Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

For the second team from Anime Masks recruit thread from here, consisting of the following.

Team 2
Slipstream, the Beacon
Zero Fighter, the Bull
Junior Jumble, the Transformed
CODE, the Outsider
Amazing Amazon, the Legacy
Punch Prodigy, the Protege

Now that the teams have been selected, it's time to do the initial stuff before I can get the gamethreads up. Team 1, please do not post in this thread, this is for Team 2.

NOTE: I will have a GoogleDoc up later with info on the shared setting, like NPC lists / organizations that've been encountered / some very rough sort of timeline, etc. Both teams will utilize this same document.

Anyways, before I can start up the IC thread, here's what I need from all of you in Team 2.
- Answer the "When our Team First Came Together" prompts for each team member.
- Relationships.
- Influence, the sheet for which is right here.
- Your vote for Team Captain for your team. Don't vote for yourself please.
- If you want to rename the Team or your base, vote for it here too.

I'll be working on the infodoc / OP while you all get this accomplished. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me in IRC.

EDIT: Forgot some stuff.

Team Two is going to be in Zone Twenty-Six. It's on the opposite side of the city from Twenty-Three, some nearly ninety miles distant in fact. You're all based out of the following building - it used to be a factory of some sort, but a few years ago it closed, was recently bought by the league, and has now been provided to you all. It's not really setup to be a base for superheros, but at least its big and mechanical, right?

Current Tags: +Big, +Secure, -Dangerous, -Distant

Rauri fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

It makes sense to learn to defend yourself in a city as dangerous as Neo Central City, but it makes less sense when you KO your instructor in a routine spar at the age of 7. That kind of poo poo is what got me on her radar. I bet my fellow students still don’t know where the hell I went, but I know they thought I was in load of trouble. Turns out, knocking that middle-aged geezer to the mat was (for all the good and the bad that’s come of it) the best thing I ever did. Without that old man’s crummy dojo, she never would have chosen me.

Got your attention did I? Figures, elder abuse is just one of the (relatively minor when you consider it) things dragging this city down. Apparently, one hit quitting your martial arts instructor actually means that you have the potential for greatness within you, and the power to actually make a difference. That’s the way she saw it. Strength is a force that must be tamed, harnessed, and put to good use. You can see what happens otherwise on the nine-o-clock news.

She’s a strange case, Sensei. She’s utterly powerful, I know it, but she gets more done with words than anyone I’ve ever seen. I don’t want to imply that she has powers of suggestion, but honestly, she could. There’s that much I don’t know about her. But here’s what I know: She’s good. Truly. Her training and values are the reason I didn’t break bad after my incident with the League. I mean, poo poo, I already know I look kinda like a bad guy. And after all that effort, and time, and pain, I could have easily gone that way. But she’s just that good. And I want to be that good.

quote:

Hero Name: Punch Prodigy
Secret Identity: Hikaru Nakamura
Mask: Protégé
Look: Asian, Man, Casual Clothes, Simple Costume
Abilities: Superhuman Physique, Exceptional Martial Artist

Labels:

Freak: +1
Danger: 0
Savior: 0
Superior: +2
Mundane: 0

Moves

□Been Reading the Files:
You've read up on the superhuman world. When you encounter an important superpowered phenomenon (your call), roll + Superior. On a hit, say the most important detail you read about from their last appearance. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what the files describe. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the files are painfully incomplete; the GM will tell you what's missing

□Be Mindful of Your Surroundings:
When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask 1 additional question, even on a miss.

□ Heroic Tradition:
When you give someone the advice that you think your mentor would give, you can roll + the Label your mentor embodies to comfort or support someone, instead of rolling + Mundane

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you were a good leader or effective team mate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you and take +1 forward on using the label your mentor embodies.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add a team to the pool.

I have a couple neat perks from Sensei that we can make use of, save one, that’s, uhh, for me only..

quote:

Choose up to 3 resources that your mentor gave you and the team:
Communicators, a teleportal, and simple robots.

Oh, you wanna know a little about Sensei's nature?

quote:

Which Label does your mentor best exemplify, and which do they deny?
Embodies: You know, you’d think with how much I’ve talked her up she’d be some self-sacrificing savior type, but the one thing you never forget when you interact with her is how you can’t shake how in control she seems. How much more superior she is than you.
Deny: This one’s easy. For all her knowledge and wisdom in the martial realm, I’ve never once seen her actually strike someone. She has her own ways of avoiding danger.

Rauri posted:

1. What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?

What made me decide to join? Getting the ever-living poo poo beaten out of me for making the mistake of trying to do good on my own. One moment I’m finishing knocking out the last of some orcs and the next I’m getting jumped by 3 League goons. Turns out, the League doesn’t like nice things being done without getting some loving credit thrown their way.
So no, I don’t think too highly of them. Us. But if these are the hoops I have to jump through to make a difference, I guess I’ll jump.

2.What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?

You know, I only remember fleeting images. Shaggy hair, horrid breath, and some kind of armor. Let me clarify, this is one of the guys that gave my ribs a good kicking. A “hero.” They were all cowards, but this one had the nerve to spit in the face of the kid he just finished beating.

3. What do you like to do in your free time, and where do you like to hang out?

Rock climb, at those kinda dumb artificial places. I like the outdoors plenty, but I don’t want to get jumped by a bad guy while trying to make those foot-sandal things look cool. I play drums. Turns out being super in tune with the rhythm of battle also helps with, well, rhythm. I can’t say I like to hang out anywhere in particular, if the company is right I can be there. In my unknowledgeable defense, it’s not like I spent 10 years learning mystic and powerful martial arts while shunning society or anything. I mean, I was a kid for a while, but things changed fast.

4.(Optional) When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

Pass for now

5.(Optional) A name for the thread, since the current one kinda sucks.

Honestly, knowing you, it should be SchoolGirl Crush, even if not 100% accurate.

Rauri posted:

Hikaru Nakamura, the Protege - Tell me more about your Sensei, and one of her lessons you've taken to heart.
One of the first things I learned is there is no substitute for strength. The strong are strong. Look around you, the entire way the world works is proof. A presumptive league of heroes has a monopoly on helping people, of all things. I tried to do things my own way, and wasn’t strong enough effect real change. Not yet, anyways.

quote:

Now tell me about something she's wrong about.

She’s far more patient than me. Believes in the power of her words. If that’s the case, why did she teach me? I have this knowledge and ability, and it needs to be used for something. So while she tries to complete her circuitous gambit to thwart Baroness Batshit or whomever, maybe I’ll rough up some henchmen. Unless that makes me Sensei’s henchman. Crap.

quote:

Who have you defeated or what have you done recently to be able to claim being an "exceptional martial artist"?

I guess I deserve this for opening with a story about getting basically jumped. You know when the leader of the Metal Bat street gang stumbled into the 23rd Precinct concussed and almost incoherent, asking to be locked up? Yeah, all me. And that goon was a solid C class. Funnily enough, that was before my unceremonious welcome to Reality. That jerk must have snitched to the League that I was off the books.

quote:

In addition to your individual questions, everyone please answer the two following: What Rank should you actually be? What's your greatest weakness?

What rank should I be? D is perfectly fine. I’m a blank slate in the eyes of the League, but if this team can reach the potential I think it has, we’ll be climbing in no time.

Weaknesses? Like I’m going to just TELL you my weaknesses? What the hell kind of pupil would I be if I couldn’t follow such a simple lesson from Sensei as

Sensei posted:

“Give nothing away to your opponent, such that they may turn it against you”
I bet you got some real amateurs spilling their guts here, don’t you?

Hikaru is prone to bouts of judgment-clouding overconfidence.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 14, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Reposting Sheet + Answers for Easy of Access

Ema the Amazing Amazon - The Legacy

As long as there's been a Central City, there's been an Amazing Amazon! The guardian of the city, the world, truth, justice and home made apple pie, or something. Enemy to the wicked and protector of the weak! A lot of the time, if an Empowered has a kid they have entirely different powers, or none at all, but not for us, every single Amazing Amazon has had two daughters -no sons- both with the same powers that they did, though not always to the same level. The first Amazing Amazon was so powerful, during her final battle against Greth the Golden, that she nearly destroyed the entire city zone she was fighting in with the shockwaves from her blows. The second Amazing Amazon never managed to unlock the full power of our line, but she was still one of the top heroes of her day. My little sister, Ember, hasn't managed to release any of her power, so all she can do at this point is practice with spear and shield.

I'm Ema, the sixth Amazing Amazon! And I'm going to be the strongest one ever. My mother was a huge disappointment to the line, she never had a knack for any of it, so even though she's nearly as strong as The First, she can't control it or fight at all, and just accidentally breaks stuff around the house all the time instead. My Aunt is the fifth, and what you'd think of as the current Amazing Amazon, she's the S Rank 2 Hero! But I know I'm stronger than her already, and she's like, forty or something.

Even though I have great powers, it kind of sucks being 'just another' Amazing Amazon, because like, half the people think I'm just an enthusiastic fan or something, dressing up like a hero, or they realize I'm the next one and are all like "Oh well when she was your age the Amazing Amazon was already doing [insert annoying fact of questionable truth here]" and complain I'm not as impressive as her or whatever. Or they go your just a D ranked hero?? and laugh at me. And I'm not allowed to punch them in the face or anything, because I'm a hero and I have to look good for the public. Its so stupid! I can't even have fun doing normal teen things because "oh what will the public say". If they aren't even going to respect me for my powers and behavior why should I give a poo poo fart what they think about me? I'm going to save the drat day, and it doesn't matter if they thought I was respectable or not before I saved them because afterwards they'll drat well be saved, by me, won't they?

Though maybe the real worst part about all of this is no one will take me seriously until I've proved myself to be a 'real' Amazing Amazon by doing something big and impressive, and I've been a rank D heroes for like, six months now, and literally NOTHING has happened in this zone. I've saved some cats and helped old ladies across the street and one time a couple of drunk people were in a fight and I broke it up and wow literally nothing heroic to do but they won't assign me anywhere I could get experience until I have experience thanks a loving lot.

The Legacy posted:

Legacy Name: The Amazing Amazons
Look: Woman, White, Trendy Clothing, Traditional Costume

Abilities: Flash Step, Spirit Pressure, Spear and Shield Expertise,Limiter Release, Limiter Release Zero

Legacy Moves
Fight the good fight
When you pull your punches while directly engaging a threat, you can roll + Savior instead of + Danger. If you do, you cannot choose to impress, surprise, or frighten your foe.

Never give up, never surrender
When you take a powerful blow from someone with far greater power than you, use this move instead of the basic move.

Roll + Savior. On a hit, you stand strong and choose one. On a 7-9, mark a condition. On a miss, you go down hard but leave your opponent off balance and vulnerable.
- you get an opportunity or opening against your attacker
- you rally from the hit, and it inspires the team; add 1 Team to the pool
- you keep your attacker’s attention

Legacy
Your legacy is an important part of Halcyon City.

Name the different members of your legacy (at least two):
Theresa The (Fifth) Amazing Amazon is still active and prominent in the city.
Susanna (my mother) never made it as a hero and is judgmental.
Ember (my little sister) is the next possible member of your legacy.
Greth the Golden is the greatest opponent your legacy ever faced...and is still at large.

Greth the Golden - Widely regarded as the first super-villain, he was defeated by the first Amazing Amazon, but recently reemerged.

Whenever time passes, roll + Savior to see how the members of your legacy feel or react to your most recent exploits. Before rolling, ask the other players to answer these questions about your performance. Take -1 to the roll for each "no" answer:
- have you been upholding the traditions of your legacy?
- have you maintained the image of your legacy?
- have you made the other members of your legacy proud?
On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known. On a miss, something you did stirred up the hornet's nest---expect several members of your legacy to meddle with your life.

Labels
Freak +0
Danger -1
Savior +3
Superior +0
Mundane +1

Moment of Truth
This is the moment when you prove how much the mantle belongs to you. You seize control of all your powers, and you defeat even impossible odds to prove you are a true, genuine hero. Of course, after you prove something like that, it’s going to be hard to justify going back to the Team..

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them whether you see them as an equal. If you do, give them Influence over you and mark potential. If you don't, shift Superior up and any other label down.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your legacy (including your own true feelings about it) to clear a Condition and give them Influence over you.

1. What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?
Uh well you gotta be in the League if you want to be a real hero. Otherwise you're just someone in a dumb costume beating people up. Doesn't look good, probably going to end up in jail. But they kind of suck because they won't give me any decent jobs They'd be great if I could actually get any superhero work.

2. What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?
Aside from members of my Legacy? Well... there was Frogger, she's a B ranked hero who wandered into the zone the ONE SINGLE TIME there was an actual monster attack, and she loving freaking stole my win by jumping down from a building and bashing it on the head with her bat in the middle of my fight that giant stinking rear end in a top hat jerk!

I may have yelled at her a bit and smashed up a vending machine with a single shield bash and then cut it in half with a swipe from my spear to prove a point, but no one else saw that, just her. And she still took the credit for beating the thing up and advanced another few ranks.

I'll get her for that...

Frogger

So, its important to point out here, when you're in the line of the most famous heroes of all time, you don't actually get to have a secret identity. Like, yeah, technically I'm Ema The Amazing Amazon, and Ema Greyson is just some person, but in the real world, basically everyone knows Ema Greyson is Ema The Amazing Amazon. So there is a mythical beast called "Free Time" but I've never seen it. If I want to not get judged for what I'm doing, I have to be in my small apartment with the blinds down and headphones on. Its terrible. I'm like a C-D tier celebrity, which is like, the worst tier in that you don't make any money off of it but you still get all the stupid media attention and gossip.

5. (Optional) A name for the thread, since the current one kinda sucks.
The Amazing Amazon and Friends

Rauri posted:

Questions Round 1

The Amazing Amazon, the Legacy - What's been the weirdest part of being a quasi-celebrity?

...I saw this online, when I was googling my hero name. Why?

Rauri posted:

What plan have you come up with to try and rank up, despite the dearth of opportunities in Zone Twenty-Three?

Right, I figure, if Frogger can come into my zone and steal some villains, I don't see why I can't be... "visiting" another zone during my time off, and "accidentally" run into a villain or a monster and stop them. As long as they're impressive enough I should get enough ranks to be moved into an area with actual things to do. Or, failing that, I'll challenge the last C ranked hero to a friendly duel for the rank. That is allowed, right?

Rauri posted:

What's been the weirdest part of being a quasi-celebrity? What plan have you come up with to try and rank up, despite the dearth of opportunities in Zone Twenty-Three? What does your limiter release do exactly, and what does it look and sound like to others?

The Limiter Release unlocks the true power of the human body! Everyone knows your body doesn't use more than like, 5% of the muscles in it, or something, because it'd damage them, or something, but it'll let you use them in life and death situations, where it doesn't matter if you shred your arm muscles because you'd have been eaten by a tiger or something. Its like that, except our bodies (people in the Amazing Amazon line) can take it! Also, it releases some of the Spiritual Energy blockers, which can make it a bit hard for people around me to stay there. My eyes glow like they're on fire when I'm using it too.

...Look, I didn't say it was exactly like using more of your muscles. It is a super power.

Rauri posted:

What Rank should you actually be?

Right now? Probably like... Low A Ranked. I'll need to get more practice and experience before I could really be an S ranked hero, though I've already got the power for it.

Rauri posted:

What's your greatest weakness?

My Greatest weakness? None!

...I guess... people making fun of my height? It pisses me off.

A lot.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 4, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Reposting sheet and materials

Toshiko Ravensburger, aka Junior Jumble

Junior Jumble posted:

Hero Name: Junior Jumble
Playbook: The Transformed

Look: Shifting, Asian, Marked flesh (You can see the joins in the puzzle), strange costume, human eyes

Abilities: Superhuman senses, Puzzle Powers.

Labels
Freak +3
Danger +1
Savior 0
Superior 0
Mundane -1

Moves

Unstoppable
When smashing through scenery to get to or away from something, roll Danger. On a hit, the world breaks and you succeed. 7-9, take a condition and something is left behind or comes with you.

Coming For You
When you mark a condition, take +1 forward against the person you most blame for causing it

Wish I Could Be
When you comfort or support someone, if you tell them what you most envy about them, you can roll + Freak instead of + Mundane

Who were you before?
My name is Toshiko Ravensburger. I lived alone, mostly. My mother died when I was very young and my father travels for business; he’s gone for weeks at a time. My only memories of us together are fuzzy, but I remember us on sitting at the old table in the hall, working on a jigsaw puzzle. Dad was across from me, and I was sitting on Mom’s lap. I don’t remember what the puzzle was; it changes every time I think back to then. Sort of like how my mom’s face doesn’t quite stick in my mind. But I remember that we were happy then, before the accident. After that, Mom was gone, Dad was as good as gone, and I was alone.

How did you change? What caused it?
My dad would send me puzzles from the road. He’d tried to get the most interesting ones he could find for me; wire puzzles, burr puzzles, slider puzzles, and of course jigsaws. I wasn’t all that good at them, but when I worked on a puzzle, it felt kind of like we were all together again, if that makes sense.

It had been a while since I’d last heard from him, but that happens. He travels a lot to places without reliable cell or internet. So when I finally got a package, I opened it right away. It was very old; a jigsaw puzzle in a battered box marked with an stylized eye. The pieces were made from a warm, lacquered wood and fit snugly together. The dark wood gave up no clues to the image it would reveal, but that was fine. I loved puzzles, a voice was telling me, and I couldn’t resist them. And so, piece by piece, it revealed itself. Even as I felt as if something was standing behind me, watching me, directing my hands, I kept working on the puzzle. Even as the dread rose and the image became clearer. Even as I recognized those hands, those clothes, that face as my own. Even then, I continued to work. And when the last piece went in, the world fell away.

In the darkness, I heard whispers. I saw myself fall apart and I drew myself together again. When I woke up, I was like this. I…wasn’t able to put myself back together right. It’s like someone was trying to do a jigsaw, got frustrated and tried to hammer the pieces in where they didn’t fit. Those early days…I don’t like to talk about then.

Who, outside the team, is helping you understand your new body?
It was about a month after I’d changed. I still hadn’t heard from Dad and on top of everything else I was freaking out about that. That was when Cassandra showed up at my door. I wouldn’t have let her in being…the way I am, except for what she slipped under the door. It was the eye symbol that was on box that the jigsaw came in.

She was blind and had been for years, she told me. Ever since she received a strange puzzle box that stole her sight but granted her clairvoyance. She had been hunting for its source ever since, which was how she had found me. She’d found many victims of the puzzles over the years; most did not last long. But she had high hopes for me. I’m not sure how I would have made it through back then without her.

Why don’t you just try to hide yourself away?
There’s one big reason. We call him the Puzzle Maker; whoever it is that sent out the puzzles that changed me and Cassandra is still out there, hurting people and they need to be stopped. Also…I need to find out what happened to my dad. It’s been almost a year and I haven’t heard a word; I think whoever did this to me did something to him. And to be honest, I like puzzles, and crimesolving is just another puzzle. Even if I don’t always get the appreciation more glamorous heroes get, I like it.

Why do you care about the team?
Because they care about me and because I know they’ll have my back when it comes time to stop the Puzzle Maker.

The League of Heroes has resources that your average person doesn’t. Plus, the money is starting to run out and even a D-Rank’s stipend would help. And...Well, there's the name. I didn't pick the name Junior Jumble. OBVIOUSLY. You can register without a name, which I did. But it turns out that when you do that, you're just leaving yourself open to someone picking your name for you. Some jerk on the Capewatch wiki put my name down as "Junior Jumble" (because I am a minor and I have puzzle powers. It is very clever, you see) Then, when a newspaper was looking for how to credit me they checked the wiki. And then it some enterprising bureaucrat at the League changed my registry to fit. I've gotten used to it but...man, they really don't like you trying to change your name and they are not helpful at all. I get the feeling that they don't like unphotogenic heroes.

2. What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?
I had a run in with the Hammer last week. You know, big guy with a bigger hammer in a mech suit? Hijacked a drone fleet and held the city hostage last year? He'd just gotten the worse of a fight with Fulminaizer and was desperate for parts to fix his suit, so he held up a Compuworld that just so happened to be on my patrol. There wasn't much of a fight. Even wrecked as he was, he was way, way above my weight class, but my curse isn't the kind that's easy to sort into a class. Which means that I got lucky. I got him confused by splitting up, drawing fire so that Compuworld employees and customers could get away. My power lets me do some...odd stuff. Make things fall apart, come back together, shift around, that sort of thing. And if I throw a hard enough whammy at something and cross my fingers, it'll fall apart--which is what happened to Hammer. His armor fell to pieces at his feet along with his clothes just as the heavy hitters showed up to arrest him.

So I think he'll remember me.

I was always an indoor person, even before going outside became kind of a nightmare. I'll put on something concealing and go see a movie, or maybe stay in and do a puzzle. I've been trying to get into video games but ehhhh doesn't seem to be for me.

4. (Optional) When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?
This is Junior Jumble's theme music. Her voice is low, quiet, and raw, like someone with a sore throat.

[Masks] D-Rank Heroes - Maybe They Grade on a Curve?

---

Rauri posted:

Questions Round 1

Junior Jumble, the Transformed - What lead do Cassandra and you have (or think you have) on finding the Puzzle Maker?

We haven't had much luck. Cassandra's clairvoyance is a bit tricky. Like me, her power is puzzle-based. Sometimes, she'll get flashes of insight but if she really wants an answer, she needs to scry using something related to puzzles. Did you know that dominoes are used for stuff other than toppling? There's a whole bunch of puzzles based around them--and some people throw them to try to read the future. Except that when Cassandra does it, it actually works. That's how she found me; the way she explains it, the dominoes told her the number of steps and in which direction she'd need to take to get to me. She only almost got run over twice. This time, we were using Boggle. Since we don't know anything about the Puzzle Maker, we've had to come at him from odd angles. That's also why Cassandra came to me; just trying to find the "Puzzle Maker" didn't work, but trying to find others who were hurt like her did. So she was looking for my dad. When she shook up the board it spat out:

pre:
R	O	M	E
O	M	E	M
M	E	M	O
E	M	O	R
Which I'm pretty sure is impossible on a Boggle board? Magic, I guess. But whatever the "Rome Memo" is, it must be important.

Rauri posted:

What are some of the oddest applications of your Puzzle Powers you've come up with so far?

Do you remember those little slide puzzles you used to play with as a kid? It'd have a jumbled up happy face or something and you have to fix the picture. I can do that but with, say, a 30x30 foot square or bigger, but it has to be square. The world kind of gets chopped up into little squares and the square I'm standing on drops away to...somewhere. Then I can just slide stuff around. Once I walked into a convenience store just as it was getting robbed. He had a gun to the poor clerk's head, until I slid him into the bathroom and jammed the door shut with a chair. I mean, I also kind of screwed up the displays in the process, but after the police arrested the guy it only took maybe a half hour to fix.

Rauri posted:

What's the worst another Empowered individual has ever made you feel?

Usually, these suburban Zones are quiet, but sometimes you'll get something big and loud; a group of drunk Empowered kids making trouble, a science project run amok, that sort of thing. In the next zone over, a kid's "pet" was tearing up the neighborhood. It started off as a cute little fluffy...thing and got big, fast. A bunch of us on-call locals got brought in, but we couldn't do much except try and control the damage. The fuzzy thing had some kind of psychic link to the kid; anything we threw at it ended up hurting the kid. That left me with only one choice left, to use a power I don't often bring out.

Okay, so I don't name this stuff. Cassandra does. She was into puzzles like me, but for different reasons and she's waaaay better at them than me. She was a CS major, so she was big into the math part of puzzles. She likes to categorize my powers. So she breaks it down into three main powers: Construction/Deconstruction, Translation, and Division. In other words, jigsaw puzzles, slide puzzles, and wire puzzles. I don't use the last one much because it's confusing and I'm terrible at wire puzzles. But here, it seemed like it would be useful.

So I pulled out a wire puzzle that I keep in my bag and concentrated on the monster and the kid. The puzzle shifted and twisted into a new shape. I was able to solve it before they had done too much more damage and the link between the kid and the monster broke, so the others were able to beat the beast.

So we were riding high after having saved the kid and the neighborhood for the most part, exchanging information for later...And that's when Dubble Bubble noticed my face. It was a night callout, so he must not have seen me yet. And right to my face he said, "Jesus Christ! You should wear a mask!" Like I had done something wrong, going out trying to help people. I wanted to gently caress him up so badly. Did you know that I can rearrange a person's face? That's a thing I can totally do. But I just felt tired, so I walked home.

Rauri posted:

What's the nicest thank-you a civilians given you?

My own ear.

Some of the kid's soccer teams out here have robot mascots. Seems stupid and expensive, right? Turns out that it's a school thing; the district will buy the robot and then the robotics clubs will maintain it and write programs for it. Cool, I guess, except when you miss a line or whatever. I'm not a computer person. I just know that the robot was aggressively rallying pep and it was scaring the gradeschoolers. I tried to calm things down but...I think it thought I was a rival mascot and clocked me. So I kind of, uh...got in a fistfight with a six-foot green and black hedgehog.

Anyway, I won. I'm not strong, but if I hit something right, it'll start to break apart like it was a big jigsaw all along. Of course, my body does the same thing, so I was looking pretty rough when the hedgehog was in pieces on the ground. I tried gathering myself up, when a little boy found my ear, handed it to me without batting an eye at, well, me, and said thank you.

It was a pretty good day.

Rauri posted:

What Rank should you actually be? What's your greatest weakness?

I don't really care about rank--but I need to get up to A. That's when they start giving you the real money and more importantly the real information and connections. Cassandra and me can only get so far on our own, we need the resources the League can provide to its high-rank heroes.

My weakness? Concentration. My trickier powers, Slide and Wire, need me to take time out to figure out a puzzle. If I'm on the back foot, I tend to screw up. But even if I'm totally scatterbrained, I can usually still break something up with Jigsaw. It'll just take time.

---

Rauri posted:

What keeps you going when things are most hopeless?

That's kind of a rough question. I guess...Because when I mess someone up, I don't leave them that way. Even criminals and actual monsters don't deserve to be stuck as a pile of puzzle pieces for however long the curse takes to wear off--if it wears off without help. It varies a lot.

Rauri posted:

What other victim of the Puzzle Maker have you heard of that's become a Villain?

I've only heard of him, but Cross Words is another of the Puzzle Maker's victims. His power is...weird. If he's holding an unsolved crossword puzzle, he can summon stuff from it. Cassandra's not sure what else the curse did to him, but when she met him, he seemed "weird".

Rauri posted:

What keeps you going when things are most hopeless?

I've been alone for a long time and I learned a long time ago that I was on my own. I knew that my Dad was out there, that he loved me, that he was just trying to provide for me...but I also knew that if I was going to stand, it was going to be by myself or not at all. I have Cassandra now, but she has her own issues; so when things seem most hopeless I have to look inside myself for strength.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 2, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Fast, Furious, Better Than You

Slipstream
Inspirations: Jet Set Radio, Scott Pilgrim, Snow Crash, Kind of Code Geass, The World Ends With You, Kza
Art by the lovely Zachariah, link to the tumblr is in the picture, my good artist buddy who did this design as a birthday gift, you should give them money cause it's good.

Haaaaa, look man, you just gotta DO IT . I mean, sure, I had my own help from my dad's company and poo poo, but you gotta.... If you want to be a hero, you have to DO IT . No amount of help will get you there without that shine, that power, that trick- doesn't have to be superpowers, you just gotta do SOMETHING, man. Open your mind, feel the flow, bump to the beat, be you- whatever you have to do. There's that spark, that need, that shine! You gotta have the shine.

I sure did. Look, I saw heroes fighting on TV, and I wanted to do that. If people are going to cause some loving trouble, well. I'm good at things. I've skated all my life, I'm fast, I'm quick, and I've got a few good tricks up my sleeve, so why not do it? I needed a bit more, so I built the Gauntlets- special gloves with mini-crossbows attached to each hand, a variety of ammo swapping into it depending on how I flex my wrists. It... took a bit to learn to not accidentally shoot things. Dad eventually stopped replacing the television in my room.

I mean, my family isn't really keen on the whole superhero thing? Dad didn't take 'I've been skating all my life and training for this poo poo' as a good 'yes, absolutely do this' deal, but he's paying for my equipment at least? So that's nice. I mean, it helps that he's the CEO of Lancaster Sporting Goods, too. Haaaa.... He helps, but begrudgingly, and i think he's sort of waiting for me to decide I'm done with all this at any given time. Oh, and his marketing team designed my costume. They couldn't help but put the company's Stars on there- our dumb little logo. Luckily, stars are used for a bunch of things so hopefully they won't immediately associate me with them? Ugh, eventually I've got to re-design this thing, but... well, it'll be good for now.

But like... someone has to do it, and skating just isn't as fun now that I've tasted the Real Deal. You wouldn't be able to stop, either. Once you've gone past... Once you've stepped into the Olympic swimming pool, could you ever go back to the kiddy pool? I loving doubt it, nerd. Have you ever... Ever felt like you were listless? Like you just couldn't do poo poo? Like you couldn't be you, like you were just some useless loving nerd wallowing in your own uselessness?

I used to feel like that, sometimes. But now that I've tasted real... responsibility, real power, real poo poo? I don't. I feel GOOD. I feel faster, quicker, better, stronger. I don't think I really am any of those things, but maybe it's just the confidence. Ha... Sometimes, it's easy to forget that people aren't like this all the time. There's a high in it, I guess- you feel better than everyone else. Wouldn't anyone be full of themselves, once they've seen the light? How do people NOT do this? Just... excel? How did I ever not, how did anyone ever not? Isn't there a thing you should be doing, as great, as hard as you can? Isn't there a need, a need to be the best you possible? Well, honey, this is loving it. This is me.

I'm a loving superhero, what are you?

quote:

Hero Name: Slipstream
Look: White, Stylish Clothing, Stylish Costume
Powers: Ludicrous Skating, Trick-Bow-Gauntlets

Freak -1
Danger -1
Savior 2
Superior 1
Mundane 2

Moves:

No Powers and Just Enough Training You’re always picking up new gear to keep yourself in the game. Whenever you pick up a new piece of gear, you can write it in as a new ability if this line is empty.
Devilsticks
Havok's Powerfist

You can use this ability twice to Engage, Defend, or Unleash.

Pretty Much a Superhero: When you bring up your superhero name to someone important (your call) for the first time, roll + Savior. On a hit, they’ve heard of you; say which of your exploits they’ve heard about and which Label they think applies. On a 7-9, the GM will tell you something else they’ve heard, and pick a second Label they assign to you. On a miss, they don’t take you seriously or mistrust you moving forward.

Suck it, Domitian: When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

The Drive
Choose 4 drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take influence over someone involved. When your 4 marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark 4 new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon.

□ Help a teammate when they most need you
□ Make Out With A Teammate
□ Get drunk or high with a teammate[/s]
□ Drive a fantastical vehicle
Audience

quote:

You are a celebrity in the city—although being a celebrity doesn’t always mean you’re liked. By default, your audience is a limited group of interested fans, and you speak to them through afteraction interviews and infrequent press conferences.

Why does your audience love you? Mark all that apply.
□ You’re a dangerous person, a bad girl
□ You're stunning, unique, and beautiful
□ You’re just like them, totally, definitely.

Choose two advantages:

□ You have a dedicated internet following
□ You have a solid sideline doing commercials (Slip /does/ do commercials for her dad's company as Slipstream, at this point she's more or less given up on the secret identity as more than a wink wink nudge nudge)

Choose two demands your audience makes on you:
□ They require drama.
□ They require novelty and brand new action.

When you seek help from your audience, roll+Superior. On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand. On a 7-9, their demands are a lot higher. On a miss, you've made a mistake, and your audience won't help you until you've redeemed yourself in their eyes.

They have all these recruitment ads on tv, and, like... more improtantly, they're where heroes are! That place is the scene, where all the important heroes are, you can't really accomplish anything without being registered. And most of all, they have the tv. They have publicity! I work with them and I can get on the news, or anywhere really. People will know who I am, say my fukkin name! poo poo, that's what I live for.

2. What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?[timg]
http://simg4.gelbooru.com//samples/41/ec/sample_41ecb15c1018c12ed08794b2e3de9214.jpg?3124164[/timg]

Vulcan is the worst. With that big hammer and those gems on his shoulder, the guy can build practically anything he needs for a fight. And like, I was doing just fine fighting this guy in a robot suit when he comes in and steals the goddamn save from me, apprehending the guy himself!SUUUUPER uncool, yanno? I mean, gently caress. So I gave him a look and he goes on about propriety and how I obviously couldn't handle it and, yeah, I was having a bit of trouble against the guy, but I had it under control! So I spat in his drat face, B rank or not, that's not how you loving treat another hero. He was too drat surprised that I'd smudge his BEAUTIFUL VISAGE to even stop me from leaving.

I'm pretty good at videogames. Ive placed in the all city SUPER HERO FIGHTERS tournaments every year, though I've never won the thing. I used to skate, but that's mostly part of my hero stuff so I'm not really sure it counts, anymore? Uhh, believe it or not I'm also learning to cook, though at the moment I'm pretty ads at it. One day I'll make a drat fine pizza or some poo poo. Not today.

As for a place to hang? poo poo, it should be obvious. GRAND MASTER GRAV'S GRAVITY PARK AND ARCADE. All capitals,he says. He's a retired hero with gravity powers, uses them to run a skatepark where you can go at ninety degree angles, jump between floating platforms, all kinds of poo poo. It's ducking awrsome, and it has food and videogames too, so as far as I'm concerned it's paradise.

4. (Optional) When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

Jet Set Radio Future- Funky Dealer.

My voice is loud, proud, and unabashed,pretty deep for a lady.

Super Hero Kawaii Team Hyper Force Go.

quote:

Slipstream, the Beacon - What are some of the different trick ammunitions your gauntlets can shoot, and which one is your favorite? What's your favorite and least favorite things about being a hero? What's the nicest thing another Hero has said about you?

Oh man, I've got them rigged to shoot all kinds of stuff. Most importantly it has the grapples on the top, a separate launcher from the actual arrows- they're pretty good for hooking onto cars and surfing behind them, catching a ride on flying villains (Or Gatter-nyan, sometimes), all sorts of fun poo poo, but they aren't actually ammunition. My actual ammo is also pretty cool- arrows that split into smaller arrows (though mine are pretty small to begin with, given that they're hand launched), Net Arrows, Explosive Arrows, I've got one that's really magnetized to better go for armored villains, uh, but my favorite one is prooobably the one that's, uh, actually tipped with a flash bang instead of a tip. See. Not many villains are actually that vulnerable to explosives unless they're chumps, but most of them don't like loud noises and bright lights, assuming they have sensors or eyes they need working, sooooo.... Uh, and there's also the one that's just a pen shaped like an arrow.

My favorite thing? The rush, the FAME! God, man, the fame, people know your name and poo poo, they know who you are and they heard you and they see you and they know you're a loving Hero! Everyone loves you, if they know you, everyone, everyone! You're Cool poo poo, man! Cool poo poo! One day I'm going to be on a cereal box. I'm going to be on national TV. I'll be rich as gently caress! I'll be a household name!

On the other side, there's a lot of real boring poo poo in being a hero. Paperwork. Dumb people robbing gas stations. Sometimes you break a few limbs and either have to go have an awkward explanation with one of hte medical heroes or sit out a week and a half, sometimes both, uuuuugh. All the waiting, the boring bits. I just wanna DO STUFF.

Oh, the nicest thing I've ever heard? Uh... poo poo. Ugh, this is going to sound bad, but like. I've gotten my poo poo wrecked a few times. There was the fight against Quetzel, and... They, well. They got away from me, and I was the only one there. poo poo. I can't even stop a loving fire themed bank robber, and they even broke my drat skates. I was going to have to walk two miles home, since I sure as hell couldn't tell my dad about all this. He'd have a cow- I was beat up, and bruised, and... didn't do my job. And then Siren showed up, in her fancy rear end sports car. She wasn't on time either, so she shrugged, and offered me a ride home. And we... talked a bit. All heroes lose, I guess. She tried to keep me positive, and cheerful...
It was nice. Nice for her to have my back- though next time, she won't have to. Next time, i won't lose.

quote:

Slipstream, the Beacon - What all are you willing to do to further your reputation? Who or what is holding you back from the Fame and Popularity you deserve? Is the bat you carry special too, or do you just like having a bat handy?
What Rank What Weakness

Anything. Well, anything that isn't like, literally killing a dude (Unless they deserve it) Turning into a villain (Unless there's a really good reason) betraying the team (Unless they all turn out to be zombies or something) or the like. Um, I'd definitely, probably, go out on my own or join other teams. gently caress, if I could get a solo villain kill? That would be goddamn SWEET man. I would own it. I would be a star, a hero, a... well, I'm already a hero. I'd be a STAR! I just... I want that dream. Cereal boxes, cereal boxes. I'm going to be on the cover of Super-Heroes Weekly or some poo poo! Do you know how CRAZY loving COOL That would be? Man. I'd do just about anything, I think.

Oh, what's holding me back? First of all, this @#$%@# D RANK BULLSHIT What the gently caress nerds I'm at LEAST A B, I can kick your rear end, loving testerman. I might not have powers but I've got a baseball bat. But now I gotta work my way up the SLOW way, the BORING way, UUUUUUUUUUUGH.Okay. Like, I should have been a B. I bet my dad rigged the test. No way I could be lower, otherwise. I might not be A or S rank yet, but I do NOT deserve this @#$@#%@ BULLSHIT. And my DAD. Ugh, my dad. HE doesn't WANT me to be a hero. He just wants me to be a computer programmer or, like, the next Tony Hawk or whatever. But that's not what I WANT, DAD. He helps, but... Mmn. I had to basically sneak my contract with Lancaster Sporting Goods RND behind his back to get my fancy gadgets and all, you know?

And my bat?
It's... it's just a bat. It's a nice bat, but it's a bat. It's good for hitting things.

My weakness? Uh, I guess flying? It's hard to deal with flying people. And like, I don't like fire, because getting burned sucks?

Actually, Slipstream's greatest weakness is that she's an rear end in a top hat.

Nea fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 4, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Sorry for the Doublepost

quote:

____________________ is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out
with them.
You've got to prove yourself to_____________________ before you feel like a real
hero.

Junior Jumble is a rad loving lady. I mean. I feel kind of bad for her with the puzzle body and stuff, but she's a good person. She's actually got a stake in this, unlike some of the other people on our team. She's fun to be around when she isn't moping and generally cool, so I try to hang out with her a lot. I mean, she's got the most interesting powers on the team for sure, and that's even counting mine. She's got a lot going for her. She's.. got a lot missing, too, and I feel bad for that. So, I try to be, uh. Careful around her. But anyways, she's fun and I like her. A lot, you know? So there.

As for who I need to prove myself to, definitely CODE. Code's just the literal nicest person I've ever met, calm, chill, and great. I'm happy to be with them, and they make me feel... bad about myself, sometime. And they won't even JUDGE ME when I gently caress up, and that's the worst part! If they would be mad at me it would be EASIER.

But I need... I need them to respect me. So I try to do better, for them.

Influence to Junior Jumble, Code, and Zero Fighter.

Code for team president.

Nea fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 2, 2016

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

RELATIONSHIPS

CODE comforted me when I was at my lowest.

"There's not much to it. Anyone who's met CODE knows she's irrepressibly optimistic. It's infectious. It was my mom's birthday a few weeks ago, the first one without my dad. He would always, always make sure to be home to celebrate with me. We'd do a new jigsaw together, to remember her. And...I guess a part of me just thought that even now, he wouldn't miss it. That he'd move heaven and earth and come home. And when he didn't, it was like that last shred of hope I had that he was okay, that I was wrong about him being in trouble, just burnt up right in front of me. Cassandra was away, seeing family, leaving me alone in that big old house, so I decided to go to HQ. It was late, only CODE was there. She asked what was going on and listened in that way she does, where you're really sure she understands but she makes sure you know that she is giving you her FULL ATTENTION and that everything is going to be alright because why wouldn't it be? When I was done telling her about my dad and mom and everything, she brought out a jigsaw and for some reason I nearly cried. It was an official Amazing Amazon and her Amazin' Friends Puzzle that Ema brought over--she gets all kinds of free Amazon stuff from her Aunt and we needed something to fill out the HQ. We spent hours putting that puzzle together and talking until it was almost dawn."

The Amazing Amazon knew me before I changed.

"Ema and I have always been friends. The Ravensburgers were once bigshots in this city, but that was a long time ago; all that's left is the house I live in and the trust that my great-great grandfather set up--I can't touch it, but it makes sure that I can afford to keep living in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city, even if I can't afford to shop there. And, thanks to great-great grandpa Gustaph, I met Ema. We lived a few houses down from each other and met on the playground as little kids. We've always been friends. It...took me a while to tell Ema about what happened to me. She was calling me for weeks, knocking on my door, but I wouldn't let her in. I knew the kind of stress she was under with her family and trying to go up in rank. I remember how happy we were when she first got her powers and how right after it was like a shadow fell over her. I didn't want to be that shadow.

And of course, giving influence to Ema. I care deeply about her opinion of me.

When our team first came together...
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?
Zone 26 Councilman Moyer now hates us.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 3, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Background:

I'm not a science chick. Sure, I can follow most of my fathers research and I'm no slouch when it comes to engineering, but in the end, all I ever wanted was space, a good guitar and a world to listen to me jam (the speakers loud enough to melt your face off is optional. Heavily wanted, but optional).

So what is a teenager like me doing in a military suit like this? Not by choice, I assure you.

It all started when my father was elected President of Hamasaki industries, inheriting it after the death of his mentor and longtime friend, Hiroshima Hamasaki. See, my father had a gift of invention. He made things people never thought were possible. Like the Zero-G difuser system, for example.

The Zero-G diffuser was designed to be added to a specialized suit of armor. The microbe was injected into your body, through the suit, where it would respond to your every thought in realtime. You and the suit became one. The suit was you. You was the suit.

Okay, you know how you can walk without even thinking about putting one foot in front of the other? Same concept. Nanites from the Diffuser works hand in hand with the Zero-G microbes, which boosts reactions and thinking time. This, in turn, allowed the user of the suit to be able to access the thousands of subroutines in said suit in order to access various features. Increased strength, fast healing, increased sight, supplements to increase bone and muscle density... you literally become a super soldier. Practically invincible.

I helped him build a prototype suit and even test drove it through simulations (without the microbe injection, of course, that was still experimental).

This suit was going to revolutionize warfare and do something unthinkable: It would allow the common man/woman to become empowered over night.

Which was why my father scrapped the idea and planned on destroying the prototype. Such technology would be devastating if it fell into the wrong hands. And those wrong hands didn't like that.

Those wrong hands grabbed my father.

Kept as a prisoner, the terroist group, known as C.H.A.O.S. (Champions of Hate, Anarchy, Obstruction, and Supremacy), wanted to force my father to build them a prototype for mass production. But there was something they didn't count on.

Me.

I put on the suit and I assaulted their base like a one woman army. It was an incredible feeling. But I was a fool. I made two mistakes:

One, I didn't take the Microbe injection, despite carrying it with me in the suit itself.

Second, I interrupted a UN peacekeeping force from organizing an assault on the place.

Third... not only did I fail to save my father... but as I foolishly left the suit to try to administer cpr on him, I was shot in the spine as a result. Paralyzed from the waist down.

My father died inches from me, but before doing so, he injected my helpless body with the Microbe (I was going to use it on 'him' to heal him before I was shot).

Thanks to the Microbe, I was able to control the suit to it's full potential when I got back in it (inside the suit, the Zero-G Difuser compensates for my spinal injury, allowing me to have full bodily function.

I managed to escape the island.

...thus began the career of The Invincible Zero-fighter.

...and the end of the dreams of Sumiye Mishima.

The Bull posted:

Heroine Name: Zero Fighter

Look:
● Woman
● Asian
● ragged clothing
● Battle Armor (Zero Suit, Ver. 2.0.1)

Abilities: On top of allowing her complete control of her limbs (by connecting to her nanites and simulating the stimulus that her nervous system would normally generate, the Zero Suit grants Sumiye enhanced speed, reflexes, flight and toughness. She can also interact with external technology via 'Zero Wi-Fi' Technology, allowing real time radar, communications and wireless connections to certain machinery.

The Bull’s Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that supports your love or frustrates your rival.

Punch Prodigy is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

Let me just say that this guy is awesome. Absolutely _awesome_. He taught me so much in the realm of hand to hand, face to face, fist to face, elbow to face, face to asphalt (yeah I think you get it now) combat. He has shown me that just because I can lift more, or run faster or whatever means jacksquat and in all fairness, he would flatten me without my enhancements given by the suit. I'm more the better for it. I owe him.

Slipstream is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

She maybe cute, she maybe brave, and her determination is quite endearing... but thats where it ends.

Look, I didn't say I won't go fishing with her or anything, she is vibrant and full of life. An inspiration... but there's a line, you know. And that line was crossed by a Superman leap. This woman tweeted... or was it vine? She does so much, I swear...

Look. Social Media. She outed my presence in Zone 26 on Social Media after I specifically asked her not to. The result? C.H.A.O.S. found out. And sure enough, there was Havok. People got hurt, I was nearly down and out again and the property damage... all because Slipstream just had to get on her stupid cellphone or whatever.

I'd love to hang out with her... but can I 'trust' her?

Role:
Friend: When you comfort or support your love or rival, mark potential on a hit. When your love or rival comforts or supports you, mark potential when they roll a hit

Punch everyone: Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can raise your Danger by one and drop any other label by one.

In a China Shop: When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Backstory

- Who changed you?
Technically... Havok. While C.H.A.O.S. forced me to put on the suit in the first place, Havok crippled me. This ultimately led to me getting the injection.

- How did you escape from them?
I broke in to get my father out, so this question is technically moot. That said, they 'did' almost kill me. Hence why I took the injection.

- Who, outside the team, looks out for you now?
My mom owns Hamasaki Industries. She doesn't know that I'm Zero Fighter (she would have a fit if she knew). To her, Zero Fighter saved her daughter and tried to save her husband. So she provides updates to his/her software and weaponry.

- Why do you try to be a hero?
Guilt. I failed to save my father. I refuse to fail to save another life.

- Why do you care about the team?
I want out of this zone. The only way to do that is to prove that I don't belong here. This team can help me with that.

Questions posted:

As I said earlier, I want to be a hero. The Zero-G Armor is my father's legacy passed down to me. I want to honor his memory by using it for good. the League of Heroes helps in that regards.

HAVOK is still out there, spreading terror and looking for revenge of the hero in the metal suit that thwarted her masters, C.H.A.O.S., plans time and time again. They say first impressions are the strongest.

Since my paralysis, My mother has forced me to go to therapy. Aside from that... I hang out with friends mostly when I'm not tinkering with the suit itself. I don't go near music shops, though. Reminds me of the times before Zero-fighter... when I still had a father and a life.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 9, 2016

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
When our team first came together… We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Thanks to my peers more than me, Havok is now 0-2 against me, though as I said, it was thanks to the 'team'. I would've been in trouble, as the fight with Havok took an entirely new dimension now that I had civilians and populated buildings to worry about. How she found me... well... I'll explain that later, but needless to say, she was by far one of our dangerous enemies who could've devastated any of us one on one, and was strong enough to devastate us one on on six. Of course, the fact that she was Fifty one cards short of a full deck was an opening that my teammates discovered and exploited enough to take her down and drive her off.

Relationships

Punch Prodigy is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

Let me just say that this guy is awesome. Absolutely _awesome_. He taught me so much in the realm of hand to hand, face to face, fist to face, elbow to face, face to asphalt (yeah I think you get it now) combat. He has shown me that just because I can lift more, or run faster or whatever means jacksquat and in all fairness, he would flatten me without my enhancements given by the suit. I'm more the better for it. I owe him.

Slipstream is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

She maybe cute, she maybe brave, and her determination is quite endearing... but thats where it ends.

Look, I didn't say I won;t go fishing with her or anything... but there's a line, you know. And that line was crossed by a Superman leap. This woman tweeted... or was it vine? She does so much, I swear...

Look. Social Media. She outed my presence in Zone 26 on Social Media after I specifically asked her not to. The result? C.H.A.O.S. found out. And sure enough, there was Havok. People got hurt, I was nearly down and out again and the property damage... all because Slipstream just had to get on her stupid cellphone or whatever.

Hope it was worth it.

thejoshie fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 2, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

In case anyone missed them, Setting Infodoc and NPC Sheet.

Should hopefully have game thread up tomorrow.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
All things considered, we did well and impressed an established hero. Who was it?

One of the top A ranked heroes, Tracer Bullet! She doesn't seem to have the power to make it up to S rank, but she's super fast and has magic bullets! Tends to be a sort of 'scout' for the League of Heroes, providing information to other heroes and the HQ, as well as being one of the main PR faces of the League. She's super nice, and after the battle she took me aside to say we'd done a great job with the fight, and she thought we'd be going a long way, and that I definitely was my Aunt's Niece. I guess she must be friends with Aunt Theresa? She was going to dispatch some help to us, but decided we had it under control.

Tracer Bullet

Relationships
You once got caught breaking your legacy's rules with Slipstream.

Slipstream is kind of a jerk, you know? I thought she was cool at first, because she wanted to have fun doing uh, they're aren't like... bad things, just stuff someone who has to live up to a generation of spotless hero reputations can't really do, or at least be seen doing. Like drinking, or sneaking into adult movies in a theater. And that all sounds good and cool to me, because I can't do it? So I was down for that, but obviously, someone recognized me even outside of my costume, and Slipstream just loving straight up bailed, left me to get photographed and tabloided and lectured by people. It sucked stank.

You trust Junior Jumble and told them an important secret of your legacy.

I've known Toshiko for years and years, basically my entire life. So I completely trust her to keep the two big secret she knows. First secret, is that really none of us have any why we have super powers, or it always passes on the same way, any of that. We just have em, and that's how they work. It's a complete mystery. The second, is that I don't really want to be the next Amazing Amazon. I want to be a hero! And save people, and all that. I just wish I wasn't in a big line of them. I just want to save people and not worry about stuff that doesn't matter in the process of saving people.

Influence
You're a part of this team, for better or worse, and you care what they think. Give influence to all of your teammates.

Your vote for Team Captain for your team. Don't vote for yourself please.
Ah... do we really need a team leader? We could just give each other warnings and advice as we go? Oh well, Zero Fighter seems like the best choice to me. He's got experience and a kicking war suit thing. And he can like, analyze fights as we go, right?

If you want to rename the Team or your base, vote for it here too.
As the only famous-semifamous person here, we'll probably be known as The Amazing Amazon and Friends or something dumb like that. Might as well get it over with.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 2, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I loving refuse to go by anything with Amazing Amazon's name in it, I am not going to be reduced to an and friends, okay? I mean sure, I shouldn't have bailed on her that one time but that's not even relevant to the discussion.Okay, fine. You need a name? Team name. We're technological, we're fancy as gently caress, we're cool cats... we're the Underdogs. We'll take the respect we're owed! We all deserve to be better than this, so let's prove we're good enough.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?
Zone 26 is led by a council of elected officials, one of whom is Harold Moyer--as in of the famous Moyer political family. I read a political boards sometimes (because I get bored and I can't really go outside without scaring people) and if you believe the talk, he's on the fast track to higher office--he just has to not screw up. Which is why he hates us. When we fought HAVOK, that was big and messy; Zone 26 is a quiet suburb, and That Sort of Thing doesn't happen here. He's smart, ambitious, connected, and he's our enemy now.

Team Captain

Well, Ema of course! I mean, she's my friend and I want to do everything I can to help her go up in rank. Leading a team would really raise her profile. Other than her...Zero Fighter really seems to have their head on straight.

Team Name/Base

Underdogs sounds cool. We kind of have that theme, don't we?

Then I guess the base would be the Doghouse, wouldn't it?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

(Link to sheet in nameplate)

Influence
I am cheerful, and thrilled to be here! Everyone takes influence over me~

Relationships
You've been learning about Earth by spending time with Slipstream.
From what I have surmised, Slipstream is the closest on the team to a normal, baseline human sapient, so is therefore the most representative of humanity. As such, it is the most logical option to interact with (or as humans put it, 'hang out',) with her to learn as much about Earth as I can. Besides which, she is fun to be around, and very eager to show me Earth customs that I am unaware of, ones that are not immediately apparent from reading books on the subject.

You have a crush on Junior Jumble but you keep it under wraps.
I am not sure how else to explain it otherwise. One night - the night of the solar cycle corresponding to the time of her birth - she confided in me her anxiety and melancholy over her parents and a familial tradition that her male parent was not present for. I tried to alleviate her melancholy by taking part in this tradition, and... I do not know how to properly describe it. It was a sensation similar to my first experience of 'tiredness', a complicated mixture of unfamiliar symptoms. When I awoke the next day, I did some research, and the internet informed me that I was feeling a 'crush' (another human sapient term that confuses me - why would one associate physical compression with a relationship?) I am beyond uncertain how to deal with this, I've never... my people never have feelings like this, and I don't know what could result from it!

When the Team first came together...
We didn't trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?
I must admit it was a little disheartening to, upon first meeting the others of this team, be met with distance. Human sapients are not like my people; they are extraordinarily protective of their individuality, to the point of distinguishing one another by their differences. They treat each other as though every person was as different to them as I am to a human - an alien being, unmistakably different to them. (I really must spend more time studying this mindset - if I can understand it, I can overcome it, right?)

However! The thing that most certainly does not differentiate us is our protective instinct towards those who cannot defend themselves! I am elated to report that despite entering the battle as individuals; working without coordination or trust and engaging the hostile sapient on our own terms, we left the battle victorious not only over the enemy but over our own prejudices, united in placing the needs of the many above our own!

Team Captain
I am not particularly used to the human sapient way of designating leadership - my people officiate by committee in all non-trivial decisions, but after studying contemporary human leaders, I have determined that the qualities of leadership they emphasize most highly are an appealing appearance (at least that is what I have gathered from the way supporters of these leaders describe them. I still have difficulty understanding organic standards of 'beauty), a charismatic demeanour, level-headed, unemotional judgment and a confident attitude. Of all those qualities... I do not think anyone on our team is perfectly qualified... but I believe Zero Fighter fits the most of those qualities, so if my teammates agree we would perform better with a leader, I would give my vote to them! This is purely a logical decision, completely devoid of any emotion, I promise!

Team Name/Base
From my observation, the naming of a habitation and the community within it are decisions of immense cultural importance to human sapients. I, uh... do not yet know enough to make an informed decision on this matter, so I support whichever consensus my team-mates come up with!

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Influence

Sumiye puts on a brave face, but she’s just as vulnerable as all of us, maybe more so. Sure, my training was strenuous, but her hardships make me feel like a coddled brat by comparison. She’s an inspiration, and has become a drat good fighter to boot.

Ema, along with myself and Sumyie look to be the brawn of the team. She's got an entire family tree worth of experience and advice, so I'm sure she has something to teach me. Sensei's not an Amazon, after all.

Relationships

You and Slipstream teamed up a few times from before the rest of you
came together.

Yeah, this is actually pretty good. Remember that gang boss I mentioned I took down? We did it as a team-up double-cross via a spontaneous extreme baseball game. Slipstream was the other team’s ringer, and I threw her the most beautifully set-up pitch. Goon got nailed with a Major League worthy line drive. Being on his team, I offered to take the boss to the hospital, instead later dropping him off at the precinct. Not the most disciplined of victories, but it was efficient. Jeez, what was his name?

Your mentor is cautious; they asked you to keep an eye on Junior Jumble

Honestly, I don’t blame her. JJ is weird. Not a bad person, but seeing her powers at work is enough to give you the creeps. No doubt Sensei wants to piece together how she got her powers.

When the Team first came together...

We stuck together after all was said and done. Why? How’d we keep in contact?

Seems like a pretty simple question to me. When you take my training, and add Zero’s grit, Amazon’s heritage, Slipstream’s ingenuity, JJ’s nature, and CODE’s perspective, you get a winning combination. The fact that the League teamed us is either divine providence, or blind luck.

Team Captain

Seems like Zero Fighter has the honor of being our Captain.

Team Name/Base

If we're the Underdogs, we should be proving our mettle from our base, The Foundry.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 5, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

When our Team First came together, We found signs that this incident was just the
start of something bigger. What were the signs?

Well, poo poo, maybe the fact that Havok knew our social medias well enough to find us off a random vine? Like, it wasn't exactly well known what the rank D teams were yet. But that's not REALLY the reason why I'm suspicious, no. I'm suspicious because Havok's Two Fighter had been repainted, in Pink and White and Gold.

A little digging on...

Okay, just the internet, nothing special, a little googling got me that one of the symbols on Two Fighter/Havok, in that color scheme, was the Yamashita Group's logo- they're a group of CEOs that the government suspected to be supervillains or funding supervillainy, but never managed to quite pin on them- their equipment showed up in villain's hands, but they were careful to supply just enough heroes to keep suspicions off them.

For now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
I don't care if our name has Amazing Amazon in it or not, we are not the Underdogs. That's a terrible name, and how will it look when we're top ranked heroes? The Foundry is a cool base name though, we should be like... The Vulcans, or something. God of blacksmiths and forges and all that. The Young Vulcans? We can drop the Young once we're older. Teen Vulcans?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

GodFish posted:

I don't care if our name has Amazing Amazon in it or not, we are not the Underdogs. That's a terrible name, and how will it look when we're top ranked heroes? The Foundry is a cool base name though, we should be like... The Vulcans, or something. God of blacksmiths and forges and all that. The Young Vulcans? We can drop the Young once we're older. Teen Vulcans?

"Weren't you telling me about that A-Rank the other day, the one who's the son of the honest-to-god God Vulcan? Seems like it would be...Awkward.

If you don't like Underdogs, then I'm fine with the Foundry. But for a team name...Six Inch Nails? No, we'd get sued. Also, SIN sounds like a villain group. The Smiths--no, same problem." At this point, she pulls out her phone and starts looking up blacksmithing terms without much luck. "Hmm...Hey, what about the Journeymen? It's basically what we are--not an apprentice, not a master--someone who's working their way up the ranks."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Oh yeah, Boy Vulcan and Vulcan...

Journeymen sounds good though.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Oh hey look, the IC thread is up.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Journeymen? Half of us aren't even men. And we can always change our name later, Underdogs is cool.

Also, changed a few of my drives since it's still pregame.

Nea fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 3, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
"Men" is a gender neutral inclusive, Journeywomen isn't. And Underdogs isn't cool at all.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Men is inherently gendered! And it's totally cool, everyone roots for the underdog and they're always the one that wins. We come up when nobody expects and show them our business. Journey men are just some bored welder in trade school.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
"I...I thought it was cool..."

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
"Perhaps we can combine the two, to make a term acceptable to all participants! Would 'The Underdog-Journeymen Coalition' be a satisfactory compromise for our team's purposes?"

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
It'd be a cool name for a temporary team up but it just sounds life we're planning on being the underdogs forever.

...I don't think that works CODE.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

It's a perfectly fine name, we can change it when we STOP being the underdogs.

How about the Kickass Club?

The Bad Company?

The Cool Kids Club?

Zero-Legion?

The Pugilism Pals?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
We have the lowest overall average rating. A low-key name can work and is certainly fitting for our current perception. I agree with Slipstream, if we want a flashy name, I say we earn.

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 3, 2016

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

If anyone needs a copy of the new edition, I can pass it out ,PM me on IRC. Speaking of which, remind me to fix my character sheet for the new edition.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Entering a DELINQUENT!

SPARKLE ROSE!

Well hey! I'm SPARKLE ROSE! And given that you're standing here in front of the cutest, sweetest, and bestest bad girl in the biz you wanna chat, and maybe flirt. Heheh! Well you'll have to get in line! I'm totally popular and awesome.

quote:

• How did you get your powers?

Oooh, right to the point! Cheeky. Well! I... might not tell you. Hehehehehehahahahahah! Hey! W-Wait! Where are you going? Okay! Fine! I'll tell you! Geez, what's with that look? So, IIIIII kinda don't know...? Okay, well, it all started when this big horrible alien/angel/thing! Appeared out of nowhere! And it was all like BALARGKAAKAL! And everyone was running away and terrified! But I wasn't scared! So I just walked up and was all like 'Yo!' and then it blasted me in the face with some kinda goop and disappeared! And I was all like! Oh Ew! Dude! Nasty! And then I had powers!

Holly Green grew up in a downtrodden neighbourhood. In a broken family on a broken street. She lived for two things, making her baby sister laugh, and trying to survive her alchoholic dad. She got so stressed and mad and angry at how colourless her life was that she managed to trigger something! Casting a rainbow of colour over her whole house! He Dad thought it was the drink and gave it up. She worked out from there that she could use her powers to make her life better! But old habits die hard, and Sparkle Rose found herself using her powers for petty crime. Stealing food but making it look like it was still there. Or grabbing some cash and porting away. She tries to keep the harm she causes to a minimum though. She knows all to well the pain that crime can cause others. That's why she tries to be as flamboyant and overdramatic about everything. She's a showman at heart!

quote:

• What do you do for fun?

What DON'T I do?! Gotta spread the love! Paint stuff in pink! Cover things in glitter! Have a laugh! Make some jokes! Break into someones house and turn all their furniture upside down! It's all good fun! And when I'm not doing that? Watch movies, buy the greatest outfits ever discovered by man. Show those dorks, how to not be TERRIBLE. It's a busy job.

quote:

• Who, outside the team, thinks better of you than you do?

Look, I'm the greatest, and everyone who's ever met me understands this! Some... Some people understand this more then others. There was my eternal rival. Voidbutt. A psycho with a knife fetish. Who I showed there was more to life then the grimdork hiding in shadows way of life! Obviously she surrendered in the end. But now there's someone who I'm rivalled against...!

Check out this dork

His name is Sureshot Takagashi. He's a trick shooter, all 'tude and dramatic wind flutter through his hair. You listen to the way he tells it, and he'd make you think he's some kinda main lead. Psh, he wishes he was that cool. He's super easy to get under the skin of. Ya see, he's gotta look cool all the time. So like, distracting him, and then putting a 'kick me' sign on his back. Or covering him in dust. Or like, dropping a spoon of yogurt on his head from a hight. Makes him lose his poo poo! It's amazing.

Well somewhere along time line, after I showed him up ~Again~ he started talking about how he had these high hopes for me, and.. just came out with all this stupid poo poo like he knew me or something! Well, Sparkle Rose, mysterious, sexy, and awesome vill- heroine isn't so easy to figure out. So I grabbed him and left him on a roof somewhere. Thought that would teach him. But he keeps bringing it up! I mean GOD!

Holly struggles to connect to people, especially when they declare they've worked her out. For someone who throws up so many masks, it's the fastest way to get under her skin. She's scared of people figuring her out. That's not to say she doesn't want to grow close to others, but she's spent so long putting on the show she finds it difficult to stop and open up sometimes.

quote:

• Why do you try to be a hero?

What? What kinda question is that? Dude! TO show these chumps how to do it right! Gotta have a bit of pzazz! Gonna bring a smile to everyone's faces, and like, be the best hero ever. Not like I have to be or anything.

quote:

• Why do you care about the team?

Hahaha! Because if I don't keep my eye on them I'll leave them in my dust as I steal the show!

quote:

• What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?

I joined these dorks to get them to have some FUN! Everyone's so grim all the time, 'oh! I'm a hero! You can tell because of my STUPID SAD FACE WAA WAA WAA!'. So I was totally recruited for that reason! Totally no others! After all, I am obvious the best thing since sliced toast!

Holly fell in with a really bad crowd during her villainous rampage. They forced her to get involved in increasingly bad crime until, feeling totally trapped and out of her dept. She turned herself into the Association. Squealing on the crew she was running with. Obviously they're not happy with her. For now Holly is serving her parole as a hero within the association. She's desperately embarrassed and conflicted about it all and scared of what would happen if her old crew caught up with her.

quote:

• What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?

Oh, that would be Sun WOW Kong!

Guy is kinda crazy, we used to spar, you know share barbs! I obviously won all of the matches. He's pretty much all brawn! Total dummy! Hahahaha!

Holly was a member of Sun WOW Kong's crew. She served out of fear. Ever since she acted as an informant for the Hero Assosiation. WOW Kong has had a price on her head.

quote:

• What do you like to do in your free time, and where do you like to hang out?

Shop

I shop till that I drop-
ALL OF MY BAGS OFF AT HOME SO I CAN GO BACK TO THE SHOPS TO BUY MORE STUFF! AW YEAH BABY!! WOOOO!

Hehehehe, but no seriously, shopping is just great! All of the fashions and incredibly stupid hats. You don't even get it! It's just the BEST!

And there's no better place to go for all the worstbest outfits then Okara Fashion. Nineteen basement floors of pure utterly ridiculous style boutiques, and mini-shops. Run by the Cat-Walk. A all female biker gang of fashion divas and models, they ride around the place in the latest styles. And who can blame them? Have you TRIED walking in some of these shoes?! No one messes with the Walk! You wanna shop lift? You're going to have to outrun the walk, and no one's managed it yet!

quote:

• (Optional) When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

quote:

Hero Name: Sparkle Rose
Look: Woman, White, Laughing eyes, Casual clothing, Showy costume
Abilities: Illusions, Teleportation

Lables

FREAK +1
DANGER 0
SAVIOR -1
SUPERIOR +2
MUNDANE +1

Moves

Are you watching closely?:
When you mislead, distract, or trick someone, roll + Superior. On a hit, they are fooled, at least for a moment. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two.
- you get an opportunity
- you expose a weakness or flaw
- you confuse them for some time
- you avoid further entanglement

On a miss, you’re hopelessly embroiled in it and under pressure; mark a condition.

Mary Contrary:
When someone tries to pierce your mask, comfort or support you, or provoke you, you can interfere. Roll + Superior. On a hit, they take a -2 on their roll. On a 10+, you also take Influence over them or clear a condition. On a miss, they get a 10+ no matter what they rolled and you mark a condition of their choice.

Criminal mind:
When you assess the situation, you can always ask one of the following questions, even on a miss:
- what here is useful or valuable to me?
- how could I best infuriate or provoke ____________?
- what’s the best way in/way past?

Advancements

Take a move from another playbook: The Janus - Dangerous Web
When you reveal a trap you’ve left for someone using your powers, roll + your mask’s Label. On a hit, your opponent trips into it, and you get an opening or opportunity against them. On a 10+, take +1 forward to pursuing it. On a miss, the trap inadvertently leads to a dangerous escalation.

Team moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you’re cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. If they’re a teammate, then either way, add a Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you, and ask them who they’d like you to be. Mark potential if you show them that person. If they’re a teammate, add a Team to the pool no matter what.

Moment of Truth

This is when you show them what you really are. Whether you’re the hero underneath the rebel facade...or the one who can make the hard choices heroes can’t make. You do whatever it takes to show that truth, whether it’s saving the day from a terrible villain or stopping a bad guy once and for all. Of course, once you’ve shown what you really are, there’s no going back to playing the clown...

Relationships

You keep trying to impress _________________ with your antics.
You and ________________ pulled an awesome (if illegal) stunt together

Influence

You care way more than you let on. Give three teammates Influence over you.

When our team first came together…

We totally broke some major rules to win the fight. What rules did we break? Whose rules were they?

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 22, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Now is probably a good time for me to mention that I'm looking for two replacements for players that have gone inactive in Animasks 2. Please read the OP before submitting a character (and please don't app one of the playbooks the game already has) but otherwise I'm open to basically all ideas / other playbooks. The team currently consists of:

Slipstream, the Beacon
Punch Prodigy, the Protege
Amazing Amazon, the Legacy
Junior Jumble, the Transformed

Will keep re-recruit open for a couple days, intend on asking a set of questions for all the apps, and then will make picks / get the game going again right after that.

EDIT: If you app'd a character that didn't make it in before, you're more than welcome to resubmit them.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Since I'm about to rejigger Slipstream's advances and take the Star's audience, I would like to request no one app a star please?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Zenith, the Outsider

Greetings, petitioners. I have heard your cries, your prayers for salvation. Fear not, for I am here to answer them! Evil will be rent asunder and the darkness dispelled by the glorious light of the sun!

I am from the Divine Realm, one of the higher planes connected to your Material Realm. We are those who have watched over you since the dawn of man. I am but one of the many gods assigned to watch over the lower realms. Your 'Neo Central City' happens to be under my purview, so when I started receiving an unusual amount of distressed pleas I was forced to investigate in person! It was shocking to see how far you have come since the last recorded visitation of a god. I was prepared for nothing more than scattered fields and hovels, but your skills at construction have certainly advanced! The sights! The unusual smells! The Empowered! There is so much that I will need to learn and record and bring back with me to the Divine Realm.

Leave? Why would I want to leave? After all, I haven't found out what caused the sudden increase in petitions! It would be awful if I couldn't figure it out -- we aren't exactly supposed to descend to the lower realms. I am no expert on planar dynamics, but I have heard that there can be dire consequences. It's all fine, though, right? Nothing bad has happened! I need to prove myself to my supervisors and help out all of you petitioners before I go anywhere.

The Outsider posted:

Hero Name: Zenith
Look: Woman, Human Body, Glowing Eyes, Flashy Clothing, Your Station's Costume

Abilities

Flying and Pretty Tough, Divine Armaments, Heliokinesis

Labels

Freak +2
Danger -1
Savior +0
Superior +2
Mundane +0

Conditions

❑ Afraid (-2 to directly engage a threat)
❑ Angry (-2 to comfort or support or pierce the mask)
❑ Guilty (-2 to provoke someone or assess the situation)
❑ Hopeless (-2 to unleash your powers)
❑ Insecure (-2 to defend someone or reject others’ influence)

Outsider Moves

❑ Belong in two worlds: You have the resources that come with your station. Whenever you contact your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:
- receive a useful piece of alien technology that will allow you to use any ability from another playbook once (choose the ability when you spend the hold)
- consult your people’s knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation
- clear a condition through the comfort of contact with your home

❑ Alien tech: When you alter a human device with your alien technology, roll + Freak. On a hit, you create a device that can do something impossible once and then fizzle. When you roll a 10+, choose one:
- it works exceptionally well
- you get an additional use out of it
On a miss, the device works, but it has a completely unintended side effect that the GM will reveal when you use it.

❑ The best of them: When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they exemplify the best parts of Earth, roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

❑ Game face: (Advance) When you commit yourself to save someone or defeat a terrible enemy, mark a condition and take +1 ongoing to all rolls in direct pursuit of that goal. At the end of any scene in which you don’t make progress towards that goal, mark a condition. When you fulfill your goal, mark potential.

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

Moment of Truth

You embrace your home and call them for aid. They will answer your call—in force!—arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. They fight and serve you for the rest of the battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Relationships

You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.

You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence

You’re thrilled to be here. Give everyone Influence over you.

Additional Background posted:

• What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?

I was surrounded by heroes the moment I descended from the heavens! Apparently they've had some interesting characters show up that way. Better to be safe when it comes to unusual visitors! In any case, once I explained my identity and mission, they offered me the choice to join the league. I am not sure that the idea of submitting to mortal laws and rules truly appeals to me, but it seems the most convenient avenue to pursue my investigations!

So far my interactions with league representatives have been fairly pleasant. I am something of a diplomatic envoy between our realms, so it is natural that they would treat me with some respect.

• What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?

One of the first villains I encountered after my descent went by the name Midnight Sun. She was launching black bursts of energy from the orb that floated above her head as she burst out of a nearby building. I must admit that the subtleties of the situation escaped me, but she seemed to be fleeing with the vial in her hand. How could I ignore evil in my very sight? We fought furiously, but neither of us could take the upper hand. Her blasts and mine would cancel out and vanish. My divine blade is incredibly powerful, but her erratic movements caused me no end of grief in actually connecting. Other heroes soon joined me on the scene and that gave me the opening I needed to unleash a swift kick and reclaim the vial. She was forced to flee soon after.

She declared her eternal enmity and cursed my very existence. I believe that she will likely seek me out in the future, if only to seek vengeance for this encounter.

I very much enjoy the company of the common folk! It is my duty as one of the divine to familiarize myself with the needs and desires of those I watch over. To this end, I have taken to exploring the many shopping centers nearby. I don't understand the exchange of notes for goods and services that occurs within, but it seems to bring great joy to many! It is very interesting to watch what our charges choose to exchange. The many forms of food and drink, the tools, and, perhaps the most perplexing, the discs and books containing stories. Are there not enough mysteries in the world outside? Why would people need to invent stories?

• (Optional) When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

Ar Tonelico III - METHOD_HYMMELI. Zenith would have Katakiri Rekka as her voice actor. Very upbeat, with occasional slips into incredibly archaic language.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 20, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

quote:

Hero Name: Spectra
Playbook: The Bull

Look: Woman, Japanese, calloused hands, casual clothing, simple costume
Abilities: Someone or something changed you, made you into a perfect weapon:

Hyperphotosynthetic Filtration - Rosa is able to tap into energy reserves that her body gathers from solar light energy and stores in her muscles and joints. When she desires, she can alter her body chemistry to dramatically increase energy absorption and consumption in various frequencies, each associated with different muscle groups. This change is accompanied by chemical changes to her hair, which indicates which frequency she is attuned to.
  • Superhumanly tough - Hair turns blue
  • Incredibly strong - Hair turns red
  • Uniquely skilled at fighting - Hair turns yellow

Labels
Freak +1
Danger +2
Savior 0
Superior +1
Mundane -1

Moves

Punch everyone
Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can shift your Danger up and any other Label down.

In a china shop
When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Unstoppable
When you smash your way through scenery to get to or away from something, roll + Danger. On a hit, the world breaks before you, and you get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one:
  • mark a condition
  • leave something behind
  • take something with you.
On a miss, you smash through, but leave devastation in your wake or wind up somewhere worse, GM’s choice.

The Bull's Heart
You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.

Friend: When you comfort or support your love or rival, mark potential on a hit. When your love or rival comforts or supports you, mark potential when they roll a hit.

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

Moment of Truth
This is what you do best. You let loose, all the pent up strength and rage and glee, and you break whatever stands in your way. You are a walking demolition crew. What can stand up to you? Nothing. Not buildings. Not structures. Not enemies. Nothing. Of course, now the people who changed you know exactly where to find you...

My weight shifts rapidly as I leap from side to side, pivoting effortlessly in a dazzling display of speed and agility. Sweat flies off of me as I change direction - this way and that - throwing light punches at paper targets taped onto the sides of playground equipment. This is my element - practice, repetition, effort. Hard work. Why do I do all this?

It's all for Friday night. Fight night. Getting into the ring and trying to top somebody else, fighting fist to fist - all to see who's stronger. To find true strength. To know what it is to be strong.

To think - I got into this drat thing all because my little brother kept getting picked on in school. All because he had a stupid horn on his head - I mean, what kind of power even is that? Of course, mine's even more useless. I can change the color of my hair - whoop de doo. So can anybody else with hair die.

Anyways, yeah, so my brother was getting picked on, and of course I have to stand up for him. So I confronted those jerks after school - they were four years younger than me. But of course they had older siblings too. And when somebody in the grade above me charged at me, fists flying, well - I stood up for myself with a swing of my own. Dropped the guy in a second.

Turns out the fight was witnessed by some older kids too, who had followed the guy that charged me. One of them, named Katana Jack, approached me afterwards. I guess he was actually a boxer, and was trying to get the guy that attacked me to drop the tough-guy act and join his gym. But after seeing my hook, he quickly changed his mind, instead trying to recruit me. "You've got the perfect form," he said, "You can't just learn that. It's in your blood. Let me help you learn how to fight."

Katana Jack, years later

Heroes of the Ring, they called it. An inside joke, it turned out - if you had any kind of combat-related power, they wouldn't let you in. But nonpowered boxing, it turns out, is still super popular, despite everything else going on. And I was good at it, too - 2 fights, 2 KOs leading up to my professional debut. And at the age of 16, I had a big match against the women's lightweight champion for the city.

So that's why I'm out here training, working on my signature move - the Whiplash Hook. The trick is putting side-to-side motion into a powerful hook to the body - it almost always breaks the guard if thrown right. So that's why I'm working on weight shifting - it's critical in pulling off the punch, and part of what Jack calls my finishing combination. I guess I'll have to learn more about that later.

And then everything goes black.

--

I woke up in a hospital bed, two weeks later. No memories of what happened - except for a strange tattoo on my neck and a note left on my body as whoever-it-was dumped me at the emergency room. The police came and went, turns out I was just one of a string of similar cases. Something called EVO, some sort of quasi-sciencey-terrorist group that was kidnapping people and experimenting on them. And as for me, well, they changed me into a weapon.

Yeah, I have powers now. Strong powers. Somehow tied into my hair color. I'm stronger - way stronger. No way they'll let me into Heroes of the Ring now. Katana Jack actually had to come and explain it to me. He was just as pissed as I was, to see somebody with potential like mine forced into early retirement.

But now, I have a new goal. To stop EVO. To stop people like... like who I used to be, from getting hurt by villains. And there's one obvious way to do that - the League of Heroes. So now, I'm stepping into a new ring. And this time - it's going to be a fight to the death.

Who changed you?

EVO symbol, branded onto Spectra's neck

EVO - En Veritas Omega. Some sort of terrorist group that likes to kidnap people and experiment on them. To some, it kills them, or disables them for life. To others, well, like me, it just changes them. All in the pursuit of some secret meaning for the changes to the world. All useless, if you ask me.

How did you escape from them?

In a way, I never did - and never will. Sure, they dropped me off at a hospital when they were done with me - but who knows what they did to me? Nobody can tell me that. Nobody knows if they did more - if I'm a ticking time bomb for something even worse. And that scares me.

But all I can do is move forward, to fight back against an uncertain future. Take the time I have, and keep advancing as a hero, and to bring them down as much as I can.

Who, outside the team, tries to take care of you now?

Hamasaki Toro

My younger brother - and the rest of my family, of course. But Toro, he cares for me the most, he really does. He was always so happy that I got into boxing - he was my biggest fan. But of course, now he feels guilty. He thinks that my boxing is why I was targeted. I try to dismiss the thought, but of course I can't help but think the same thing. But none of that matters, not really. He supports me, no matter what. Now, I've got to show him what kind of hero I'm going to be.

Why do you try to be a hero?

Because it's the right thing to do, and because it's who I am. I'd be standing up for people regardless of my powers - and now with the perfect fighting stuff, I plan on making a real difference.

Because... because they work just as hard as I do. All those hours of training - pushing yourself to the limit just to have a slight edge on your competition. It matters. And they all are just like me - each wanting to be the best hero that they can be. It's admirable. So I want to support them however I can, even if sometimes that means just using my fists.

What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?

It was the obvious choice once I recovered from the hospital stay - and once I realized what my new power was. The League is hands-down the strongest hero group right now. Positive, negative? No, nothing like that. I think they're strong. So I want to join them, learn from them about strength, and hopefully make them strong in my own way too.

What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?

Barring EVO, I'd probably have to say Radical Rick. The one-time hero went crazy after losing his family - and now he more or less wanders the streets, looking for fights. I just happened to be nearby when he was set off by some small-time crooks trying to hold up a Quik-E-Mart. They ran out with some cash - right into Rick. He went mad, beating them, nearly to death. I felt like I had to step in to stop him - so I did. I managed to hold him off with dodges and blocks, but his strength is crazy - way more than mine. Luckily I managed to talk him down from the ledge and he came to his senses, then ran off apologizing while the authorities arrived.

Radical Rick

What do you like to do in your free time, and where do you like to hang out?

Go to the gym, of course! Even though I can't compete anymore, doesn't mean I can't still hang out and give newcomers tips or shoot the poo poo with Jack. Or with my brother, talking to him when he gets out of school, or at home. And, training of course. Just because I have super strength doesn't mean I can slack off on my training. If anything, I only have to work harder now - losing now means death, not just losing the belt.

When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

Theme Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKMMnw-I-8

Voice: raspy, rugged

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 13, 2016

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

hero costume

mundane clothing

Shapshifted

The day was normal like any other. We were on a hunt to get Nakaharu some training in. My brother excelled in black magic but was hopeless when it came to the wilderness and what it takes for a proper hunt, so our father charged me with teaching him. He did nothing but complain the entire time, his shoes were getting dirty, he was tired, hungry, or any number of complaints he could come up with. I knew he hated these hunts. He had a soft heart and didn't like the sight of blood or the sounds of a dying animal. Usually I would be very sympathetic to his weakness but Father had been coming down on me hard to get him out and teach him the ways of the clan. I forced him to come along with me and other than his nagging about wanting to go home the hunt was going well. I tracked a stag to a riverbank and lined up a shot when there was a large crack of magic. It frightened the stag off across the river and as I turned to scold Nakaharu, because I thought he had been fooling around, I saw some sort of portal open up behind him and magic whipped through it to pull him through. He cried and tried to reach out for me. I tried to grab him but before I could the portal snapped closed and he was gone. There was nothing I could do. We are gods in our realm and there was nothing I could do to save someone important to me. I rushed right home and did a bit of research. It seemed things like this were happening all over the underworld to demons, spirits and kami like us. I figured out that they were being pulled to the mortal realm and i was set on going. My father forbade it, I have an important position at home after all and if something happens to me and my brother then our name dies. But i just couldn't sit back and not do anything, so I sneaked out and made my way to the great door that separated the two worlds, the one that the spirits pass through when they leave the mortal world, and I pushed my way through. It hurt, like nothing I have ever felt before and I was truly afraid for the first time in my life. I didn't know if my powers would work. I didn't really know anything about mortals at all. The only thing i had ever been told about mortals were that they were dangerous and just wanted us for our power.

The door dumped me out in a more rural part of the city on the outskirts. I wandered around for a few days before the League of Heroes confronted me. Apparently mortals get upset when there is a dog demon walking around their neighborhood with a large bow on her back picking apples out of trees. They also don't seem to like it when you ask them forcefully where to find the Lord of the land because there is no such thing in the mortal world. The heroes that confronted me thought I was a villain of some sorts. It took a bit of explaining and a few intense moments (where I figured out that my powers actually do work in the mortal realm) until they trusted that I wasn't here to harm the mortals. Asclepia was the first to actually believe my story and give me a chance. She was .. well what I would call a White Mage but she called herself something else. She said she had seen the same thing that happened to my brother and that the League could help me get him back. So i went along with her and officially joined the League.

• Where did you come from?
The Demon realm.. or what you Mortals like to call the underworld. The place in between full of spirits, demons, ghosts and magic. It's beautiful there like you stepped into one of what you call oil paintings of this land before Mortals ruined it. And before you ask .. no you can not go there..

• Why did you come to Earth?

Someone in the mortal realm is meddling with the spirits of the Gods, and in this meddling Kami, higher ranked demons, have been going missing. Something has been yanking them from our realm to yours. My younger Brother Nakaharu was one of those that were ... 'kidnapped'. I came here to find who ever is meddling into things beyond their realm and find my brother

Nakaharu

• Why do you want to stay here?(for now at least)
Mortals are far more interesting than I thought they were. They amuse me most days with something or another, but I need to find my brother and i will not return till I bring him home with me

•Why do your people want you to come home?
I am the oldest daughter of an old family of Inugami or I suppose you could call us Dog Demons. One of the oldest in the underworld and as the older daughter of my clan I am next in line to become the leader. I left against the wishes of my father and clan, but finding my brother and stopping this meddling is very important to me.. more important than continuing my family name

• Why do you care about the team?
They are nice enough for mortals .. they have powers and will help me fulfill my goal here.

The league of Heroes are a nice enough group of mortals. I have no negative or positive opinion of them.. they are mortals with special powers.. so I suppose they are better than normal mortals and they told me if I didn't join then they would put me in this jail thing

Asclepia

She gave me a chance when the others wanted to lock me up for being what I was. She saw the good in me and did her best to get me into the league and assist me in finding my brother. I am grateful to her for not judging me like the other mortals did.

Free time consists of Training with my bow. I will shoot targets and take care of my bow and arrows and take the time to infuse the magic into the arrows so they are ready for any situation that I come on. Hunting and tracking training, where i follow tracks of small animals to their dens and kill game animals. This city doesn't seem to have many game animals and I was told that I am not allowed to kill the dogs and cats with bits of leather around their necks... what do you mean those aren't things you do in your free time? Oh I suppose I like to read the myths and legends of yokai and demons the mortals have.. they make me laugh.

quote:

Hero Name: White Dog Princess
Playbook: Outsider
Look: Woman, Animalistic Body, Your people's uniform
Abilities: Radical Shapeshifting, Yokai Weapon

Lables

FREAK +2
DANGER -1
SAVIOR 0
SUPERIOR +2
MUNDANE 0

Moves

Belong in Two Worlds:
You have the resources that come with your important station. Whenever time passes, if you’ve been in contact with your people, roll + Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1, but your people make an uncomfortable demand of you. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to:- Have some useful piece of alien technology: use any ability from another playbook once this session.- Consult your alien knowledge to ask the GM a question about the current situation.- Clear someone's Condition through advanced alien healing processes

The best of them:
When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they exemplify the best parts of Earth, roll + Freak instead of + Mundane

Not so different after all:
When you talk about your home, roll + Mundane. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7-9, choose 1. During the conversation, you:- Confess a flaw of your home; add 1 Team to the pool.- Mislead them about your home; take Influence over them.- Describe the glories of your home; clear a condition. On a miss, you inadvertently reveal more about yourself than you planned; tell them a secret or vulnerability.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you, and ask them who they’d like you to be. Mark potential if you show them that person. If they’re a teammate, add a Team to the pool no matter what.

Alien tech: When you alter a human device with your alien technology, roll + Freak. On a hit, you create a device that can do something impossible once and then fizzle. When you roll a 10+, choose 1:- It works exceptionally well.- You get an additional use out of it.On a miss, the device works, but it has a completely unintended side effect that the GM will reveal when you use it
Team moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they think you’re cool. If they say yes, give them Influence and take Influence over them. If they say no, mark a condition or spurn them immediately. If they’re a teammate, then either way, add a Team to the pool.

Moment of Truth

You embrace your home, and call them for aid. They will answer your call, in force, arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. You will lead them into battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Relationships

When our team first came together...We didn't trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

You've been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.

You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence

Choose your demeanor: haughty

If you're haughty, then you think you're better than them. Give no one influence.

animedragonfly fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 23, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Two things

1. Should've linked this post since it actually explains the setting.

2. Since all the PCs have one or two advances, all new apps can (and probably should) start with one for free, chosen from your playbook's list as per usual.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
Can I have an advance, then?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

bacon flaps posted:

Can I have an advance, then?

Only if you bow all the way to the waist when making requests of Senpai (sure, go ahead).

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Rauri posted:

Only if you bow all the way to the waist when making requests of Senpai (sure, go ahead).

I'm never not bowing fully to the waist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...I'm Fuuko Mogami. They call me Yami. It means Darkness. I control shadows. I'm an ex-villain.

...What? You need more than that? Ugh, fine...

quote:

When did you first use your powers?

When I was 5. It was at the orphanage. You know those quiet kids that get picked on? The ones that never really talk to anybody and prefer to stay in their own little corner, away from everybody else? That was me.

There was bully in particular who wouldn't leave me alone. His name was Tom. Tom would call me names, pull my hair, steal my books, trip me. The usual bully stuff.

I tried talking to the adults about it. Didn't work. It just made things worse. Now I was a "snitch" and that made him get more mean.

He and his friends locked me in a closet. Told me "this is what snitches deserve." Most kids in my situation would start crying. I didn't. I was seething.

I just sat there, letting the anger slowly bubble inside of me, just thinking of all the times Tom made my life hell, all the adults who ignored me, the way other kids would join in to laugh at me, and before I knew it, my shadow slowly started to engulf the room, until it was pitch black.

I'm not sure what happened next. From what I've heard, a shadow monster burst into the orphanage. They managed to contain it before it could do any serious damage, but then it just dissapeared, without a trace.

Nobody, including Tom, started bothering me since that day. They all left me alone, and there was always this look of fear in their eyes when they see me.

And you know what? I'm perfectly fine with that.

quote:

Who was the first person you accidentally hurt with your powers?

This one I remember. Vividly.

Ms. Finch was... a good person. She's the only adult who made an effort to help me. She kept telling me that there was something special about me, and how I should open my heart to other people.

I never believed any of that back then, but it... it was nice to feel like someone actually cared for me.

It was after the incident. Everyone stopped talking to me... except for her. She still tried. She never gave up. But me? I was still feeling it. That anger never left me, and I... lashed out. I hurt her.

I ran. I ran as far as my legs could take me. The anger faded away, and all it left me with was regret and sadness.

That's when I met Saika Goto. The Red Oni.

quote:

Who, outside the team, helps you control your powers?

Saika Goto is the leader of a gang called The Blood Ravens, and my ex-boss.

I bumped into her while I was still running away. My powers were going wild at the time, and my shadow started attacking her. She put up some kind of... fire shield... thing and blocked it all. After I was done with my tantrum, she took a puff of her cigar, crouched down to look me in the eyes, and said, "I think I might have a use for someone like you."

She took me in. Fed me, gave me a place to sleep, gave me books to read, and started to train me so I could have better control of my powers. She was the one who called me Yami.

When I got older, she made me her second. I was to follow her around and take care of anyone that might cause trouble, and I did. No questions asked.

I just want to point out that I never actually killed anybody. I hurt a lot of people. Put them in the hospital, but I could never really bring myself to end it.

quote:

What made you decide to join the League of Heroes? Do you have a positive or negative opinion of them?

...I was bored of being a villain? Heh...

Nah. Remember Ms. Finch? Turns out she's a hero. Ana Finch, also known as Blue Bird.

They came in. Her and a bunch of other heroes. It was during one of our operations with the bos- with Goto involved. She and I fought. She kept me busy while the other heroes went after Goto.

She knew who I was right away. She tried to talk to me. I didn't listen. I just attacked her. She spent the whole time dodging all my attacks, never making one of her own. She kept trying, and I kept trying to ignore her.

The anger started to well up inside of me again, and I felt myself about to lose control again. That's when she ran up to me, and instead of trying to stop me, she just... hugged me. Told me she forgave me. And I cried.

...Ugh. I should've stuck with the "bored" excuse. At least that's not embarrassingly sappy.

She talked to the other heroes for me. I don't know how she did it, but she convinced them that I was just led astray and there's still a chance for me and blah blah blah. You get the idea.

Long story short, she convinced me to join. Told me it would be good for me, so I did. I'm doing this more for her than for me. I don't think anything will change, but it's worth a try... I guess.

My opinion of them? Don't really care either way.

quote:

What significant Hero or Villain have you had a run-in with? Why are they likely to remember you?

...Do I have to talk about him? Can't I just skip this question?

No? I have to answer? Uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh.

His name is Rider something or other.I fought him while I was still working for the Blood Ravens. I was out in the field for a mission, and he showed up and he just would not shut up. Justice this justice that I'll pay for my evil deeds oh my god get over yourself already.

He pushed me further than any other hero did. He talks, a lot, but he sure can put up a fight. I had to stop myself before I lost control again, letting him win the fight. I managed to make my escape, but god, he is the most annoying person I've ever had the displeasure of meeting.

What would he remember? I dunno. What did he call me? "Black-hearted wench" I think? Yea, probably that.

quote:

Why do you continue to use your powers?

...Because... it's a part of me? Why wouldn't I use it? If I ignore it, it's like I'm denying myself who I am. Do you stop using your arms when they become an inconvenience to you?

quote:

I wouldn't say "care" as much as... tolerate? They're okay, I guess. They don't bother me that much, and they let me be myself, so I guess I don't mind being around them. Much.

...Okay, I guess it might, sorta, maybe feel kinda good to be a part of a group, too...

quote:

What do you like to do in your free time, and where do you like to hang out?

...There's this pet store called Paws for Appaws (heh)... It's got all these cute animals, and they're all so... fluffly... and warm... and just so... so CUTE!

...If you tell anybody else this I swear I will find you and I WILL MAKE SURE YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING BUT NIGHTMARES FOR THE REST OF YOUR SHORT LIVED LIFE

quote:

When this series transitions from being a manga to having its own anime adaptation, what theme music would you have? What would your voice sound like?

Theme: https://youtu.be/l6MfnbeilTY

Voice would probably have a low, deep, raspy tone to it.

quote:

Hero Name: Yami.
Private Name: Fuuko Mogami
Mask: Nova
Looks: Woman, asian, pale skin, dark clothing/costume.
Abilities: ElementalShadow Control

Freak: +3
Danger: +1
Savior: +0
Superior: +0
Mundane: -1

Burn
When you charge up your powers, roll + conditions you currently have marked. On a hit, hold 3 burn. On a 7-9, mark a condition. On a miss, hold 2 burn and mark three conditions. Spend your burn on your flares. You lose all burn at the end of the scene.

Flares
❑ Reality storm: You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling +Freak instead of + Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you
spend another burn.

❑ Move: Spend 1 burn to move to any place you choose within the scene, breaking through or slipping past any barriers or restraints in your way. Spend a second burn to move to any place you’ve previously been.

❑ Overcharge: You channel the full capacity of your incredible powers to overcome an obstacle, reshape your environment, or extend your senses. Spend 2 burn to take a 10+ when you unleash your powers.

❑ Moat: Spend 1 burn to create a barrier that will hold back threats as long as you keep your attention on it. The GM may call for you to spend another burn if the barrier is threatened by particularly powerful enemies.

Advancement
❑❑ Wish I could be: When you comfort or support someone, if you tell them what you most envy about them, you can roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

We destroyed our surroundings in the fight. Where was it? What did we destroy?

Relationships

You hang out all the time with __________________ to blow off steam.

You once hurt ________________ when you lost control of your powers.

Influence

Choose your demeanor: happy facade or locked down.
If you choose happy facade, give Influence to three teammates.
If you choose locked down, give Influence to one teammate

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 2, 2016

• Locked thread