Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Winter's upgrades and spell are pretty good in combo with the Faceless too. Ridiculous is more fun anyway!

By the time I get to faceless, the event will probably be over :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just broke the boundary for Resurrections and am gonna hit that button when I get home :3:

Do you abdicate first and then resurrect, or can you just resurrect and be fine

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Infiroad owned and was everything clicker heroes was not. My idle game tabs are slowly dwindling in number as I get tired of the samey grinds in the long ones

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Captain Foo posted:

I just broke the boundary for Resurrections and am gonna hit that button when I get home :3:

Do you abdicate first and then resurrect, or can you just resurrect and be fine

If you mean you got 1 octillion gems or whatever hanging out on the blue abdication button, then you have to abdicate first before you can reincarnate. If you mean you already got however many gems in hand you can reincarnate whenever you're ready. Speaking of which, you should know that reincarnating resets your gems to 0 so if you have something you want to do before having to rebuild your haul you better hold off on reincarnating until you've done it.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I've been playing Shark Game here at work for a few weeks now. This is the best. I am a great shark, I tell dolphins to gently caress off, I'm friends with all the crabs and rays, goddamn.

My ancestors are rad as gently caress.

Shark Game is legit the best.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

If you mean you got 1 octillion gems or whatever hanging out on the blue abdication button, then you have to abdicate first before you can reincarnate. If you mean you already got however many gems in hand you can reincarnate whenever you're ready. Speaking of which, you should know that reincarnating resets your gems to 0 so if you have something you want to do before having to rebuild your haul you better hold off on reincarnating until you've done it.

I have 1 octillion+ right now, I'm wondering if there are any benefits to having higher gems when reincarnating and if so do I need to abdicate first to lock those in

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Foo posted:

I have 1 octillion+ right now, I'm wondering if there are any benefits to having higher gems when reincarnating and if so do I need to abdicate first to lock those in

No benefit

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It could unlock a trophy, but that's about it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife got me to start playing Clicker Heroes and join her guild. As an avid fan of making numbers go up, I am enjoying this game.

They just released Transendence last week which is basically a super-Ascension. It takes many regular Ascensions to make one good Transendence. The bonuses from it are pretty bonkers, especially one that gives a global percent bonus to all other idle bonuses, so it makes your future ascension cycles much faster.

Also that shark game is pretty awesome.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I might try to get back into Shark Game. I played it for a while, then dropped away and forgot all about it, then came back and had no idea what the gently caress was going on. Maybe I'll just reset the save.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Teddybear posted:

I might try to get back into Shark Game. I played it for a while, then dropped away and forgot all about it, then came back and had no idea what the gently caress was going on. Maybe I'll just reset the save.

I played it a while ago and had no idea what the gently caress was going on even then.
The first planet is fine but then you prestige and suddenly you have all kinds of weird resources and no idea how they work together and it all seems a bit random and hectic.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Winter's upgrades and spell are pretty good in combo with the Faceless too. Ridiculous is more fun anyway!

They're great even on their own. I just got the 3rd Winter upgrade and now the Hailstorm spell lasts for 4 minutes and ticks up to like 200,000%.

Just need to wait for a full stack of flame orbs for the feat and I can switch to Summer.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh hell, this is going to get weird, isn't it?

:getin:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

DizzyBum posted:

Oh hell, this is going to get weird, isn't it?

:getin:

That strange blue sea comes in about 8 different flavors, from what I have seen so far.

As you "reset", different worlds can play differently. I had one where I had to manage my income against an ever-increasing amount of sludge that would start killing off all of my units. I'd get to a good position and then suddenly realize the production unit I just bought tipped the scale and now hundreds of sharks are eating it each second.

They can also be beneficial, like innate resource gains, and some have different resources than others. There hasn't been too much to grasp, and when I get confused, the Grotto helps break it all down.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cirral come back and make that Shark Game 2 you teased us with.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm trying to find a link to Infiniroad in the thread and not finding anything. Google's not turning up anything either. Could someone post a link to it?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

that's cuz it's just infiroad, here: http://drafly.nazo.cc/infiroad/

don't worry its english

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Came back to Realm Grinder because of the event. I've nearly reached Ascension. Do I need to do that long archwizard build run thing before ascending, or am I safe to ascend?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you. Now I got some Realm Grinder questions

1) I've taken the summer alliance and bought one upgrade. If I abdicate/reincarnate do I have to buy them again? Do I keep all my orbs? Should I just wait until I've bought all three summer upgrades so I can get the feat?

2) How does scrying work? It's never worked once for me. Turned off my adblockers and all that, and the ad never plays. Any idea what's going on with it?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TTBF posted:

1) I've taken the summer alliance and bought one upgrade. If I abdicate/reincarnate do I have to buy them again? Do I keep all my orbs? Should I just wait until I've bought all three summer upgrades so I can get the feat?

2) How does scrying work? It's never worked once for me. Turned off my adblockers and all that, and the ad never plays. Any idea what's going on with it?

1) Your orbs are still gone, but any alliance or upgrade you've already bought with orbs is free after any abdications/reincarnations.

2) Your experience is the same as mine.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TTBF posted:

Sometimes the ads are just straight broken and refuse to work, and since it tends to select the same ad for you over a certain period of time you're just poo poo out of luck. Normally it plays a 20second ad and then tells you to go back and claim your reward.

The reward for this one is good as its a free 48 orbs, 24 of each colour over a 4hr period.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

so, what's the build for beating dwarf challenge 3 (the one where you have to get 100,000 faction coins with one tax collection)?

I'm resurrection 27, feels like I definitely should have been able to unlock it by now, but I've been trying elf with elf bloodline, and I'm maxing out about 80k. Have I missed something obvious? Don't have research for dwarves yet, so can't do that, but still

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

VileLL posted:

so, what's the build for beating dwarf challenge 3 (the one where you have to get 100,000 faction coins with one tax collection)?

I'm resurrection 27, feels like I definitely should have been able to unlock it by now, but I've been trying elf with elf bloodline, and I'm maxing out about 80k. Have I missed something obvious? Don't have research for dwarves yet, so can't do that, but still

Im pretty sure it's fairy, max buildings, fairy chanting, tax collection

Edit: (so fairy bloodline too)

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
What's the max level on the Trophy relic in Infiroad? It's the only one left I don't have maxed out, and I'm debating whether or not to bother.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ProfessorProf posted:

What's the max level on the Trophy relic in Infiroad? It's the only one left I don't have maxed out, and I'm debating whether or not to bother.

It's 198. Doesn't take that long but it's not like there's anything interesting that happens after you max it, either.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Meskhenet posted:

Im pretty sure it's fairy, max buildings, fairy chanting, tax collection

Edit: (so fairy bloodline too)

ahh, that worked perfectly with diamond pickaxe, thanks

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
More Realm Grinder stuff: What's the best combo with prestige factions? Just unlocked Dwarves and the combo with Angels was kinda poo poo but with Elves my gem gain exploded (especially if I can be assed to use an autoclicker for a bit).

E: Holy poo poo that Hall of Fame upgrade, just went from 650 Qi to 6 Sp gems.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 3, 2016

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Teddybear posted:

Honestly half the time I have no idea what I'm doing. After a few prestiges you realize you just make numbers go up, then figure out what ressource you have the most of and then recycle that into everything else you need for the grotto. :v:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

GrossMurpel posted:

More Realm Grinder stuff: What's the best combo with prestige factions? Just unlocked Dwarves and the combo with Angels was kinda poo poo but with Elves my gem gain exploded (especially if I can be assed to use an autoclicker for a bit).

Fairy Dwarves seemed to be the best to me.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

Xtanstic posted:

Honestly half the time I have no idea what I'm doing. After a few prestiges you realize you just make numbers go up, then figure out what ressource you have the most of and then recycle that into everything else you need for the grotto. :v:

Once I got to the point I was doing <1 minute runs I realized I had lost control of my life and stopped there. That's the endgame imo.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

GrossMurpel posted:

Are you using a solid build for your dwangels?

I have been using dwangels exclusively since that was possible (R27?) and until now at R39, and no other combination has come close to dwangel performance.
Admittedly i haven't played RG since early this year and things might have changed.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Hows the runescape idle clicker game?

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008
I'm really digging it but they are doing wipes every time they update it so I got a few days of play out of it before petering out since I know all my progress will be gone soon. It's got some neat, unique ideas for an idler especially the combat system, you can swap in and out skills at will during a fight depending on your needs -- enemies seem to have a rock/paper/scissors weakness system where you'll either do half, full, or double damage depending on if you're hitting them with melee ranged or magic. The only downside is that babysitting is built into the game as when you get enough exp to level up a skill then you will stop gaining exp until you click on that skill to actually level it up. The quest system is nice and gives you a sense of accomplishment although the dialogue is hit or miss depending on your sense of humor.

Overall I'd say it's a good game to play in the background, and it would be ideal for a phone game for sure. I didn't even look at the f2p stuff but it's only in early access so things could easily change and it could become a lot grindier, but at least early on I didn't have any trouble making progress but I can see the combat heavy quests being a bit of a slog though since you have to manually click to start each wave of enemies.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Ineptitude posted:

Are you using a solid build for your dwangels?

I have been using dwangels exclusively since that was possible (R27?) and until now at R39, and no other combination has come close to dwangel performance.
Admittedly i haven't played RG since early this year and things might have changed.

I assuming they are talking about pre-Research, where Dwairy is the best, not post-Research, where Dwangels are the best.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Klungar posted:

I assuming they are talking about pre-Research, where Dwairy is the best, not post-Research, where Dwangels are the best.

Probably. I have forgotten most of how the game was then and when you unlocked the various stuff.

Is the standalone Infiroad client safe to use? The web based one bogs down my computer something fierce.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ineptitude posted:

Probably. I have forgotten most of how the game was then and when you unlocked the various stuff.

Is the standalone Infiroad client safe to use? The web based one bogs down my computer something fierce.

yeah, it's fine.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I would say it is recommended. I decided to finally grab the standalone and it runs a 100x faster than the web version. I am more annoyed that I waited so long to grab the standalone version because I am nearly done the game.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Hows the runescape idle clicker game?

You can spend real money to make numbers go up faster. Guess the fun-level.

I don't recommend it at all and regret every minute i played.

Edit: I should mention the most fun part. The quests. Do Action X, Y times. Your actions take from 2 seconds to 12 minutes (in the beginning, didn't play much further). So either you play really passive and don't care for quests at all and finish them slooooowly or you try to juggle the the actions, having the right one active at the right time.
If you ascend you get to do all the quests again! Yay. Doing magic 5 more loving times, I can't wait!

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 5, 2016

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I'm really going to miss this event in realm grinder. Thanks to the Summeraan alliance I'm able to get the faction coins to fully upgrade any build in a few seconds. It's made cruising through my first 11 reincarnations super easy this weekend.

I guess normally you would do it using excavations? I guess I'll have to stop doing buy max on those and ration them out more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

GB_Sign posted:

I would say it is recommended. I decided to finally grab the standalone and it runs a 100x faster than the web version. I am more annoyed that I waited so long to grab the standalone version because I am nearly done the game.

This is literally true and not a figure of speech. It is insane how much faster the game is now. It took like 10 seconds to get to world 16000, which took hours on the web version.

Thanks!