Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eagle J
F +1, D -1, Sa 0, Su +2, M +1

It's a normal day at Eagle Manor, you know, reading fine literature, drinking fancy tea, doing cool rich superhero things, you know~

Okay, so maybe not. Maybe I'm just in my bedroom when I get the call. Just tryin' to look fancy in front of you. As quickly as I can (which is pretty quick considering), I suit up and head out to the rooftop.

"Hey Charles, tell George I'm out when he gets back!"

And without waiting for an answer, I bound out towards the Trump Donjon.

"Alright, people, you heard the lady. We're dealing with one tough cookie. Try not to face him head-on! Mix-Up, distract him while the rest of us team up to take him out from behind! Let's go!" Unbeknownst to me, the comms had failed and nobody got the memo.

Arriving at the Donjon behind the scene, I hop up onto the wall behind the villain and get ready to jump down for a drop kick.

And then I see the rest of the team get bodied.

"Guys, what are you doing?!" Oh crap, I didn't mean to yell. I'm already coming down on him and he knows I'm here! Aah! There goes my leg!

You know in Super Mario 64 where you spin Bowser around by the tail and throw him aside? Imagine that with my leg. As I try to get off the ground, I curse myself. Dammit, I let the comms get faulty. I didn't make sure the team was briefed. It's not like they even listen to me half the time. Maybe I'm not ready to be a leader yet...

Whatever! So I messed up once! We still gotta take this guy down!

"Hey, Yankee Doodle! You think that was enough to take me down?! Do you even America?!"

Provoke: 8
So you pick whether to err, stumble, or overreact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eagle J
Pot: 0/5 Con: --

"Alright, it's worth a shot! You hear that, guys? Step back and let Mix-Up talk to him!"

"Also, what is US Caesar even a reference to?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Eagle J
Pot: 0/5 Con: --

"Listen, chum! This isn't the real American way! We're trying to help people just like you are! But causing panic and hurting people isn't the way to do it! Just put down the hammer and maybe make a petition or something. Do some grassroots activism."

I make sure to keep my distance from whatever the hell we're calling this guy, because I don't think I can handle another hit from him.

Going to Provoke him to become a REAL AMERICAN HERO:12
That went well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Pot: 1/5 Con: --

"Listen, buddy, we gotta stop you from doing this, and darned if I'm gonna let that lazy woman take all the credit for this!"

I leap up to the upper level and prepare for the signature Eagle Drop!

Engage: 5

...However, I wasn't counting on Mix-Up tossing him away, and end up burying my foot in the floor.

"Aaaaaah! My foot!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 9, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wh-What the hell's going on?! Circe's going nuts! Yankee Doodle doesn't matter now!

....What does matter is that I'm currently pinned up against him and in quite a bit of pain.

"Go for it, Mix. I just gotta...regain my composure...." I give a weak thumbs up as I pry myself off the one true American and wobble in place.

George is gonna kill me for this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Taking a blow! 10!

As my teammates drag me out of the building, my vision starts to blur and I wipe some blood from my forehead. poo poo, I got roughed up pretty bad.

"We got the building evacuated....right? Everyone....get back....we'll....handle it...."

Alas, the pain is too much for me as I fall to my knees and lose consciousness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's right...this is George Garret's training facility at his mansion. This was the day he decided to let me become a hero, I'd never forget it! I was so excited, I could hardly stay still!

"Aright, Janet, before we start our training proper, I want to get a feel for your abilities. As you can see, I've set up a series of progressively higher hurdles along the track. I want you to jump over as many as you can as quick as you can. If you're not sure of one, feel free to stop."

"Y-Yes, George! I got this!"

No way was I gonna stop. I could do anything, I have Eagle G by my side!

Okay, so the first few hurdles weren't too hard, and I even impressed him by doing some flips over the 10 foot hurdle.

"Impressive, but don't overreach!"

Then we started getting to 25 feet up, and, well, I kinda juuuust didn't make it and got my foot caught on the hurdle, causing me to twist my ankle and nearly plummet to the ground, had George not caught me.

"Yikes, Janet. I told you not to overreach. Know your limits and work within them, not beyond them."

....I guess I kinda worked beyond my limits back there at the building...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nnnngh......drat, everything hurts. My chest, my leg, my forehead now. I don't think I can even move at this point. But nothing hurts more than my pride seeing George in front of me.

"I'm sorry, G...things kinda got...out of hand. It was my fault as the leader. I swear I'll do better next time! I gotta, I'm the successor to Eagle G!"

I attempt to pump my fist, but the stabbing knives in my side when I do prevent that. "Ouchie!"

As I lay back down and George heads out of the room, I see Corsage in the doorway. "Only you, huh, Alex? Guess the others are busy with the insurance papers."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Well, six broken ribs, a broken ankle, and a bit of a concussion. Without Vitalizer, I'd probably be here for a few months. Hurts to move, hurts to think. So, pretty good, all considered."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Alex, how did you have the time to put something together like that...? I guess that's part of your sponsorship...Set it on the table over there, I'll get a nurse to put it in water."

I turn my head over to get a better look at Alex and give him as much of a smile as I can. "Don't beat yourself up over this, okay? I'm the leader, I'm supposed to take all the knocks. The fact that you guys are fine is the most important to me. Just make sure the others don't tear themselves apart before I get back, huh?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"CHAR!" This is not good. He's a notorious arsonist and one of George's archrivals! The places he hits end up hardly even ashes! If we don't stop him, there's going to be nothing left of us! Aw man, why did George leave so soon?! He knows how to take care of this guy!

Geez, my injuries are still setting, but....Whatever, Vitalizer can work on me again! I pull the IV out of my arm and push myself out of my bed, wincing slightly. I rush forward and plant a fist right in Char's ugly face!

Directly Engage: 9
Gonna surprise.

"Corsage, I need your help here, okay?!"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Taking a blow! 10!
Getting outta here!

Oh no, I don't really have much on under this gown! I'm not gonna be much help in my condition anyway...

"Corsage! I gotta get my suit! Meet up with the others!"

I make a quick leap forward past both Char and Alex, and start rushing through the halls as my gown burns away.

• Locked thread