Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I guess the question is can you get a similar yield of actions over the same amount of Mana (and thus real time)?

Does the training significantly reduce the Mana cost and increase the yield of monsters/dungeons? Are you picking locks and questing as well? While those actions do yield more Mana with better stats they also just take a huge amount of time to get they yield. Are you better served by just training combat and farming completions on monsters, etc to improve those actions?

An 80k Mana run is almost a half hour long. I'm curious what your goal for a super long loop like that is? Is most of it spent in the forest? I'm pushing up to where I can hit the forest without doing locks and quests, so I need to test if it's better to get there as quickly as possible or to do super long loops with locks and quests to maximize stats and Mana to get the most forest activity possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I guess the question is can you get a similar yield of actions over the same amount of Mana (and thus real time)?

Does the training significantly reduce the Mana cost and increase the yield of monsters/dungeons? Are you picking locks and questing as well? While those actions do yield more Mana with better stats they also just take a huge amount of time to get they yield. Are you better served by just training combat and farming completions on monsters, etc to improve those actions?

An 80k Mana run is almost a half hour long. I'm curious what your goal for a super long loop like that is? Is most of it spent in the forest? I'm pushing up to where I can hit the forest without doing locks and quests, so I need to test if it's better to get there as quickly as possible or to do super long loops with locks and quests to maximize stats and Mana to get the most forest activity possible.

Longer loops are better for several reasons, soul stones and Talent increase XP gain for skills. Skill XP resets each loop. By the end I'm currently spending about 33% of the listed mana price on average. This means I get 3 times as much out of each visit to the forest. My current forest looks like this

I can probably get rid of some of the training, I was leveling the talent over night, it significantly helped get it up so that by the time the dungeon comes the skill is that much better even without training in that run.

Don't forget training doesn't just get 4x talent XP, it gives 4x skill XP.

I'm a bit behind on forest because my save exploded when forest came out(NaN talents, making it do nothing), and had to get it fixed.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 18, 2018

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
NGU: How the hell do you even begin to approach UGG? I've got the thing you need to not get gibbed, but even with a full Mega Lands set and 3600 levels in both advanced trainings I can't even begin to scratch him. Do I just need an absolute ton of Iron Pill casts and Fruits of Adventure? He's oneshotting me on his third attack, I'm at 354k Power, 213k Toughness.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Magres posted:

NGU: How the hell do you even begin to approach UGG? I've got the thing you need to not get gibbed, but even with a full Mega Lands set and 3600 levels in both advanced trainings I can't even begin to scratch him. Do I just need an absolute ton of Iron Pill casts and Fruits of Adventure? He's oneshotting me on his third attack, I'm at 354k Power, 213k Toughness.

Did you get the ring of apathy?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Magres posted:

What's your Adventure NGU number at? I don't remember exactly when, but you will have to go beyond the point of diminishing returns to make the later zones and Titans realistic. Keep going with the Advance training and make sure you have the King Circle's Amulet equipped.

In other NGU content, here's where my magic NGUs ended up with leaving it on for a while and rebirthing without looking.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Magres posted:

You need to get the ring to level 100, it's reducing his enrage by the rings level in percentage, so a level 100 ring makes his rage do nothing. Even a level 99 ring needs extremely high stats. If I remember correctly 2 shotting was around the mid 80s or low 90s. It's just not worth attempting until it's 100.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Magres posted:

There was a post on the kong forums with some recommended stats but i think it's around 500k/300k. Yeah adventure fruits and iron pills help push you up, but don't forget accessories. Paperweight, spooky ring, and the cube all have raw power/toughness. Don't waste XP on adventure stats because energy = stats in the form of advanced training.

Go back and do all 25 basic challenges if you haven't yet, you absolutely need that boost. It's worth it to spend an extra day on advanced training to kill UGG once to open beards. You're close enough, assuming you have a max level ring of apathy.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

There was a post on the kong forums with some recommended stats but i think it's around 500k/300k. Yeah adventure fruits and iron pills help push you up, but don't forget accessories. Paperweight, spooky ring, and the cube all have raw power/toughness. Don't waste XP on adventure stats because energy = stats in the form of advanced training.

Go back and do all 25 basic challenges if you haven't yet, you absolutely need that boost. It's worth it to spend an extra day on advanced training to kill UGG once to open beards. You're close enough, assuming you have a max level ring of apathy.

Don't forget to pump the crap out of adv training. Often when you go after a new titan it's worth doing a few 1-2 day long runs so you can get (and keep) 10,000 or more advanced training. I want to say it's around 330% stats but it's somewhere between 300 and 400%. It makes a massive difference, don't just stop at 100% when diminishing returns kicks in, the gear the titan drops will help you lower the adv training you need.

UUG's drop rate is insanely low though, I'd say he's not worth worrying about but beards are super good, and the adventure beard will let you keep him on auto kill in no time.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Base 0.66% for each ring. Kill him once to unlock beards then don't worry about it until you can autokill.

The BEARd is really slow to level but it makes a huge difference because it's a multiplicative bonus. It will help you push towards the autokill threshold. Really every beard is awesome and they all deserve your attention. Maybe save beard cage and ladybeard for last because their bonuses are smaller.

PSA: you can still cash in stupid GameStop points for Kreds, which is why Something got another 5 bucks from me!

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 18, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Base 0.66% for each ring. Kill him once to unlock beards then don't worry about it until you can autokill.

The BEARd is really slow to level but it makes a huge difference because it's a multiplicative bonus. It will help you push towards the autokill threshold. Really every beard is awesome and they all deserve your attention. Maybe save beard cage and ladybeard for last because their bonuses are smaller.

Wandoos is bonus is fantastic. If you can splash some cash the extra beard slots are worth it, and the money goes to a goon attempting to make a living doing his dream. Something: If you make it really big you could really sell out and write a rags to riches story and really sell out.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Revenue update!!!!!!!!!! :homebrew: :homebrew: :homebrew:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Well, due to a lot of requests I'm adding another page of inventory available for AP. We'll see what happens there!

For those wondering, the price won't keep rising, I've capped it at 10K AP per inv slot. You should be able to grab a new slot every couple days with average earnings.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Idle Loops :

Just open my save from last night and the new "Buy Glasses" keeps failing the action. What am I missing?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ScottyJSno posted:

Idle Loops :

Just open my save from last night and the new "Buy Glasses" keeps failing the action. What am I missing?

Patch .68 is a little buggy. Give it a couple hours.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Did you get the ring of apathy?

Yeah, I just didn't realize you have to max it out. :rip:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Antimatter Dimensions just updated with a lot of post e1300 EP content, including time dilation.

https://ivark.github.io/

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

Well, due to a lot of requests I'm adding another page of inventory available for AP. We'll see what happens there!

For those wondering, the price won't keep rising, I've capped it at 10K AP per inv slot. You should be able to grab a new slot every couple days with average earnings.

Are people trying to overnight ascended pendants in Mega / Beard or something? It takes about 20 minutes to fill at the current rate (which I think is kind of good). I'm just not sure what I'd do with more inventory. I'm sure I'd think of something.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Teddybear posted:

Antimatter Dimensions just updated with a lot of post e1300 EP content, including time dilation.

My body is ready.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

ScottyJSno posted:

Idle Loops :

I figured it out Glasses cost 10 gold and 50 mana. The gold is not in the tool tip.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Nibble posted:

My body is ready.

While you were away,
time shards increased 30.6 orders of magnitude,
you infinitied 129767391 times.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm trying Antimatter Dimensions and I'm just buying the stuff that I can buy and reducing the tick and hoping it'll make sense at some point.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, I know Soulstones were probably overpowered before, but this nerf feels like an incredibly severe overcorrection.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

"While you were away, you infinitied 143 times."

I guess I called it quits at about 10 million EPs last time.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ScottyJSno posted:

I figured it out Glasses cost 10 gold and 50 mana. The gold is not in the tool tip.

I thought I jumped on this game quick but apparently I'm already days behind.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

ScottyJSno posted:

If it didn't say before, it does now. It's a bit obscured in the flavor text though.

Not sure its worthwhile if you don't have Wandering maxed or not. Mentally running a route with it in takes so long that I think just Wandering with nothing else is more worthwhile.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Teddybear posted:

They nerfed I heard you like infinities >:|

Also for the love of christ he mentions nick cage like 3 times in the patch notes

I've finished 4 of the ECs, am halfway through on average the next 4, and am just waiting for that sweet sweet 1% of average IP per tick, about 60 theorems away.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

MisterOblivious posted:

I thought I jumped on this game quick but apparently I'm already days behind.

The game (Idle Loop) has been out for about a month now. The dev never publicly posted it was just listed on their site as a new project. It was posted in NGU discord and probably where the older save files come from. The dev (stopsign) was confused by the sudden rush of people trying to track him down and make bug reports. I have a feeling if NGU discord hasn't been so active the game would have stayed in development for a few more months before being announced. It feels very early still.

He's the same guy that made nanospread.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, I know Soulstones were probably overpowered before, but this nerf feels like an incredibly severe overcorrection.

incremental_games.txt

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Samuringa posted:

I'm trying Antimatter Dimensions and I'm just buying the stuff that I can buy and reducing the tick and hoping it'll make sense at some point.

That's basically it at the start. Just know that galaxies might not sound like much on paper but they're very powerful, especially stacked with each other. The first one you get is a nice little boost, the second one blows the game wide open.

Eldercain posted:

I've finished 4 of the ECs, am halfway through on average the next 4, and am just waiting for that sweet sweet 1% of average IP per tick, about 60 theorems away.

That boost is so good, it really changes everything.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Speaking of idle loops, I was really close to getting to be able to go to the next zone, and then I guess I had an old version and my skills were nerfed, so I need to grind a little more! Argh!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Dragongem posted:

Speaking of idle loops, I was really close to getting to be able to go to the next zone, and then I guess I had an old version and my skills were nerfed, so I need to grind a little more! Argh!

Soul stones were changed a bit so they have some diminishing returns, getting one only decreases the percentage by 2% instead of 10% now though. It was a little crazy how many you could start racking up and it being accessible that early didn't bode well for the long term health of the game.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pixaal posted:

Soul stones were changed a bit so they have some diminishing returns, getting one only decreases the percentage by 2% instead of 10% now though. It was a little crazy how many you could start racking up and it being accessible that early didn't bode well for the long term health of the game.

Are you on 0.69? The changelog said it nerfed the soulstone nerfed (which I understood to mean reverting a nerf)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Devor posted:

Are you on 0.69? The changelog said it nerfed the soulstone nerfed (which I understood to mean reverting a nerf)

I am, and no it's not revered I went from 0.66 to 0.69 and currently trying to make my loop work, I have smash pots and locks worked out, just getting short and long quests with strength training to work. The rest is going to just be adjusting how much I do certain things. I have a feeling it's not going to be profitable to do 15 fights anymore.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

New version of Idle Loops ate my save, dammit. Oh well...

e: I guess the dev just guesses at what will be time-efficient rather than spending a second on mathing things out, if glasses were 5x efficient they'd still be slower but by an amount that's slightly more plausible to overcome in time to not have gotten wandering to 100% anyway.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 19, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

pixaal posted:

Soul stones were changed a bit so they have some diminishing returns, getting one only decreases the percentage by 2% instead of 10% now though.

And in return it takes 10x as much mana to generate even a fraction of a percent back. It's become way more of a tedious slog to get to just run the dungeon enough to make any tangible difference.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

New version of Idle Loops ate my save, dammit. Oh well...

Try refreshing, there is an export option, and you should use it in every idle game, because saves breaking tends to be pretty common in the genre.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Devor posted:

Uh, the nerf appears to be a stronger nerf so as usual, his choice of wording lacks something to be desired.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sage Grimm posted:

Uh, the nerf appears to be a stronger nerf so as usual, his choice of wording lacks something to be desired.

No.

With 40 stones:
  • .67 - +400%
  • .68 - +72%
  • .69 - +191%

Toshimo fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 19, 2018

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It still sucks, though, and the dev is trying to balance around 2-3 players who got extreme stats a month ago before several rounds of nerfs made that impossible.

He seems a nice enough guy, but he's missing a lot on the math and design side, so I'm gonna shelve this one because it's become actively unfun rather quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Clearly my choice of wording was also poor! I meant the quote I was referencing assumed that it was a rollback from the first nerf which I didn't agree with.

And then as you mathematically pointed out, it's much, much worse than I imagined.