Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Ronald Moore tells us about Voyager.

http://www.lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm

quote:

If you are really just so concerned that this week’s episode won’t make sense because you didn’t see that episode three years ago, why can’t STAR TREK do like ALLY MCBEAL, or THE PRACTICE, or ER, all the big successful shows do. Put a little recap at the top of the show: ‘Previously, on STAR TREK: VOYAGER...’—even if it’s an episode from two years ago. You just quickly get the audience up to speed, because the audience is not stupid. The audience has watched television for a long time. 

Previously on Star Trek Voyager: "I killed a copuh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The time Picard, Guinan and Ro turned into kids and took the ship back from the ferengi while kid Keiko was not only still useless but also making incredibly discomforting sexual innuendos

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Diane Duane novels from the early 80s that fleshed out Romulan society are cool & good and heavily referenced in the JJ Abrams reboots but yeah everything else is unsalvageable borderline fanfic.

The ones they paid Shatner to put his name on are post-mortem Tom Clancy bad.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 3, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I had talking Riker and Picard but never found Q :smith:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

THS posted:

dinosaurs but grimdark and full of sex and violence

go outside

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Orville unironically deserves to be acknowledged as TNG season 8

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that time Kira wanted to genocide an entire universe because it was breaking her windows

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I hope the picard show is a live action american dad spinoff and Stewart just plays Bullock In Space

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tighclops posted:

Like they only made Voyager to prop up UPN and look how that turned out, have we all learned nothing

UPN could've stood on its own two feet just fi-

https://youtu.be/HNFyQsvWJ_k

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I seriously challenge anyone to find me a more late 80's/early 90's-looking still from a movie/tv show

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Did someone say O'Brien is the only character it's okay to like unironicallly because Moogie is bae.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

First Moogie or second Moogie?

first, I'm still only on S3

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hmmmmm

bomb guy

Jennifer "Kes" Lien

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Kitchner posted:

Doesn't excuse the fact McCoy is basically space racist to spock though.

I've been making my way through DS9 the last few weeks and it's really jarring how spacist O'Brien is to everyone.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The true cost of space racism is that he was so blinded by hatred of the Pah-wraith he missed his offramp to the life with Kira they both obviously wanted.

"I'm gonna kill Keiko if you don't do exactly what I say"

"OH MY GOD THANK YOU FINALLY I'M FREE"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Kitchner posted:

Which star trek character has the best chance of beating Batman?

Banned entries:
  • Guinans unspecified powers
  • Shirtless Picard
  • Q
  • Riker when he is a Q
  • Q (not that Q)
  • Child Q
  • The Edo Guardian
  • Loxanna Troi

Quark indirectly by examining the WayneCorp accounting books and placing a few select tips to the IRS

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Batman is on the station and everyone calls him mourn because he's just a sad alcoholic mess ever since the Founders wouldn't let him help bring perfect order to the universe.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Danaru posted:

Who in the Federation would be able to defeat Perfect Cell

Jadzia

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So, turns out CBS doesn't actually have to give a poo poo whether anybody watches STD or not because Netflix's deal for the international rights put the entire project in the black before they even started shooting.

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-budget-netflix-cbs/amp/

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Barclay only got in trouble because he was causing biological events in the public Fully Automated Gay Space Communism holodeck. In Quark's more transactional world, both client and jizz-mopper know exactly what they're getting into and probably signed half a dozen bloodborne pathogen waivers.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Well I think we're done here, the rest of this thread is going to be emptyquotes of this until goldmine.

As it should.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I just binged all of DS9 S6 today and holy gently caress that was a lot to take in all at once

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Never seen Voyager :lol: the goofy cat guy from all the gifs has a dark past

I think his home planet got blown up because of his raging meth addiction or some poo poo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Orville is like if someone left the bastard child of TNG and Seinfeld at a pawn shop with the serial numbers filed off.

(It's Good)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Danaru posted:

Future Odo was right to change the Defiant's flight plan so the present-crew doesnt get biffed back in time, and framing the 8000 or so people as "dying" is stupid because you could just as easily argue that by going back in time they're killing just as many potential people and *faaaaart* that episode was bad

Not as bad as the time they rehashed exactly the same time paradox, except gently caress you it's also a Keiko episode

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I'm a few eps into DS9 S7, does The Sisko ever rub it in Bashir's face that oh hey buddy guess what I was genetically engineered too... BY GODS.

Is that common ground why he's got such a talent for building healthy working relationships with JemHadar?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I want a series that's nothing but The Founders making plans to defend against Q

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pick posted:

diane duance novels apparently have a Romulan romulannness

Roddenberry hated them so much he tried to get them yanked out of publication, therefore they are good

Also I would unironically subscribe to CBS All Access for Garak's Weekly Holoprogram Cheers & Jeers

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 16, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh poo poo was not expecting Tuco Salamanca to show up in DS9

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

DS9 is the best trek for how it keeps hammering home that Nerds Are Bad Mmkay

Learn to cook, viewer. Learn baseball. Listen to Vic.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jake isn't a nerd though. Odo, Bashir, and Worf are nerds.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Last ep I watched was Jim "Dukat" Jones and I kept hoping that somehow, SOMEHOW, Keiko would show up and call him out on his bullshit.

Wraith Keiko Best Keiko

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Just finished DS9 and realized that the only episode I saw live when it was first-run was the series finale

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The dominion don't even know what their deal is but Nerys got that helmet from somewhere

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Didn't one of the producers at some point say he imagined the breen as not even humanoid, in his mind there's just a lil' pickle rick in there somewhere unexpected

probably in the shoe

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

That was all an act, he actually lost vision weeks before that but was too proud to admit being blinded by the majesty of the Kai's orbs.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Think of it as an illustrated radio play

It's a shame they never got the original cast back together to give it the sealab treatment

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 22, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i get it on netflix uk (probably because i do not think we can get cbs all access), you would think theyd use the data from that and see that nobody wants their lovely streaming service and join hulu or netflix

unless getting 100% of the tiny amount of cbsaa subscriber money turns out to be more than whatever cut netflix uk gives them, but i doubt it

Netflix made an incredibly stupid deal which singlehandedly keeps the show profitable and may be locked in for five years. Whatever they're making on CBS All Access is just gravy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-budget-netflix-cbs/amp/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So what, Khan's death camps only killed half the people who marched into the showers and the rest had to go into quality hold until they could be reworked?