Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Don't snap their necks. Toss them in two layers of ziploc bag and strike them against the counter as hard as you possibly can. Bluntforce impact will kill them in an instant and you're very likely to not pop their neck right unless you know what you're doing (Tendai's done it so much that they likely do). Like, you're out to kill them. Smash them like you're smashing a coconut to break it open. I literally mean as hard as you can. Do it two or three times to be sure, but if you're doing it hard enough they die on the first swing. You're just doing the extra two or three to make sure (kind of like when they euthanize a pet they give a dose so high it can't possibly survive it when half would suffice).

E: I also don't suggest bricking because I've missed once or twice trying it that way and watching a mouse twitch weakly, obviously still alive, trying to drag it's smashed middle section around is really sad. I raised mice for a good long while. I usually don't use the ziploc, I just bang the poo poo out of them on the counter by their tail. But without the ziploc method you run the risk of degloving a dead mouse's tail (never handle your mice only by the tail if they're pets~) and that's terrifying for the average person, even if the mouse is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jenner posted:

Get a snake. Feed mice to snake. Problem solved.

Never do this with wild rodents. You have no idea what they're carrying and more than a few keepers who have tried this have lost snakes due to poisons, parasites and what not.

• Locked thread