Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Recently there has been some friction between the bone-type and ghost-type posters. The number of ghosts has been on the up and while they're technically allowed in the bone buds (the bone buds will take anyone) they feel a bit uncomfortable about the having no bones thing. For their part the skelebros have been unbearably smug, flashing their gang tag everywhere.

It's the 21st century and ghosts have been allowed to haunt property, vote (sometimes in large numbers) and even appear on television sometimes so restricting spoopiness to skeletons should be a thing of the past.

Let's make a ghost community badge!

Someone made a Ghostin' Pals badge at some point and I spruced it up a little:

but i think our ghost buddies deserve better.

Design a community badge and then BYOB can vote on the best one. I'll buy the winning entry and then maybe I can nag fluffie duckie into giving it to the ghosts who tell the best ghost stories in this thread (warning: I may not be able to nag her into doing this). There will also be stickers involved and I'll send a spoopy prize to whoever designs the winning gang tag community badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Qwerinty posted:

you could make the skeleton one blue and the ghost one red so you could legitimately call it a gang tag

i think we're supposed to call them community badges to prevent a continuation of the skeleton/ghost toussling that has tainted these forums for so long

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

weird posted:

this is an insanely bad thread

thanks weird

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

thanks qwerinty

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

saint boner is a bad dude. bad is all he knows. I guess you could say he's bad to the bone.

:ok:

griping noted. I still want a community badge for the ghostin' pals though.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

bad is good

im consoled

tao of lmao posted:

ghosts aren't real, op

I'm getting mixed messages here

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

TWIST FIST posted:

postin pals is so 2014. get with the times guys

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Debate Me Please posted:

sorry but i dont believe for a second that ANY of you are ghosts or skeletons

we're all both of those things, plus some meat

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Uxzuigal posted:

Ok, it's settled - I am a Lich!

while we're at it what is an uxzuigal ?

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I think ghosts are good and so is Saint boner and so is this thread, so because I am far too lazy to post anything even remotely approaching quality I'm just gonna say: good job. pat yourself on your bony rear end back

i just want equality between ghosts and skeletons

also skeletons are a bit old fashioned and ghosts are clearly the way of the future

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

gently caress casper

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

what about ghouls?

ghouls are ok with me but they have an image problem due to that whole corpse-eating thing

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

yeah I'm not saying ghosts and demons are the same, I'm just saying we can chill with both of them

demons never struck me as all that chill

ghosts, maybe. depends on the ghost

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

I think alive people should be able to put on the ghost tag. It's aspirational.

everyone has a ghost inside them, waiting to come out

just like skeletons except no one believes in them

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Zyla posted:

Android blues you should be locked up...for making too many good posts in a row!

funny how the joke whale never comes for Android Blues...almost as if they're on the same side.

hmmmm

don't take this the wrong way but liches creep me out. they don't know how to let go. I think they've clung on to being a ghost AND a skeleton for so long that they've forgotten how to really be either. it's a high price to pay for being a less-popular vampire

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

don't get me started on skeleton mages

let it go, dudes, you don't even have vocal cords anymore

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Android Blues posted:

i'm tired in general of people excluding bards, sorcerers and hell, even witches from the aspirational magic skeleton narrative. this isn't the sole domain of those who were rich, lucky and male enough to be given a head start on their vile initiation into the chambers of susurrant mystery any more, and it's time people stopped acting like it was

while i of all people can appreciate that the traditional skeleton career path of skeleton in barrel > skeleton warrior > skeleton archer is outdated and stultifying, there are some things skeletons simply will never be able to do just by virtue of the lack of fleshy parts. The mages might know a few cantrips but if they cast fire spells they tend to burn themselves and they can't utter the unspeakable words needed to raise the dead, let alone summon anything more fearsome than a cat. they just stand around looking ridiculous in their robes while the skeleton archers and priests soak up all the XP

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

bacalou posted:

so you think magically reanimated skeletons can't talk because they lack vocal chords

even when they can talk they don't have anything interesting to say. the youngest skeleton who you could legitimately call a skeleton "warrior" is like 400 years old, and he won't stop chattering his teeth about the difficulty of getting his flamberge zweihander sharpened

there's a reason i type everything

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

big black turnout posted:

ok so what im thinking is like a hella rad lich and he's got like magic lightning around him and poo poo you know and maybe he's like sitting on a pile of dead adventurers or skulls or whatever you know and the text says "im lich, bitch"

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I still think that a lich is just a ghost smushed into a skeleton but if that's what it takes to end the war between bone buds and ghostin' pals i'm all for it

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

I just realized that your skull has no back to it, saint boner. what's up with that?

it's

hole-y

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

so we need a lich tag then

i'll work on Social Vegan's idea

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

super mario batali posted:

Whale, Whale, Whale, what have we here?

backseat podding is frowned upon here

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

MrWillsauce posted:

I would make my phylactery the US constitution and then I would be totally invulnerable except for Nicholas Cage

pretty big "except" right there

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

im not going to hear another bad word about nicolas cage ITT

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Nicholas' ghost is going to be a juggernaut of a spirit and I think its in our best interests to keep him alive as long as possible

im sure nicolas cage is set for phylacteries, you don't need to worry about that

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

TWIST FIST posted:

is this contest over yet and do i win the prize

ok well let's end this

unless there's a last minute entry here are the choices:

Bacolou's

Matoi's

Twist Fist's

Four pages of chat about phylacteries

Social Vegan's BIG BLACK TURNOUT's "im lich, bitch" tastefully constructed out of the image in December Octopode's meme :

go here and vote:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10133310

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 5, 2016

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

you think i'm going to re-read this thread to see which of you funnymen came up with an idea that started a nine-page derail about where liches keep their phylacteries?

fine then it's your idea, you get all the glory if it wins (or the part of the glory not shared with December Octopodes)

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FluffieDuckie posted:

um why isn't your design an option

it's rude to enter your own contests. i find it coarse and vulgar

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

isn't it the other way around?

anyway gonna leave this poll open a little longer, it's a tight race between ghostin pals and phantom of the opera who is going to get the spooky prize RRP ~$10 and also the glory of having a few people with their gang tag!

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 5, 2016

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

calling it for matoi, i'll upload the thing a bit later on

congratulations! good job matoi!

anyone who wants me to put a kind word in with the duckie for getting this tag attached should get in here and tell a ghost story, maybe that would make something happen. i dunno.

I'm leaving the thread open so that happens.

Congrats again Matoi!

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

hehe i'll think of a sick ghost story my dude i promise you that. a real roller coaster of thrills it will be.
also congratz to matoi!!! as with everything you make it is wonderful. :)
1 last second suggestion tho that mite be neat what if the tag was made into a gif that faded in and out of transparency very slowly? like a ghhooooostt.

with matoi's permission:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Ghost power!!!!

:yeah:

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

don't mind me, i'm just hurriedly stuffing reams of paper into this shredder before i leave via the fire escape

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

yes

I've prized matoi and i'll buy that tag later on today. I'm going to wear it myself, the rest of y'all can either buy it or take your chances with fluffieduckie

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

full disclosure: at no point did I ask fluffie about this or tell her i was offering an av change, nor (if you read the posts i made carefully) did I categorically say that fluffie would actually give you an av change

also I didn't think she'd actually do it

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

what i really said posted:

fluffie will probably not give you the tag and this is in no way a lich.

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

It's done.

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Uxzuigal posted:

You realise that you really are a Lich now - Ghost+Skeleton, ye?

....something went wrong....

hi how are you ♥

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

December Octopodes posted:

black like boner's phylactery

excuse me, it's called a "reliquary"

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you