Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Thirty: The Demon Angel

We’re going to be ending the chapter today, let’s move. We don’t have plot before the next map.

Video- Precipitating Hatred

Watch

Some tricky Geo stuff to deal with here.

So we start in a Red area with Recovery 20%. The Green area adjacent is Enemy Boost + 50%, and the Blue area after that is the same paired with No Color Change. There’s also a Purple color with HP/SP Switch but no coverage. So, we need to minimize our exposure to Boosted angels. We can clear the first Enemy Boost with ranged attacks from near the Base Panel, and that should be the first priority. The No Color Change symbols make it hard to actually do fancy things like get the final area HP/SP Switch and honestly it’s probably easier to just sort out the second Enemy Boost with ranged attacks as well and slug it out with the latter angels. The last set of angels can be a bit tricky too, the male angel in it likes to stay with two female angels that double his defense while they’re by him.

We get plot AFTER the map this time.

Excellent. Did they say anything about our angels friends who were left behind in the Netherworld?
Angel: They reported that a demon kidnapped a young angel girl and is dragging her around with him…
What!? So a demon was behind this!?
Angel: We don’t know if that demon is connected with all of the missing angels…yet.
They tried to detain the demon and his group, but they were met by heavy resistance and the search party has suffered some injuries.
I see, understood. I shall head to the Netherworld, as well.
Angel: Archangel!?
I cannot allow my search parties to be attacked. I need to see this situation for myself.
Angel: Yes, sir!

And now our comic misunderstandings are about to get us a boss fight.

Video- Phantom’s End

Watch

This is getting us nowhere. I doubt we’ll ever get to ask them about the flowers.
Sorry… If only I’d gone back to Celestia, none of this would’ve ever happened.
Don’t apologize. You’re Laharl’s little sister. There’s no reason you two should ever be separated again.
I’m sure they’ll understand.
I see, so that’s what’s going on here.

And here he is.

My name is Virunga, Archangel of Celestia.
A-Archangel!?
N-Nice to meet you! I’m Flonne, a Fallen Angel!
Wow, he’s as handsome as the last Archangel wasn’t.
I see. No wonder the search party was having so much trouble. They were fighting Overlord Laharl.
You know about Laharl!?
All high-ranking angels know about him.
Wow. No one in the Netherworld seems to know about him.
Quiet, you.

Virunga’s kind of an rear end in a top hat honestly.

Demon Angel?
What? Didn’t she tell you?
All the other angels fear her, because she’s rumored to have Overlord blood in her.
Is that true, Sicily?

I heard that you move around a lot, but I didn’t know you came to the Netherworld. Only a Demon Angel would think to do that.
But even so, you are still an angel.
As an Archangel, I cannot leave any angel behind, especially at a time like this when many have gone missing.
Take my loving right hand and come back with me to Celestia.
What are you doing?
Did you even wonder…?
Why this angel kid came to the Netherworld all by herself?
And why she decided not to go back to Celestia?
Because she’s your sister? Because she has the blood of an Overlord inside her?
Archangel, pardon me, but I don’t think that’s the reason why.

Flonne’s sprite is so emotive, it’s great.

So she came searching for a place to belong in the Netherworld…
Flonne… Big Brother…
If you didn’t even realize that, how could you say all that garbage about love and stuff?
This Fallen Angel love freak would make a much better Archangel than you any day.
Krgh…!
I can’t hand her over to an incompetent angel like you!
I don’t care what you say, the decision has already been made. And you have no authority to change that decision.
If you do not comply, I will show you the Divine Punishment of Love!

So this is a bastard map if you take it lightly. Let’s look at Virunga.

He’s a boring loser caster but it honestly doesn’t matter what he does personally, because his Evility is what makes him nasty. All the other units on this map are at +50% stats because of him. And that’s not the only cruel trick this map has in store.

The map will QUICKLY become covered in Red as long as Super Encroach is active, and Red is really drat bad. We can fortunately reach the two negative symbols with magic, and behind the Base Panel we can also find a terribly useful Ally Boost +50% symbol we can use to turn the tables. You want to hang out and let the enemies slowly filter to you after dealing with the Symbols, because if you try and slug it out with inherently Enemy Boosted enemies en masse you’ll probably get wrecked. Virunga isn’t really a threat once he’s alone.

Video- Chapter 7 Outro

Watch

Krgh…! It’s not over yet! My love will not lose!
Stop.
What!? S-Seraph Lamington!?
Virunga, step aside for now. You have done your job.
…Y-Yes, sir!
Are you here to take her back, too?
You should show her more affection. After all, is she not your sister?
You believe that she is, which is why you’ve been trying so hard to protect her…
Am I correct?
Hmph!
Wait a minute. When the Queen died, the Prince didn’t have a little sister…
And why would the child of a human and a demon be an angel?
Seraph…?
…You may still not be ready for this, but I suppose I must tell you now in order for you to be able to accept the whole truth.

The Seraph is now going to explain how this worked.

…How could I forget?
Your mother saved you by sacrificing her own life…
When she did, she was pregnant with Sicily.
When she died, she had the potential to become an angel, but she chose to pass that privilege along to the baby in her womb.
She said that she didn’t want her baby to die because of her own selfish actions.
I accepted her decision, and Sicily became an angel. Her name was given to her by her mother.
Does that mean Sicily really is the Prince’s little sister?
It’s love…
What saved Laharl, and what saved Sicily, was motherly love.
So it’s my fault you’re an angel.
Wh-Why would you say that!? How could you think something so twisted!?

Laharl’s actually feeling pretty bad about this.

You never would’ve had to live all alone in Celestia, or have been called the Demon Angel.
Sicily…you should be angry at me.
Flonne…do you understand why I didn’t tell Sicily earlier?
Huh?
The one who changed Sicily’s destiny was her mother.
If her mother had not made the decision to save Laharl, Sicily would not have been an angel.
My biggest fear for her was that she would hate her mother if she found out…
Does this mean Laharl was trying to protect his mother…?
Big Brother, I’m not going to hate anyone.
Because if Mommy didn’t save Big Brother… And if she didn’t turn me into an angel…
I never would’ve met my kind brother. And I’m really grateful for that.
Sicily…
Don’t call me kind! Do you dare mock the Overlord!?
No.

What!?
Should I start with a hug, and then kiss you?
Good for you, Prince!
This is not good! G-Get away from me!
W-Wait! Big Brother!
I’m so happy for her! She doesn’t seem to have any hard feelings.
I still can’t believe she’s his little sister…but oh well…
It’s funnier this way.

We also remember something more important.

It’s about these Yuie flowers!

But that will have to wait for the start of next chapter.

Preview time.

Why am I a dog!?
Many traps impede their way. A passing Fallen Angel, Flonne, gets caught in them. But Etna eludes them with ease!
Help me!

What? Big Brother was dead, too!?

Etna, you’re too harsh on my brother.
Meh.

Next Time, Disgaea D2: An extremely surprising betrayal by some very reliable allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
This chapter reminded me of something awesome that happens later, but after screwing up when Asagi shows, I'm just gonna wait and see what the next chapter actually is.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Can we punch ALL the angels until they reincarnate? Goddamn bloody assholes. Sicily excluded of course, and Seraph Lamington only gets a single punch because he's not that bad, all things considered.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Ardeem posted:

This chapter reminded me of something awesome that happens later, but after screwing up when Asagi shows, I'm just gonna wait and see what the next chapter actually is.

It's not next chapter I was getting hype too then remembered what's actually next (also pretty good honestly).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Virunga: If I say my actions are for love, then they are for love!
Angel: Why are you grinding up puppies?
Virunga: For love!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

You'd think Seraph Lamington would give at least one of his archangels Netherworld sensitivity + how-to-actually-be-loving-and-not-just-claim-to-love training so that he didn't have to come down himself to sort these things out all the time.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 18, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You'd think Seraph Lamington would give at least one of his archangels Netherworld sensitivity training so that he didn't have to come down himself to sort these things out all the time.

There's very few ways you can tell a super-racist dude "hey maybe you should be less super-racist" without that dude getting angry at you. And Lamington seems to be a finesse leader; he can't or won't lead by just bashing people around until they do what he says. So his ability to change angel culture may be somewhat limited. I assume that's why he spends most of his time manipulating demons -- he can come up with reasons to send out angels to do basically whatever as long as it looks like they're organizing against demons, and in the process he can get some cultural exchange going on, plus kill off any high-tier angels who are super-racist.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

You'd think Seraph Lamington would give at least one of his archangels Netherworld sensitivity + how-to-actually-be-loving-and-not-just-claim-to-love training so that he didn't have to come down himself to sort these things out all the time.

Given what happened to Volcanus, "Let archangels who are getting too full of themselves get roflstomped by Laharl" may just be his default plan for dealing with them.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I thought this boss fight was where the obligatory Tenpei Sato song showed up, but I guess I misremembered.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

The Archangel who shows up in Disgaea 4 suggests he is already in the process of something like this.

Ardeem posted:

Given what happened to Volcanus, "Let archangels who are getting too full of themselves get roflstomped by Laharl" may just be his default plan for dealing with them.

It's a good way to finesse around people like Virunga who aren't technically breaking any rules but equally don't 'get' it.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Feinne posted:

The Archangel who shows up in Disgaea 4 suggests he is already in the process of something like this.

I'm still scratching my head on how much political capital Lamington must have used for that nomination.
Still, considering Vulcanus and then this other V-named rear end in a top hat the new archangel was probably the best angel he could have put on the job, and that's utterly terrifying.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Omobono posted:

I'm still scratching my head on how much political capital Lamington must have used for that nomination.
Still, considering Vulcanus and then this other V-named rear end in a top hat the new archangel was probably the best angel he could have put on the job, and that's utterly terrifying.

The Seraph is a weird angel but he's also by a long margin the strongest one and that makes it really easy for the more rear end in a top hat ones to grudgingly go along with things.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
There's something oddly satisfying to me about nobody in the Netherworld knowing/caring about Laharl being Overlord while pretty much all of Celestia is keenly aware of it.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone mentioned way back that Sicily's origin story would be very obvious in hindsight. Is there some big piece I was missing that would make it seem obvious? It wasn't on my radar at all.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Chuu posted:

Someone mentioned way back that Sicily's origin story would be very obvious in hindsight. Is there some big piece I was missing that would make it seem obvious? It wasn't on my radar at all.

There are plenty of ways to change from one race to another in Disgaea.

If Laharl's mother never had the chance to have another child when she was alive, then obviously it happened after she died!
Okay, so the mother became a Prinny, not an Angel, but that doesn't quite seem fair when you actually think about what happened.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Huh. My money was on an old college fling Laharl's mom had with an angel. Or whatever the witch equivalent of college is. TBH I never even considered they actually shared both parents. After the bit with Etna and her brother it seemed like they were building up to the TRUE MEANING of what it means to be relatives.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Feinne, I was just going over the Demon Gaze 2 trailer, and it does seem like the party members are a good mix of races- Mostly human, but I saw a few Neys, Elves, and the black-skinned white-haired dude with fangs could be a Migmy or Dwarf, but I'm not sure.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Chuu posted:

So from original Disgaea we knew how his mother died, and in the ending of that you do see her in Celestia with Mid-Boss. The exact details aren't necessarily obvious but the general thrust of how it could happen kinda is.

Update either tonight or tomorrow, I've got footage but I've still got to make the video for the chapter opening.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That sure looks like a retcon to explain away Laharl's mother going to hell for picking suicide. Oh wait a minute. Sicily would have been sent to hell as well without this convenience. Mid-Boss sure made a good deal with Lamington.
Those angels sure say random things when they attack.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 19, 2016

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Thirty-One: Unsurprising Issue

Let’s get to these more important questions.

Video- Chapter Eight Intro

Watch

Exactly. We were surprised by what’s happening here, too.
Which is why I sent angels to investigate… But all of those angels have gone missing.
Apparently other angels who were here before we started the investigation are also missing.
Now it’s my turn to ask the questions. Do you have any idea where these missing angels are?
Nope, not at all. And I don’t care.
Hey Prince, don’t you think it’s strange?
I can’t help but think there’s some connection between the missing angels and the flowers that are popping up.
Now that you mention it, you’re right.
I think so, too!

Flonne has an idea that, in a more sane setting, would be very good.

That is a great suggestion. Will you calm all the demons who are blaming everything on us angels?
Grh…! But…
Instead of trying to get the demons to work with the angels, it’d be faster if we just look for the angels on our own.
In that case, I’ll go look!
Sicily…?
Are you doing this to atone for fighting angel soldiers?
Even if you find the angels, you will not be absolved of your crimes.
I am not doing this for atonement, Seraph.
I just want to help everyone who helped me…
When this is all over, I will accept whatever punishment I deserve. So, please.
I see.
Very well. I will leave the search for them to you. I’m counting on you, Sicily.
Yes, Seraph!

Yeah Sicily this is probably a bad idea.

Wait. Are you just gonna wander around the Netherworld looking for them?
Yeah. Why?
Are you an idiot? How do you expect to find them without any leads?
More importantly, it’s too dangerous! Let’s all help her, yeah?
That sounds like too much work…
Etna! Aren’t you worried about Sicily?
Thanks, Flonne, but I’ll be okay on my own.
I’m the one who said I wanted to look. I don’t want to bother everyone else with this.
Your pitiful attempt to be selfless is already starting to bother me.
You do know that you’re my vassal and my sister, right? I can’t let you just do whatever you want.
Big Brother…
…Even though he denies it, the Prince is always so nice to Sicily.
Hmhmhm, has Laharl finally awakened to the power of love?
What are you two gossiping about?
Don’t worry about it. We don’t think that you’re uncharacteristically attached to that sister of yours or anything.
…Wait, you’re thinking the exact opposite, aren’t you?

Flonne gets us back on track, and Laharl’s actually going to have an uncharacteristically good idea too.

I don’t like how you said that…
Besides, we don’t need to look for them ourselves.
That’s right, we can always just make the Prinny Squad do it.
No. There’s a more qualified person in my old man’s group, remember?
Do you mean the treasure hunter, Rainier?
I see. Since she can find treasures, she should also be able to find angels.
I don’t know if that’ll work, but it’s better than looking ourselves.
We can make the rest of my old man’s group look, too. It’ll be their punishment for trying to oppose me earlier.
Hey, you there, Prinny!
What is it, dood?
Call my old man’s group and tell them to come here.

One thing is definitely characteristic, though. You can’t trust demons.

They were saying something like, “While they’re dealing with the angels, we can put our final plan into motion,” dood.
Final plan? What are they going to do?
Whatever it is, I’m 100% certain that it isn’t good.
I see, so they were just using me this whole time…
Dammit! Go find them! And once you do, make them look for the angels without food or rest!
A-Aye aye, dood!

Looks like we’ve got to deal with these jerks again.

Next Time, Disgaea D2: These Jerks Again.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 23, 2016

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Those jerks again?

Wait, that's actually a good thing. Haven't really been feelin' the rest of the antagonists featured so far.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
So, I guess all the angels that attacked Sicily aren't going be punished because 'getting your rear end kicked by' doesn't count as 'fighting' another angel?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Tendales posted:

So, I guess all the angels that attacked Sicily aren't going be punished because 'getting your rear end kicked by' doesn't count as 'fighting' another angel?

They're just generics, so presumably they either reincarnate or just go to the Angel Hospital. Plot rules don't apply to generics.

(That Archangel is a different story, though...)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Frankly, I'd be surprised if Sicily gets any meaningful punishment from her actions (not that she deserves any, mind you), because Laharl is going to have words with Celestia otherwise.

Over/under for Grosso's group and/or the new Archangel being behind the flowers?
Although Etna's brother feels suspicious too.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

The last time this happened the Seraph handed out what could definitely be noted as a non-punishment (especially since Flonne eventually takes a correspondence course to re-certify as a proper Angel) so chances are it's not exactly going to be harsh.

The Krichevskoy Group are really funny because they keep displaying a fundamental lack of understanding how this whole Overlord succession thing really works. Like you can pull all the politics and trickery bullshit you want but at the end of the day you still need to be able to actually do something about whoever's currently calling themselves Overlord if they're not willing to just leave on their own. It's like a coup where you've subverted the military but whoops the guy in charge is singlehandedly stronger than their combined force so it doesn't even matter. Because at the end of the day the Overlord kind of IS a Netherworld's main military asset.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I've beaten the first two Disgaeas (and beat the hardest version of the superboss in Dark Hero Days) and decided to pick this one up because of the thread recommendations. I managed to get a few 9999 characters and picked up some R40 gear before realizing just how hard the superboss was going to be. I managed to squeeze through DHD with only one character who had maxed out gear, but the idea of outfitting three or more people with level 300 gear and reincarnating a bunch of times (and thus by necessity actually farming statisticians) and then stealing stats seems like a nightmare hole I'm just not willing to delve into.

That being said, I had fun with the 35 hours I put into it, so, thanks thread!

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah the final bonus boss is super absurd.

Update tomorrow, two maps with story in both. We'll get an idea what the Krichevskoy Group is on about.

Oh, there is a new side area that is in theory available, I might put it off until after this chapter to make it a bit easier to get through.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 22, 2016

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
:siren: Disgaea 2 is coming to Steam, January 2017. :siren:

I don't normally point out typos, but...

Etna: Instead of trying to get the demons to work with the angels, it’d be faster if we just took for the angels of our own.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 22, 2016

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I don't normally point put typos, but...

Etna: Instead of trying to get the demons to work with the angels, it’d be faster if we just took for the angels of our own.

Oh the irony...

Or is this poetic justice? We seem to have forgotten what these words and phrases mean in the current times.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Cool. I'm glad to see NIS are serious about the PC. Maybe someday they'll even port one of their good games.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I don't normally point out typos, but...

Yeesh two in one line, fixed.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

FractalSandwich posted:

Cool. I'm glad to see NIS are serious about the PC. Maybe someday they'll even port one of their good games.
Judging by what this sentence is implying, they released CladunX2 years ago. Get to it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206250/

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Thirty-Two: These Jerks Again

Let’s go chase after the Krichevskoy Group, and figure out what the hell is up with these idiots this time.

Video- Dark Impact

Watch

They’ve got a nice creepy fortress going here.

I guess they weren’t really hiding or anything, unlike those missing angels…
What could they be scheming in a place like this!?
What is this?

And a rather unpleasant magic wall thing.

Kyah! It shocked me!
Are you okay!?
That setup…must be to keep out intruders…
Dammit! This is so annoying!
Nyahahahaha! It’s useless. Strong magic was used to make this magical repelling wall.
Even with your considerable strength, it will not be easily broken.
Dammit! I don’t care what it is, turn it off right now!
Seeing that you’re here, were you able to drive off the angels?
Relax, Grosso! Celestia wasn’t invading the Netherworld. The Seraph gave us his word!
Have the flowers all disappeared?
Well…not yet…
Then I cannot deactivate this wall just yet.
What are you up to, dammit!?

Looks like Grosso and his group are planning on chumping out of this.

And with it, we will forge a new Netherworld. It’s the only way we can proudly preserve the Netherworld King Krichevskoy established.
Basically you’re doing a large-scale shut-in…
…That doesn’t sound like something to be proud of.
Shut up!
drat you… Do you think you can do this without my permission!?
We don’t need your permission.
You can just pick the flowers with everyone else on the other side of this wall.
Get back here!
Krgh…!
Are you okay, Big Brother?
Dammit! I don’t care what this thing is! I’m going to blast through it and drag them all out here!

So this map is another Encroach gimmick, this time covering the map with Evade. Evade seems to be an actual SPD buff now rather than a flat 50% increased chance to dodge, which is actually really bad for us and great for the enemies on this map. It’s got a bunch of Fight Masters who have the Evility that makes their counters always hit for one. These guys are double annoying if we let them get on Evade panels since they’re already good at dodging. The Rifle Demons are also an irritant, since they have very high HIT. These ones have very powerful regular Attacks and gun style range, so watch for that as well. I’d suggest blowing up the stuff near the base panel early to give you some breathing room, then throw over to clear the Geo Effects since they’re mostly adverse to you and by that point might be covering a significant amount of the room.

We get more plot with the next map.

Video- Dark Barren Road

Watch

This time we run into the person we actually wanted to talk to.

You have no right to complain. You’re the one who barged in here!
So…did you come to me because you can’t sleep at night and you wanted to try sleeping in my bosom!?
Hell no! I don’t wanna sleep with some busty broad like you!
You tell her! When he can’t sleep, we promised that we’d sleep together!
I didn’t promise anything like that!
Sicily, when you were talking about loving the Prince, you weren’t kidding were you?
Please listen to us, Rainier. Celestia has nothing to do with the Yuie flowers.
So please don’t shut yourselves in there, and help us look for missing angels!
What? I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I have decided that I will be living here from now on.
With the new King Krichevskoy!

Who lets us know about someone else we want to ‘talk’ to. By killing them.

Who is it? That demon who can only follow orders?
Barbara? No, we found someone new.
A new demon worthy of bearing Krichevskoy’s name!
So you found another no-good demon to call Overlord, huh?
If you swear your allegiance to the new King Krichevskoy, we’ll let you join us.
Fool. Not just any demon can become the Overlord! I’m the only Overlord the Netherworld needs.
Is that so? Too bad. In that case, we don’t have any use for you. Scram!
I can’t leave now that I know some other demon is claiming to be the Overlord…!
I wonder who this new Krichevskoy is…
She seemed really proud. Do you think this new person is stronger than Barbara?
Maybe this person looks exactly like King Krichevskoy…
Prince, I’m really curious. Let’s bust through this wall and chase after her!
Okay! Let’s go check out what this new guy looks like!

A bit of a tricky map here coming up.

So the Purple panels are No Entry, which prevents us throwing across the middle to cross the map. The Red panels are Silence and No Lifting, just to be annoying. There are also Yellow panels that are ATK+50 at the end of the Red just to make things harder on us. The Rifle Demons here are all of flavors that let them do splash damage on their Attacks, so we can’t rely entirely on Defending to protect our vanguard. There are also three Sea Angels, generic versions of Rainier. These will buff all the enemies on the map as long as they’re alive as well as having some rather powerful buff spells. There are two ways to go about this. We can tower throw to the symbols and clear them so as to remove the Silence effect from our approach, though this will almost certainly result in the loss of whoever is in the later portions of the tower. We can also just try and slug our way through the Silence region on one side and rely on a few powerful characters to take control of it and break us into the back side legitimately. That’s the choice I make, since Asagi backed up by an Armor Knight can get through alive and take them out. Either way works.

That’s enough for today, we’ll pick this up again next time.

Next Time, Disgaea D2: The New King.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Knowing Disgaea, I bet that the new king is just a prinny with silly hair.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

BlazeEmblem posted:

Knowing Disgaea, I bet that the new king is just a prinny with silly hair.

I really, really hope it's either that or somebody with a cardboard MidBoss mask.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe
It's the Prism Rangers.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Omobono posted:

I really, really hope it's either that or somebody with a cardboard MidBoss mask.

Mid-Boss in a prinny suit.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Your theories on the Krichevskoy Group's new prospect should definitely be colored by the fact that their schemes have been universally dumb as hell so far. I also owe some character things, might do one later today with Angels or some monsters or something. I've actually got uses for Sea Angels so you'll probably see one on my side in the near future, and an Item World expedition got me a kill of an Empusa so I've got Succubi a bit earlier than would otherwise be.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Perhaps a Bonsai tree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?
I hope it's just Vyers.

• Locked thread