Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Well, CHIKARA booking lots of female wrestlers make it easy since you know PWG won't book them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
My guess is that if both of them are willing to wrestle on a major show like this, whatever personal issues they had with each other has been smoothed over by now. I remember seeing them chatting at the debut WWR show at Fete a few months ago.

Might as well work a program with each other since you know people will talk about it.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Watching SHINE 38, and the picture quality is great BUT, the audio for me was off the entire show. At times, the audio was only a split second behind the video but at other times, it was a solid 2 seconds behind. Very annoying.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
CZW should hire Joey Styles.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Any reports on Biggin's condition? I listen to their podcast and he's entertaining so I hope he's okay.

They said he's in stable condition but will have ANOTHER (3rd) surgery next week. Whatever happened to him must have been some pretty horrible.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Nothing like cutting a promo on how to cut a promo while being out of focus. Kind of kills the whole idea of the promo.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Wrestlecircus is doing fundraiser for a new venue. For $800, you can help book a show.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/wrestlecircus-the-indy-wrestling-empire-entertainment#/backers

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
WrestleCircus is cool but my god do they overbook shows. How can they make money with the cost of all those flights?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Call Me Charlie posted:

I had no idea that anybody was running in this area besides NXT.

Leva's a regular there. She had a good match vs Mia Yim recently.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

I refuse to believe Leva has ever had a good match with anybody. She's consistently the worst part of seeing Wrestlecircus, aside from the shows all being like 5 hours long.

Her last SHINE title match vs Lufisto was a MOTYC. Legit good by any standards. She's had plenty of solid matches against Lufisto and others in the past. There's also a bunch of good tag matches she's had with Mia Yim as the Lucha Sisters too.

She's never gonna be great in the ring, but her charisma and cosplay stuff can be really entertaining. She has a lot of fans.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, the cosplay stuff is fun and my only real exposure to her is NXT and Wrestlecircus so my view is very skewed. What I've seen in person at Wrestlecircus has just been bad and looks like someone who has had like, three weeks of training.

Definitely willing to give the benefit of the doubt and check out some other matches!

I mean, her work at Wrestlecircus is 99% entrance/gimmick and 1% actual wrestling. She doesn't get booked in the important singles matches. She is over with that crowd though. And I know the owners love her, so she's probably got a job there for the foreseeable future.

She's a mainstay at SHIMMER, arguably the gold standard of women's wrestling in the US, so that tells you she has something of value.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

So she's Sandman with cosplay instead of beer and canes.

And Sandman is still getting booked in 2017, so Leva will be fine. She also works a lot of comic cons where hosts panels and stuff. She is also trying to get into voiceover work

Point is, Leva gets a lot out of the resources she has.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Flip got some stiches and is fine now, so no harm done. But, it did give us this image...

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Qoey posted:

I keep forgetting about that dude. What, isn't the angle like he bought the copyright to the name Chuck Taylor so the actual Chuck Taylor had to wrestle in Chikara with a different name each time?

The real Chuck Tayor just wrestles as DUSTIN now in CHIKARA. He did have like 20 names before he settled on that one though.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Phenix Rising posted:

So at WrestleCircus tonight the Rachel Ellering/Christi Jaynes match was a weird mess that ended with an even weirder rollup and Rachel just booking it out of there. Anyone have the SCOOPZ on what the hell is up there?

I have no idea, but it almost seems like Christi might have been in no condition to wrestler ala Sting/Jeff Hardy? Either that or Christi just didn't wanna do what was planned. Very odd either way.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
WrestleCircus puts on fun shows that anyone can watch for free, so that's pretty cool. They do a better job mixing in the women into the matches more than most indies. They use mostly good talent.

If they keep the shows under 4 hours, don't overbook, and stop saying the occasional dumb thing on Twitter, I think they can be pretty good.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
New CZW venue is already throwing shade at them. Here is the events the venue rents for:

"Semi-professional wrestling"

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
When you are a new company who announces a card for a show like 10 months in advance, you KNOW something is fishy.

I wonder if they thought they'd have enough pre-sale tickets to pay for flights or find someone to give them enough money to run the shows?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
SHINE shows are almost never worth tweeting about.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Could have sworn Deonna has said in the the past she hated intergender. Wonder what made her change her mind?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I was at Nova Pro last night too. I thought the main show was great top to bottom. I liked everything, but I agree the tag match with Jinx/Aspen was a bit sloppy.

Allie Kat is so over with the Nova Pro crowd. Her match with Holidead was fantastic. Kylie Rae vs Isla Dawn was also stellar.

It's a shame people don't know who Rain is. She a pretty important piece to SHIMMER & SHINE history. And the fact she's wrestling at all after what she went thru is amazing.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

schweens posted:

Pretty cool show coming up for anyone in the area: https://twitter.com/RISEdtwa/status/986296585700216836?s=20

I'd go if I didn't work and wasn't broke

I am going. Gonna be a bit of a drive from Philly, but worth it.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

A Matter of Pride Wrestling just easily earned "Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic" by booking Shlak

holy poo poo

If Maria Manic is on that show, I imagine that's why he's booked as well.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Ex-wife Chrissy Rivera publically accused him on twitter, but then deleted the tweets.

She did a shoot interview a few years ago detailing her and Sami's relationship and got pretty detailed about it. It was not good.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Who's left in the indies once Cobb is gone?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sami is a huge douche. I don’t know much about the Crist’s but they were sitting with the fans before the Naito Revolver show I went to in Dayton and they both seemed like nice people.

I am pretty sure Dave Crist is kind of a weirdo/creep. I remember hearing stories about how wrestlers would stay over his house when they worked Ohio companies and he'd like whip his dick out when they were sleeping or something as a joke. Pretty sure he did it to Kimber Lee once.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Thank you Gritty.

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1064241761030029312

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder who AIW got as a replacement for Tracey Smothers.

MJF wrestled Swoggle.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Some related stuff to the Brutus Beefcake/Canadian tour drama. Kelly Klein, who did a similar tour a while back has some detailed notes about what she had to go thru. Thread starts here:

https://twitter.com/RealKellyKlein/status/1068932043210440704

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1083529831206318081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I was at the last Nova Pro show on Saturday. The crowd was decent and the show overall was solid. I did hear some of the girls complaining about pay afterwards though. A lot of them did get paid though included hotels and airfare. It's a shame some of the regulars who get booked there don't stick up for the others but it seems to be a case of no one caring about anyone but themselves.