Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Absurd Revolver posted:

This is the one, where you try and twist that list which was comprised of those who voted for bottleknight into a favoritism for Keane, when he wasn't in on the vote at all.

I'm not denying that Keane didn't belong in the list of people on the BK list. I'm implying that you used that specific list because it would allow you to not case Keane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Podima at least have your vote in by then please

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Podima at least have your vote in by then please

Oh of course. That's why I'm letting you all know, I don't want to drop a vote and run off.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Based on AR at the start of this day, it seems like it would be a bizarre complete lack of thought for scum to post that way.

Also I don't have a case on podima. I know it's just a weird as gently caress thing to do this close to the end game, but I just feel it.

For me it goes (from scummiest to least scummy): AR, Kash, Glowku, Podima

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

For me it goes (from scummiest to least scummy): AR, Kash, Glowku, Podima

Whenever I find myself feeling someone as definitely town but can't think of why specifically, I get suspicious.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

MMT is trying to misrepresent AR here. They specifically say they are looking at the people on the Bottleknight lynch, hence why Keane and myself are not mentioned.

I didn't realize that what I posted came off as me implying that he left Keane off the list. I know why he left Keane off the list.

Do you agree with my points that (a) AR never cased Keane once this game despite hammering him and (b) when AR was under suspicion, Keane tried to diffuse it?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
At this point I guess my priority list goes Glowku >> AR > MMT >>> Kashuno.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't realize that what I posted came off as me implying that he left Keane off the list. I know why he left Keane off the list.

To finish that thought, my suspicion is that he picked a list of people that didn't include Keane. And while that in a vacuum is nowhere near enough to call him scum, I feel like when added to a bunch of other evidence it's something that should at least be considered.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I think I'm actually ok with ##vote AR

Best case scenario he's scum, worst case scenario he's not but we have a lot to go off for who's pointing at who.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Absurd Revolver posted:

This is the one, where you try and twist that list which was comprised of those who voted for bottleknight into a favoritism for Keane, when he wasn't in on the vote at all.

Does my having explained my point of view affect your read on me at all?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you agree with my points that (a) AR never cased Keane once this game despite hammering him and (b) when AR was under suspicion, Keane tried to diffuse it?

Yes.

Right now my reads are probably Podima/Glowku >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AR >>>>>>>> MMT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ME

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I mean if you think killing me will give you any clues towards winning, go for it, but it doesn't seem like a safe strategy this close to lylo.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Absurd Revolver posted:

I mean if you think killing me will give you any clues towards winning, go for it, but it doesn't seem like a safe strategy this close to lylo.

I don't think it's a safe strategy at all. Honestly there isn't a safe strategy as no one is overtly scummy.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I won't vote for AR today

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That lack of compromise isn't helpful. :sigh:

I think we've all made our thinking clear and discussed everything we can at this point. Hopefully this is the right call, or I'll (hopefully again) see you all on d4!

##vote Absurd Revolver

:redhammer:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Does my having explained my point of view affect your read on me at all?

Absurd Revolver posted:

Like even now AR is talking about why he shouldn't be lynched but doesn't seem all that excited about talking about who is actually scum.

Kashuno posted:

I won't vote for AR today

I'm pretty suspicious that you (a) acknowledge the things that are scummy about AR are scummy but you won't vote him, and (b) you think Podima is the best vote but are completely uninterested in trying to convince anyone else.

To me the second-most-likely explanation for what's going on is that Kash is scum and knows AR will flip town but wants someone else to hammer so he can get town cred.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:munch:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(sorry about that, didn't see the hammer when I posted!) :eng99:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Absurd Revolver - Appliance Direct guy - Vanilla Town was cut on day 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgxcYz5cLN8

Don't waste your soap and bleach money!

It is night 3.

You know what to do.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Kashuno - Fixin ta learn ya - Vanilla Town was cancelled on night 3!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHEauiQVAHA

Yep, thats a thing.

It is day 4.

Do it to it.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (3): Mayor Glowku, Murmur Twin, Podima

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 14th, 2016 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 56 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh christ I thought nights were longer! I was going to go to bed soon but now I'm in lylo with two people I already cased. :gonk:

MMT/Glowku, lay it on me. What do you think? (Also I suppose it's too much to hope you were watching Kash last night, MMT?)

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima posted:

Oh christ I thought nights were longer! I was going to go to bed soon but now I'm in lylo with two people I already cased. :gonk:

MMT/Glowku, lay it on me. What do you think? (Also I suppose it's too much to hope you were watching Kash last night, MMT?)

We have a whole day. I was literally crawling into bed as well. I have a lot to say in one post so here goes.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Wait actually I don't have much to say. I had a whole scenario built out in my head of who was scum... but it involved Kashuno.

It is suspect to me that you post this:

Podima posted:

By the way, not to rush but I'm planning on going out after work with my wife to have dinner and see Civil War, so if all of us are here and active at this point it might be a good time to work out the rest of this day. I almost definitely won't be here at deadline and will be phone posting from ~5:00 EDT on.

And we had a decent amount of time left to argue about who was the scum, you hammer.

Podima posted:

That lack of compromise isn't helpful. :sigh:

I think we've all made our thinking clear and discussed everything we can at this point. Hopefully this is the right call, or I'll (hopefully again) see you all on d4!

##vote Absurd Revolver

:redhammer:

Interestingly enough everyone including you was there at the time of hammer as we saw MMT and Kash immediately post after. I opted not to because you know, hammer and all. So that brings us to the night phase with the last scum knowing most likely who they were going to kill. The night didn't end oddly enough for hours where I thought it would have been almost immediate.

One scenario I can think for this is that it actually is you Podima who is scum, you went out with your wife to dinner and a movie and weren't able to complete your night action until you got back thus extending night longer than it needed to be. I did think MMT was going to be killed since both you and Kashuno thought me as scum, it would have been a quick day with (in this scenario) Kashuno being like lol it's glowku. And you following suit easily because that's an auto win for you. A bit perplexing that Kash died tbh.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yup we have time, I was mostly shocked I made it to lylo, let alone in this position. First time ever for me!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Like even now AR is talking about why he shouldn't be lynched but doesn't seem all that excited about talking about who is actually scum.

I'm pretty suspicious that you (a) acknowledge the things that are scummy about AR are scummy but you won't vote him, and (b) you think Podima is the best vote but are completely uninterested in trying to convince anyone else.

To me the second-most-likely explanation for what's going on is that Kash is scum and knows AR will flip town but wants someone else to hammer so he can get town cred.

And this post is absolutely scummy as gently caress. so I don't know who to vote.

Podima posted:

Yup we have time, I was mostly shocked I made it to lylo, let alone in this position. First time ever for me!

Same for me, though I've probably played way less games.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Whoops, should have preview edited.

I hammered because the way things were shaping up, it looked like MMT had wandered off (I know her internet access is a bit sporadic - but apparently she was typing a post, oops) and Kashuno was settling into a stubborn posture. You and MMT already had votes on AR and obviously he wasn't going to vote himself, so I figured we weren't going to make much more progress than we had. It was a good day - everyone had already contributed heavily to the discussion. (Hammering was also part of pushing myself for this game, I tend to be very hammer-shy and it's gotten me in trouble in previous games.)

I agree with you that I'm not sure about the rationale behind the Kash kill, though I wonder if it's an attempt to frame the two of us. He was very blatant about thinking we were at the top of his scum list at the end of the last day, so it throws suspicion on 2 of the 3 people left going into lylo.

Also lastly I would caution against using out-of-game timing reasons as rationale to wonder about night length, that's very WIFOM. (Civil War wasn't bad, though I didn't like it as much as other Marvel movies.) CPig could have wandered off after posting the day end, or something like that. :shrug: I was here for a bit after hammer - like I said I didn't leave till a bit after 5.

P.S. If you don't know what WIFOM means: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima posted:

Whoops, should have preview edited.

I hammered because the way things were shaping up, it looked like MMT had wandered off (I know her internet access is a bit sporadic - but apparently she was typing a post, oops) and Kashuno was settling into a stubborn posture. You and MMT already had votes on AR and obviously he wasn't going to vote himself, so I figured we weren't going to make much more progress than we had. It was a good day - everyone had already contributed heavily to the discussion. (Hammering was also part of pushing myself for this game, I tend to be very hammer-shy and it's gotten me in trouble in previous games.)

I agree with you that I'm not sure about the rationale behind the Kash kill, though I wonder if it's an attempt to frame the two of us. He was very blatant about thinking we were at the top of his scum list at the end of the last day, so it throws suspicion on 2 of the 3 people left going into lylo.

Also lastly I would caution against using out-of-game timing reasons as rationale to wonder about night length, that's very WIFOM. (Civil War wasn't bad, though I didn't like it as much as other Marvel movies.) CPig could have wandered off after posting the day end, or something like that. :shrug: I was here for a bit after hammer - like I said I didn't leave till a bit after 5.

P.S. If you don't know what WIFOM means: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

Yeah I kinda meant the whole movie thing was entirely circumstantial. It just fit too well.

Honestly I am also leaning towards MMT being the last scum.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'm absolutely waiting for MMT before I vote anything, but while I have you here I'd like to hear what you think

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've actually gotta go to bed, it's way late for me on a weeknight and my wife is making sad noises from the bed. :) I'll be around all day tomorrow and will review my current thinking on each of you.

Good night!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima posted:

I've actually gotta go to bed, it's way late for me on a weeknight and my wife is making sad noises from the bed. :) I'll be around all day tomorrow and will review my current thinking on each of you.

Good night!

Alright. I should have gone to sleep over 2 hours ago but I can't sleep so I'm working on my mafia game

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Before I reveal night action stuff, are you both claiming Vanilla?

I love three-player Mafia :j: I'm just getting home and getting stoked for a major reread of the game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

While you're on the topic, can you describe what "Mafia Dadding" is? :crossarms:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Before I reveal night action stuff, are you both claiming Vanilla?

I love three-player Mafia :j: I'm just getting home and getting stoked for a major reread of the game.

I'm claiming VT yes. My flavor commercial is that I am the Villages. Boring resort for old people to retire to.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

For those curious, I'm just scanning through the game and asking questions about things I find suspicious. You guys are more than welcome to do the same for me.

I'm all in favor of agreeing not to vote until it's clear where we all stand. :siren:

Podima posted:

The parentheses part of Pod's post is raising red flags. If we assume a town Pod, there are two possible answers:

[1] "I was watching Kash and saw Glowku visit him"
[2] "I didn't see anyone visit Kash (either because I didn't visit him or because of a ninja)

If I give answer [1], it means I'm either town telling the truth, or scum lying. And if I give answer [2], it means I'm either town telling the truth, or scum lying. There isn't really any value added by trying to get an answer to my night result, which makes me think that Podima's motive in asking that question was strictly to appear townie.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm all in favor of agreeing not to vote until it's clear where we all stand. :siren:

I already know who I'm voting for :ducksiren: but I'm in favor of waiting as well

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Honestly much like the CC vote I'm not changing my mind. I'm rock solid on this one.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

Honestly much like the CC vote I'm not changing my mind. I'm rock solid on this one.

Assuming you're town (and I think you are), I would very much ask that you at least give me the benefit of the doubt and go into this last day with an open mind. Hell, I would prefer it if you look over things and try and case us because the game essentially hinges on it.

CCKeane posted:

MMT came in swinging and I like that.

##vote Glowku

This is a bad vote.

Glowku: does it bother you at all that Keane made this post when there was early pressure mounting on Pod?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel scum vibes from this post as well - I feel like Keane is responding to other people to give the impression of being engaged but he isn't really being all that proactive at sharing an opinion.

CCKeane posted:

This is PRETTY WEIRD in close proximity and Kash's initial reaction was:

This doesn't fit and feels like Kash is trying to ~~~feel out~~~ the thread. He was also coming after MMT pretty strongly at the beginning. So he'd be my best guess ATM.

Thank you I hope you all feel blessed to have a Keane case made. for you.

Murmur Twin posted:

Is it me or is that a bunch of words that don't actually mean anything? There isn't anything weird to me about what he quoted from Kash and I don't understand what the implication is supposed to be.

##vote Keane

These posts all happened relatively close together and I would very much encourage Glowku to verify click the links in the quotes and read them over to verify that I'm telling the truth on this. I brought up Keane's name out of nowhere and pushed him until he was lynched!

This is how Podima characterizes it:

Podima posted:

D2:
MMT started pushing Keane after starting on AR (maybe because it wasn't picking up enough steam? leaving options open?) but notably never called him scum - that vote could have been refluffed as a prod-vote if needed.

Glowku - do you at least acknowledge that I was involved in the Keane lynch and was clear that I thought he was scummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

With my soon to be dying breath I curse Murmur Twin and Podima.

<3 Kashuno

:j:

• Locked thread