Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
pm with email sent. Or my MFL username is the same as my SA username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
The War Riggins is ready

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I didn't get anything either. I just tried to use my email to request access to each team in turn until it worked and generated an email.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

6 hour works for me, and an overnight clock stoppage seems wise. Would a 12 AM - 6 AM stopped clock work? That way, worst case scenario we're getting through 3 picks a day.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

12 hours, with no clock stoppage is fine with me.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I was actually just looking for an app and didn't see one. That said, when you come onto the clock, you get an email and it's pretty simple to click through on your phone. Or just set up your auto-draft.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Let's do this (though I might not even make my first pick for 6 days)

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Hey Beer, just a heads up, I was poking around and got to the league scoring page, where I found two warning messages:

quote:

Warning!
Lineup requirements call for a Def, but that position has no scoring options set up (Edit).

League scoring rules appear to be set up for decimal scoring, but the number of decimal places for league scoring is set to zero.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I had my eye on Gronk, but ended up going with WR/WR, with Amari Cooper and Dez Bryant. I actually meant to go the other way, but as noted, MFL is less than intuitive at times.

I think both Dez and Cooper should be the focal points of their offenses this year. With Dez, the addition of Elliott (and the strength of the run game generally) should work in his favor and a healthy season and a healthy Romo make top 5 WR status quite plausible. Meanwhile I think Cooper and the Raiders offense will hopefully take another step forward this year. People are talking about their o-line as one of the best in the league and if that bears out, Cooper should move into the true elite tier of WRs.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Jeremy Maclin and C.J. Anderson. As noted on MFL, I think the CJA hate is going a bit too far- he's most likely the lead back in a Kubiak offense with either Mark Sanchez or a rookie at QB and an improved o-line. Then again, I didn't get burned by him in any leagues last year, so maybe I'm just being foolish.

There Goes My Blood Bag is on the clock.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't hate CJA in the 3rd/4th. I think a lot of people were burned by him as a 1st round option under the Peyton Manning Effect. The real problem IMO is that regardless of the QB threat it's unlikely that the passing game is going to be remotely viable and so they'll be able to seriously stack the box.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see if they can get anything effective going in the passing game. I think with the Thomas/Sanders duo, even Sanchez can be...passable.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Are you guys talking past one another? Fitz= Larry Fitzgerald, but also Fitz= Ryan Fitzpatrick

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

RB is deep, but there are so many question marks and murky RBBCs. Draft-only both helps and hurts in that respect. Knowing I'll get that one huge game somebody has, without having to worry about it from a sit/start viewpoint leads to increased risk tolerance for me.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

5.12- Matt Jones- Assuming he can get over the fumbles and learns the pass protection, I think he's got some serious upside in what should be a really solid offense. Also, as much as I hate myself for it, I like taking players on the team I am cursed to support.

6.01- Russell Wilson- I think he's pretty great value at 61 overall. Normally I'd keep waiting at QB, but I can't pass him up here.

War Riggins
Russell Wilson
C.J. Anderson
Matt Jones
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Jeremy Maclin

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I was hoping to grab Barnidge. If that offense is actually going to do anything I think he's going to be a big part of it.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

As I mentioned I was eyeing Barnidge here- I think he could be super productive as RG3's security blanket in what could be surprisingly effective offense. That said, I can't complain about who I was able to get.

7.12- Yeldon is potentially a true feature back and this could be a breakout year. Can't pass up that sort of upside at the end of the 7th.

8.01- Bernard was RB19 in .5 PPR last year and that's with Dalton going down. I think he's got a really high floor in .5PPR and again, at the top of the 8th, tough to argue with.

War Riggins
Russell Wilson
C.J. Anderson
Matt Jones
T.J. Yeldon
Giovani Bernard
Dez Bryant
Amari Cooper
Jeremy Maclin

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Yeah, I think Doctson is a year or an injury out from being really fantasy relevant, but best ball helps with some of that.

Karlos Williams though- he could be an RB1 if McCoy goes down or gets in another bar brawl.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

9.12/10.0

Julius Thomas- I don't see him missing 4 games again this year and he was solid when he was on the field last season. If (as people expect) Jacksonville is a bit more competitive and their offense is a little less vertical, he may increase his share of targets.

Willie Snead- Drew Brees is certainly not who he once was, but he's still talented enough to add value to his receivers. Totally fine with Snead as my fourth receiver.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Romo & Gates- backups on my roster, but any given week they have starter potential, if not top 5 at their position.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

12.12 - Stephen Gostkowski
I did the analysis and I loving pulled the trigger.

13.1 - LeGarrette Blount
Going best ball means I can ignore the normal pain associated with drafting NE backs.

I came really, really close to taking Blount on that exact same rationale.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

13.12 and 14.01- Chiefs and the Pats

Obviously in a redraft situation I wouldn't touch a defense this early, but with some of my preferred options already off the board, I figured I'd bite the bullet and get it out of the way now.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

15.12 Joe Flacco

Is he elite? Well, he won a superbowl, people forget that. Projections are putting him a bit under 4000 yards and around 20 TDs. In case of injury to Wilson or Romo, I like Flacco as a third option. Plus he's got the sort of arm that he could easily put up 2+ 300 yd 3 TD games during the season.

16.01 Javorius "Buck" Allen

I didn't plan on taking two Ravens here, but so be it. Buck Allen looked okay when he came in for Forsett last season, especially in PPR formats. The buzz is that it's a genuine competition between Forsett and Allen for the starting job headed into camp. Even if Allen stays the backup, I figure he'll see 5-10 touches a game as they try not to wear down Forsett.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

17.12- Kamar Aiken- Not thrilled with taking 3 Ravens in a row, but Aiken's aggregate ADP is 161 per Football Guys, so getting him at 17.12/204 and as my fifth WR works for me.

18.01- Chandler Catanzaro- I really am not excited to see what my kicker options are like at 19.12, particularly if three are already gone, so I figured I'd grab Catanzaro now. I think the skill guys I'm interested in taking a flyer on will still be available.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

20.03: Blue, Alfred

Lamar Miller is the bellcow back for the Texans, and I do not subscribe to the idea that the reason Miami barely used him was because he can't handle a heavy workload.

But, just in case they're right, I don't mind taking the #2 back in Texas. He might get some carried when Miller gets tired, and if Miller gets hurt this is his handcuff.

If you get that one game a year out of Blue, he's probably worth it. Best ball makes everything permissible. Nothing is forbidden.

Meanwhile, on that very subject:

19.12: Ty Montgomery I think Montgomery is getting seriously undervalued due to an injury shortened rookie season. There's a good RotoViz piece on this and at the end of the day, I'd rather own a piece of the GB offense than not.

20.01: James White Somewhat similarly, I'd rather own a piece of New England than not- particularly in best ball. The knock on all NE RBs is always "oh Bill Belichick and chicanery- how do I know who to start when?" 3rd RB after a questionably healthy Lewis and LGB means pretty solid opportunity.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Matt Bryant and Alex Collins to finish things off. I get more and more nervous about Rawls as time goes by and I think Collins may have a role regardless of Rawls' health.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'd certainly be interested in doing another.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

QB:
Russell Wilson, SEA
Tony Romo, DAL
Joe Flacco, BAL

I feel pretty good about this trio. Wilson is a top 5 guy, maybe even QB 1. Romo should be a top 10 or top 12 QB if he stays healthy. Flacco has the ability to have a really big game here or there and gives me some injury insurance.

RB:
C.J Anderson, DEN
Matt Jones, WAS
TJ. Yeldon, JAC
Giovani Bernard, CIN
Buck Allen, BAL
Alex Collins, SEA
Daniel Lasco, NO
James White, NE

Welp best ball is where you accept more risk than normal, right? The first three guys are all in position to get most of the carries on their offenses. CJA is the only one who really projects an an RB1 in my mind, and of course, we all know what last year was like. Bernard is pretty decent value in PPR and should have some solid games. His share in the passing offense will hopefully pick up a bit with Sanu and Marvin Jones leaving Cincy. Allen, Collins, Lasco and White are all long shots.Allen could legitimately win the starting job in Baltimore, which would be huge. Collins and Lasco are trendy rookies, but I like the potential. James White is...well....if he actually slots into my starting lineup in best ball this season I'll either feel like a genius or things will have gone horribly wrong.

WR:
Dez Bryant, DAL
Amari Cooper, OAK
Jeremy Maclin, KC
Kamar Aiken, BAL
Willie Snead, NO
Ty Montgomery, GB

Dez and Cooper should both finish top 12 at the position. Maclin shouldn't be lower than top 24. I like Aiken even more now given the Perriman news. Snead is unlikely to have the season he did last year, particularly if Michael Thomas lives up to the hype, but the NO offense is the sort of unit where everyone gets one or two big games a season. I think Ty Montgomery could have a break out year if the Green Bay offense is back to form.

TE:
Antonio Gates, SD
Julius Thomas, JAC

Eh. Both guys who are going to be up and down. I'm hoping Jacksonville is taking the next step forward defensively as I think that'll make for better game scripts for Thomas catching stuff in the middle of the field. Antonio Gates is a classic and yes, it's possible that this is the year he finally falls off a cliff, I'm willing to take that chance.

K:
Chandler Catanzaro, ARI
Matt Bryant, ATL

I don't like kickers. Both of these guys should at least have solid workloads. Bryant gets 9 games in a dome, plus one in Denver, so that's a good thing I guess.

D/ST:
Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans

Apparently 3 D/ST rosters are very well evaluated by RotoViz. The Chiefs and the Pats are perennially decent units and the Titans actually have some talent on the defensive side of the ball. Given their division, I would be shocked if the Titans D has some really solid games.

All in all, I think I did okay. Took some serious risks, but I'm pretty happy with QB and WR. RB could really go either way. If two of the longshots actually pan out, I'll be thrilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Thread- http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780878

League- http://www71.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/58011

• Locked thread