Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Papercut posted:

I tried Reaper for the first time today. Holy poo poo is he fun. I just wish his voice lines were better.

Reaper really needs an alt voice pack that's just Kieth Ferguson rereading all his lines using the Bloo voice from back when he was on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It would go a long way in making Reaper actually appealing.

I wouldn't mind a Ned Kelly skin for Roadhog, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Am I missing something about Winston? His shield might as well be styrafoam, and the cooldown is ridiculous at over ten seconds. On top of that, his super only really shines on maps with lots of pits to work with.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

3 Minutes Ago Report: I and another goon were in a party on PS4 in competitive KotH. We stomped first round, went to 99/99 and lost round 2 due to pubbies not grasping the new Overtime fuse timing, stomped round 3, and then round 4 happened. We were going swimmingly with 75/0 when we killed off three very aggro players at once, which was suddenly interrupted by "THE SERVER CLOSED DUE TO AN UNEXPECTED ERROR," which flushed us back to the title screen.

Was that just really poo poo luck on our part, or is there a way to rage quit and cheat the competitive system that we got hosed by?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Got the USSR Zaraya skin from my freebie, I look forward to cosplaying as Zero Suit Samus the way she should have been. :mad:

Bruceski posted:

D.Va, Genji :japan:, McCree :911:, Mercy, Torbjorn :sweden:, Widowmaker, :france:
We don't have a crying Korea flag?! poo poo, somebody needs to get on this.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Yes. Please do not be our fourth D.Va.

UGH fine I'll be third Mei then.

dick.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

The next event will most definitely be Halloween (dataminers found a Halloween voice line for Genji), and that's probably when we'll find out whether they'll be changing the policy on event skins and currency.

There's also the Polaroid pic on the Osprey of Torb and Mercy dressed up as a viking and a witch. Which is kinda disappointing, I want box-bot Torb spouting bot-cist stuff.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Reinhardt better get a Frankenstein skin for Halloween. Also Ana should get a mummy skin and Hanzo should get a Robin Hood outfit. Roadhog could get a Jason style skin with a hockey mask, and 76 could get a Thriller style getup or something. Junkrat... uh... kinda already has a bunch of Halloween skins. Maybe he'd ironically get a normal outfit, or they'd do a Leto Joker or something?

Roadhog could have the Leatherface tie and rubber apron combo with a pig mask, or just a poorly fitting pig mascot outfit. I still want a skin with Ned Kelly's armor, though.

Junkrat has a few opportunities I could think of: Angus Young style schoolboy outfit, tatty Guy Fawkes outfit, a Mick Taylor style 'bogan' outfit, cardboard box robot Omnic (complete with awkward D.Va and Bastion conversations)... I could go on.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah I mean let's be fair, there are a bunch of things Overwatch could do better but it's far from some irredeemable shitshow and even if Blizzard insists on acting like they invented the FPS it's a pretty impressive first outing.
I see it as a solid C+ setting the bell curve in the middle of a four semester streak of knuckle dragging bed-shitters.

I don't consider that damning with faint praise, either.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Sancho posted:

I've been getting the packet loss/connection issue icon all weekend. Never got that before.

Same here, I've never noticed the little squares before this weekend. Maybe it's the PS4 free weekend?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

My last competitive placement match an hour ago had a level 20 mic-less pubbie Mei on our team. We were playing CTF and we lost.

That level 20 pub deserved to be MVP. I have no idea who they are, but they made walls so well timed that I forgive them twice over for ult-freezing four times over five matches.

PS - gently caress you, bronze star slampick genji pubbie, I couldda started at Plat you gently caress.

The map didn't even favor him, Christ I have that guy.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kashuno posted:

7 minute bnet queue then login into overwatch and get "there are 3000 players in front of you"

Found this in the mean time

Christ, even the support tickets are fetish efficient. There's at least three there I can name off the top of my head.

If anyone needs me, I'll be editing the wiki to reflect that Roadhog is now the canon protaganist.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Semper Fudge posted:

literally the only excuse for this Sombra business is that they scrapped everything about the character in the last month and had to start from scratch

Well it's not like Chris Metzen just walked out, right? :v:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm really glad to hear they're planning, even distantly, on reworking Symmetra.

I think it's been shown that sometimes a character only needs a little nudge to become a powerhouse, and a new E ability with some actual oomph and strategy could really turn her around.

Where'd you hear that?

Also I don't care about Sombra, I want the guy in the Hazmat suit with the sprayer for some classic Pyro fun.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Uh Reaper is getting a skin where he just has a white sheet over him with eyeholes cut out.

Nah man, he's getting a pink/white tutu 'cause of all the ult bunny-hopping.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Can't wait for them to reuse the full image for the Spring Easter event. Roadhog is gonna be cute as hell in that Playboy bunny outfit with fishnets.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Their shady lore is very unambiguously evil and venal. They turned a huge chunk of Australia into Fallout, basically

Nah man, Blizzard has gone on record to say that Roadhog is actually the hero of the story.

Sorry about your headcanon. :(

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kashuno posted:

Junkrat: You hook 'em, I'll cook 'em.
Roadhog: ...Shut up.

Roadhog: Try and stay out of trouble for once.
Junkrat: I'll be on me best behavior.

Ilios?: Mm... Pretty place. Be a shame to have to kill someone here.

Kings Row: Pretty sure they're still mad about those jewels we stole. *sigh* I miss that crown.

Dorado: Now I know why they call this place Dorado. *laughs*

Nepal: I feel... at peace here. But I'll have to kill again.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Torb constantly generates scrap in PTR now, right? How slowly does it generate?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

Is there an optimal framerate I'm missing or something? I jumped on a winston in a 1v1 and we just sat there eletrocuting each other, despite me dealing an initial 50 he still out-dpsed me.

Ditto, but with point blank Mei freezing.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Runefaust posted:

Chiming in to say: Blizzard needs to hop on Terry Crews offering himself up to voice Doomfist. God drat, this would rock.

Wait, what.

WHAT?!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Dyz posted:

No. Increase projectile speed, remove the proximity explosion after the 1st bounce.

Nonsense, just make using a XBone or PS4 controller mandatory.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

When is the deadline to get Christmas event skins? Monday at 5 cst?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Was there any truth to the post about Blizzard saying they were going to make the Mei Chrimbus skin less of a pallet swap?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

gnome7 posted:

Also Bastion isn't evil. Bastion Units, as a whole, were defense turrets that got hacked by actually-evil super AIs bent on world domination. The specific Bastion Unit that you can play as in the game was one who woke up 10 years after the war, all hacking forgotten/gone from his systems. Did you miss the bit at the end where he overrode the attack code to go back to nature? Bastion wants peace, he's just stuck in a body built for war.

Mei has a pre--match bark that says 'Bastion would make the perfect research assistant.'

Therefore, Bastion is confirmed in-game as Evil.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

I want a Baywatch Reinhardt skin.

I'd love a Magnum P.I. skin for McCree.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

TF2 releasing a week after the Fortress Forever mod was the biggest dunking on another multiplayer game until Overwatch continually counter-scheduled against all of Battleborn's poo poo over a period of months

Battleborn was a case of self-dunking with player pools segregated by country, a match system where everyone lost if someone quit or even D/C'd, and balance issues so ingrained in the game's mission statement that they were an intentional part of the Season Pass.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Has the New Year's event ended yet, or will it be around until the reset later this evening?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

slydingdoor posted:

18 became Mei.

They still need to use it. There's just too many goofy pyro loadouts not to.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rirse posted:

Mei's brother the Heatmizer, who looks like her but has junkrat's hair.

Also, he has a toolset built around booping, placement, and DOT...

... and he's 70% less evil than Mei.

That still makes him a villain, though.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753516591

Ana nerfs, Sombra and Zen buffs, some weird QOL changes for other characters.

Junkrat... got a buff?! :aaa:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A character with no damaging attacks. Nothing but really obnoxious CC abilities like heavy slow, jamming enemy guns, remapping controls, temporary blind, etc. Ultimate attack would basically be the Overwatch equivalent of fighting a Marlboro in a Final Fantasy game and getting hit by Bad Breath.

Bottom Liner posted:

I want a tank that can taunt which aimbots the target player to you exclusively. Make that same tank not have a shield to balance it to a nice risk/reward level and make the range about 5-10 yards.

Make it an Omnic voiced by Dave Foley channeling Yes-Man and you're set.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Guys guys please stop fighting. McCree and Solider 76 both suck compared to Junkrat, the best character in the game.

Finally, someone speaking some sense up in here. :brrring:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

It's gonna be a community hats update

Nah, that's not nearly fetishized enough to sell loot boxes.

It's gonna be shoes.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Bumper Stickup posted:

Annniversary skins leak. Zarya skin is good in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/OverwatchKR/status/865374284268437504

That Zarya skin is so tacky and awful I can't help but love it. :shobon:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

So far, it feels like they added Winston simply to have a Lol Talking Gorilla and can't really figure out what to do with him. If this rumor is legitimate, adding Hammond the (Evil?) Talking Chimpanzee just means that my first impression of Winston was completely accurate.

If the anniversary card sprays mean anything they don't, Winston is the catalyst behind a new rift in Overwatch - People optimistic for a new future who want to intervene now (Winston, Tracer, Reindhart, Zenyatta), and the jaded former members who rather let things fall apart and pick up the pieces (Jack, Anna, Torbjorn, Mercy).

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

+ Torb and Bastion are palsl
+ Sombra and McCree are pals

When did either of these happen? Torb hates anything remotely related to the omnics, and Sombra just needles McCree with personal information he wants hidden (... like his first name being Joel.)

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kuros posted:

Trump is the ultimate Hanjo?

Nah, he's throwing the match really hard, but Hanjo was never obnoxious. Just a simple "I Hanjo." every so often.

What I'm saying is Hanjo would have won.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

dogstile posted:

From what i'm seeing if you're good you can meteor hook a dragonblade pretty regularly.

I'm seeing doomfist pre-nerf Roadhog as "strong" just because on a solid hit he murders folks and its not that difficult to land a solid hit. I'll find out more when he's live un-nerfed, but i honestly cannot wait
I'm not bitter or anything, though. :nallears:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757707113?page=6#post-102
We're testing some stuff internally for Roadhog. The focus of changes we're trying are around his defenses, rather than his offensive capabilities. Even though the hook combo is weaker now he can still dish out a lot of damage over all. If he had some more suitability he would be in a better place.

🤔

Translation: "We're moving Roadhog to the Defense category."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Kassoon posted:

If you want to see the spooky ghost of christmas future just go look at wow pvp or heroes of the storm

Actually, just look at Heroes of the Storm. Geoff was the the head of the QA department responsible for balance changes until Jeff pulled him off of it to bring him onto Overwatch.