Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

only 3 factions. yaaaay

Sega no doubt making it so that any other factions are DLC

Lassitude posted:

Trying to make the game more like DoW1 when DoW2 was better in every possible way is insane.

What in the...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

They are probably going to take the CoH II direction with bases in that you have them but they are pre-arranged.

KingEup posted:

I agree with this but there is absolutely no indication that they're making it more like DoW1.

I am absolutely baffled that people keep saying this. DoW II wasn't bad but I really had to struggle through it because only having 5 different dudes to control was really boring

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Those screenshots look alpha as gently caress

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

madmac posted:

Relic's last RTS game was apparently not stellar.
CoH II was weird in that the gameplay was fine, but the devil was in the details. Whether that be the bordering on Goebbels writing of the singleplayer game(if the game even made any allusion that the nazis were doing things even more hosed up than you it would be fine, but they are just kind of faceless invaders with no characterization) to the unstoppable german armor balance of the multiplayer and all the best abilities being DLC that sinks what would otherwise be a well put together game.

KingEup posted:

Why Relic why.
I guess less dark would also mean "completely lacking in shadows and visual depth"

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I just want to drown the enemy in flashlight shots, is that too much to ask?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Get a load of this fukkin xeno lover here

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Perestroika posted:

Xenos are in fact cool and good, while Space Marines have become bland and boring. :colbert:

I will crush all your Spirit stones under the treads of a million Leman Russ Battle Tanks.

IF THEY WERE IN THIS GAME

Bleusilences posted:

It doesnt excuse it but wasn't THQ's idea in the first place to make COH2 a dlc paradise and they just followed this design through the lifespan of the game?

Judging by the DLC plans of the recent Total war games I think Sega plays a pretty big part.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Eldar fall in a very different hole than space marines.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Davincie posted:

what looks like a little child's toys

Its a warhammer game isn't it?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Megasabin posted:

"Relic RTS games tend to have complex terrain with lots of medium and strong cover zones. The system has been simplified in Dawn of War 3 to allow for clearer counter-play. Cover in the demo I saw consisted of circular barricade structures that units can capture. Units in cover are resistant to ranged fire, but can be quickly eliminated by close-combat squads. The change makes Dawn of War 3's big, chaotic battlefields easier to parse, and gives melee units an important role as siege-breakers. "
Oh barf, I hope this is just the article writer reading too much into the ultra-alpha he saw.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Dow II was a fuckin snore fest and retribution was its one saving grace by allowing you to control an actual sizable amount of units.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Blacktoll posted:

Tbh I like anything that let's me have some customization to my units.

First post of yours in this thread I agree with. I used the army painter in retribution that made my space marines look like lethal cans of diet coke and I was really bummed I couldn't use it in the single player because all the MP but last stand was dead by the time I got it.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Archer666 posted:

I liked Dawn of War 2 and CoH2 because Relic's sound design is phenomenal. Every explosion just sounds so good and its so fun when you got people screaming thrown in through it. :twisted:

CoH2's sound design was p lackluster compared to its predecessors though, at least when it came to unit barks and idle lines which were great in all the other games.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

8 units isn't really an army.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Cryoned posted:

1- People who played hundreds of hours to CoH 1/2 and DoW 1/2 praising CoH 1/2 and DoW 2

2- People who played 2 skirmish vs AI and just wanted to crush the machine in a retarded single player campaign wanting base building back.

I played hundreds of hours of CoH 1/2 and DoW 1/2 and I want a single player campaign thats not garbage so where do I fit in? Also CoH has base building and its probably the high water mark of Relic RTS games so I really don't understand people acting all sperg about base building being back

Donnerberg posted:

You aren't wrong, but you can look at it another way too. People usually play with control groups in traditional RTS games once they've grown their army. DoW removed the middle step and forced control groups.
oh yeah, I will defend relic's squad system to the death, I just want to have a sizable group of duders.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 5, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I am going to suggest the worst possibility and say that the secret threat is Chaos, and the mountain of corpses in the trailer and the mound of skulls in the promotional art represents the skull throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I only watched like 2 minutes of it for fear it would get real awful but C.A.T. Unit was good and I will treasure that memory always.

• Locked thread