Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

New light side droid character: Rancor Door Switch. Its sole attack is to drop a giant door on the enemy team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Twigand Berries posted:

Let's petition EA to make my favorite Star Wars character and change the raid to just fighting the door.

The final phase of the raid should be beating on this guy while he cries over his dead buddy

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

xyigx posted:

Welp hosed on that event. They also mentioned rebalancing characters based on feedback. I assume they will add more antijedi abilitys, nerf gqj and remove the heal over time from lumis heal. Then buff Sid's dodge and dorkuus damage. Oh almost forgot nerf assaij.

More generally, debuffs will now carry over between GW battles

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Has anyone else noticed weird fluctuations in how much of your battery this game drains? For the longest time I could complete everything in the daily activities queue--including GW--and still have about 40-60% of my battery leftover. After one of the recent patches, the game seemed to start drawing way more power, to the point where going through the daily activities leaves my phone almost drained. It also caused my phone to heat up substantially, almost to the point where it's too hot to hold comfortably. The patch that toned down GW seemed to coincide with a drop in power draw, and the most recent one that hosed up GW again brought back the power draw/heat issue. This game is the only power-intensive thing I do with my phone, so I'm struggling to find other possible culprits.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Someone said it earlier, but it really is starting to feel like we've bumbled into some Disney marketing experiment to see just how much poo poo people who like Star Wars will swallow before they quit playing and/or shelling out money.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Reminder: the last time the devs said "We heard you" they changed GW for the better, then decided they'd rather keep their incompetence streak going and changed it for the worse

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

So not only are they removing mods from raids, they're downgrading the ones you already have. Any six or seven pip mods you got from raid rewards are now five, and also gently caress you.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Wintermutant posted:

Speaking of their excellent QA, did they break QGJ's 3rd skill? Several times today I've used it, dispelled a buff from the enemy, and not gotten the team buff from it.

This happens all the god drat time. It only seems to work reliably against taunt, advantage, and retribution. Given how long it took/is taking them to address other ability bugs, expect this to be fixed sometime between half a year from now and the heat death of the universe.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Stunt Rock posted:

Maybe I'm playing it wrong but this game doesn't seem to have the most generous F2P options. It's also possible I'm spoiled from Future Fight, but it seems like farming up characters takes forever and I really hit a wall in the late 30s.

Plus none of the random deals that have popped up have really tempted me, and I'm hesitant to put money into a game when I haven't decided completely if it's a garbage toilet game or a good toilet game.

Thirding the strong discouragement on spending money on this game. I wouldn't spend money on it regardless because I'm a cheap bastard, but I can't recall the last time I saw a dev team that tried so hard not to earn your dollar. The patch notes for this game must be read with the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme on loop in the background, because every new change introduces five new fuckups and occasionally reintroduces an old fuckup that they'd fixed in a previous patch. The only reason people still play this--and this includes me, dumb idiot that I am--is because it's Star Wars.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

quote:

Why aren’t you guys addressing Galactic War? There is a giant thread with over 3k replies!

gently caress you.

When are you going to fix Teebo?

Piss off, games is hard.

Are any additional changes going to be made to Mods?

gently caress you.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

You don't actually have to attack anyone to get on the scoreboard. I went in with my level 28 Dathcha, who didn't get to attack and died in one hit (obviously). Took 2nd place :smug:

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

cowofwar posted:

Do we need to sit in mumble and teamspeak as well? I like just having the 12hr window to get on the board and then let loose. It's a phone game, I don't have the time or interest to serious raid like WoW.

-500 DKP for bad attitude

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Popete posted:

For my scoundrel squad I have Boba/Lando/STH/IG-88/Dengar. Should I swap someone out for Gamorian Guard? I just unlocked him and I'm considering spending the time getting him ranked up to replace possibly STH. Is this a dumb idea?

No, as it stands he hits like a wet noodle even when maxed out.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Avail posted:

Laughed at myself for missing two raids on guild chat and get poo poo on by an officer with 16 lifetime contributions.

Keeping it classy over here in Ima Goondi.

God drat you for not letting us finish the raid in three hours and fifty minutes instead of four hours.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 25, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

WerrWaaa posted:

Farming question: I'm working up Old Ben. Would it be better for me to farm the 8 energy node or the 12 energy node? The 8 node should give me more shards / energy, but the 12 node will give me more credit (regular and cantina) / energy. Which is more important?

You want more opportunities to get shards, so go with the 8 energy node. The drop rate doesn't seem to increase along with the energy cost.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

I'm leaning towards alternating between 9am and 9pm pst for start times, with a 12 hour no damage time in between. Thoughts?

These sound pretty decent to me!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

iGestalt posted:

Han has such good use as a Rebel and a Smuggler, that I'd say we should get him finished - I wonder if R2 is Droid and Rebel? And probably overpowered?

Given how every new character seems to be more overpowered than the last, I bet R2D2 is going to have some mass debuff that causes all attacks against those afflicted to be critical hits and lasts 3 turns.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

So we'll make this PvP tournament, right, and we'll have them fight through, I dunno, let's say twelve rounds of battles against other people's arena teams, and fights will naturally get increasingly difficult as you go on, okay? It'll be like one long campaign. War on a galactic scale, if you will.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Vulpes posted:

It'll basically just be arena except bigger prizes weekly instead of smaller ones daily. I can't really think what they could do to make it more dynamic but still be 'pvp'. Unless each tournament has a gimmick or a restricted character set. Ultimate Jawa fighting!

I was mostly just joking that we essentially already have two PvP modes, but I like the idea of a character-restricted arena. In keeping with past events, it'll probably be for a bunch of character sets that I don't have (still chasing rebels and smugglers)

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

trapt posted:

Palp, B2, Wedge and now Tie Pilot and Shoretrooper...

It really feels like the past few characters are way better than 80-90% of the current roster.

Aside from the characters being flat out better, I think they reflect a change in how the company monetizes the game: characters, stars, ability materials, and even droids and money are now easy to come by, but gear gear is where they're really trying to put the screws to you to shell out money. Wedge's gear requirements are notoriously steep, and TIE fighter pilot/shoretrooper don't look like they're going to buck that trend (seriously, shoretrooper needs 400 carabanti sensor arrays; TFP's 150 syringes and 100 stun cuffs seem cheap by comparison).

Tied up in this is their insistence on adjusting the game's balance by introducing new characters rather than making incremental tweaks to old ones. AoE teams are too effective? Well we're not going to adjust their stats so they're not god tier, but hey, here's this guy that negates all of their advantages. He's now essential, so have fun chasing his gear requirements for six weeks until we toss in another character to counteract how overpowered this guy is or is overpowered in his own unique way and you're forced to start this whole process over again.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

oops wrong forum posted:

I agree on the gear reqs, but again, the new chars > old chars is something that is in 100% of these games. If they ONLY fix old characters and don't give you heavy reason to invest (buy) the new characters, the game dies since whales already had everyone maxed anyway. And to be fair, they DO rework old guys: JKA's overhaul made him not only top-tier, but helped against the dodge-heavy meta that was out there at the time.

Yeah, they do rework old characters, but it always seems to be in service of making them the new OP guy. JKA is actually an example of what I was getting at. Instead of gradually toning down dodge rates, they threw in someone who crapped all over the previous regime and introduced a new one. Now, instead of gradually toning down AoE characters so they're in line with the rest of the roster, they're lurching to some new (Empire centric?) meta. I get the impression they think the meta shift that brings balance to the game is always right around the corner, if only they could introduce a character who is just overpowered enough.

I don't agree that new characters have to be head and shoulders above the old ones to keep whales whaling. Introducing new game modes that require particular rosters to get people to branch out can have a similar effect without frustrating the player base (to their credit, they're doing this already). Also it's Star Wars, people are going to want to collect all the characters as long as they're not absolute dogshit.

My gripes about shoretrooper's gear requirements may ultimately be irrelevant. He's supposed to be the new PvP tourney reward character, all but ensuring I will never get him.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Someone asked in game chat but it might be worth reposting here: are we (IGD) kicking off a raid soon? We have enough rancorbux for it.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

two_step posted:

Our next one should be kicked off tonight, at 9 PM Pacific. We decided to blame Mal for not being there to kick it off, as we blame him for all things now.

That loving guy...

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Luckily we don't have to worry about this because it's not accurate and the raid is still calculating damage like normal. This was all just a cautionary tale about listening to some dumbdick on reddit.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hughlander posted:

That's really negative for not even seeing the end of the first event. For all you know you get 5 shards just for doing a single fight.

Which game are you playing?

E: here is a breakdown of how it works. In a turn of events that should surprise no one, it heavily favors people who shell out money for the game.

FeculentWizardTits fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 3, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

STH and Lando will change your life

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Dr. Venture posted:

So, Ahsoka Tano good now? It's nice she got a buff, but is that really enough to make her viable? It didn't seem like much.

My impression is that her last round of buffs allowed her to put out pretty decent damage, but in terms of utility she still doesn't hold a candle to JKA or QGJ. You won't be replacing anyone in your arena team with her, though I can see her being useful in an all-Jedi GW B or C team, and if I had to guess I'd say her healing will also be useful for all-Jedi teams in the new raid.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I find it very hard to believe that a company like Capital Games would release a major content update with such a glaring error. I mean really, come on guys, their community rep said they delayed this new raid so it would be extra perfect.

lol

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

two_step posted:

new ship info from the official forums:

Because Wiggs wasn't powerful enough...

This is just vague enough to be irritating. Do star ratings matter for pilots? Do gear levels? Can dark side pilots only fly with Tarkin and light side pilots with Ackbar? Can Jedi only fly with Mace Windu?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I've been saving crystals to buy stun cuffs. It may not be the most efficient, but it preserves my sanity and also saves everyone else the trouble of having to read my complaining in guild chat.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Is TIE Pilot worth it if you don't have EP?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I'm sitting on nearly 50K GWbux, so I'll be able to buy a bunch of ships and then have no one to pilot them with.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Droids + Nebit and Jawa Engineer are also really good for GW. I can clear the whole thing with them about 75 percent of the time, and for the remaining 25 percent I end up having to use another team to finish off the final node. Takes 20 minutes at most. Much preferable to the 40 minutes it'd take using my Ewok team.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I wonder if I should stop spending arena tokens on Tarkin since it sounds like we're going to get character shards.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

soon-to-be Darth Vader and...

Anyone else think they missed hard on having Darth Vader be the fleet commander in the Executor?

Executor shards will be the reward for the heroic death star raid. Imagine the AAT raid but with quadruple the health.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Mr. Neutron posted:

Honestly, between the animations taking ages and this tourney my excitement for ships has pretty much hit rock bottom. I´ve started buying gear/characters in the fleet shipments instead of ships.

Ships are really underwhelming so far. Battles take way too long, cash seems to come in a trickle, and the factions are all over the place in terms of how well-rounded they are (seriously, there's three separatist guys but only one Empire pilot?). The best thing about the update is that it introduced new ways to get Wedge, Sun Fac, and Vader shards.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

iGestalt posted:

99/100 Han Solo shards. I knew I shouldn't have overslept today!

It's okay, soon you will know the mediocrity of 7* Han Solo.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Malgrin posted:

These people have some serious poor impulse control and/or lack of judgement. Or both.

Do tell

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Zone of Danger posted:

It's definitely tough to be motivated for a raid that takes a week and a half and rewards maybe 8/50 of one piece of gear for one person.

Pretty much this. The more I play the raid, the less I want to play the game. In the interest of continuing to play the game, I mostly stick to participating in phase 2, which sucks the least and is where I can do the most damage with the limited teams I have. I'm waiting to see what their plans for rebalancing the raid turn out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jerkface posted:

Yet another squad tournament :negative:

This time you get Jyn Erso and she looks loving broken

This has been their MO for a while now. If everyone is broken, then no one is except all the characters who aren't. That said, the new droid they're adding doesn't appear all that spectacular, but that might change once his assist buddy gets added.