Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cryptix
Dec 9, 2016

I would miss Yahoo Answers...

That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

no more alt-taba switching

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
altavista tabs

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

Still thinking about that bust that used to be at Yahoo.

I don't think marissa left yet

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
a dead gay thread for a dead gay company

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
lets

do

the write

down

agaaaaaaain

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

"Yahoo!" - me, thinking about Marissa's bust

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
:cb:

quote:

Marissa Mayer will step down from her post as Yahoo CEO after the company’s $4.48 deal to be acquired by Verizon closes later this year.

According to filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission released Monday, Mayer will receive a $23 million Gold Parachute severance package that includes about $20 million in equity and $3 million in cash. Also stepping down when the deal closes, likely in the second quarter of the year, will be co-founder David Filo, CFO Ken Goldman, Chief Revenue Officer Lisa Utzschneider and General Counsel Ronald S. Bell.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i love hearing about people loving up and getting a lot of money for it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

so is this "$20m in equity" in the form of yahoo stock or are they just going to let her start pulling copper out of the wall

Apr 7, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

so is this "$20m in equity" in the form of yahoo stock or are they just going to let her start pulling copper out of the wall

She's taking the nursery next to her office with her. You know, the one Yahoo built after she banned parental leave.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

She's taking the nursery next to her office with her. You know, the one Yahoo built after she banned parental leave.

for real?

what a piece of poo poo.

Apr 7, 2003

I'm joking about her taking it with her, but that literally happened. She banned parental leave for new parents and then had the company build a nursery right next to her office for her child's use.

That's some gilded age poo poo right there.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i am extremely triggered

Apr 7, 2003

WHY AREN'T MILLENNIALS HAVING KIDS?!?!?!!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

akadajet posted:

think of it as protection money to stop loving your poo poo up

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i care alot about the bust

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

akadajet posted:

you don't understand. if we don't give them a lot of money they might go gently caress up someone else's company!!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
look it's simple economics if we didn't pay that much the ceos would just stay home or take other jobs

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cold on a Cob posted:

look it's simple economics if we didn't pay that much the ceos would just stay home or take other jobs

gently caress!!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
that's why we have to repeal taxes in upper brackets too

if they pay (say) 30% instead of 20% they'll just stop earning that money and our gdp will go down

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

that's why we have to repeal taxes in upper brackets too

if they pay (say) 30% instead of 20% they'll just stop earning that money and our gdp will go down

i can't work any overtime because it'll put me in a higher tax bracket

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

well stop earning it on paper anyway

or start earning it in ireland

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
bustin' makes me feel good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ultravoices posted:

bustin' makes me feel good.

[harrison ford]

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

killed by his kid

the ultimate ownage

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mishaq posted:

i can't work any overtime because it'll put me in a higher tax bracket

same

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Thinking about the red dress pic rn

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
i like how progressive and realistic yospos is about the lovely treatment of women in tech, unless its someone they dont like then its fine to do the same poo poo they were just decrying

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:allears:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i like how progressive and realistic yospos is about the lovely treatment of women in tech, unless its someone they dont like then its fine to do the same poo poo they were just decrying

She got paid millions to run the company into the ground and will get a 20+ million dollar golden parachute as well. How was she treated poorly?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

same

Apr 7, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

The bust at yahoo is very good

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Blue Train posted:

She got paid millions to run the company into the ground and will get a 20+ million dollar golden parachute as well. How was she treated poorly?

yeah she was bad at running a company so its fine for me to talk about how big my boner gets when I see her sittin on that yoga ball. normally its bad to objectify women but she got paid a lot so its fine to ogle her boobies

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

yeah she was bad at running a company so its fine for me to talk about how big my boner gets when I see her sittin on that yoga ball. normally its bad to objectify women but she got paid a lot so its fine to ogle her boobies

:agreed:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Apr 7, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

no one is actually doing this fyi

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

it is fun and good to mock and deride the ultrawealthy and ultrapowerful regardless of their gender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Bloody posted:

it is fun and good to mock and deride the ultrawealthy and ultrapowerful regardless of their gender

yeah theres 'just a right way to do it. and a wrong way to do it

• Locked thread