Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
That sounds reasonable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Eastern Time?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
a 6 hour break from 9 PM- 3 AM is mostly useless, and probably detrimental to West Coasters. I'd say make it 8 or 9 hours long.

or give people a 12 hour window and just skip the night break.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

People can also make picks during the clock stop, it just pauses the autopick timer.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I think we did 12 hours last time and it worked fine

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
12 hours, with no clock stoppage is fine with me.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
This year it'll be a lot easier for me to pick when it's my turn in general so I'm cool with whatever works for others.

Franchise 3 has been claimed, only one left until we can get started I guess! And by the way I'm not done bragging about winning this whole dang thing last year.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I think I claimed my franchise, but am still waiting on the email from MFL. It's been like 4 hours...is there a way to resend it?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm in California, PST/PDT and I would prefer either the 12 hour clock, or a stoppage that runs from no later than 11pm Pacific to no earlier than 10 AM pacific. But 12 hours is probably the better choice.

Even then, there's a decent chance I'll miss a pick if it comes up on a weekend day while I'm out doing things. Does anyone know if there's an MFL android app that lets you draft?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I was actually just looking for an app and didn't see one. That said, when you come onto the clock, you get an email and it's pretty simple to click through on your phone. Or just set up your auto-draft.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Mikey Purp posted:

I think I claimed my franchise, but am still waiting on the email from MFL. It's been like 4 hours...is there a way to resend it?
I never got any emails for this either, I just had an existing MFL account that I logged into and then linked the franchise and then updated the franchise info

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

There's an iOS app for sure, and it's easy to use. Not sure about Android. Otherwise, you get emails from MFL whenever it is your turn to draft with a link you can click through to make your draft pick.

If your turn is coming up, I recommend everyone take a few minutes to pre-load a few selections using the 'Pre-Draft' feature.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
OK, 12 hour picks and everyone has signed up. Any last minute issues? Note that the draft order was randomized.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Let's do this (though I might not even make my first pick for 6 days)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This year I won't be drafting T-Rich. Just FYI.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

What if I told you T-Rich was in the Best Shape of His Life on the Ravens?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Tiptoes posted:

What if I told you T-Rich was in the Best Shape of His Life on the Ravens?
So he can run into his blockers at a quicker pace?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm excited to get this started even if we only pick twice a week. hah

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fixing up one last e-mail issue and then we're good to go!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: :siren: :siren: THE DRAFT HAS BEGUN! :siren: :siren: :siren:

With the first pick in the 2016 Goon Slow Draft, the Draft Warriors select Antonio Brown, Wide Receiver, Pittsburgh Steelers!

This looks to be an interesting season, with trends that have been bubbling up for years finally coming to fruition. For the first time ever a WR is the consensus first round pick, particularly in a half PPR 3WR league like ours, and it's hard to argue against Antonio Brown. The highest scoring non-QB player last year, AB84 continues to be a reliable fantasy pick in a dynamic offense. While other elite WRs like Julio Jones and OBJ are also viable options, personally I'm sold on Brown being the best option.

QB:
RB1:
RB2:
WR1: Antonio Brown
WR2:
WR3:
FLX:
TE:
DST:
PK:

BENCH:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Hey Beer, just a heads up, I was poking around and got to the league scoring page, where I found two warning messages:

quote:

Warning!
Lineup requirements call for a Def, but that position has no scoring options set up (Edit).

League scoring rules appear to be set up for decimal scoring, but the number of decimal places for league scoring is set to zero.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

Hey Beer, just a heads up, I was poking around and got to the league scoring page, where I found two warning messages:

Should be fixed now.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Picking #2 ends up surprisingly tough as off-season changes and question marks abound here. Will Victor Cruz be healthy and the compliment OBJ needs? Same goes Sanu for Julio. Can Osweiler be competent enough to get Nuke the ball considering their drafting of Fuller/Miller should free him up from double teams more? Screw the WRs and go for one of the few bellcow RBs?

OBJ might go boom this year, and I love Nuke, but I think the safe pick here is Julio as even with lovely QB play he rolled up WR2 at season's end and with the most targets of any WR. If Ryan can be even modestly better this year I could be seeing a statline of 140/1850/10+ which is insane. So with pick #2 I draft

Julio Jones

Nuk the Whales is on the clock.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Uuuuuuuh...I'm a dumbass and accidentally picked Cam Newton instead of my intended pick, Le'Veon Bell. I wrote up a little explanation with the draft submission:

I posted:

gently caress it, I'm taking Bell. He's obviously capable of putting up a lot of points this season, but he is a bit of an injury risk. Could end up being a bust, but I just don't feel great about taking a WR in the 1st round, especially if his name isn't Antonio Brown. If he can avoid injury, no question this pick will pay off.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Happy to get OBJ here at pick #3! In addition to his historically good first two seasons in the league, he just gained what could be an excellent complementary piece in Sterling Sherpherd. I was a doubter at his late first round ADP last year, but I won't be a doubter again this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

timp posted:

Uuuuuuuh...I'm a dumbass and accidentally picked Cam Newton instead of my intended pick, Le'Veon Bell. I wrote up a little explanation with the draft submission:

Yeah last year I accidentally drafted Gurley because the MFL setup thing is really goddamn obtuse. You can set up a pre-draft list but if you want to auto-draft you make a different list. The pre-draft list only gets used after your time runs out, while the auto-draft list is just for that specific pick, unless I think you can copy it over to the next one? Or some poo poo like that, it's super dumb and confusing and bad.

Cam isn't a terrible pick though.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'll wait to pick to see if Beer can/will fix the Bell/Cam issue.

Since I'm probably going to gently caress up a pick at some point too. :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fixed!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Super-hard choice between David Johnson and Hopkins, went with Johnson because:

1. I'm old school and still think you need an RB1, and he's young, healthy, plays on a good team. He's probably the safest out of the Bell/Charles/AP/Gurley/D. Johnson class

2. We don't know what Osweiler is yet

3. WR2 is still a dumpster fire for Houston, which will allow defenses to scheme against Hopkins (although he's somewhat scheme-proof)

4. I trust myself to luckbox into viable WR's later.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

1.04 Todd Gurley

I hate trying to predict who the next RB1 is going to be. But with three receivers off the board, it's either take a shot at an elite RB or go with Gronk. I am a little worried if Garoppolo starts the first four games so let's go with the back!

Gurley is a special kind of runner and he showed that in his rookie year despite starting the year still recovering from ACL surgery. Now he's had a taste of the pros and gets a full offseason to dedicate himself to greatness. Fisher is a conservative-minded coach and Gurley will be the engine that drives that offense, although I do expect the QB play to get better going from Foles/Keenum to Goff. Workhorse RB1s are a precious commodity these days and I think of Gurley as the safest pick amongst the elite tier.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I picked Allen Robinson at #8. I feel like he's basically there at starting stud status. I was going to pick Peterson at first but decided to try this approach and see how it goes. Still feels kinda wrong to pick a Jaguar in the first but if he can continue what he's been doing then it's worth it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was a bit torn on arob vs nuk. I at least know what Bort to Robinson looks like. God knows what Brock is going to end up doing

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I grabbed Zeke at 9th, he's a bit risky as an unknown rookie. But, you don't get drafted at 4th overall not to be the workhorse and he has the skillset and the dominante OLINE to put up the points. It was either him or AJ/Dez. But i felt like one of those might drop to me with my next pick or at least get another WR.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

With pick No 11 I took Gronkenstein Monster. A lot of the other players I was considering either had major return from injury question marks, team/scheme change question marks, or otherwise just felt like a reach, so Gronk just felt like the best choice here even taking into account Brady's suspension. That being said, I don't feel Gronk will suffer that much with Garropolo under center, and Brady coming back with another round of hot revenge fire in his belly after week 4 sounds good to me.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I had my eye on Gronk, but ended up going with WR/WR, with Amari Cooper and Dez Bryant. I actually meant to go the other way, but as noted, MFL is less than intuitive at times.

I think both Dez and Cooper should be the focal points of their offenses this year. With Dez, the addition of Elliott (and the strength of the run game generally) should work in his favor and a healthy season and a healthy Romo make top 5 WR status quite plausible. Meanwhile I think Cooper and the Raiders offense will hopefully take another step forward this year. People are talking about their o-line as one of the best in the league and if that bears out, Cooper should move into the true elite tier of WRs.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

With pick 2.02 I take Lamar Miller. For the past three seasons, Lamar Miller has flashed signs of brilliance and been hampered by an organization who utilized him in ways that defy any semblance of logic, even for the NFL. Hopefully Bill O'Brien saw the same things that we did when they went out and signed Miller this year. I see Miller being a fresher, younger Arian Foster minus the injury prone label in a (hopefully) much improved offense.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had AP in my autodraft list but honestly did not expect him to fall to me, and was going to take Gronk. I don't love AP's team but he proved last year that he's still a workhorse three-down back with plenty of scoring potential.

I'm sad to miss both gronk and Lamar Miller, either of which would for sure have been my next picks.

For my second pick I want an elite wideout. Jordy Nelson used to be that - could be he'll be deminished after a year off, but he's got the best quarterback throwing to him (yeah I said it, suck it cam) and he's got the talent. I want homeruns from my #1 WR and Jordy Nelson can get me home runs.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With the 2.04 pick I decided to grab WR Keenan Allen, before half his season was cut short, he was on pace for a monster year in terms of targets and catches. With the offensive line set to improve, hopefully they can stay healthy. Antonio Gates should still be a big factor but as his career's winding down, i can see even more opportunity for Allen. Though i was seriously considering Alshon or AJ.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Took Devonta Freeman at 2.05. I doubt he has quite as monstrous of a year again but he catches many passes and I didn't want to get screwed on RBs later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Varg posted:

Took Devonta Freeman at 2.05. I doubt he has quite as monstrous of a year again but he catches many passes and I didn't want to get screwed on RBs later

Instead you'll likely get screwed by Kyle Shanahan.

• Locked thread