Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I really want them to do Star Wars with dragons Eragon soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I read some of these comments before listening to the episode, so I was specifically listening for Collision being smug, and still didn't really notice it. I'm much more annoyed about them constantly bringing up wrestling, and that's mostly J's fault.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I've read a pretty big chunk of the Myth Adventures series. I'm not sure whether they start out OK and then gradually incline towards shittiness, or whether they were always pretty bad but the repetitiveness got to me, but somewhere around book fifteen (they're really short, you can read like two or three in one lazy afternoon) I realized that I had stopped enjoying them like five or ten books ago and was only continuing because of inertia. I was like fourteen or so when I read them, so I'd like to think I wouldn't make that mistake again. Still, I remember enjoying the first few books, and since Myth Conceptions is the second, I probably liked it. So I can't blame Dan for liking it.

What they couldn't cover in this episode is that every book in the series is basically the same. Nothing interesting happens, there's no character growth, all there is to keep you reading is puns.

(Also, Phil Foglio owns, ok??? edit: I feel kind of gross writing that, actually)

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

I must have missed it, do they call out this thread specifically?

He refers to mid-'00s SA, iirc.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I don't mind the cozy mystery episodes; I still listen and enjoy. But I just wish they'd waste less time on them and do more interesting poo poo.