, saint boner :ohdear:

cuntman.net

is this contest over yet and do i win the prize

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
one of my rich friends just posted this on Marrow, such a cut up

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

TWIST FIST posted:

is this contest over yet and do i win the prize

ok well let's end this

unless there's a last minute entry here are the choices:

Bacolou's

Matoi's

Twist Fist's

Four pages of chat about phylacteries

Social Vegan's BIG BLACK TURNOUT's "im lich, bitch" tastefully constructed out of the image in December Octopode's meme :

go here and vote:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10133310

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 5, 2016

hi how are you ♥

big black turnout

Social Vegan's "IM LICH, BITCH"

:colbert:

big black turnout posted:

wow buddy this takes a lot of work ok I can't rush this process

ok so what im thinking is like a hella rad lich and he's got like magic lightning around him and poo poo you know and maybe he's like sitting on a pile of dead adventurers or skulls or whatever you know and the text says "im lich, bitch"

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

you think i'm going to re-read this thread to see which of you funnymen came up with an idea that started a nine-page derail about where liches keep their phylacteries?

fine then it's your idea, you get all the glory if it wins (or the part of the glory not shared with December Octopodes)

hi how are you ♥

FluffieDuckie

um why isn't your design an option

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FluffieDuckie posted:

um why isn't your design an option

it's rude to enter your own contests. i find it coarse and vulgar

alnilam

Please enter your contest bc your entry is good, i mean youre putting it to popular vote, it's not really your property anymore, death of the author etc

alnilam

I'm sorry people spent most of your contest arguing about liches

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
you can't be an "ant" without being a "participant"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
or... something like that...

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

isn't it the other way around?

anyway gonna leave this poll open a little longer, it's a tight race between ghostin pals and phantom of the opera who is going to get the spooky prize RRP ~$10 and also the glory of having a few people with their gang tag!

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 5, 2016

hi how are you ♥

guns for tits

Finally, a near conclusion!

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
i hope ghostin pals gets it, it's pretty good

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
mags

also ghostin pals is best

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
big black turnout

:argh:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

calling it for matoi, i'll upload the thing a bit later on

congratulations! good job matoi!

anyone who wants me to put a kind word in with the duckie for getting this tag attached should get in here and tell a ghost story, maybe that would make something happen. i dunno.

I'm leaving the thread open so that happens.

Congrats again Matoi!

hi how are you ♥

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

hehe i'll think of a sick ghost story my dude i promise you that. a real roller coaster of thrills it will be.
also congratz to matoi!!! as with everything you make it is wonderful. :)
1 last second suggestion tho that mite be neat what if the tag was made into a gif that faded in and out of transparency very slowly? like a ghhooooostt.

Matoi Ryuko

Ghost power!!!!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

hehe i'll think of a sick ghost story my dude i promise you that. a real roller coaster of thrills it will be.
also congratz to matoi!!! as with everything you make it is wonderful. :)
1 last second suggestion tho that mite be neat what if the tag was made into a gif that faded in and out of transparency very slowly? like a ghhooooostt.

with matoi's permission:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Ghost power!!!!

:yeah:

hi how are you ♥

mags

So one time I was standing watch in the machinery room on my ship and I heard a wrench drop. I went to investigate knowing it was 3 am in port and no one was around. I found the wrench on the floor with nothing else around. I said, "cut it put, Oscar!" Oscar is the ship's ghost. I was just joking but next thing I knew the lights started flickering on and off and tools and things were flying from every direction. Suddenly it was all over...and the wrench I picked up was gone!

OOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooo

FluffieDuckie

um, i didn't say i was requesting tags for ghost stories...

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

don't mind me, i'm just hurriedly stuffing reams of paper into this shredder before i leave via the fire escape

hi how are you ♥

Matoi Ryuko

with matoi's permission:

:yeah:

That's cool!!

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

don't mind me, i'm just hurriedly stuffing reams of paper into this shredder before i leave via the fire escape

Boner! :argh:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Saint Issaiah's Boner is not a man, nor any part of a man (genital or otherwise), and he certainly is not a skeleton. No, the truth is in fact much much more dastardly. SIB is in fact an otherworldly creature—nay, a force, entirely beyond our earthly comprehension—which sustains itself on ghosts stories. the contest was a ruse, and he has now gathered enough spectral energy from the stories in this thread that I fear we are mere moments away from his ending of all existence.

And here I was, thinking this was the chill forum. God help us all

guns for tits

I wrote out a long-rear end ghost story, and just when I was about to click "post," my browser crashed.

:smithicide:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Doc Friday posted:

I wrote out a long-rear end ghost story, and just when I was about to click "post," my browser crashed.

:smithicide:

it was the ghost from the story, dingus, dint want you tellin the whole world bout him

guns for tits

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

it was the ghost from the story, dingus, dint want you tellin the whole world bout him

How'd a ghost from backwoods Prussia move over here? Rent's pretty expensive, and I don't think my ghost could afford it.

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Doc Friday posted:

How'd a ghost from backwoods Prussia move over here? Rent's pretty expensive, and I don't think my ghost could afford it.

the long story short is compound interest

guns for tits

December Octopodes posted:

the long story short is compound interest

I'm interested in making that damned son of a lich dead.

cuntman.net

calling it for matoi, i'll upload the thing a bit later on

congratulations! good job matoi!

anyone who wants me to put a kind word in with the duckie for getting this tag attached should get in here and tell a ghost story, maybe that would make something happen. i dunno.

I'm leaving the thread open so that happens.

Congrats again Matoi!

you should upload all the tags, theres only a few of them anyway. and then give prizes to all of us

FluffieDuckie

Isaias is paying out of his own pocket to put to tag on the server.

He's a hero really

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

FluffieDuckie posted:

Isaias is paying out of his own pocket to put to tag on the server.

He's a hero really

but is he the hero we need?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

yes

I've prized matoi and i'll buy that tag later on today. I'm going to wear it myself, the rest of y'all can either buy it or take your chances with fluffieduckie

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
*tina turner stands atop a sand dune with a huge burly bare chested saxophone player* "we don't need another heeeee-ro..." *sax solo*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

yes

I've prized matoi and i'll buy that tag later on today. I'm going to wear it myself, the rest of y'all can either buy it or take your chances with fluffieduckie

I've explained this before but I can't expect everyone to read every thread do I'll do it again here.

We are told to only request title changes as occasional rewards for things. I gave out a pile of them for people who participated in the art thread and I'm doing it again for the resolutions thread. As it is I'm handing out more titles on average than almost any other mod which I'm comfortable doing because I like encouraging significant effort but I totally understand why they try to limit it because let's face it, if everyone got free title changes no one would buy them and the website's business model requires that influx of cash

Your best bet to get me to hand out a pile of ghost poster tags is figure out a project to reward significant effort which I'm always happy to support

Also this is a lot of words but I'm not mad at Isaias I've actually been laughing along but I'm laying in bed right now and can't think of a briefer more lighthearted way to say all of this before my coffee

Also someone please bring me some coffee

• Locked thread