Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

natetimm posted:

I get annoyed with the extra sweatshirts every winter here in CA. I can't imagine the laundry bullshit you goons who live in frigid, midwestern hellholes have to put up with.

You don't wash your sweatshirt every time you wear it IDIOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
Yes, it does. I've been doing it all day. Extra terrible, because drying takes so much longer on low heat (so things don't shrink). It's like - I could wash 8 loads of clothes, but only 2-3 can dry.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I just cut up an old t-shirt to make a bandana. Laundry loving rules.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
every 3 weeks i pay a chinese family $10 to wash and fold all of my laundry. sorry you dont live in an area with access to illegal chinese labor

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Was working abroad one summer when this intern kid called me one night asking "where do I put the detergent" in the washing machine?

Told him to throw it in with the clothes and it would work out just fine. He then argued with me whether that would actually be effective or not. Mofo why did you call me when you've clearly never done laundry in your 25yrs of life if all you want to do is argue?

45min later he calls me to say his washing machine is flooding his apartment and what should he do? I told him to turn it off and he argued with me about that too. Apparently ended up flooding his apartment 2x more after that. :lol:

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Even Ulilililia just did his laundry

He didn't have to de-soap it, only look at the water through a mirror, or mix it with Hamburger Helper cheese sauce to do it.

That's the bar that's been set.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In college one of the people in the dorms tried substituting in dishwashing liquid for detergent and didn't work too well.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Goddamn I hate this poo poo

Let it pile up and then it takes a whole day to take care of. Plus it's not like you can stay engaged and knock the whole batch out in a couple hours straight....Noooo you gotta do one dinky load and wait for that to finish up and then put it in the dryer and wait for that, and so on and so on

So you can't even get involved in any different tasks without getting interrupted

loving BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily, my washer and dryer are on the other side of the room that Mrs. Genesplicer and I use as our art studio, so we can set up the laundry cycle, then use the time to work on a painting or something like that. Time is not wasted that way. And it only takes a few minutes to move to the next step in the cycle.

I guess stuff like this can happen when you have been gainfully employed for decades. (In 9 days I hit 25 years at the same school!)

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

genesplicer posted:

Luckily, my washer and dryer are on the other side of the room that Mrs. Genesplicer and I use as our art studio, so we can set up the laundry cycle, then use the time to work on a painting or something like that. Time is not wasted that way. And it only takes a few minutes to move to the next step in the cycle.

I guess stuff like this can happen when you have been gainfully employed for decades. (In 9 days I hit 25 years at the same school!)

I feel ya Pops but doesnt folding/sorting take you out of your rhythm? Thats what happens to me, just when Im settling into "the zone"' I get jarred out of it by the task of folding/sorting laundry

Its not a big deal in the "big picture" of course but for me it's a major issue!!! :sassargh:

Guess im just living #blessed #initowinit #numbaone #saarmy #goontillidie #gbsrides :whatup:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

I feel ya Pops but doesnt folding/sorting take you out of your rhythm? Thats what happens to me, just when Im settling into "the zone"' I get jarred out of it by the task of folding/sorting laundry

Its not a big deal in the "big picture" of course but for me it's a major issue!!! :sassargh:

I'm married. We both work on it. That makes it easier, better throughput, etc.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
maybe you should buy clothes that don't require copious amounts of ironing, for example easycare

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
that would require actually paying above the very bare minimum though so I guess the underlying problem is poverty

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Actually why haven't they invented a machine that can wash the clothes then dry them without having to transfer them? Sounds like a good idea

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

Actually why haven't they invented a machine that can wash the clothes then dry them without having to transfer them? Sounds like a good idea

On a stackable machine why not have the washer be on top and it can use gravity to drop its load (heh) into the dryer on bottom. The washer is always on bottom instead though.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Mange Mite posted:

Excuse me while I file a patent.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Pawn 17 posted:

Excuse me while I file a patent.

I'll start the wiki and register the gofundme

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I enjoy doing laundry about as much as doing dishes. I get my clothing custom made in China for prices you would not believe and have new ones regularly shipped to me. Shipping is a problem. I wish container ships had nuclear engines but it’s still much more efficient and convenient than retail. Thanks to synthetic fabrics it takes less water to make my clothes than it would to wash them, and I donate my used garments.

The overwhelming majority of clothing Americans buy is made overseas anyways. I just buy direct. And container ships are amazingly efficient.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Facebook Aunt posted:

I enjoy doing laundry about as much as doing dishes. I get my clothing custom made in China for prices you would not believe and have new ones regularly shipped to me. Shipping is a problem. I wish container ships had nuclear engines but it’s still much more efficient and convenient than retail. Thanks to synthetic fabrics it takes less water to make my clothes than it would to wash them, and I donate my used garments.

The overwhelming majority of clothing Americans buy is made overseas anyways. I just buy direct. And container ships are amazingly efficient.

Soylent guy confirmed goon

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Mange Mite posted:

They have them, mostly in other countries. They are usually under the counter items, like a dishwasher. They tend to do smaller loads, and take a lot longer to wash and dry your clothes than separate units do.

thathonkey posted:

On a stackable machine why not have the washer be on top and it can use gravity to drop its load (heh) into the dryer on bottom. The washer is always on bottom instead though.

Because that would require a drum that splits open in the middle, and the whole unit would be extremely top heavy. It would basically be impossible to engineer without having it shake wildly during the spin cycle, because of the relatively lightweight nature of the dryer on bottom.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lichy posted:

that would require actually paying above the very bare minimum though so I guess the underlying problem is poverty

LOL yes truly premium clothing is known for featuring gimmick bullshit like "EasyCare®"

Only natural fibers are fit to clothe this Adonis :smuggo:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
this thread was at page 1 when i originally planned to do the laundry, now its midnight and the clothes are still sitting there...whatever i dont even have work tomorrow

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

I cant fault this approach. God Bless®

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

LOL yes truly premium clothing is known for featuring gimmick bullshit like "EasyCare®"

Nowadays it's all done with coatings and poo poo anyway. Most of my non-iron shirts are 100% cotton and they work pretty well

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

To save time folding clothes, I sort everything into two groups: things that need folding, and things I only wear when I don't give a gently caress.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I have like 50 t-shirts and I swear I only wear 2 to save on laundry.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

Yeah but then you have to fold it. If you pass out in a drunken stupor its gonna be wrinkled and or wet still when you come to

Just put it on hangers.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm not sure the GeneSplicer understands the full enormity of "Laundry day"

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I really fumbled my laundry game this weekend, and ended up having to go to bed with damp pyjamas

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Back in college we had a laundry machine pooper in one of the other dorms

they never figured out who did it but his victims were most unhappy

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

They exist and they're poo poo. The clothes never get properly dry.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

vug posted:

I really fumbled my laundry game this weekend, and ended up having to go to bed with damp pyjamas

do you bunk with someone, or something? bedtime is a clothes optional activity

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
How the gently caress does your laundry take a whole day to take care of

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
just lmbo if you fold your clothes, put your shirts on hangers and then pile everything else in drawers or something I dunno

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Airborne Viking posted:

do you bunk with someone, or something? bedtime is a clothes optional activity

i cant keep my hands off my nob if i sleep naked :\

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

gannyGrabber posted:

How the gently caress does your laundry take a whole day to take care of

Well first you have to boil the water...

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

it's your choice in how you wanna waste your time mr adonis

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mange Mite posted:

because it'd make something which already has a lot of moving parts and things that can go wrong more complex I reckon

also that would involve actual innovation which is expensive, versus fake cheap 21st century innovation which is giving it the ability to tweet

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Actually, it owns.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's a bit of a wash, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i love laundry, and i love it even more than i already did because there's free wifi in the laundromat down the street :toot:

• Locked thread