Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

pichupal posted:

Edit: Fedule sounds so happy it's really strange.

I don't understand how I'm supposed to realize everything is terrible if the british voice isn't telling me it is :ohdear:

Artix posted:

I really really hope you've played XIII-2 because this game isn't going to make a lick of sense if you don't know what happened with XIII-2

I "know" what happened in XIII-2. This game (with the caveat that I've only watched Kung-Fu Jesus's LP, so perhaps it makes more sense later) makes XIII-2 look coherent :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
To be fair by far the most notable thing about Noel was his pair of parachute pants.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
IIIRC someone in KFJ's Lightning Returns thread said that the Japanese VA for Lightning actually had a lot of emotion in her delivery that simply wasn't there in the English version of the previous two games. In Lightning Returns, that's slightly switched in that Japanese VA is subdued and English actually has a personality.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
They did the impossible in Lightning Returns: they made XIII-era Hope seem less annoying.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Omobono posted:

Wasn't Caius "GMPC" Ballad's whole plan in XIII-2 a convoluted way to get killed? To the point that if the player demonstrated that he had a brain by picking the correct choice after the final boss the game gave you the middle finger and proceeded like you picked the wrong one.

Didn't he succeed?
Why is this fucker still alive?

I'm not blaming you for not paying any attention to Yeul, but in this episode it's revealed that basically Yeul(s), being made of Chaos, is using CHAOS POWER to keep Caius alive (against his will). Meanwhile, Yeul(s) is using CHAOS POWER to try and help Lightning kill Caius once and for all, because Yeul(s) is very decisively fighting herselves to a standstill and needs a saviour to resolve the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Thanks for suffering through this....large expenditure of time, money and effort.

• Locked thread