Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

who gives a flying gently caress about this spotmonkey lucha poo poo zandig has mastered the style

The crowd popping like crazy is the best part of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

It was probably just at the curtain when he hugged him.

Paige looking like Jeffree Star here

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Is that dude dressed up like Shao khan really just named Robert Anthony cause lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

There was a guy who worked the northern UK circuit in the early 2000's who worked under the name "Tommy human being." He did not have much of a career to speak of.

Well hey apparently some places in the uk it's considered high praise to be a part of the human being family

also their actual family name is Doody lmao. The human being Doody family

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Lmao check out JRs tall hat

I've laughed every time I've seen that. I imagine whoever designed it did the same thing once they noticed it and just left it in

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont book vader

this is probably the smartest decision

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Heard mixed things. But I personally think she'd prefer to start a family over a WWE/NXT contract. But she's very much on WWE's radar.

Hope she wrestles in the WWE Women's Classic if there is one. Candice vs Bayley is a career ambition for both too. I hope that happens.

I was really happy that she wrestled on the ROH card in Baltimore the other week. She's the biggest name on the indies who hasn't wrestled for ROH or EVOLVE. Her doing so gave me pause for thought whether she's overdue being called an indie legend or whatever too.

I just want to see one suicide dive DDT on a wwe produced show and I'll be happy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

can you throw out a few examples? My only experience with Scientology at length was insulting their religion and getting fired for it.

Haha what? How did that happen

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

the comments on that are a hell of a thing

jesus christ. dude probably could have taken a power drill to her head against her will and those people would still be going "that;s what happenz when women want to be equal!!". Dudes seriously just relish seeing women get hurt

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 11, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

but beulah beat bill alfonso half to death checkmate liberals :smug:

I forget exactly what he did but didn't Fonzy pretty much have to almost die in that match to keep his job because Heyman was going to fire him and the rest of the locker room wanted to murder him?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Yeah, it is a bummer. Wrestling promoters have done and lied about the craziness stuff to get out of promoting but I do believe this is a legitimate situation.

Stress caused by running Wrestlecirus was a big contributor. I don't really know how the promotion "worked" or was funded but I can't help but think if it was better managed - not buying flights the day before shows at times, paying talent upfront more often etc things might have been less of an ordeal for the owners.

So... heart attack? Stroke? I mean you’re saying it’s something that can be presumably caused or extentuated by stress so why not just say what it supposedly is?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Why does Austin Aries look like Karl Anderson lost an unhealthy amount of weight now

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

"There's a lot of truths about this industry that we all know that we dont want to talk about. I mean hell, if we look at hollywood right now we understand that the entertainment business is being run by a bunch of unsavory characters with a bunch of shady business practices. And I can come out here, and I can start naming names, and I can start listing people and I can start calling people out for all the bullshit thats going on in this industry, but there's only one name - ONE NAME - that I came out here tonight to call out. And that name is Austin Aries"

didn't austin aries force his crotch into a female ring announcer's face on television when he was in tna and trap her in the corner with it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C. Everett Koop posted:

My stupid dream was that if Danielson got his release, his first show back should be self-promoted vs. CM Punk in Chicago. Let the Bucks handle the promoting/undercard, with that main you wouldn't need NJPW or ROH or anyone to do anything.

It'll never happen but still.

My heart has been broken by wrestling too much and you’re not helping

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
His face doesn't look too old it just looks like he's prematurely graying

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I like Maine but there's literally no part of the state that doesn't reek of rotting sea or harbor detris

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

nice hog jeff

Jesus yeah that uh... don't leave too much to the imagination. I feel like when you can actually see the glans that's not a great wardrobe choice

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why does the first link say CZWGROTONI and the second, extremely adorable picture say CSW. Or are these different orgs

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

tis the season

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What’s going on with Nick Jackson? I must have had my head in the sand because I only just found out he has a virus and might miss the show? Any more details than that or is that all of it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's it, he has the flu

Like the one resistant to vaccines? Cody made it sound like potentially fatal

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Am I having a stroke? why do I keep seeing ¿½ in everyones post?!

It’s happening for me too so you’re not alone

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

It would have been better if one of the ICE guys flipped out and arrested the other ICE guys(for being immigrants from like venus or some poo poo) while the Lucha Bros looked on in disbelief. Maybe have Penta lean into the camera and say “this country is loving crazy”

It would have been over if Glacier came out in an ICE uniform and literally froze them to transport them back to Mexico

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Roque11 posted:

Tons of MLW notes from the Observer site today.

Stokely Hathaway is back and will be managing a top heel and working behind the scenes

Ace Romero debuts on their show in Chicago

Rafael Morfii, a promoter who has worked for a number of groups including WWE & TNA, is working with the promotion

Sammy Guevara will be Rush's debut opponent

They will have another special on Bein Sports on 10/26 built around Halloween and the spin the wheel match they taped in New York

Tommy Dreamer is in as an agent

Konnan is the head agent and running the locker room.

They are talking to Bestia 666

Puma King is now a regular

Jason Cade will be getting more of a push

They are scheduling a major event on 2/2

They have interest in Mance Warner

They are still working on bringing in Walter, who they've wanted for some time.

MLW keeps bringing all the top indie free agents. Anybody remember when last month people were claiming everybody from all over would be reporting to NXT in the new year and that WrestleMania week had more promotions running than there would be wrestlers available? LOL! About as real as reports as Impact being for sale again.

This answers my question from the other thread. You ok buddy?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

I am pretty sure Dave Crist is kind of a weirdo/creep. I remember hearing stories about how wrestlers would stay over his house when they worked Ohio companies and he'd like whip his dick out when they were sleeping or something as a joke. Pretty sure he did it to Kimber Lee once.

I think my brain is melting because I have no idea who the Crists are and thought this was about Krist Novoselic from nirvana for a few seconds and I was like wtf. I think I combined his name with Dave grohls

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They're juggalos so judge how you will

So really nice and accepting but also grody and dumb? That’s been basically every juggalo I’ve interacted with at least

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Deathlove posted:

It continues to blow my mind that they were Irish Airborne in ROH back in The Day.

Oh poo poo they’re those guys? I remember them having some hype around like 2006

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

I don't feel like it really gets glossed over? He halfway melded it into his gimmick and everyone acknowledges that he robbed a bank.

As for his work, he's usually not a death match guy anymore. Mainly a brawler. I saw him have two really solid matches live at the SCI in August with no juice, few gimmicks, and no swearing. His match with Timothy Thatcher at Bloodsport, which I also saw live, was a delightful clash of styles, as well, for example.

Bix one of my best friends went to prison for 4 years because he attempted to rob a convenience store because of an opiod addiction that ended up causing him to lose his job. He's lucky he has a job now cause he found a guy who was forgiving and understanding but it's not really a good look to literally blend a felony into your gimmick if you're actually repentant. I know it's wrestling so the rules are kind of different but you're contradicting your point with those two paragraphs

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

My 2004 Indy dream match.

lmao there is a 100% chance I had this match in a mid 2000s smackdown game for a title. It was one of Red's hideous early 2000 attires too

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just woke up from a dream where I was scheduled to work an empty arena match with Nick Gage today and I’ve never been more relieved that it wasn’t reality

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

it’s crazy that Chikara was the place first US indie regularly doing intergender matches and no one said poo poo until Beyond tried chucking Kimber Lee into a ring post.

Chikara does mostly PG tongue in cheek comic book lucha wrestling though, I think there would have been some complaints if Icarus gave Daizie Haze a backdrop onto thumbtacks

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

stab posted:

Iws is the home base not isw but yeah still hanging out with them. Great guys. :)

I kind of starting dipping out of Chikara shows when they went from 2.0 to 3.0 so I can’t really remember how much I’ve seen of the “newer” incarnation but 2.0 were always great as show openers to get the Chikara vibe across

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oney Lorca’s sounds like he’d be a wrestler in his 50s from 1971 and his finisher is a snapmare

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow it’s literally the dream I had where I had a match coming up with Nick Gage and had no idea what to do except I wasn’t David Arquette in it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am legit excited for Jack Swagger to put on a 1.5 star classic with Nick Aldi's for the NWA title.

Yeah that sounds pretty dire

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So Nick Gage didn’t protect Arquette at all and almost killed him my fear in my dream was correct

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If Arquette wasn't working on Twitter, he legitimately had no clue who Nick Gage was, thought they were putting him against Nic Cage, and absolutely was not prepared for what happened.

:chloe:

You work yourself into a shoot friend

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Guy looks like Frank Reynolds lost all his hair and stole his glasses from a kiosk at the mall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

He's Kurt Angle, it's a complicated question

I don’t think Kurt Angle is thinking about the fact that he’s going to have to climb up a bunch of scaffolds while this guy is just throwing concrete bricks at him for like 3 stories