Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Microcline posted:

Once you get it the recycler is generally the fastest way of getting large amounts of a given resource. You just need to find one resource that you can produce in massive quantities. The loops I remember are Fish Machine -> Fish -> Sharkonium (recycler) -> Fish Machine and Octopus Machine -> Octopus -> Clams -> Octopus resource (recycler) -> Octopus Machine. Once you set something like this up you can produce enough kelp in one go to fuel your science for the rest of the game.

The main thing you want to prioritize, moreso than being selective about type of world, is that you always go for the highest level world available to you. I think the levels on offer range from -5 to +5 relative to your current world that you're finishing (or abandoning, for that matter), and level dictates essence which dictates progress.

Beyond that, different types of worlds will call for different strategies. Havens, for example, you want to go nuts with your breeders, while Marine you want to take advantage of your major fish income, and Abandoned and Frigid you should be heavily reliant on machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Jester Mcgee posted:

How do I unlock Minedwarf in RG? It says when Diamond Pickaxe finds 30,000 faction coins, but the tooltip doesn't say that diamond pickaxe actually gets you coins, just increases your chances for coins. And on top of that, I have found millions of coins this run as Dwarves and still no unlock.

I think it may only count coins from Diamond Pickaxe via clicking (and maybe only "manual" clicking, so Moon Blessing may not work), rather than Tax Collection and/or assistants.

I didn't have any trouble getting it with autocast DP and an autoclicker on the chest. :shrug:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If you can join titans from a fresh abdication faster than you can save up the mana for lightning strike (this mostly translates to "did you buy gifts" - forget if they're still kong credits or if you buy them with rubies now), then you do have an alternative. If the forecast is proving lovely for a long time it's totally an option to abdicate, neutral, titan, buy a few different types of buildings (I don't think LS consumes any RNG numbers if it hits 0 or 1 types of buildings?), cast lightning strike, repeat. Abdication comes with a free mana refill.

However, of course, if you don't have gifts it'll almost certainly take you more time to get the coins/FCs to join titans than it would have taken to just let your mana refill after lightning strike.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I don't see what the point of keeping Farms unproductive would be. They don't get a larger bonus from Grand Balance than any other building type would, so all you really care about is making your least productive building as productive as possible. That usually meant Deep Mines ended up as my least productive.

Druid(3,1) upgrade Mabinogion:
Buildings affected by Grand Balance receive an additional bonus based on their tier, giving the best bonus to the lowest.
Formula: 1+2.5*x, where x is the building tier, starting at 1 for Halls of Legends and increasing to 11 for Farms.

Outside of that upgrade, your logic is absolutely right. But accounting for that upgrade, you'll get 21x extra from hitting a Deep Mine but 28.5x extra from hitting a Farm, thus all else being equal, you'll get 35.7% more production if you have Farms as just-barely-worst instead of Deep Mines as just-barely-worst.

Part of the issue of manipulating that is, of course, that in order to accomplish that you skip some (but not all) of the Farm upgrades, which makes it more of a pain to gently caress around with buying upgrades, is easier to screw up, and depending on how exactly the numbers pan out and how much worse a mostly-upgraded Farm is compared to a fully-upgraded Deep Mine, you might lose some or all of that benefit.

So it was never something I was inclined to gently caress around with personally, but there is valid reasoning behind it.

Also, Druidic Vocabulary from Druid(1,1) and Mathematician from a secret trophy, both offer better production to lower-tiered buildings, the lower its tier is. However, I'm pretty sure that since these are applied baseline, they're applied before determining Grand Balance targeting so it wouldn't affect this discussion.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Sindai posted:

35.7% isn't even worth caring about really. I ignored that (GB would always hit mines or stones depending on which had the most recent upgrade) and I progressed through the neutral phase just fine using primarily druids. :effort:

I'm not sure why he's seeing such low gem returns though. Druid should be as simple as buy all upgrades, wait for max mana, cast all spells simultaneously, wait a few minutes and tab back over to do it again. IIRC the main reason they beat titans is that their huge max mana lets them stack every spell instead of only 2.

There are several upgrades from secret trophies that are appreciably potent, such as the aforementioned Mathematician. Maybe he's missing a few of those?

But yes, as noted above I agree and I also ignored that effect and just fully upgraded everything whenever I played Druids. I did mostly go with Titans however, since I'm a filthy cash-spender and used gifts to cheese Lightning Strike RNG in my favor when it was feeling uncooperative.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dwelf never really struck my fancy but it's probably decent. Dwairies are good but they really need Premeditation (unlocked via drow) to have enough mana to really work properly.

Dwangels, while lower potential than dwairies, I found were more forgiving and I used them a lot more during R0. Admittedly I was also trying to generate enough mana to unlock the upgrade such that autocasting didn't have a mana regen penalty. (And for that matter, generate the 10,000 spell casts needed to unlock drow in the first place.)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah no mathematician trophy. I havent hit 800 farms yet, let alone 1024.
I think i might just use titans. Maybe shell out $10 for some credits to buy the gift thing.

Try fairies for mathematician. They get discounts on farms, inns, and blacksmiths.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

And even later you can just go fairy -> dwairy -> research dwairy and never touch anything else, though a few Rs after that you do have to start touching other things with better long-term scaling.

Also PSA, Realm Grinder is having an anniversary event starting tomorrow morning (well, morning in the Americas anyway) and lasting a day and a half.

UTC: 5/19 12:01 PM through 5/20 6:59 PM.
EDT: 5/19 8:01 AM through 5/20 2:59 PM.
PDT: 5/19 5:01 AM through 5/20 11:59 AM.

e: Apparently it's just a 50% discount on the first two gifts (which is not a bad deal for anyone who doesn't have them, admittedly) and an upgrade that will last the duration of the event, nothing more involved than that.

Vil fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 18, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Eldercain posted:

It's a range of I think 5 higher or lower so you can trend one way or the other but RNG can hurt you short term

I'm pretty sure it's this. So long as you always pick the highest level world on offer (whether or not you particularly care for the world type), you should generally trend upwards, though occasionally the highest level world on offer will still be lower level than your current world in the short term.

As for "end", every upgrade has a maximum number of times you can take it, and I think the voice might have a comment once you get every last one of them to max? It's a very long grind though, unless you cheat and bump up your world levels enough that essence comes in at a halfway decent rate for some of the later costs.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

For researches like that, be sure to turn off any challenges, and avoid buying any researches or upgrades, that extend spell duration.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Beasteh posted:

I might have snookered myself at r16 partway through getting the 80 researches, my excavations are at 1400 and I have no way to realistically get to the point where I can get prod high enough to afford more in a research build. Whats my best way forward? Sit on LF forever and try again at r17?

Unlock what researches you can with the RP you've already spent, and play elves or goblins (whichever one gives you better money production with your current unlocks) when you need more faction coins. Spending excavations for faction coins is always a fast option but it's never the only option.

When I first unlocked research, I burned excavations for unlocking the six buildings/trees, but for actually getting RP to push to 135 or whatever, I basically just ran elves the whole way without supplementing with excavations. Boring but effective.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Beasteh posted:

I'm leaving town for a week, what's the best faction to leave idle on RG? Assuming drow bloodline?

A week of offline idling is a good opportunity to get, if you haven't already:

- 36 hours playtime on a single faction in a single abdication for unlocking faceless
- 3-4 days playtime on dwarf (doesn't matter if fairy, elf, or angel) in a single abdication for Beard Carpet trophy
- 5 days total playtime (across Rs) on titan, druid, and/or faceless for the researches that require those
- Contribute to good or evil playtime for the Perfectly Good and Diabolical Evil trophies (Lucky Neutral will come as a side effect of getting those 5 day things above)

If you've already knocked all of those out, then go for benefits which extend across Rs (faceless is probably more valuable):

- Faceless playtime (benefit transfers partially to other factions via faceless challenge 4)
- Bloodstream (playtime on whatever faction you use the bloodline for when going for production, probably dwarf/titan/angel)

There may be some other ideas too, especially if you have the option of leaving the game online-but-idle instead of offline. When in doubt though, go faceless. Beefier Hive Mind never hurt anyone.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Also Chrome is just fine on the resource usage while playing RG (or any Kong game) so long as you use an ad blocker like a sensible person.

For whatever reason, Kong's/RG's ads are even worse than most ads at memory leaks and resource usage creep.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

Speaking of Realm Weather Service, what actions change your Lighting Strike RNG? I've had several abdications in a row where it is the same, which sucks when I'm trying to get something with Blacksmiths in any reasonable timeframe. Is it set for a reincarnation, or can it change?

Lightning Strike RNG seed only moves down the list if a. you use Lightning Strike and b. you have more than 1 (maybe more than 0?) different types of buildings so the game actually has to use the RNG to figure out which of them to hit.

It may also change on reincarnation but that's not terribly helpful or meaningful in the context of getting useful results out of it.

Point being, if you want to advance down the list, buy at least 2 different building types and cast Lightning Strike. If you've got gifts, you can do this, abdicate, re-Titan yourself, and repeat in less time than either waiting out LS's duration or waiting for LS's mana to refill (depending on reincarnation and build) will take. Without gifts, it probably takes long enough to rejoin Titan that it's not worth it.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dwarf can also serve as a replacement for Titan in later reincarnations when you're able to get your excavation total pretty high.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

For Equality, it's also worth noting that you need to have a minimum of 3 days total playtime, which means a minimum of 1 day playtime in each alignment. So if you're short of 1 day on neutral, you might as well keep making progress. My method was to unlock everything except faceless and drow, run neutral and evil to 1 day each, and then sit in dwarf/angel autocasting things for a few days for:

- The first few autocasting upgrades (the ones which remove the mana regen penalty)
- Beard carpet
- Unlocking faceless
- Getting 10k spells to unlock drow

In the process, dwarf/angel got good to the 1 day mark, and I got Equality when that happened. If your highest-playtime alignment is more than 1 day, of course, then Equality will require you to get everything to whatever that highest one is, instead of just 1 day. (Or you can do it in a later reincarnation and just go for 1 day, though after R0 you'll be hard-pressed to have a reincarnation as long as 3 whole days for quite some time. Several of them will take mere hours.)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ranter posted:

To unlock dwarfs, do I need to have 800 inns and 7000 buildings in the same run as having the 10Qad coins to unlock? Or can I get the inns, buildings and clicks in a separate run first?

edit: I stuck it out and grinded to 10Qad on Fairies to unlock dwarfs.

For dwarf, clicks are across runs, inns and buildings and coins (and being good) all need to be the same run. For drow, the spells cast and (obviously) trophies are across runs, temples and coins and being evil (which is a requirement for temples anyway) need to be the same run.

NB that for these purposes, the clicks and the spells cast will reset when you reincarnate, but not when you abdicate.

That's for step 3 of both of them. You can (and should) do steps 1 and 2 on other factions, generally titan for the massive amounts of faction coins needed for step 2.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Avocados posted:

Anyone? I'm at 37.5Qi gems now, and I really just want to idle for a bit. Problem is that both titans and druids hardly produce unless you're actively spell casting.

Go angels and autocast tax collection. You won't make much progress towards gems, but you'll make progress towards spells cast (needed to unlock drow) and mana spent (needed to unlock better autocasting options). Save the gems for when you're able to be online and active.

In later Rs - or in R0 if you really go nuts casting poo poo - you can unlock enough autocasting tricks (priority order, different tiers of priority, wait until a minimum mana that you set before casting XYZ) that you can set up some pretty nice spell combos which let you have the benefit of being present without actually being present.

e: Actually, you're about at the point where you can/should unlock dwarves and drow (possibly not drow yet if you don't have the spells cast), so I'd do that first, then go dwarf/angel (sensible spellcasting when active, autocast tax collection when idle) once you get them unlocked. That actually would be good for gems, while still contributing to the drow and autocast unlocks.

Vil fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 1, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

When I load your save, I see, relevant to Carpentry and Huts:

Carpentry 12 (1.1^12 ~= 3.13842 times base population).
Huts give 18.8 trimps apiece according to their tooltip.

3 (base) * 2 (UberHut) * 3.13842 (Carpentry) ~= 18.83057, which matches the tooltip when we account for its rounding.

If I respec and bump Carpentry to 13 (1.1^13 ~= 3.45x), huts report they now house 20.7 trimps apiece, which is still accurate to the math. At Carpentry 14 (1.1^14 ~= 3.8x), huts report 22.7. At Carpentry 15 (1.1^15 ~= 4.18x), huts report 25.0.

So yeah, looks fine to me - are these the same numbers you're seeing in these scenarios?

Granted, of course, your save has some 40k+ trimps and most of them are housed in things other than huts, but Carpentry also increases the total by a compounding 10% each time I increase it too. 41.5k (12) -> 45.7k (13) -> 50.3k (14) -> 55.3k (15).

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Done with archwizard! Took 11 days 14 hours, in R36.
Only trophy left now is the 750 iron stronghold one, which i am not sure how to get. I used a build i found a guide for but could only get 600, which is a very long way from 750.

If you haven't already done so, do the dwarf challenges. Dwarf 5 makes every building count 20% more, so you only need 625 Iron Strongholds for it to count as 750.

Goblin bloodline of course. And if this is the same R in which you did archwizard and you haven't reincarnated since then, you'll have a pretty awesome grand balance that hits a lot of things, so take advantage of that. I'm pretty sure you can do this in a merc build (which would allow you to take that dwarf upgrade that also reduces building costs), but if not, I'd give druids a shot and failing that try titans after prepping lightning strike RNG (via checking forecast) so it'll hit some usefully productive things in the first 5 minutes.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

Are there any "tricks" to playing Undead in Realm Grinder? I'm working on D25 Research (8 Hours Offline as Undead), but I'm trying to earn some money to buy some other researches before I shut the game off for a while and the gains from the spell combo I'm running now (all 4 spells with a millisecond to cast 1 TC) is just terrible.

Undead gets a bit better with some faction-specific researches (which you may or may not have unlocked yet) but otherwise no, it's not that great. It's built mainly around assistants (which are decent) and offline bonus (which is garbage). I think it's intended to be the faction you choose if you want to go offline without making basically zero progress, except faceless are a better choice for that scenario because of racking up Hive Mind time (which is one of the very few things - besides permanent unlocks - which helps across reincarnations).

So no, just go offline as undead and accept that it'll accomplish pretty much gently caress-all except for unlocking that one research (and any other researches downstream that depend on that one). Best to do that some time when you wouldn't be playing anyway, e.g. right before you go to bed for the night.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

When trying to earn gems in the research phase (still R16 for the moment, but have unlocked most of the researches), should I be shooting for super long runs to let Vacuumancy and the other timed ones build up, or abdicating as soon as Vanilla Flavor Juice runs out?

If you've unlocked most of the researches, especially the 120s and 135s, you should be able to go with a standard abdicate -> make fast efficient progress -> repeat cycle. Putting it another way, if you actually had appreciable gem growth in the duration of your VFJ you might as well keep going with that method.

If some of the researches you're still missing are key ones for production though, you may not be able to do that.

In general, most of the time research will let you go with frequent abdication using bursty rush builds, but for certain unlocks and at certain gem walls you may need to go with the longer builds that take time to build up. If you can make progress with rush builds though, no reason not to do that, since it'll be faster.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Klungar posted:

Thanks all. I ended up going with 15 minute abdications, eventually switching from a stagnating Fairy/Fairy to Elf/Titan which pushed through to the end. I'm currently working on a A120/W120 (6500 mana/250 assistants) run, which will leave me just with W50 (2 Days Evil), which I think I am just going to put off until a later reincarnation, since it only benefits Undead and isn't a prerequisite for any of the next couple of R's of research. That wise, or should I just stick it out for another day to finish it out?

Well, if you do it now it'll take you one day, and if you do it later it'll take you two days.

quaunaut posted:

Yeah. Also, it seems to be updating in the background, because when I mouseover the number, the "Coins gained(This Game)" keeps increasing, but the big number never does.

Does it persist through abdication too? That should zero out your current coins, gifts notwithstanding.

Also your money could quite legitimately be that, but the reason you can't buy buildings is because you have it set to buy 100 or something, and 100 of any building is more than that. Check to see what the buy button is set to, and cycle it around to buy 1 or buy max.

Vil fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 4, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If you do it at the start of an R, your excavations will also be cheap enough that you can use them for the faction coins to join the faction. (Gifts are another option, of course.) Just export beforehand in case it doesn't work out, and also prep your lightning strike forecast to help it hit a few useful things during your 5 minutes.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Most challenges are easiest at the end of an R, when you've got enough gems to reincarnate again (or close to that). Some challenges don't give a poo poo though. All challenges, to my recollection, can be safely done in the first R they're available, though a handful become easier if you wait (demon 1 comes to mind).

All spell upgrade trophies are pretty trivial to get as early as R0 (I think fairy's actually one of the harder ones of those), so take a break to knock those out in the meantime. NB that for the elf, undead, and angel ones which care about time of day/day of week, you can change your system clock and have it count. (Changing system clock won't help for much of anything else important, but it does help for those unlocks.)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

All the bone imps in Trimps are good. Don't worry about throwing bones at helium until you've got them all.

Meskhenet posted:

Ok i'll look up the race spells. Just got goblin. I have to at least abdicate in order to try the challenge or i can get it after i buy the spell? (this is for goblins)

For a challenge you must only meet its requirements (of which an unlisted one is always "be playing as the faction in question"). Unless the challenge has a time limit on it (list below), you can do it whenever you like. So no, you don't have to start from a fresh abdication.

So in the case of goblin 1, so long as you're R2+, you're playing goblins, and you've unlocked and purchased the goblin spell upgrade, it's just a matter of twiddling your thumbs and waiting for Green Fingers Discount to roll high enough. One quirk to that particular challenge is that it only works properly when online (GFD is calculated differently for offline time), so leave the game online but idle, rather than offline, while you wait.

Challenges with time limits:

Fairy 1, 2, 3
Elf 1, 2
Angel 1, 2
Demon 2
Druid 4
Dwarf 2

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Beasteh posted:

So the neutral rank 4 challenges, titan is fairy easy, just RNG and waiting it out, druid is very simple, and faceless... needs 8 days of faceless playtime :wtc:

Don't forget about titan challenge 2. Your faceless playtime doesn't need to all come from faceless.

Around the same time (R25ish), you'll get to some researches that require 5 days each of titan, druid, and faceless. Do the titan and druid waits first (since they'll add to effective faceless time), then do however much faceless you need for its research and challenge. It'll probably end up being less than 5 days of actual faceless time, especially if you've gone for Perfectly Good and/or Diabolical Evil.

If you haven't gone for Diabolical Evil yet, don't worry about going for it specifically, as you'll almost certainly get it (or get very close) in the process of going for Archwizard down the road when you get around to grinding that out (it takes around 10 days).

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

im setting up to get faceless, so 36 hours. Ive gone undead, not sure if i should check in on them to buy stuff or just leave till a few hours after this time tomorrow :/

Remember you'll also need to fork over some faction coins in the same abdication when you do meet the 36-hour mark, so you may want to consider playing as something that generates those a bit more easily than undead (e.g. goblin, titan, elf, even angel). Though excavations are also an option of course.

If you haven't yet unlocked the crazy-expensive upgrade to offline production (which is, of course, quite thoroughly useless once you're in a late enough R that it's actually possible to afford it), you might as well spend all 36 hours offline consecutively, which will also unlock that upgrade. Just for completion's sake if nothing else.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I believe it's 25,000 of each of the two faction coins associated with faceless (fairy and undead, I think).

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Also your neutral and prestige factions stay unlocked, as do all your trophy-based upgrades, so in practice it actually goes much quicker.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Demon 1 is ballpark an hour with an autoclicker even without elf bloodline, and is even faster than that with it. Tedious it is, several days it is not.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If you're getting lag or memory leaks from RG, it's less likely to be the game itself and more likely to be Kong's ads. Are you using an ad blocker (which is successfully blocking ads on the RG page)? If yes, we can mull over other possibilities but if no, start using one. (It's a good idea in general.)

Faceless are a slow accumulation of benefits. They're better at long-term runs than at short-term runs. Good for fire-and-ignore, not so good for active playing.

They also have the singular distinction of having a benefit that scales across reincarnations (as opposed to most other things, which reset on reincarnation even if they don't reset on abdication). Their Hive Mind upgrade scales with faceless time, period, not just faceless time this reincarnation.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Target Practice posted:

So I just randomly stopped gaining gems in Realm Grinder. I've got about 2.8e25, but when I abdicate, the reset to zero and nothing I do gets them counting up again. I tried googling and the wiki and everything I find for "not gaining gems" has to do with reincarnation. Am I boned? I tried exporting and importing but that didn't do anything.

Gems shown on the save/abdicate screen are the gems you'll get when you abdicate. Gems shown in the lower left corner of the overall screen are the gems you actually have (from previous abdications).

Each gem takes a bit more coins than the gem before it, so effectively what this means is that you have to be progressively better and better at making coins to keep making gems. However, stockpiled gems themselves (so long as you buy Gem Power upgrade) will do a hell of a lot to increase your coin income, so for long stretches you can repeat a process of get some gems, abdicate to actually get them, do whatever it is you do for coins, and because of the boost from those gems you just got, get even more coins.

This falls apart at certain gem walls (R0 has a few minor ones, and sometimes you'll get into them near the end of certain reincarnations) where you'll need to go with a longer grind using some method that gets better over time within an abdication, but takes a while to really get going. Alternatively, "do whatever it is you do for coins" might actually not be effective enough - for example, undead are largely garbage before research, so trying to get any meaningful amount of coins/gems out of them is pretty laughable.

In other words, what reincarnation are you, how many gems do you have (your actual/total number in the lower left, by your coins and faction coins), and what are you trying to actually do (faction, spell combo, and bloodline and merc/research build if applicable) to make coins?

Meskhenet posted:

Ive been getting to about lvl 25 before portaling out. What should i be taking to push further?
ATm i have

Art 3
range 10
bait 2
trumps 2
pheromones 3
packrat 3
motivation 11
power 8
toughness 6
looting 8

Before you had to kill blimps for helium, now it tells me im making 3/hr? is that passive so if i left the run for a day id get another 72?

If at all possible, push to zone 35 (may take a few more portals of gradually increasing the perks you already have), which unlocks a challenge which in turn unlocks the Carpentry perk. For a very long time, this is God Perk, though it's eventually demoted to Demigod Perk.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Yea I'm doing a straight 36 hour offline thing with drow/necro right now. Once I log back on I'm going to excavate as much as possible then reincarnate.

Also whats the best way to go for the 100 billion faction coins trophy? Delay reincarnation until you get a good number of gems then go goblins? Or is it more effective to try to grind it out with Elves and an auto-clicker?

Go for the highest faction coin trophies and the highest assistant trophies as a trivial side effect of going for the highest spells cast trophies. Don't bother going for FC/assistant trophies in a vacuum, you'll get them automatically in the process of going for Archwizard.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Cool. Also I just unlocked mercenaries, and apparently they are the next paradigm of numbers going up. So before I start idling for those ridiculous trophies, what do I need to start? I keep seeing references to bloodlines on the wiki, but do I need those before I get the higher level trophies or should I just reincarnate several more times to get to R10 or so, then worry about those crazy trophies?

As noted above, go for anything that seems like a reasonably easy number to reach but don't bend over backwards grinding out spells cast, FCs gained, assistants owned, buildings owned, etc.

Anything that you haven't automatically gotten as a side effect of pursuing progress (and honestly you'll get most of them in this way without the slightest bit of time/effort deliberately focusing on them), worry about in the mid-high R30s when you've basically run out of new things to unlock. R36-R38 is a good time to worry about the highest tiers of those trophies.

Challenges, however, should generally be attempted at the R they first unlock (usually at a high enough gem count that you're about ready to reincarnate again), and secret trophies should be attempted whenever they seem vaguely reasonable. Unlike the grindy trophies above, challenges and secret trophies actually unlock benefits for doing them (above and beyond tiny little incremental things based on number of trophies or percentage of trophies).

Also do your best to work on lore artifacts as you go rather than blowing them off. They tend to be a bit of a pain in the rear end, but if you've got a few hundred excavations you can burn before you reincarnate, you might want to try for some of the ones with shittier chances of getting them (since a 0.2% chance sucks in a vacuum but isn't too bad if you can drop 1000 attempts on it).

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Yeah, every individual excavation is checked for artifacts, so you can mass-purchase and be fine.

Now granted, if you would have gotten it on excavation #3 and you buy 100 at a time, you'll waste 97 of them, but such is life. Handily, you can use export/import in combination with the fact that excavation results are seeded (read: you can't savescum to reroll until you get it, but you can savescum to find out when exactly you'll get it) to minimize the waste.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Merijn posted:

I'm in R3 and trying for Equality (equal playtime >24h within 1 minute between Good/Evil/Neutral) and I have both Good and Evil at 24h and 3 mins, but I'm going offline for the weekend soon. Will it unlock on monday after I put it on Neutral before shutting down? :ohdear:

It should, yes. If alignments A and B are within 1 minute of each other, and alignment C is less than that, then if you leave yourself on alignment C you'll get Equality. If online, you'll get it as soon as the timer gets to that spot. If offline, you'll get it the first time you go back online after the timer passes that spot.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Doing demon challenge 1 at R4 is a bitch. After 10 hours im halfway, i think..... And im at 0 gems lol.

That's odd, I distinctly remember it taking less than an hour at R2 with an autoclicker. R7 for elf bloodline would make it faster of course, but either way 10 hours for halfway seems excessive. The main point to that challenge is that with everything else restricted, you're basically only getting faction coins from the very slow stream from clicking the chest.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Irritated Goat posted:

Gong for Qi number of gems and I feel like I'm barely making headway with Titans :sigh: Any advice? The beginner guide just said use Titans or maybe Druids but you'd eventually go back to Titans so I don't know.

The deal with Titans is that lightning strike is a total ineffectual snoozefest most of the time, and is occasionally really awesome, and it all depends on whether or not it hits a building that's a substantial percentage of your production. For R0 Titans, if memory serves, the good buildings you want it to hit are deep mines, monasteries, and halls of legends, and pretty much anything else is garbage.

So depending on RNG with what LS chooses to hit, you'll either have long stretches of boredom or make really good progress really fast.

Definitely unlock Druids and run them once to unlock their heritage though. It's a really good one which boosts your max mana based on your total building count, which allows many other factions to have enough mana to combo in an additional spell when they otherwise wouldn't have been able to.

Once you unlock that, go back to Titan, unlock/build whatever you can (NB that LS also generates a nice pile of faction coins, so buying up all the heritages should be trivial), and cast LS at max mana. If and only if it hits something good, cast whatever other spells you can (with whatever remaining mana you have) to get the most combo benefit from it that you can. Try to fit in at least one tax collection during the spell combo as well. Let your mana refill to full (and buy anything new that you can now afford) and repeat. Abdicate and repeat when you 10x (or better) your gems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

LS can't hit a building you have 0 of. If you can avoid building any of some type of building that's ultimately useless to you (though NB that because of druid heritage tie-ins, all of them are at least mildly useful for max mana), that improves the odds that LS will hit something you want it to, because it's got fewer things to choose from.

If you already have at least one of a building though, it's a perfectly valid target for LS so go ahead and build as many of it as you please. It's 0 or bust as far as this tactic goes.