Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This Bartz the Light Warrior has become Foreverial Tiedup Bartz and he was fully delitized with his organs and inside and literally his whole body changed into a permanent living bologna version with permanent living bologna organs and insides and a permanent bologna, ham and cream cheese tongue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yes, the GBA version is the best version.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Normal means you get one of each job set. Random means you get one of each job set from at or before that crystal (so water gets wind and water, fire gets fire, wind and water, earth gets all four.) Chaos means you can get all 20 jobs from any crystal. Don't play Natural, it's the shittiest thing ever.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nihilarian posted:

Wasn't there a player who hit those pitfalls like a hundred times

Hi

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Nihilarian posted:

Hello, what is your opinion on Geomancer vs. Red Mage

I'd rather have Red Mage

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Geomancer has poo poo stats in everything, Bells are a poor man's axe and pointless for anything but selling for money, Gaia is loving worthless for a majority of the game, Time Mage does all of its jobs better, there are pit traps in, like, one area.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ciaphas posted:

Does anywhere say what the flying hell 750/no-750/chaos/natural/double dog dare/gently caress faris modes actually are, I have never figured out how to find anything on reddit

Schwartzcough posted:

We can't be sure about this year, but probably the only change will be the new "mystery" option. Here's a link to the other likely commands: http://fourjobfiesta.com/help.php

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mountaineer posted:

I didn't do BERSERKERRISK last year, but will this time. If I'm unlucky enough to roll three zerks, what would hypothetically be the best and worst jobs to have as my one non-berserker?

Summoner or Bard, Knight or Geomancer or some other poo poo like that.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

All I remember is !speedtrap because alcharagia kept hitting it.

*ojou-sama laugh*

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
A singular Berserker is one of the better classes you can get

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Yes, asking people for help on devising stupid strategies is half the fun.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*cackles* Samurai/Berserker/Berserker/Samurai, baby!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hammers and axes are the same thing, there is no difference

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
hello this is a post about the sealed temple.

"It's my house!"

WHAT IS THE SEALED TEMPLE?

The Sealed Temple is an extra dungeon added to FF5 in the GBA version, and iOS if you're a stupid idiot who plays iOS. It is full of postgame-y nonsense, palette swaps, puzzles, and Enuo. He's a worthless piece of poo poo, so he also starts with P, it works.

WOW! SOUNDS LIKE FUN! CAN I DO IT?

Probably not, because you need a very specific set of job circumstances to perform a Sealed Temple Fiesta run. Source: I did it.

OH NO! WHAT AM I GONNA NEED?

In order to complete the Sealed Temple, there are two specific jobs you must have and one condition the other two must fulfill.

#1: You must have Thief.

I steal only what I can't afford! (That's everything.)

There's an area in the Sealed Temple that requires you to use Dash in order to get past. Obviously, this means you must have Thief. Congratulations! You can steal!

#2: You must have Beastmaster.

There's a certain annoying jackass in the Sealed Temple who is insistent that you Catch a Behemoth in order to progress! Beastmaster is the class that does that!

<--- A Behemoth.

#3: You must have either a source of non-elemental magic damage or White Mage.

"My, that's rather specific!" you might be thinking. "Why do you need that?" Here's why you need it:

"OH YEAHHHHH"

This OBNOXIOUS FUCKER is named Archeodemon, and he will destroy you. Why? I'm glad you asked, Timmy! Archeodemon absorbs all elements, and is undead and counters all physical attacks with Death which fully heals him, and he has 62,000 MP. Ergo, if you have neither Reflect (to bounce the Death counters) or magic damage (to... damage him,) you actually cannot kill him! He has 62,000 MP! And Mega Flare! You won't live that long, I'm sorry. Also you have to beat him to fight any of the Temple's three superbosses.

The classes which fit this category are Black Mage, Summoner, Time Mage, Chemist, Bard, and Blue Mage if you're interested in playing level shenanigans with a level 17 enemy.

SO IF I HAVE ALL THAT, CAN I BRING A BERSERKER IN TOO?! I LOVE BERSERKERS!!!

Go ahead, Timmy. Go right ahead.

Also watch out for dragons.

I AM SINISTAR. BEWARE I LIVE

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Catoblepas tries his hardest, but I do not think there has ever been a game where he was a useful summon.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

CeallaSo posted:

and Time is almost certainly more broken than Summoner.

That is very arguable.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
That loving guy,

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

get hosed nedward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

numerrik posted:

You can get berserker without going berserker risk? gently caress.

Well... yeah?

• Locked thread