Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Okay the whole P mach thing that made me feel weird is that she just seemed helpful/asking decent questions and in discussion but didn't attempt getting her hands dirty which seems like a safe scum thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kashuno posted:

It's this one

Why are you so sure about this, Kash :raise:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Izzhov posted:

That said there's only a little over 4 hours left and I just came back from my meeting and P Mach is nowhere to be found so:

##vote Propaganda Machine

This is an absolutely terrible vote. Have you mentioned PMach at all beyond the throwaway mention in the giant sentence casing me?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
But there are also a lot of people that feel uneasy towards her, which is throwing me off a bit too. Something seems off about it.

Also yeah, I have no real opinion on Azuth's alignment other than I don't want him in the game late game so

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Quidnose posted:

This is an absolutely terrible vote. Have you mentioned PMach at all beyond the throwaway mention in the giant sentence casing me?

Yep right here:

Izzhov posted:

Yeah I'm really starting to come around to the idea that AR just got super fuckin flustered from inf's steamroll. Lotta hot tempers itt

At this point I'd lean more towards p mach for the ridiculous hedging in the post Kash quoted.

And I'm not actually sure I want to clinch her, but we're running out of time and she's not responding to the thread at all. We have to clinch today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dude, every single vote on PMach is absolutely terrible. This game has lurker removal mechanics. A D1 Lurker cuddle is the wrong choice, 100%.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidnose posted:

You're not going to like this one then..

##vote PMach

I'm catching up now and re-read her first and agree with the point people are making that while she's making posts, they don't seem to be about who she thinks the scums are.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I really want to know what that Pokemon gambit was about

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Quidnose posted:

Dude, every single vote on PMach is absolutely terrible. This game has lurker removal mechanics. A D1 Lurker cuddle is the wrong choice, 100%.

Nope P Mach has above the post minimum

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS

Izzhov posted:

Yep right here:

And I'm not actually sure I want to clinch her, but we're running out of time and she's not responding to the thread at all. We have to clench today.

FTFY

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Appreciate it

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What do we get from cuddling PMach, information-wise? Please someone inform me what connections can be inferred from her posting and opinions.

This is a scummy push.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Quidnose posted:

The mechanics are not nearly as strict as you seem to think. Scum and non-contributors are perfectly capable of meeting the post requirements without too much effort.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

The mechanics are not nearly as strict as you seem to think. Scum and non-contributors are perfectly capable of meeting the post requirements without too much effort.

Yeah, and on D2 and D3 it'll be really obvious who is barely contributing in order to make sure they don't get cuddled. On a D1 where most people are returning to the thread and finding themselves overwhelmed by the amount of posts, this is the wrong call.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Especially when there are tons of people who have been ACTIVELY BEING SCUMMY in thread, multiple times. You gonna off PMach for a single questionable post when Kashuno has been making GBS threads himself with fake content and having zero backbone about any of his cases? Are you loving with me right now?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
That is a better argument that what you've articulated previously and I do see your point.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Quidnose I agree with everything you're saying but how likely do you think we'll be to get a successful push for someone else in the <4 hours remaining?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Izzhov posted:

Aww you're just pissy that ganny and I trounced you so thoroughly in SirSam's game ;O

lol

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Especially when there are tons of people who have been ACTIVELY BEING SCUMMY in thread, multiple times. You gonna off PMach for a single questionable post when Kashuno has been making GBS threads himself with fake content and having zero backbone about any of his cases? Are you loving with me right now?

kashuno cried though so even if he is scum he at least deserves to get past day 1 this game for a good effort

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Izzhov posted:

Quidnose I agree with everything you're saying but how likely do you think we'll be to get a successful push for someone else in the <4 hours remaining?

Four hours is an eternity, vote-wise. Lurker lynches are universally silly and bad.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

We have three freaking hours and people are getting off work or whatever, why the hell are we freaking out about locking in a cuddle, mein gott

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

dongsbot 9000 posted:

kashuno cried though so even if he is scum he at least deserves to get past day 1 this game for a good effort

Yeah this is some crap, he's getting away with murder here

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Quidnose posted:

We have three freaking hours and people are getting off work or whatever, why the hell are we freaking out about locking in a cuddle, mein gott

blame jimson and his obsession with it

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

HiipFire posted:

blame jimson and his obsession with it

Nice deflection hiip

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

please claim your character

i am C

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

izzhov is clearly F, the jewess of the group

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

please claim your character

i am C

I am Q

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

kashuno's not in the picture cuz he went upstairs to cry but when he comes downstairs tomorrow we can hang him

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

kashuno's not in the picture cuz he went upstairs to cry but when he comes downstairs tomorrow we can hang him

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

zzyzx posted:

Four hours is an eternity, vote-wise. Lurker lynches are universally silly and bad.

Wrong because they have just a good a chance to be scum. I mean picking a for sure future modkill is stupid, but there is about 6-7 posters that are "active" enough not to be defined as a lurker but are in the sense that they aren't getting into discussion and throwing opinions around.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
P I want that drink

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i bet you want the dink

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Failing to day 1 clinch is a sore subject for me because I correctly rooted a scum Day1 in the last game I was in and we couldn't get enough votes for the clinch

I'll leave my vote for now but will unvote if it starts to look like PM is in danger of being clinched more than 2 hours before deadline

In the meantime I want to hear some of the people on this train explain why they think PM is a better vote than Kashuno

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

mafia edit: donk

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

mafier edit: dong
:wink:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Izzhov posted:

Failing to day 1 clinch is a sore subject for me because I correctly rooted a scum Day1 in the last game I was in and we couldn't get enough votes for the clinch

I'll leave my vote for now but will unvote if it starts to look like PM is in danger of being clinched more than 2 hours before deadline

In the meantime I want to hear some of the people on this train explain why they think PM is a better vote than Kashuno

hi i'm izzhov i want to avoid a day 1 nolynch so i'm going to unvote if it looks like someone's going to get day 1 lynched because i'm really good at this game

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

izzhov is clearly F, the jewess of the group

Nah I'm I all Schrute-in' up the place from the back row

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

hi i'm izzhov i want to avoid a day 1 nolynch so i'm going to unvote if it looks like someone's going to get day 1 lynched because i'm really good at this game

You missed the 2 hours part. I'll revote if it gets within 2 hours

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
dongsbot please explain why PM is a better vote than Kashuno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Izzhov posted:

...you need people to convince you why you should vote for the person you're currently voting for?

• Locked thread