Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Marissa myers lives in a hotel because she knows yahoo is going down any day now

An anagram of "yahoo" is "Yo, a ho"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Reminder: Marissa spent nearly a million dollars on a vanity book about her to be given to new employees.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
To celebrate her one-year anniversary, her team sent a companywide memo, which technology reporter Kara Swisher, who runs the Web site All Things D with Walt Mossberg, got hold of. The memo encouraged employees to thank Mayer “for everything she’s done for Yahoo” by clicking on a link that read “yo/thxmarissa.” The messages (which ranged from “Thank you for epitomizing the values of a Yahoo superstar” to “Marissa, you rock” to “Best CEO I ever worked for”) were collected in a book that featured photos of Mayer—wearing a red shirt to address a sea of purple-shirted, mostly male engineers; conducting an interview with Barefoot Contessa food guru Ina Garten; and more. “Yahoo! thanks you, Marissa!” reads the spine of the book. Mayer then had copies of the book sent out.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The Management posted:

same

this is amazing. how they managed to retain any employees with this kind of bullshit is mind boggling

If it's the book I'm thinking of and there actually weren't two vanity books, it cost them nearly a million bucks to develop and print. That's some weird cult poo poo right there.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Ahahahaha there was more than one Mayer vanity book

http://recode.net/2016/02/02/marissa-mayers-big-red-book-a-guide-to-what-the-yahoo-ceo-will-do-next/

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Store your photos inside your cavernous rear end in a top hat! It's free!

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

When I was at a company in teh bay area I had to attend these quarterly risk all hands. A huge auditorium full of people. The CRO was okay, I've since been told she was incompetent, but whatever I never dealt with her. But during those meetings her whole team of sycophants was disgusting. They once made everyone sit through a 30 minute presentation celebrating her 5th year anniversary. It was a surprise her staff put together for her. It was the most kiss rear end thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Then she left to lead legal and all those kiss asses got replaced by the replacement CRO putting his own people in place (none got moved in to legal because they weren't lawyers).

We had a "get to know you" meeting with my director at the time, that turned into an hour of her telling us how great her kids and her school district was. Absolutely bizarre.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I definitely care about the bust at Yahoo.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
An anagram of "Yahoo!" is "Yo! a ho"

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Jonny 290 posted:

Thanks, Natty Ice Zen I

Nice!

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Still thinking about that bust that used to be at Yahoo.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Rip Marissa Meyer. She never scored.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"Yahoo!" - me, thinking about Marissa's bust

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

flakeloaf posted:

so is this "$20m in equity" in the form of yahoo stock or are they just going to let her start pulling copper out of the wall

She's taking the nursery next to her office with her. You know, the one Yahoo built after she banned parental leave.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm joking about her taking it with her, but that literally happened. She banned parental leave for new parents and then had the company build a nursery right next to her office for her child's use.

That's some gilded age poo poo right there.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
WHY AREN'T MILLENNIALS HAVING KIDS?!?!?!!

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i like how progressive and realistic yospos is about the lovely treatment of women in tech, unless its someone they dont like then its fine to do the same poo poo they were just decrying

The bust at yahoo is very good

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

yeah she was bad at running a company so its fine for me to talk about how big my boner gets when I see her sittin on that yoga ball. normally its bad to objectify women but she got paid a lot so its fine to ogle her boobies

no one is actually doing this fyi

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
You nitwits realize that people making jokes about the "yahoo bust" are mocking Cremnob, right?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

hi welcome to yospos, i see youre new here, well you should know that a lot of goons have a creepy sexual fixation with yahoo ceo marissa mayer, they claim to be doing it ironically though so its not gross or creepy and certainly not hypociritical

This actually isn't true at all. It was one guy who took a dumb creepy gimmick too far and now everyone is mocking him. I'm sorry you're incapable of detecting sarcasm.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

pram posted:

what happened to cremnob anyway

He whacked off too much and died. rip.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Captain Foo posted:

U could say he got busted

Whoa

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

wyoak posted:

wait he actually died?

Yes, he died. Rip

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Rip cremnob, thought of marissa and died

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The Yahoo bust is a great concern of mine

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I don't think the bust is at Yahoo anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Max Facetime posted:

oh yeah.

keep those pics coming boys cause I'm mocking here

Lol at this meltdown

• Locked thread