Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
http://swgoh.gg/u/halverine/

I wish I had learned how to play this game before I sank weeks into concentrating on the wrong things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I wish I had jumped on here to get advice from you guys before spending money on the game. 45 chars, no 6 or 7 stars and I'm really getting smashed in arena at the moment.

But at least I know the way forward, just have to be patient and realize I can't play this game all day every day.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Bought a Chromium Mega Pack a week ago during May the 4th, the game crashed on my iPhone, I logged back in and didn't notice any new characters or shards but my crystals were gone.

Logged a case, didn't hear anything. Checked today and they just closed it without contacting me.

Spoke to a rep in EA via their chat, he told me the team couldn't find any unclaimed items. I asked for information on what shards and characters I received and also an explanation as to why my case was closed without anyone contacting me. He didn't tell me poo poo and ended the chat when I asked again.

Yes, I'm stupid for buying a pack. I'm also stupid for expecting to be contacted before they closed the ticket. And I'm triple stupid for expecting any level of satisfactory or professional customer service from EA.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Holy poo poo after more than two hours on chat with EA Customer Support where I ask for evidence that I got what I paid for or a refund of the crystals and they say their team investigated and found my claim "false" I'm ready to explode.

EA obviously have no interest in pulling themselves out of their hole of being voted one of the worst companies in the world for customer service.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

MarcusSA posted:

If you are on iOS you can ask for a refund with the IAP. I had it happen once and I was able to get the IAP refunded.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

MarcusSA posted:

I think that when you get the emailed receipt from Apple it has a link to get a refund in it. I'm not 100% sure on that but I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

Yeah I spoke with Apple and gave them the transaction code for the purchase of crystals and they refunded me the money in about 5 seconds.

I think the Indian company that EA has outsourced it's cs to has a policy of never admit fault and never compensate the customer for loss.

Edit: crappy spelling on phone.

Halverine fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 10, 2016

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Apologies if anyone goes up against my A team in GW, the last node has me up against someone else's A team that is crushing my B and C team :(

Is it just me or are less people bothering with GW Etiquette these days?

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I dropped some cash and now have a 7* B2.

He is niche but powerful against evade and other buff teams. His turn metre gain is glorious when it goes off and helps make even the best evaders sitting ducks. You really have to prioritise levelling his abilities.

Pretty sturdy, seems to have decent amount of health but does no damage.

I mainly got him due to struggling the last few times to clear GW. He loving destroys Lumi lead teams which there are plenty of.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Slightly Toasted posted:

How much did you spend on him?

Maybe AU$200 in iTunes cards? But I paid around $160 because Officeworks sells the cards 20% all the time.

I got a bunch of RG, Sun Fac and IG-86 shards, I've been working on them so it was worth it. Got 40 Wedge shards too but... meh.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

two_step posted:

Supposedly about 1/10

Sounds pretty close to the rate I experienced. 3 drops of the full character in about 30 packs.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
NateDogg (in game) from GGA, putting my hand up for cycling in if the opportunity comes up as I am pretty drat try-hard.

https://swgoh.gg/u/halverine/

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Ehh, I should be patient and hold on. In GGA we were alternating between T4 and T5 but now we seem to be only doing T5. I guess in a few weeks we might be having a stab at T6.

The reason I sometimes get antsy about moving up tiers is I used to get rank 1 or 2 in arena on my shard but now 6 or 7 is the best I can do due to all the raid gear others have. And don't even ask how long I have to spend on GW each day...

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I'm so close to quitting. This mod poo poo is confusing and broken as hell.

I feel like every time I get close to a goal, they pull the football away. I was almost level 80 too. Then they broke GW and made me want to shoot myself in the face. Then they broke the whole game so that I can't even clear the third last tier in GW because every loving character on that team has every mod slot filled with level 15 mods.

I'm going to take a few days off at the very least to evaluate how much the last couple of months has hosed up my life and whether it's even worth continuing even if they fix mods.

If this game was based on any other IP...

edit: I know, I'm a dumbass whale with an addictive personality and way too much spare cash to spend on entertainment. But if I'm not even getting the entertainment what the gently caress good does it do

Halverine fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 14, 2016

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I'm all for bridging the gap somewhat but holy poo poo, the amount of frustration I have experienced in this game lately and they go ahead and let people basically double any stat(s) in the game?

Mods are a good idea if implemented well but for me this was the straw that broke the camels back and demonstrated to me beyond any shadow of a doubt that this company deserves no more of my money or free time. They fundamental are unable to deliver a stable and fun product and it seems they are not learning from their mistakes.

Anyway, peace out, I'm quitting to devote my time and energy to more worthy developers. This has been building up for the last couple of weeks so it's not just about mods, this game just isn't fun for me anymore. I'm fine with people thinking this is just sour grapes from a whale who spent around a grand on this game and now the unwashed masses get to have a team that is as good if not better than mine. It doesn't matter if the brick wall I faced in GW this morning named chendley is a ftp person or the biggest whale on the planet. I'm at the end of my personal Galaxy of Heroes journey, I'm cutting my losses and moving on.

GGA you all rock. Put in as many requests for gear as you can over the next few hours and I will give away as much of my gear as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Malgrin posted:

Hey, I'm close to quitting too, so I understand. However, they did fix a lot this patch, and I do think we will see a significant toning down of this game. That said, it does sound like at the very least you need a break, and that quitting would probably be good for your sanity. Try to stay away from lovely mobile games. I hear FFEXVIUS is a better game, but much like this one. I spent about 5 minutes on it, then decided that I don't want another new addiction. I also like Future Fight, it's more diablo style combat and they have more content and their devs don't gently caress up quite as often. I had to choose between this and that game...too much of a time sink.

Yeah, thanks for understanding. I agree there was plenty of nice quality of life changes.

I play heaps of games at home but on mobile it's been Hearthstone exclusively for years. I do love that game but GoH is mother loving Star Wars. Without that IP, I would never have touched the game.

I wish you guys the best, those who are still having fun and aren't frustrated in the least and those who are but are patient and have faith. I just wish I could give my B2 to someone! I would love to see him go to a good home!