Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm in if there's room. Pm'd email, or mfl name is the same as here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I've never gotten an email. I just went franchise to franchise and did the forgot password with my email until it matched and sent me a link :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was a bit torn on arob vs nuk. I at least know what Bort to Robinson looks like. God knows what Brock is going to end up doing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't hate CJA in the 3rd/4th. I think a lot of people were burned by him as a 1st round option under the Peyton Manning Effect. The real problem IMO is that regardless of the QB threat it's unlikely that the passing game is going to be remotely viable and so they'll be able to seriously stack the box.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say Sanchez isn't going to be as good as Peyton at reading the defense and making adjustments so there's probably going to be less quick shots to CJA. I don't dislike him, I was bouncing between him and Hyde before deciding that Chip Kelly was the obvious way to go :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Varg posted:

5.08 - Delanie Walker

I was originally going to pick a WR here but there are a lot of question marks surrounding the ones available in this area, so I decided to take a good TE. I had Walker last year in one league and he owned in the 2nd half of the season. If Azhais didn't take Eifert right before, I probably would have grabbed him instead because Dalton loves him so much.

I was basically in the same boat, none of the WR really spoke to me, and I think Eifert has a shot at being top of the non-gronk TEs, so I went for it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Going on a TE run at this stage isn't a bad idea, although I'm surprised we're not seeing more RBs taken. The last four teams drafting each only have one RB.

I have two, regardless of what you may think of Hyde or Langford :colbert:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Varg posted:

yo I hate you Azhais whyy

Well, Jim Caldwell says that he expects big things from Abdullah this year. Big things. No coach would be using coachspeak in May, so this is obviously the steal RB1 of the draft.

As an aside, I decided to click on the "fantasy sharks draft coach" link to see what they thought I should take with this pick, and the #1 far and away choice was Josh Gordon. So get him while he's hot boxing guys.

e: Also, every time I see Ameer's name I think of Abdulla Doo from Quest for Glory and it makes me smile :colbert:

Azhais fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 18, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I believe all my picks speak for themselves

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
With the 9.07 I took Sterling Shepard, WR NYG. Cause he's money. He's gonna stand in that slot and sacrifice body and long term cognitive function to mine for PPR silver.

Or he'll get cut after rookie camps. Time will tell!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
10.06 - David Carr

I believe in the power of the Raiders.

There were still several QBs I'd be happy with, but this is the start of the longer stretch back to my next pick and decided that it was time to grab one of them before something unfortunate happened (I'm looking at you Gabbert).

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Rd 11: Philip Rivers. Might as well finish off that QBBC pairing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
12.06 - Michael Thomas - NO

Well, here we are, halfway through the draft. Good work everyone! I briefly considered looking at the less sexy positions in the draft since we're down in the rounds where redrafts are usually winding down, but since we have an eternity to go, wild shots in the dark. There are a certain subsection of pundits out there (i.e. the dynasty owners) who think that Thomas has the talent to take over the WR1 spot in NO early in the season. I'm not as convinced, but hey.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
13.7 shane vereen. Was gonna take Blount here if he was still available but hey. Thought about taking a K or D but got over it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fixed.

Drafting by ADP is poo poo. I'm switching the system to draft expired timers based on FantasySharks instead.

The fantasy sharks thing has been trying to get me to draft Josh Gordon since about round 5, so that'll be exciting

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Azhais posted:

The fantasy sharks thing has been trying to get me to draft Josh Gordon since about round 5, so that'll be exciting

quote:

16.05 185. Chop Blockers Gordon, Josh CLE WR Sat May 28 6:30:13 a.m. ET 2016 Pick made by FantasySharks.com

:lol:

I took the redskins dst at 16.06, so not much better really.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
4 ish

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I picked up smelter in a couple of dynasty leagues last year, so I'm right there with you hoping he's amazing/usable :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Now I'll be suspicious if you aren't #1

• Locked thread