Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

I'd buy it, but didn't AR also give his YPM read after YPM died? Also isn't AR way relatively new?

I feel scum vibes from this post as well - I feel like Keane is responding to other people to give the impression of being engaged but he isn't really being all that proactive at sharing an opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I agree with MMT

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel scum vibes from this post as well - I feel like Keane is responding to other people to give the impression of being engaged but he isn't really being all that proactive at sharing an opinion.

This actually makes a lot of sense, he kinda skated through day 1 the same way.

##vote cckeane

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

MMT I'm sorry I voted for you I was just trying to be dramatic. I really do think cc is scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mayor Glowku posted:

This actually makes a lot of sense, he kinda skated through day 1 the same way.

##vote cckeane

glowku why are you so all over the place

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

glowku why are you so all over the place

I'm about to show you all over the place

:vomarine:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

Busy day, eat my poo poo, etc. etc.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Busy day, eat my poo poo, etc. etc.

Good defense

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Sure. I decided to take a look at people who seemed to be all over the place first, and we can see that MMT and Glowku look to be all over the board. They were throwing votes at whatever seemed to stick. I didn't even go back and read d1 content at the time, as stated in my post here:

Of the players on the vote, YPM is cleared and I have a town vibe from Podima. This leaves MMT, Glowku, and AA. As stated above, I decided to start with people who were all over the place.

We see that Podima had started to say let's lynch a lurker, which is fine in and of itself. MMT votes Glowku in one post, goes to AA in the next, and then settles in on a lurker lynch. Glowku, meanwhile, does not have a serious vote in all of d1. I felt that it was suspicious how they seemed to work well in tandem, choosing BK as the lurker of choice to go afer.

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I'm not voting MMT right now and don't plan on voting her for the time being, even though I feel like the claim timing was strange. AR meanwhile was really self conscious about my post.

This is PRETTY WEIRD in close proximity and Kash's initial reaction was:

Kashuno posted:

It's a really weird time for MMT to claim. I don't really know what to make of it yet.

This doesn't fit and feels like Kash is trying to ~~~feel out~~~ the thread. He was also coming after MMT pretty strongly at the beginning. So he'd be my best guess ATM.

Thank you I hope you all feel blessed to have a Keane case made. for you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Kash

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

CCKeane posted:

This doesn't fit and feels like Kash is trying to ~~~feel out~~~ the thread. He was also coming after MMT pretty strongly at the beginning. So he'd be my best guess ATM.

Is it me or is that a bunch of words that don't actually mean anything? There isn't anything weird to me about what he quoted from Kash and I don't understand what the implication is supposed to be.

##vote Keane

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Is it me or is that a bunch of words that don't actually mean anything? There isn't anything weird to me about what he quoted from Kash and I don't understand what the implication is supposed to be.

##vote Keane

Welcome to most of his posts

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey folks, 4.5 hours to deadline. I have work meetings this morning but should be around from T-2h onwards. Not putting a vote down till I have a chance to reread, but I'll be here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Keane

Ugh, come on, I lost a job opportunity thanks to fuckery and I still have a poo poo ton of posts.

It's pretty clear that I'm saying that I think Kash is scummy because of his reaction to your claim. He claim in swinging at the beginning of the day because he thought you were the weakest candidate, and when you claimed he posted something that can clearly go both ways with the intention of being able to go with the flow of the thread. Later on he brings up again his suspicions of you, but then immediately dismisses them. This also sets him up for being able to ride either way.

I'd ALSO point out that you, personally, have consistently terrible reads of me and think I am scum regardless of alignment, and I am cranky and consistently working off of a few hours of sleep and I just want to throw my hands in the AI and point to darkest dungeon, where I was the un-CCed cop with a scum result not in lylo and you still called me scum and voted me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I looked over AR and whatever, he's not great but he's not the worst.

I'm sticking with my Kash case and I'd throw out Glowku as a possibility, as he is pretty much going with any case that gets put forth and is generally being a nuisance.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I looked over AR and whatever, he's not great but he's not the worst.

I'm sticking with my Kash case and I'd throw out Glowku as a possibility, as he is pretty much going with any case that gets put forth and is generally being a nuisance.

Say that to my face and not online tough guy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

Say that to my face and not online tough guy

I would never look at your face, you're safe.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I would never look at your face, you're safe.

:supaburn:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

idgi. Like I was suspicious of MMT, thne MMT claimed, and I was hesitant to vote, and as time passed I decided I wasn't going to vote her. How is that not logical?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think that statement makes Keane scum although they are acting kinda like they did last time I saw them be scum, I'm not confident enough in a meta read d2 to vote them.

Deadline in 3 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

idgi. Like I was suspicious of MMT, thne MMT claimed, and I was hesitant to vote, and as time passed I decided I wasn't going to vote her. How is that not logical?

Because it is hedging your bets. If MMT was getting pressure I don't doubt that you would be more than happy to vote her.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Because it is hedging your bets. If MMT was getting pressure I don't doubt that you would be more than happy to vote her.

I doubt it. While her claim is suspect and definitely doesn't clear her in the long term, I'm not comfortable with the uncontested counter claim. However, if she has no results tomorrow then we can revisit.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Do we seriously have a noon deadline that's so!e poo poo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean keep in mind right now I'm voting for someone who has no pressure besides me on them, and I'm even defending the person who is at -2 with me when I could easily just build pressure on you instead.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Oh man I almost forgot I was in this one.

Two people at - 2, and one of them is Kashuno? You're a lucky man CC.

##vote: kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Oh man I almost forgot I was in this one.

Two people at - 2, and one of them is Kashuno? You're a lucky man CC.

##vote: kashuno

Do you have a reason?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

Do you have a reason?

I read over both your sets of posts, and I believe him over you for town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

I read over both your sets of posts, and I believe him over you for town.

It's not an either/or sccenario.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

It's not an either/or sccenario.

With two hours to deadline, you'd best believe it is.

Not that I can't be convinced. What's your strongest case?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

With two hours to deadline, you'd best believe it is.

Not that I can't be convinced. What's your strongest case?

My case is against you so I don't think you'll be interested in listening

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

You'd be surprised what I'd be interested in.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
OK catching up now.

Kashuno posted:

Did you ever actually post this case? I only remember you looking at AA, MMT, and Glowku before.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

I'm voting absurd because they didn't vote MMT after saying they were scum, but the second I mention that it's pretty scummy the way people are doing exactly that, they self consciously vote.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Except I answered for that and you never responded.

I said that I didn't see a reason to vote so far from deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Except I answered for that and you never responded.

I said that I didn't see a reason to vote so far from deadline.

That's not really an acceptable response to me. Like I can see if you were the hammer, or even putting her at -1, but you weren't. We have 24 hour days, and they were not in immediate danger of being lynched. It feels, to me, like you were trying to avoid really putting pressure down but also keeping the option open. That way, when they flip town you can back out of it and try to play it down.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh right I remember that now, I agree with you on that being scummy. (preview edit: yep)

I'm getting pulled into work garbage, but right now my thinking is I'm ok to let the weirdness between MMT and Kash sit till tomorrow and see what results (or lack thereof) develop. For MMT, I'm not going to vote an uncounterclaimed watcher without seeing at least a second day of results. Meanwhile, I think Keane's points on Kash's hedging are valid, and I've already expressed my concerns over how Kash is approaching this game - but he's not the scummiest candidate by far.

On that note, Glowku is skating by and me-tooing others' reads instead of making a single original read or call of his own - it feels like newbie scum being coached to not lurk, and relying on shitposting to get by. I'd vote him or AR at this point - AR is also doing the whole 'convince me!' thing rather than participating, which screams as fake. He was also laying low in this game after he caught a lot of heat early in the day from the push on MMT.

Remember, just because people are vote leaders right now doesn't lock us into lynching either of them - we have 1.5 hours left but it's few enough people to lynch that we should be able to move a vote if needed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Here and reading, but busy at work. I like my vote on Kash, but I'll decide wuth certainty ASAP.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
glowku is not new anymore people need to stop using that excuse

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Podima posted:

Oh right I remember that now, I agree with you on that being scummy. (preview edit: yep)

I'm getting pulled into work garbage, but right now my thinking is I'm ok to let the weirdness between MMT and Kash sit till tomorrow and see what results (or lack thereof) develop. For MMT, I'm not going to vote an uncounterclaimed watcher without seeing at least a second day of results. Meanwhile, I think Keane's points on Kash's hedging are valid, and I've already expressed my concerns over how Kash is approaching this game - but he's not the scummiest candidate by far.

On that note, Glowku is skating by and me-tooing others' reads instead of making a single original read or call of his own - it feels like newbie scum being coached to not lurk, and relying on shitposting to get by. I'd vote him or AR at this point - AR is also doing the whole 'convince me!' thing rather than participating, which screams as fake. He was also laying low in this game after he caught a lot of heat early in the day from the push on MMT.

Remember, just because people are vote leaders right now doesn't lock us into lynching either of them - we have 1.5 hours left but it's few enough people to lynch that we should be able to move a vote if needed.

I don't rely on shitposting. I have a physical need to poo poo post. I'm sticking with my cc vote he seems scummy and got agitated when people voted for him. Though that could a tribute to being town and not wanting to get lynched but I think he's scum. No skating by here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

glowku is not new anymore people need to stop using that excuse

I'm fairly certain he hasn't flipped scum in any games yet, that's what I mean. Scum play is different from town play. :shobon:

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm sticking with my cc vote he seems scummy and got agitated when people voted for him. Though that could a tribute to being town and not wanting to get lynched but I think he's scum. No skating by here.

Also I don't like this doubling-down from Glowku that STILL hedges against Keane like he knows he'll flip town.

• Locked thread