Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
More fantasy football? I cannot say no! Trashisinhere @ Gmail . com if ya still got space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I am sooooo gonna slow roll the slow draft.

Oh man I just noticed - do you need to invite the email address itself? If so my account on MFL is a different email than the one I gave here.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 7, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Everyone should have received invites. Will send them out again.

Just reregistered under the email I gave. That email still has received nothing though - I guess MFL won't send out an email to one that isn't registered yet? Sorry for the trouble on this =/ I guess try one more time and if it doesn't go through someone else should get my spot - trashisinhere@gmail.com

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone here still missing an invite?

I am, but if you resent it after my previous post but before this one then for whatever reason my email box is not getting it. Sent myself an email and it went through so dunno.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

I never got an invite but I was able to make it work. If you have an account on MFL already, go to the league page and click the link in the upper right for linking your account. It'll let you do that, and then you can figure out which team is supposed to be yours by trying to register for each unclaimed team until it lets you. When you try to register, don't put in a password, just use your email address and leave the password field blank and pick teams from the dropdown. When you have the right one, MFL will email you a confirmation link.

This worked. Awaiting the email from MFL now. Says up to 2 hours (?) to receive it though?

Edit: Email received.

Edit2: I am the destroyer of fantasy football homepages it seems

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /2016/home/52094.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 8, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Finally got in and am set!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Picking #2 ends up surprisingly tough as off-season changes and question marks abound here. Will Victor Cruz be healthy and the compliment OBJ needs? Same goes Sanu for Julio. Can Osweiler be competent enough to get Nuke the ball considering their drafting of Fuller/Miller should free him up from double teams more? Screw the WRs and go for one of the few bellcow RBs?

OBJ might go boom this year, and I love Nuke, but I think the safe pick here is Julio as even with lovely QB play he rolled up WR2 at season's end and with the most targets of any WR. If Ryan can be even modestly better this year I could be seeing a statline of 140/1850/10+ which is insane. So with pick #2 I draft

Julio Jones

Nuk the Whales is on the clock.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
A possibly minor surprise here at 2.11 as Gridiron Chefs draft

Cameron Jerrell Newton

Thoughts after my rd 3 pick.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
With pick 3.02 in the draft I decided to take

Eddie Lacy

Choosing Cam seemed like a pretty easy choice considering my situation. This is what is probably the last shot at getting stud quality for me. Cam is undoubtedly QB1 right now AND he gets Kelvin back. That pretty much sets a super high floor for his performance and a possibility of an even bigger year this year. I could have seen if he goes through Beer (likely but by no means a certainty) and taken on the rebound, but I had plenty of targets in a similar tier for RB/WR and only one in QB at this spot so I took the QB to assure I had this high floor locked up in the highest scoring position. I will say Jamaal was definitely a consideration for me here as well.

If Jamaal made it around I was most likely taking him, but Lacy was a target for this pick and I am happy to grab him. Contract year, losing weight, and still on a high-powered offense. Can get 20 touches on the ground and a couple of catches per game as well. This year a statline of 1100+/9+ and ~40/400/5 is easily reachable. Remember he was being considered as #1 overall based on his 2014 before he became fat Lacy. Back in shape another 2014 or better should be achievable.

Nuk the Whales is on the clock.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 13, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
4.11 - Doug Baldwin

In a surprise to everyone he went from a WR3 for fantasy to a top tier WR1 after the Seahawks bye week last season. Not expecting near that much production throughout this year, but he showed me enough to have me grab him here. Figuring 70/1000/8 as a base with a pretty strong potential for more.

5.02 - Latavius Murray

I am surprised at him being available here. Another bell-cow RB that can catch passes. Not expecting the world, but consistent scoring should be achievable with an easier schedule and further development of the passing game and defense for the Raiders.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
6.11 - Markus Wheaton

Looks to be able to handle the WR2 role after the year of competition with Bryant upping his game. Will probably have ups and downs in scoring depending on how defenses deal with AB84, but had 42 targets in the last 5 games (Bryant had 47) as a WR2. Hoping that he builds on last year and can score a line in the realm of 60/850/6 if not better.

(a little while after I made the pick I saw John Brown was available and kicked myself)

7.02 - DeSean Jackson

If he can stay healthy he can rack up some points. Nothing special expected with this pick. Probably another boom/bust but can get 1k+ yds if he plays 16.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 17, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I can say only one thing about this league. Slowest draft = confusingest draft. I have been lost since about the fifth round with no idea where I want to go with each pick and end up tossing darts. If I win I should change professions to professional dart thrower and move to the UK.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Leperflesh posted:

Ooh, an autopick at 8.08!
And a hopeful Arian Foster pick!

Post about your picks, you lazy bastards!

I do!

8.11 - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

Originally wanted Barnidge as a sentimental pick before I got sniped in the last go-around, but ASJ was a nice value pick with good upside for this season. Injured most of last season, but in the couple of games he was healthy he showed strong. Wanted to wait even longer but too many TEs off the board to roll the dice on another run through the board.

9.02 - Arian Foster

He should sign somewhere once he is recovered, and definitely high risk high reward. Could be the RB1 on half of NFL rosters, and although he is a heavy injury risk, those same injuries have also reduced the wear-and-tear he would have taken the past two seasons. Upside is a miracle RB1 starter, downside is a third down back that tears his hammy two games into his season to end it. Willing to take the gamble on more upside than down.

And I just noticed my Bye week situation is perfect so far!

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 19, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
^^^^ What happened to Mike Thomas? :spergin:

10.11 - Steve Smith

I have heard that Perriman has diamond hands, and Mike Wallace will run down the field and drop balls a lot, so provided that Smith can play he will be the primary target for Flacco. Last year that meant big numbers until he got injured. Hoping for a similar albeit lessened output as he wants one last good season before retirement.

11.2 - James Starks

I have never really been into handcuffing RBs, but JUST IN CASE Lacy decides that he is going to stay crap Starks will fill in as a very capable replacement. In games he got 10+ touches he averaged over 10 pts with three 20+ pt games when filling in.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would have loved to pick up Steve Smith. That's a really good place for him.

I gave serious consideration to picking him up last go round, ADP be damned. Always a possibility something goes amiss with his rehab but the value was definitely there at that pick.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Catching up on my last few pics

12.11 - Carolina Panthers D

Once the defensive scoring got set properly securing two top defenses became priority #1. Carolina has a relatively soft schedule, Luke Kuechly, and bye week 7, leading to my next pick.....

13.02 - Arizona Cardinals D

Zona and Houston both had bye week 9 so I knew I would get one on the loop. Beer did not take either so I get my preferred choice and secure a top scoring defense slot for the year

14.11 - Paul Perkins

In a jumbled backfield in NY Perkins gets drafted in the hopes he can beat out an aging rashad jennings some time this season for the starting role. Most reports are optimistic of his chances and so am I.

15.02 - Ryan Fitzpatrick

Recent reports have Fitz saying he will play this season, and the Jets are still at the table, so I am shooting a big time value pick here that could end up a complete waste. Risk/reward similar to my Foster pick earlier, but much better value if he does play

Edit: I reeeeeeeally wanted to draft Ted Ginn for any of these last four picks. IMO superb value for this format.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 26, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Varg posted:

Lol whatever I'm at a metal festival this weekend and haven't been paying attention, JG can stay on my team as my mascot

Pretty sure we already established that you can change to a real pick provided he has not been drafted by someone after the autopick?

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
16.11 - Tim Hightower

Ingram has shown to be vulnerable to injury the last couple of years, and Hightower showed he is a capable backup last year. I gave a big thought to taking Jimmy Graham here as well, but there is a possibility of him going on the PUP list to start the season. If not for that I take Graham here. Beer obviously agreed and took the risk. Would have been harder to pass Graham if he makes it through the turn, but he didn't!

17.02 - Brock Osweiler

I took a risk drafting Fitzpatrick as my backup QB. This is value cover for taking that risk. Osweiler-2-Nuke has to put up some numbers I should think.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
:siren: THE FIRST KICKER HAS BEEN DRAFTED :siren:

vvv Yeah that. (I am trying to trigger a run on kickers shhhhhhhhh)

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 31, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
18.11 - Graham Gano

Securing at least one kicker who should be a fairly consistent scorer seemed to be a good idea at the time!

19.02 - Charles Clay

Fairly boom/bust TE, but his boom is pretty good and as it stands is the undoubted #1 TE. Might see a few more looks this year? I hope?

20.11 - Robert Woods

One of the last #2 WRs left out there. Taking #1 WR reps in OTAs while Sammy heals. Hoping he gets some timely 10+ point days since I needed another WR.

21.02 - Kyle Rudolph

Someone has to draft him and get disappointed right? Since ASJ is a bit unknown coming into the season and Clay has good week/bad week syndrome I figured another TE that has the possibility of a few 10+ point days is probably a good thing.

Also that Jordan Howard pick might be a sneaky good one for best ball. John Fox has said a couple of times he is going to play hot hand at RB, so Howard might end up with a few good days midseason onwards. Had him on my list and was going to take him this loop but found he already got drafted =/

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 5, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
22.11 - Mike Gillislee

In what appears to be a 3 pronged running attack for the Bills, Gillislee stood out once they started using him late last season where he averaged 10(!) ypc. Definitely possible to have a big breakout year if Shady or Karlos gets dinged up.

23.02 - Mike Nugent

another kicker on another decent offense. Yay!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

I HAVE FAITH DAMMIT! MINOR SETBACK HE WILL BE FINE

(happy I did draft a third TE now, even if now I have the shittiest TE core in the league...)

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Well gently caress I had everything for these last few pics nicely lined up until the ASJ poo poo. Now I got a really lovely decision to make and am not happy at all about it! Good thing I got another 10h or so to see the fallout and hope everything turns into rainbows and fluffy bunnies, or at least clear up a bit of the haze....

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
So I really wanted to grab a third kicker with my last pick as it looked like the best place to maximize my BB points, but after that idiot ASJ pulled that stunt I now have to

24.11 - Cameron Brate

gently caress YOU ASJ

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
My team review:

My plan for the draft going in was to get a couple of top top guys and then due to the best ball format shoot for potential over consistency for individual players at QB/RB/WR. TE/K I planned to load up later in the draft and get a point floor by committee unless I felt value fell to me. Two defenses. So 2QB/7RB/7WR/3TE/3K/2DEF - obviously I skewed from the plan when I realized I could draft two QBs later with one being Fitz so I would have to cover just in case. Also had to cover at TE thanks ASJ so only 2 kickers. Overall I think I pretty much nailed what I was hoping to do so I expect great things.

Quarterback - Ryan Fitzpatrick NYJ, Cam Newton CAR, Brock Osweiler HOU

In my opinion getting at least one top QB was the biggest priority as the scoring is weighted heavy for QBs, and I got a top 3 and good chance for the #1 QB this year. Fitzpatrick is a flier (and getting shakier with news of possible QB cuts like Foles) but if he signs becomes a solid QB2 and could toss up a couple of better weeks than Cam throughout the year. Brock has Nuke and Lamar so at least a week or two topping the points should come. Got my targets here, maybe drafted Cam early but pleased with my group.

Running Back - Arian Foster FA* RB, Mike Gillislee BUF RB, Tim Hightower NOS RB, Eddie Lacy GBP RB, Latavius Murray OAK RB, Paul Perkins NYG RB, James Starks GBP RB

I really do wish I had a third set-in-stone starting RB here, but I will live with two solid starters (grouping Lacy/Starks) and two potential starters in Foster and Perkins. I also like my lottery tickets in Hightower and Gillislee. Not the best RB group, but I am happy with what I have here and will hope Murray does not get injured early in the year.

Wide Receivers - Doug Baldwin SEA WR, DeSean Jackson WAS WR, Julio Jones ATL WR, Steve Smith WR, Markus Wheaton PIT WR, Robert Woods BUF WR

I probably should have another WR or two, but with the 6 I have I am looking at a group that I think should be pretty strong for a best ball league. Lots of boom/bust here outside of Julio, who is all boom. Not having depth here I will need to avoid injury through the year, but if I do then this group should do well.

Tight Ends - Cameron Brate TBB TE, Charles Clay BUF TE, Kyle Rudolph MIN TE, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TBB TE

I had zero intention of going 4 TEs until the ASJ fiasco so covered with Brate. No miracles expected here just looking for 8-10 pts a week with a rare boom. Probably the worst TE group of any team. And 4 slots for it too.

Kickers - Graham Gano CAR PK, Mike Nugent CIN PK

Wanted a third kicker in the worst way. Couldn't get it done as I felt that my two kickers will outscore the three TEs I had as it was. Should see good to great production, but not spectacular.

Defenses - Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers

Should be the best defense group in the league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Like Hightower is saving me! I mean I have a functional team right now for the first time since Lacy went down.

• Locked thread