Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Click the league page in the OP, click 'Link Franchise' in the upper right hand corner. I had to guess which Franchise was mine, might require some trial and error. The email you provided to Beer should match your MFL email.

If you don't have an MFL account, create one with the email you gave Beer.

In as 'Nuk the Whales'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

6 hours is standard for MFL10s, and you can also set the clock to stop at a certain hour so nobody gets hosed and autopicks in the middle of the night. If people want to do a longer clock, I'm cool with that too.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

People can also make picks during the clock stop, it just pauses the autopick timer.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

There's an iOS app for sure, and it's easy to use. Not sure about Android. Otherwise, you get emails from MFL whenever it is your turn to draft with a link you can click through to make your draft pick.

If your turn is coming up, I recommend everyone take a few minutes to pre-load a few selections using the 'Pre-Draft' feature.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Happy to get OBJ here at pick #3! In addition to his historically good first two seasons in the league, he just gained what could be an excellent complementary piece in Sterling Sherpherd. I was a doubter at his late first round ADP last year, but I won't be a doubter again this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

This might be dynasty poisoning affecting me, but I can't let Sammy Watkins get past me at 2.10.

After Buffalo's bye last year, he put up a ridiculous stat line and seems to finally be settling into his groove as an elite wideout. If he can stay healthy and continue to command a decent amount of targets, he will put up fantasy points with the best of them. Top 5 upside IMO.

Starting off with OBJ and Watkins back to back is pretty good by me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The first casualty of autopick strikes.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not thrilled with this choice, but I think Mark Ingram represents the end of this tier of 3 down backs with pass catching ability, so I'm going to take him as my RB1. Should Ingram stay healthy, his workload should be safe (Spiller and Hightower aren't too scary), and while they drafted Daniel Lasco, I don't expect him to threaten anything this season.

OBJ
Watkins
Ingram

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

4.10 - Golden Tate
As the new WR1 of the Lions post Calvin, Tate should see an increase in targets (and DB attention), and he shined in his limited audition for this role in 2014. I think he projects for high WR2 this year, with a few top 12 weeks.

5.03 - Jonathan Stewart
I'm a big zero RB guy, but JStew looks like really good value here. A 3 down back on a strong offense, he looked really good down the stretch last year. The two big knocks on him are always health and getting TDs vultured by Cam and Tolbert, which are baked into his price.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

6.10 - Danny Woodhead
Grit. Determination. Passes out of the backfield.

The always underrated Danny Woodhead finished as the PPR RB 3 last season, and is poised tor a big role again this year with Melvin Gordon's microfracture surgery raising questions about his health.

7.03. Corey Coleman, WR

The uber talented Baylor WR slots into a huge target volume in Cleveland, where he stands to play a huge role early on. Dude is a playmaker, and he may have the highest upside of the rookie WRs.

Also, loving Sammy Watkins foot surgery, jesus christ.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

8.10 - Zach Ertz has been trending upwards over the past few years, and just signed a big extension with the Eagles. I'm hoping these are signs that he should be more involved in the offense this year.

9.03 - Tyler Lockett had a nice breakout season with the Seahawks last year, and feels like a pretty good value here in the 9th round. I think there are still a few nice WRs on the board, but they may not make it back around to me on my next turn. I like stacking WRs early in this format.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Love the Theo Riddick pick except now I can't draft him. Underrated PPR gem last year, rumors have been swirling that he be doing a ton of lining up in the slot as a WR this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Getting caught up.

10.10- CJ Prosise, RB
I like 3rd down backs in this format. A converted WR who figures to get involved early as Seattle's 3rd down back. Has the potential to take over the backfield in case of a Rawls injury, so long as he can improve his blocking skills.

11.03 - Andy Dalton, QB
Lost weapons and Hue Jackson, but still has AJ Green, Eifert and Tyler Boyd. Should have a strong season in store. Wanted to wait longer on my first QB, but some of you jerks already have two.

12.10 - Jameis Winston, QB
Good rookie season, poised for a step forward. I like the value here.

13.03 - Breshad Perriman, WR
Goons don't like him due to drops, but in the 13th round, I think this is awesome value due to his ceiling. Old Man Steve Smith is coming back from an Achilles tear, is 37 and could fall off of a cliff and have an Andre Johnson with the Colts-like season. Give me the size and speed freak with high draft capital who will team up with Joe Flacco for deep balls all year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The well on usable RBs is drying up, so I'm taking my fifth.

Since it's pretty much a dart throw at this point, I wanted to pick a pass catching/third down back who figures to have some PPR value, since the RBs that are safe bets to get several carries are long gone.

I considered Jordan Howard, Paul Perkins and Buck Allen here, but all three of those backfields look crowded and tough to predict: each has 3-4 RBs who could conceivably take the lion's share of carries.

14.10 - Kenyan Drake, RB

The third RB off of the board in the NFL Draft, he's slated to be Miami's third down back (hopefully) early. He's realistically only got Jay Ajayi to contend with, unless they sign Arian Foster which has been rumored. Ajayi still has some injury question marks, so I can see a nonzero chance that Drake is more than just a change of pace or third down guy.

Edit: Well gently caress, of course I just read a new report that Drake may be Ajayi's backup, rather than the third down back. Oh well.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 25, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

16.10 - Chicago Bears
At this point, I just need a second defense. The Bears restocked their LB corps this offseason, and things are starting to come together with Vic Fangio's defense. I think they'll be a sneaky good D/ST this season.

17.03 - Robert Griffin III
With the number of roster spots we have available, I figured a third QB was a solid investment, especially since I waited awhile to take my first 2 QBs. Of the non-rookies remaining, RG3 seems to be have the best odds as starting, and though it's not likely to be realized, his legs give him some upside.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

18.10 - Zach Miller, TE
Miller developed a good rapport with Cutler in the second half of last year, and with the Black Unicorn's departure, there's a big opportunity for him to see some volume in the passing game. Very comfortable rolling with Ertz and Miller as my TE1 and TE2.

19.03 - Chris Hogan, WR
Patiots signed the former Bills WR to a pretty decent contract this offseason, and he should get plenty of opportunities to be their outside guy. Edelman and Amendola are both coming off of surgery and getting up there in age, so I'm acquiring Hogan on the cheap wherever I can in dynasty leagues.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 2, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

timp posted:

I missed my last pick as well and got ANOTHER WR...technically since Torn ACLs hasn't picked yet I could get Beer to change it, but gently caress it. This isn't the first one I've missed in this draft so I say I kind of deserve it. Had some sort of problem with my phone not sending me emails when the come in lately and haven't fixed it yet so it's on me.

I filled out just about everything else I needed so whatever! Hell, maybe this uh... *checks* Justin Hardy guy will pull through for me once this season. I'll run down my players and compile all my descriptions in this thread, probably on Monday.

He's third on the depth chart in Atlanta after Julio and Sanu. He's probably not very good, but there's a non-zero chance he ends up the #2 in Atlanta this year through injury or breakout performance.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

There's my last pick. Rundown of my last couple of picks:

20.10 - Vinatieri, Kicker #1
21.03 - NYG Defense, Defense #3
22.10 - Prater, Kicker #2
23.03 - Hunter Henry, TE #3 - considered the top TE prospect in this rookie class by most, he landed in a good situation in San Diego, presumably to take over from Gates once he's done. Or sit in purgatory for a few years a la Ladarius Green.
24.10 - Chris Thompson, RB - 3rd down back for WAS, assuming Keith Marshall doesn't take his job right away, should be good for a couple of decent scores throughout the season

My team:

QB: Dalton, RG3, Winston
RB: Ingram, Stewart, Woodhead, Prosise, Drake, Thompson
WR: OBJ, Watkins, Tate, Corey Coleman, Lockett, Perriman, Hogan
TE: Ertz, Miller, Henry
K: Vinateri, Prater
D/ST: Lions, Bears, Giants

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this team. Watkins sucks from a value perspective in retrospect because of the injury. Lots of WR upside, but some unproven names there - I'm going to have to hope one of Coleman, Perriman or Hogan emerges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm in and ready to roll as 'The Zero D/ST Strategy,' the newest contrarian craze sweeping the Fantasy Football community.

• Locked thread