Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Definitely like the way the Eldar look. I do hope they don't abandon all of 2 though, since I really like DoW2 and its expansions. The way they played, especially in the campaigns, was really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Man Whore posted:

only 3 factions. yaaaay

Sega no doubt making it so that any other factions are DLC

What in the...

Dawn of War 1 only had four factions initially. Two also started with four factions initially. Three is only one fewer. Not having chaos there is a bummer though. Kind of like with Total Warhammer not having chaos unless you buy it new/preorder.

And, though I can't speak for others, one reason why I liked DoW2 more was less emphasis placed on base building. Sounds weird to say it, since I really liked RTSes and still like dipping into ones I used to play, but I'm not a huge fan of traditional RTS base building. Edit: Small troop counts were sometimes unfun, but in large versus matches I found it interesting enough to keep my attention at least.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Eh, I still think it looks better than those initial screens let on. That said, I still probably would've preferred a refinement of DoW2's gameplay. Maybe boost the scope a bit or something, but I thought multiplayer battles could get plenty big. And hey, if this game is successful enough maybe they'll finally release a Space Marine 2!

• Locked thread