Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tracula posted:

Gonna plug the Attitude Era podcast and How2Wrestling since they had Kefin Mahon on. Both of them are super worth listening to even if you're not a big wrasslin fan and are really good introductions to the "sport"

Yeah, I have zero exposure to the wrestles, and how2 has been super fun to listen to and get some context for who those people were on all the ads when I was in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

When did JW break up with his wife? He just mentioned being single on his Twitter and remembered she was a frequent guest early on.

He said this will be his first single Christmas, so sometime earlier this year.

Djeser, all of this is on his Twitter page, he clearly doesn't have a problem with people knowing about it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Wasn't trying to be intrusive, sorry. Had actually been wondering why she hadn't guested lately, and then saw his tweet today. Dude gets props from me for going through an unbelievably lovely thing like that and still putting out one of my favorite podcasts consistently.

I imagine working on the podcast is a comforting bit of normalcy for him.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The Time Dissolver posted:

I want to specifically refute this. It's a podcast, building your audience through what you talk about is the entire point. IDGAF about virtue signaling, only Nazis get up in arms about it. It's that uniquely Californian unctuousness that annoys me.

Yeah, only people from California can be pretentious, right.

I think Jay's point is he used to try to hate certain things just to seem cool, and now he hates things because he actually hates them. If you think the reason he calls out racist/sexist material can't be because it bothers him, but it has to be part of an scheme to appear and/or feel morally superior and smug, that says more about you than him.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

Jay totally smokes all the time during episodes. He once did a bong rip on mic, and it made me immediately realize, thinking back, that he pretty regularly coughs and comes back with a raspy voice. :v:

This might help explain the constant apologizing for bad content; he just keeps forgetting he already apologized for it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

The fplus tries, generally, to focus on idiots hurting themselves or being silly. They seem to stay away from people getting hurt nonconsensually. Their sex episodes tend to avoid rape when possible, like when they avoided the rape tentacles in the hentai episode.

They aren't perfect, but they are generally pretty good about avoiding the unfunny and nasty parts of the internet. That's the kind of "unpleasant" I appreciate them avoiding.

How quickly you forget Frank West reading the most horrific erotic fiction ever during the FPlus live #3.

I think IDEOTV has just had a higher than normal amount of morally awful books as of late; hopefully the pendulum will swing back the other way and we'll get more Night of the Crabs.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Jay loving Undertale was awesome and also completely unexpected.

Why are you surprised? It's a great game, I haven't met anyone who played it and didn't love it.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

END ME SCOOB posted:

Hi, we exist.

Not saying you guys don't exist, just saying I'm not surprised when someone does like Undertale. It's pretty well liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

neongrey posted:

It's probably gonna be a self-pubbed book or something, but with a big enough audience that it's not one of the big rules.

That's my guess, self-published or maybe fan-fiction.