Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So what'd I miss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What do you think the worst Hamilton line is? I think it's definitely Aaron Burr saying "I'll keep all my plans close to my chest" basically just telling about his character after an entire act of showing it.

Angelica in Satisfied. "I know she'll be happy as his bride, and I know he will never be satisfied."

Like god drat woman setting your sister up with a man who will never truly love her is pretty hosed.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If Hamilton isn't a Beloved Prince idk what you're doing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Helpless tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yeah burr is a much better character than hamilton and it's not really close.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm on mobile right now but burr and Hamilton are vastly different characters who, while crossing paths and having somewhat similar goals (although not really) have completely different character arcs and burr is far superior because Hamilton doesn't change throughout the entire story. I love the show but being real Hamilton is probably the only one note character in the whole thing

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hamilton is not pushing for things that are just for the greater good though. The perfect line about Hamilton is "why do you assume you're the smartest in the room?" Because that's just it. He is a guy who literally sees himself above everyone right up until the end. Arguably he sees Washington above him but even then it's questionable if he even does or if he is just trying to seize another opportunity for himself. In the end he gives up his shot on burr, but it shows that only in death can Hamilton truly realize himself for what he is with "what is a legacy?"

Idk Hamilton feels so much less about hamiltons own development as a character study and much more about how Hamiltons steady to a fault character influenced the people and the world around him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Nah, Burr wants power for its own sake and so he can be important. The Room Where it Happens is about wanting to be in the know. It's a gossip's ambition. Hamilton wants power because he wants to impact change. He has a strong moral compass. Too strong.

Hamilton does not have a strong moral compass at all in the entire show what

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In the course of this show, Hamilton refuses multiple "secretary" positions to get to the top where he thinks he will be best, constantly causes issues for Washington, married a woman he didn't love, cheats on her, harms his own political party, hugely impacts financial and government systems with no regard for anyone but his own goals, indirectly causes the death of his son, acts smug as all hell when confronted by Jefferson and crew about his infidelity, puts his infidelity to the press as a reveal to his wife, is in love with his sister in law, etc etc etc. Hamilton is driven by his own status

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Angelica says it clearly in satisfied that he will never be satisfied with her. He is writing to Angelica when Eliza is trying to get him to come to dinner on Phillips birthday. He specifically says "longing for Angelica, missing my wife" and longing is a much more powerful word. He loves Angelica truly, and Eliza never satisfied him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
erghhhh oh god I am so self conscious about singing gently caress. I'll do it tonight tho.

Asiina posted:

Day 1 begins now.

Also......

:siren: Welcome to the Day 1 Event!. :siren:

You have the next 48 hours to record yourself singing Lafayette's part in Guns and Ships. You can do the other parts if you want, either before or record multiple tracks and combine them, but Lafayette's part must be clear and complete. Post your attempt in the thread. Everyone who successfully completes it will get something, so you don't need to be the first or the best, but I reserve the right to disqualify people who didn't put any effort into it. Give it a try!

To help you out here is the full song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwydujSqMRA

Here is a karaoke version with Lafayette's part cut out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-KcR-VbaM

Good luck!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Li Dawny posted:

But, I'm like really really white.

same

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is there a mafia game going on here tho

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

I am not going to buy into this day gimmick. I need to actually play an game of mafs to shake the lovely opinion people have of me.

Serious note. We should be paying attention to who is putting the most effort into these challenges.

Seems very scum to me to try and play the "fun guy" so everyone will just assume they're town who just wants to have a good time.

probably true

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

##vote dongs

u piece of poo poo

##vote AR idk how you can get vote dongs after his rendition

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

See the thing is. Look at all the people getting crazy defensive about this. As if they have something to prove by yelling about how they are just doing this for fun and totally not to get an advantage.

It's okay to do it for fun, but don't let them kid themselves that that's their only reason behind doing it.

Am I saying its the only thing we should focus on? No not at all but its D1 and we legit have NOTHING to work with other than this.

:agreed:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jimson is trying to actually play mafia and getting poo poo for it. This is a hosed up world we live in.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Nah like day events are cool but there becomes an issue when there is no actual Mafia happening and people are too focused on the gimmick

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote MMM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think MMM is being strange and overly defensive.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just don't know how much we can get out of discussing the event today. We have no idea what it will contribute to scum or town, and there's no real decision to be made beside do it or don't, so what exactly do you want to discuss about it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Jimson is the only person who I'd even give half a poo poo to read right now and my read there isn't strong

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My opinion of Jimson is that he's town but also that's a garbage angle he's working

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I just wanted to bring this back because the narrative here is strong. I particularly like the twist of "We have nothing to work with on this day, day one"

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yeah I totally get what you're saying but the same thing can be applied to Jimson's first attack being on somebody who is putting effort in because they were putting effort in. Those are both bad lines of attack.

For the record I don't think jimson is scum, just that this is silly.

this is all really defensive and hedgy on jimson and feels like it is trying to throw shade while also calling him town so MMM can just back up onto it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Okay fine what ever.

Ahem

Lmfso mmmwhacthagay wutd u have 2 do to get scum role? I wanted scum role and mod said HEY SHITLORD NO ROLE rewuestss then J did a totally sweet kickflip. Hahahaha

##vote mmm

👌

nice we lost jimson already

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:chanpop:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think I've been pretty clear in saying Jimson is town and also their argument is bad.

"Wow so town but LOOK AT THIS GARBAGE but so town BUT LET'S LOOK AT THIS NARRATIVE but so town amirite fam"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Hey Kash do you know defensive means?

Also, you can argue with somebody in mafia without thinking they're scum, this isn't new.

you aren't arguing with him you're just stating things.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like you're pretty concerned for someone with 1 vote on them in d1.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jimson posted:

Mmm whatchasay is scum. They are acting like scum, and playing like scum because they are scum.

We have a possible argument on the field that being HEY GUYS LETS PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE PEOPLE THAT ARE TAKING PART IN THE LITTLE META-GAME BECAUSE SCUM PLAYERS ARE REALLY GOING TO BE INCENSED TO DO GOOD AT IT. To which he replied that is a dumb argument Jimson is a big ol dumby BUT I SERIOUSLY BELIEVE HE IS TOWN. The only people who would try and dismantle an attempt at scum hunting AND STILL ASSUME that the person who made the argument is town is someone that has something to gain by engendering themselves to town and that means they are...

for anyone not sure it means they are scum.

:yeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You can argue with somebody using statements. I'm doing it in this very post.

Ok but for real, let's pull out of this semantic nose dive. I understand what you were saying with the defensive point before, but I think you're misreading my intentions wrt Jimson.

*semantics nosedive* "nah lets not do this"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it says dongsbot posted but I can't see it :ohdear:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would never :kimchi:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was angry the first couple times I heard it but then it's like "eh that's what really happened so whatev"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I posted about game related things. I also won't rapping because I forgot I don't have a way to record it atm

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
does anyone wanna play mafia?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dongsbot 9000 posted:

##vote kashuno im not gonna vote for anyone who recorded a rendition of guns & ships and kashuno is probably scum anyway

dumb bad logic

dongsbot 9000 posted:

in shine game kashuno smugly told me that he can't be scum cuz his scum game is just lurking and posting about non-game-related things AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW

lying

##vote dongs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone stand out to you? I know there's not a lot of content to work with but did anyone ping you?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can't ever make heads or tails with PBS because honestly my eyes glaze over at their posts but I could see AN. Don't like her for scum as much as dongsbot and MMM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yeah I have a feeling some people are hiding behind the Hamilton part of the game to avoid playing actual mafia.

:ironicat:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
we have 48+ hours until deadline so calling a lurker lynch already is pretty trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

In terms of actual scum reads I'd vote Kash, who's primary method of contribution is concern trolling unless directly called on it.

???

• Locked thread