Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jebediah Kerman
I drink beer while browsing the internet, it's a good time

Tell me about your day or what beer you're drinking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cling-Wrap Condom

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Jebediah Kerman posted:

I drink beer while browsing the internet, it's a good time

Tell me about your day or what beer you're drinking!

i drank a really cheap cider, i don't remember the name, with some whiskey mixed in with breakfast (at 10am) thismorning

Jebediah Kerman

Brick Dust Otis posted:

i drank a really cheap cider, i don't remember the name, with some whiskey mixed in with breakfast (at 10am) thismorning

hm, ciders are alright, I don't have them often. I want to try mead next.

City of Glompton

my day was great and I am enjoying a humble corona. how did you browse your way to byob?

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Jebediah Kerman

City of Glompton posted:

my day was great and I am enjoying a humble corona. how did you browse your way to byob?

I decided to visit SA again, I posted in the ss13 game thread and wandered in here

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
i'm drinking yuengling

also lich posting is hella fun you should try in the ghost tag thread

big black turnout

hi!

i am not drinking right now but this is my favorite beer

i got to go tour the brewery a while back I should do that again im only a few hours away

Jebediah Kerman

big black turnout posted:

hi!

i got to go tour the brewery a while back I should do that again im only a few hours away

ye I hear good things about cigar city, we don't get their beer in AZ though

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
vodka is my favorite beer

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bean mom

I can't drink because of my medication

but my medication is oxycodone :cheers:

----------------

Jebediah Kerman

Zyla posted:

but my medication is oxycodone :cheers:

yikes, just curious, can I ask you what you're taking it for?

bean mom

Jebediah Kerman posted:

yikes, just curious, can I ask you what you're taking it for?

A terrible head injury that has lead to a ghastly amount of chronic pain in my back, thatis completely uncontrollable without said medications. I am being very careful with them tho, don't let my posting make it seem irresponsible.

----------------

Ein cooler Typ

by FactsAreUseless
has *led

----------------

Macnult

I can't drink most beers since I have celiac disease and gluten-free beer is awful, so if I'm in a beer mood I just eat more food than normal while downing whiskey.

bean mom

dang you're right, how embarassing :(

----------------

bean mom

Macnult posted:

I can't drink most beers since I have celiac disease and gluten-free beer is awful, so if I'm in a beer mood I just eat more food than normal while downing whiskey.

Whiskey is a solid choice.

----------------

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Zyla posted:

dang you're right, how embarassing :(

we do not stand on propper spelling so don't sweat typos please

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello! I like the internet and weed.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

MOTHERFUCKER STOLE MY BEER THREAD :ssj:

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming

Quidnose posted:

MOTHERFUCKER STOLE MY BEER THREAD :ssj:

go drink beer about it why don't you?

i swapped to a rusty nail to end my evening

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

that's ok because it's a good thread and i like beer :)

i went to bevmo on monday and got some beers. here is what i've had this week and my ratings:

Belching Beaver Brewery Peanut Butter Milk Stout: I frequently get sucked in by weird beers advertising weird things, but this one was actually PRETTY OK. I am not a huge fan of stouts (had a bad experience with Irish carbombs and a 2 day hang over) but this wasn't too thick/watery like I feel Guinness is and it had a really nice sweetness to it that I enjoyed. Solid drinking

Scholffenhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen: Basically alcoholic grapefruit soda, think Squirt or Fresca. I like this a lot but my girlfriend and I discovered that it is colored with dead bugs and we're both vegetarians so now I have three beers I'm not drinking because the poor little dead bugs :(

Brewery Ommegang - Abbey Ale (Dubbel Ale) - hands down the best thing i've had all week, really solid monk ale with JUST the right amount of hoppiness but a really rich nutty body, great head, and like literally just a sit on my porch and drink in the sunshine while i relax beer. i think i drank the almost 2pt bottle over like 3 hours and it was awesome. great with dinner too

St. Sebastiaan Golden - a really common Belgian that is really nice and has that nice belgian taste but it was only a pint and basically the same price as the Ommegang Abbey and for my money the Ommegang is way, way better

Tonight I am having some wine and I am regretting not opening another of the beers at this moment xD

shinmai

CHK Instruction
I don't drink but I love reading about beer, though. My brother is studying chemical engineering and he always tells me beer stories which I find really interesting.

In lieu of beer, I drink bespoke artisanal hand-crafted brewed sodas. My last one was a blueberry soda by a young entrepreneur, who recently won a price for young entrepreneur of the year, my wife knows from her previous job as a youth worker for the church. It's 75% local blueberries and tasted very, very good.

thanks Matoi Ryuko :love:

Cling-Wrap Condom

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
when i get home tonight im gonna get some crisp apple cider and put cinnamon into it and then get mightily, rip-roaring hosed and fall into the garden to wallow in my own piss

joke_explainer

I am drinking the breakside brewery 'india golden ale'. I think it's even better than the one they made last year.

google THIS

I'm a big craft beer person, along with my dad and my brother and it's become a fun shared interest. We go out every couple of months to check out some segment of the local brew scene, which is really pretty robust considering that we live on on the narrow strip of civilization between the cornfields that runs from Cincinnati to Cleveland.

Some cool stuff I've had recently:

Wobbly Wheel IPA (Yellow Springs Brewery, Yellow Springs, Ohio): I like some good hop character but when the IBU's start approaching the triple digits I tend to balk, just tends to get very harsh and hard to drink. There are some shining examples at that intense end that I like, though, and this is one of them. I found it very crisp and with a lot of nice citrus notes.

Whiskey Rebellion Russian Imperial Stout Aged In Bourbon Barrels (Warped Wing Brewery, Dayton, Ohio): Warped Wing has made its way into a lot of the local grocery stores, but for specialties like this you usually have to go downtown to the brewery itself. Well worth it though. This may be the best stout I've ever had and is definitely the best example I've seen of the whole "aged in some kind of whiskey barrel" fad, with a ton of bourbon flavor. It's also a modest 11.2% ABV :eek:

Wicked Mutha Sweet Stout (Lucky Star Brewery, Miamisburg, Ohio): I've kind of been on a stout/porter kick lately. I'm not much on sweetness in beer but I found that this has a good balance that goes well with the stout's natural chocolate/coffee notes. Lucky star was overall a cool find on a brewery bus tour we took last fall. They don't distribute at all and it's a decent distance away so I probably wouldn't have discovered it otherwise.

St. Bernardus Abt. 12 (St. Bernardus Brewery, Watou, Belgium): Going way off the local scene here, but I don't know if there's a single variety of beer I enjoy more than the trappist-style tripel/quadrupel with all of those rich flavors, aroma, and head, and this is an excellent example thereof. Drinking one of these babies straight from the bottle is beer cruelty. One of these days I'm going to invest in some good snifters/goblets, but in a pinch a red wine glass has a reasonably similar shape that helps retain that beautiful head.

big black turnout

abt 12 rules and was my go to beer for years

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I had a couple bud lights last night

Budweiser is a 5.0% ABV Adjunct pale lager introduced in 1876 by Adolphus Busch and has become one of the best selling beers in the United States.[2] It is made with up to 30% rice in addition to hops and barley malt.[3] Budweiser is produced in various breweries located around the United States and the rest of the world. It is a filtered beer available in draught and packaged forms. Lower strength versions are distributed in regions with restrictive alcohol laws.

Bud Light
Introduced in 1982 as Budweiser Light, Budweiser's flagship light beer with 4.2% ABV and 110 calories per 12 US fl oz (355 mL) serving (1,300 kJ/L). From 1994 to 1997, Bud Light aired 30-second commercials featuring Rob and Laura from the CBS series The Dick Van Dyke Show.

SniperWoreConverse

Jebediah Kerman posted:

hm, ciders are alright, I don't have them often. I want to try mead next.

tastes like a weird mix of wine and beer

i'm making some right now it's bublin like a freshly opened 2liter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

SniperWoreConverse

not like if you mix wine and beer, but if you recall the taste of wine, forget about the grape part, and then pound a neutral beer its sort of like that except it smells like honey and doesn't taste like it

that's my mead experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

google THIS

i tried mead at a renfest once and it tasted like warm cough syrup with honey added in a vain attempt to make it more palatable, but i guess i'd still take a crack at something more authentic if i had it right in front of me

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

hi!

if you're a few hours south, try Darwin's
if you're a few hours east, try Funky Buddha
If you're a few hours north, look for Swamphead

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

google THIS posted:

I'm a big craft beer person, along with my dad and my brother and it's become a fun shared interest. We go out every couple of months to check out some segment of the local brew scene, which is really pretty robust considering that we live on on the narrow strip of civilization between the cornfields that runs from Cincinnati to Cleveland.

Check our Rhinegeist

google THIS

Spanish Manlove posted:

Check our Rhinegeist

i have, i've found them decent but haven't found one that i really love yet but i also haven't tried them all

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

google THIS posted:

i have, i've found them decent but haven't found one that i really love yet but i also haven't tried them all

Kickass, I just hear good things about them. Their peach dodo sounds really good for the summer.

big black turnout

Spanish Manlove posted:

if you're a few hours south, try Darwin's
if you're a few hours east, try Funky Buddha
If you're a few hours north, look for Swamphead

i've had Funky Buddha and Swamphead, I think, but not Darwin's

im a few hours east on the east coast

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

i've had Funky Buddha and Swamphead, I think, but not Darwin's

im a few hours east on the east coast

Darwin's is really small but makes some awesome stuff. They don't get very far. Their whole gimmick is "andean influenced beers" because they started as a chef at a fancy peruvian restaurant wanting beers to pair with his food. The restaurant closed but the brewery is kinda still chugging along. It's not worth making a special trip for but it's a nice place.

Oh, check out Civil Society, if you like hoppy things.

My personal favorites right now are Green Bench's Sunshine City and anything Saint Somewhere makes

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Yobgoblin posted:

Hello! I like the internet and weed.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

google THIS posted:

i tried mead at a renfest once and it tasted like warm cough syrup with honey added in a vain attempt to make it more palatable, but i guess i'd still take a crack at something more authentic if i had it right in front of me

http://www.maxwellwines.com.au/maxwell-mead/

this is the stuff if you can find it anywhere near you.

A lot of companies claiming to sell mead are really just mixing some honey into white wine after fermentation which makes about as good a drink as you'd expect. It's not mead unless they're fermenting honey.

hi how are you ♥

City of Glompton

hello, tonight I am drinking a brown ale from a local brewery because my dad left it in my fridge. it's called Mutton Buster and it tastes like brown bread. I think I like it.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

http://www.maxwellwines.com.au/maxwell-mead/

this is the stuff if you can find it anywhere near you.

A lot of companies claiming to sell mead are really just mixing some honey into white wine after fermentation which makes about as good a drink as you'd expect. It's not mead unless they're fermenting honey.

This sounds revolting! Not that I think actual meade is great, but putting honey into white wine and calling it meade is kind of like putting barley into soda water and calling it beer.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

• Locked thread