Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Qoey posted:

I'd never seen this bump before, so I looked it up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-TlkI-orr0

Dude.

If I remember right his thumb nearly came off on some barb wire. Janela seems bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

He's not wrestling. Don't work yourself up.

Dude might show up and All In and deliver a promo, but he's definitely not wrestling.

This would probably be the best thing. I don't actually need to see Punk wrestle again, but I'd be happy to see him cut another promo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I've become friends with the owner of the IWC indie in Pittsburgh, I am now one step closer in somehow becoming a booker

This is a pretty good fed considering how weird Pittsburgh is with Indies, I'm definitely going to the Super Indy Tourney they have since they are booking Jeff Cobb, David Starr, Greshem, Joey Janela
http://www.iwcwrestling.com/liveevents/superindy17.html

I looked at the history of this tourney and its pretty funny this was the first one:
Super Indy I
March 22nd, 2002 - Monroeville, PA
Super Hentai [winner]
Christopher Daniels
CM Punk
Low Ki
Orion
Colt Cabana
Chris Hero
CJ Sensation

Is it still Norm who runs IWC?

Super Hentai is one of these names I have seen listed in the results a thousand times but I don't think I've ever actually seen him wrestle. One of the all time terrible wrestling names though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Worst Card of the Year candidate just with 3 names on the promo

Other than being an arrogant shite, what's Aries done to warrant such esteemed company?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Where can I stream Progress? For some reason it says Highspots but I couldn't find poo poo.

There is a little Progress on Highspots (https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com/authors/progress-wrestling/7255/media) but yeah, the Progress Pivotshare is where you want to go.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It won't happen but I'd really get a kick out of seeing Walter in Big Japan clashing with their Strong BJ guys like Hashimoto & Sekimoto.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Subscribe to Highspots. You’ll get all of CZW plus other much better poo poo like AAW

Yeah, and if watching CZW doesn't sate your bloodlust there's also old IWA MS shows on there too (watch the Sweet Science 16 tournament with future stars like CM Punk in a poorly lit field in either Kentucky or Indiana). Actually, the next time I sub to Highspots I have to remember to watch the Ted Petty Invitational 2007 because I really want to know if Eddie Kingston vs Chris Hero non-tournament brawl is as good as it is in my memory.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I think Ultramantis also sells/sold used mid-century modern furniture with one of the guys from Pissed Jeans. I bought some tables from them a few years back and they gave me a hell of a deal. Not sure if he's still involved or not now, though.

Presumably the guy from Pissed Jeans who was Mr Zero?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Not sure if he was Mr Zero, but the guy is Bradley Fry. I think he was also in the band The Ultimate Warriors who have a great song about why Bull Nakano is the best and Madusa should be burned.

https://youtu.be/WAZyMQAKR7o

Yup, Brad was Mr Zero

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

How was Cage of Death? Worth checking out?

Well two of the matches have been nominated for Worst Match of the Year so probably?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

How did he get that huge dent in his back?

I can't say but this is a dude who once got powerbombed onto a board of razorblades so yeah.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Germansimp posted:

You say that like anyone actually remembers Cody Hall to begin with.

Poor Cody Hall. He's a regular for NOAH now but NOAH gets sadly forgotten about these days.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

How did he get another booking after the cinderblock incident? Is this a wrestler with clout?

Controversy creates cash. Also, never forget that at its heart wrestling is a scummy business.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TUS posted:

Ah, ok. The Visa thing was what was NEW said but I thought it was their out.

Nah, the Visa situation is a really problem with the shutdown and is why the New Japan shows in the US next month have one solitary Japanese guy on them, and he's coming via the UK. After they put time into building Nagata vs Ishii for them too. Major bummer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Crowbar as in former north-east indies stalwart Devon Storm? Of course Joey Janela would try to make sure he got physical therapy from an almost retired wrestler. That's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Is there any good deathmatch stuff on Powerbomb/IWTV? There's a bunch of old CZW stuff but doesn't look like anything recent, and I feel like older CZW stuff could probably be pretty hit or miss. For some reason I have a hankering for deathmatch wrestling today.

Doesn't IWTV have some Lucha deathmatch company? I forget. There's also IWA Mid South on there, and man, some of those old KOTDM tournaments were fun.