Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
luring you into its tale of Vikings, paganism, and high-fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rune's Scape

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

someone's butthurt

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

luring you into its tale of Vikings, paganism, and high-fantasy.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
If you're a fan of the Oscar winning film Braveheart, you're sure to like Rune.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rune was good apart from the way the campaign inexplicably drops you into featureless brown caves for 40% of its running time

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Iirc this and timesplitters were my launch titles. Got dang dem lizards taste good.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I repurchased it on steam and the multiplayer is literally everyone doing the jumping spinning attack until someone wins.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

rune was good apart from the way the campaign inexplicably drops you into featureless brown caves for 40% of its running time

It was a turd.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Yes, it is linear and involves lots of jumping, hit the switch, find the key sort of stuff. However, the levels are interesting because in many of these puzzles, the goals aren't obvious. The switch might be a torch you have to pick up - one such puzzle kept me stuck for an hour.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ragg posted:

Yes, it is linear and involves lots of jumping, hit the switch, find the key sort of stuff. However, the levels are interesting because in many of these puzzles, the goals aren't obvious. The switch might be a torch you have to pick up - one such puzzle kept me stuck for an hour.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ragg posted:

Lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Sharky Games: Would you consider [Rune] as a thinking person's action adventure?

Timothy Gerritsen: Time will have to tell as to how the game is received.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Poon

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

If you're a fan of the Oscar winning film Braveheart, you're sure to like Rune.

Oh hells yes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Lokl

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ragg posted:

Sharky Games: Would you consider [Rune] as a thinking person's action adventure?

Timothy Gerritsen: Time will have to tell as to how the game is received.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Dec 26, 2012

Ragg posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

It scares me that the Germans have no word for gameplay. Maybe whoever the new Fuhrer is could take one of their ten thousand derogatory terms for Jew and make it mean gameplay.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
play severance blade of darkness if this is up your alley op its limb splitting action is about the only other game that's similar

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

It scares me that the Germans have no word for gameplay. Maybe whoever the new Fuhrer is could take one of their ten thousand derogatory terms for Jew and make it mean gameplay.

Gameplay, Content, Products & Brands

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Loot

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shaquin posted:

play severance blade of darkness if this is up your alley op its limb splitting action is about the only other game that's similar

I'm not going to defend Rune really but yeah Severance loving owns.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol at the post Plutonis made to get a month probation

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol at the post Plutonis made to get a month probation

lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The concept of a Brazilian cream cheese calzone eater obsessed with traditional RPGs makes me loving laugh

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My favela is divided into a fail and win rape side.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

The concept of a Brazilian cream cheese calzone eater obsessed with traditional RPGs makes me loving laugh

I played a tabletop RPG the other night, or as they say in Brazil, I pen and papered

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Monsterhearts does not contain rape. Giving people boners does not constitute rape, and the move turn someone on only does that. I really wish people would stop saying that that is the case.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Monsterhearts does not contain rape. Giving people boners does not constitute rape, and the move turn someone on only does that. I really wish people would stop saying that that is the case.

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

haha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Prune

• Locked thread