Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I played mario maker a total of one hours and I've had it for months. I always aimlessly look at the list of courses and play one and have a good laugh then move onto something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Standing outside target in line in the blistering cold since 4 am and 45 min to go. I'm frozed

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I was too impatient to wait for my switch botw copy from Amazon that I got myself a second copy the same morning I waited in line for a switch

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

my stance with nintendo is: give me strategy rpgs or go to hell. where's my loving advance wars

They're busy with fire emblem and those are good!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

sorry, I should have said specifically on the Switch, or go to hell. the 3ds hurts my palms

Oh I want this too

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

rediscover posted:

Idk what you mean exactly but that post wasn't supposed to read as a stone cold take down or whatever.. Just banter

One thing I learned from imp zone is everyone's busting each other's chops in good fun. Everyone gets too sensitive in games though.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Shock Troopers 1

This one! Also breakers revenge if u want a fighting game that doesn't get enough attention

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I'm too lazy to dump all of my SNES catridges and install an emulator on my rasberri pi so I'm just paying ninty to do it for me :)

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I have to wait until October 9 to get mine from my Walmart preorder ffffffffff

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Stardew valley seems like a perfect game for the switch. I am definitely getting this and am gonna farm on the go

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Haha the boss' face when his fist is flying toward him. This games gonna own

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Maybe if you're lucky you'll get one gear... which you can use as currency to get ancient arrows later on!

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

bump_fn posted:

you are supposed to use the master sword on the guardians

This and also to break mineral deposits

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Just gimme knack on the switch baby

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Ahh i can finally play stardew valley to my heart's content without worry of my save file going down the drain with my switch if something ever were to happen to it. Thank you Nintendo

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Bell_ posted:

The weather in BotW is pretty intuitive. It knows that it must rain every time I want to climb something.

Yeah this has gotta be the case. It's always when I'm halfway to the top of whatever I'm climbing. :argh:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

housewarming party with Mario, Peach, Cappy, haha even that scoundrel Bowser’s invited too

Lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

who buying xeno 2 on Friday

I am on the fence. Xenoblade 1 was good. If it's more of that without any of Xenoblade X's nonsense I'll probably get it on the weekend

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just found out xenoblade chronicles 2's music is composed by the same guy who did chrono trigger. I'm looking forward to this now

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Plutonis are you really in Brazil or is that a joke on your blanka avatar lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

elf help book posted:

lower bob in a cage down into the mines ahead of you

I guess I should also wait for his approval because I'm on the fence again. I'm currently looking for a Dreamcast copy of skies of Arcadia since I've never played it. So it's between those two choices

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

the dc version of skies of arcadia has the most intolerable enounter rate of any jrpg of all time like every 2 steps fugg you sega. in the gc the toned it down to every 4 steps

I forgot it was released on GameCube. I'll be checking it out. Higher resolution and framerate ftw

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Liquid Drink posted:

When the dreamcast and PSX starting loading and making a lot of noise and you knew a random battle was coming

Especially the Dreamcast lol. Also that sound of the internal battery-dead vmu when Dreamcast boots up. Dreamcast was just loud as poo poo for everything

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Well, I'll be getting this theme asap. I did not know it existed and it owns thank you.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Wow the lobby theme from phantasy star online plays in the background while using the Dreamcast theme on the 3ds

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

extremebuff posted:

"It's been 20 hours and he hasn't signaled" said the scientist, from the control tower overlooking the mines. "We have no choice. We're pulling him out. Today we find out if monolith soft can make a good game."

The lead scientist, played by Kevin Spacey, chortles. "We already know they can make a good game." He wears a smug grin from ear to ear. "The rabble inflate X's flaws, it was a fine title." [the other scientists exchange looks and quickly make themselves busy]

Suddenly, alarms start blaring. A panicked miner nearly bashes the office door down. "SIR! He's gone!! He's not in the cage! All we found was this note!" He hands Spacey a crumpled, bloodied slip of paper, which he carefully pinches out of the miner's hands while eyeing him hungrily. "Oh.... oh my God."

So wait for it to go on sale then?

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

The arts stuff looks cool though. Where you're combining affinities in certain orders to do specials and they have like paper mario style qte prompts for bigger numbers

I like it when they add in special prompts to do in jrpg combat instead of just the usual turn based action. It makes random battles less tedious

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

goferchan posted:

even just like in Persona 5 where you're pressing face buttons to attack, cast spells, etc instead of selecting options from a menu it makes combat feel sooooo much better

Oh yeah I loved that. Especially when you shoot individual bullets with each button press.. I really need to beat that game

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I had to turn the battle voices down because it was getting on my nerves. I'm surprised it's just as annoying as the first xenoblade chronicles. I'm enjoying the first few hours of the game otherwise

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

mabels big day posted:

I'm not far enough to fairly judge the battles because i dont have a full party but i don't like Rex or the other characters as much as Shulk & friends in Xenoblade 1, but maybe they'll grow on me

Reyn was pretty great. I'm hoping to meet a side character that can fill his shoes

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Also the buttons from 1 were tough to get used to if you weren't using a classic controller. But a few hours in and I was digging it. There's a lot to do in any given fight if you want to optimize your damage. Xenoblade 2 feels the same way but I'm only about three hours in so we'll see

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

it seems like a huge dose of AIDS in the videos people posted in here. i personally think everyone in this thread whos actually playing it and liking it has lost their minds. theyve gone nuts

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Get off your high horse

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

rediscover posted:

Go offline

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

You're going to spend 459 pesos on a single player mmo and go hungry for a month

Lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Y'all have lost your marbles. This looks like garbage.
Anyway, laters
kickflips out the thread

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

turns out you need to have done all divine beasts before you can get to it, and my master mode file is only 2 down :(

I've the same problem :( I guess I will get that done this weekend.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

mycophobia posted:

The Sega Dreamcase rwas grreat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I still blow people's minds when I show them that you can plug two Dreamcast VMUs into each other to copy saves. These are people who own a Dreamcast. What a cool system.

For some reason I think the graphics on it were better than the PS2, even though that's technically impossible.

WHAT?! I completely forgot about this or just didnt know. I think I've been using it the old fashioned way by using the Dreamcast and hooking up two vmu's like a scrub