Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Videogames! Some love them. Some hate them. Do you? What is your motivation?

Big Games coming out this month:

Hearts of Iron 4!
The Witcher 4!
Team Fortress 4!
Mario Maker 4!

Games that came out last month:

The past! History! Who cares!? What are YOU excited about for this month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm starting an internship in New York, so I'm actually super pumped for June

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Man I don't even know what any of that means, my eyes just kinda glazed over trying to read it. I'm guessing they're going for a kinda lego dimensions thing where you can customize some poo poo or something.

lol at this bit tho

i can't wait for shadow the skylander

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Nope but the enemies still do, right?

That's pretty cool, it would be even cooler if they got Steam to support them the other direction.

But then at that point... are they just the same service? :confused:

Kinda feels like Valve should just buy out GOG and make them the 'classic games' division or something.

gog is drm free

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Uh... yes? Seems like a good business move for them. :v:

And lets not pretend Steam doesn't already have a monopoly on PC games.

Oh come on, you know that isn't the same thing, don't play dumb. Or do you really not know the difference?

That's just "launch game through steam". Gog is full on giving you credit for owning those games, you can download them from GOG from now on and never use Steam again if you wanted. Similarly it'd be cool if I could take the games I own on GoG and be able to download them from Steam if I wanted.

why

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i dont care if link is female but please make zelda male

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

samus is a guy hes just got big mantits

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sheik was ruto

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Palpek posted:

Imagine getting a proper MGS5 ending only when you reach some almost impossible pachinko sequence.

I don't have to imagine

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Hearts of Iron 2 coming out soon :toot:

I know nothing about it. Hopefully it'll be possible to play as a friendly, non-genocidal, pacifist Hitler

It's hoi4 please read the op

also they aren't putting the genocide in so you've got that covered at least

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

axleblaze posted:

That Wonder Boy game looks like extremely my type of thing and I hope it's good but

:lol: who is dumb enough to do this?

Oh well, worst case scenario they just take Wonder Boy out of the name and they'll probably be fine.

It says DotEmu and they've published a bunch of old games and ports of old games so they probably, you know, licensed it from Sega

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

I've been waiting all my life for a director to make a fully first-person film (enter the void came close) so I can't fault Hardcore Henry for trying what it did, and parts of it were really incredible. The stunt work was fantastic, and people really looked like they were getting beat up and stabbed and shot.

However unfortunately the technical side of it just wasn't up to par, which made the whole thing way less enjoyable than I was hoping. Not only did the camera shake way too much when they should have tried to keep it more stable (even possibly should have used post-production image stabilization!) but the biggest problem was the focus, there's just no easy way to handle the focus in that kind of situation, so its constantly going in and out of being blurry and that kinda ruined the whole thing. :smith:

Still glad they tried though, and looking forward to camera technology improving so somebody else can give it another shot. Maybe not as an action movie but as a drama or something.

Did you forget Lady in the Lake

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Silent Hill

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Noby Noby Boy 2

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I never heard of Contradiction before but it looks to be right up my alley! Like a kookier Her Story, or a kookier LA Noire!

I would describe it as a good LA Noire

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Suikoden will make a great pachinko machine, having 108 stars of destiny to collect will really rope in the gambling addicts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rszPXD8PSdY

There is already a suikoden 4 pachinko

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Y'know, I'd really like to see a Breath of Fire 6.

Skies of Arcadia would be nice to see return.

there is a bof 6

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if terrawars is your idea of the WORST FPS EVER man do i have some poo poo to show you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py-L10HOs8o

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

yeah there's one where they're made of cookies and cake and whatnot

Made by an actual factual furry vore fetishist

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Meme Emulator posted:

Even better, obsessive wierdos make the best rom hacks.

I remember I found it on a list of complete pokemon romhacks and was utterly creeped out while playing, then I looked up the dev and :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

like you start it and there's a pikachu made of strawberries or something with a pun name and you're like ok i guess that's weird but whatever, it's creative i guess

and then later an NPC is like OH gently caress YEAH I WANNA EAT ALL YOUR POKEMON HURGNGNNG and then you delete it and feel sick and really sad

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Ubisoft are like the masters of bullshots. Other game devs don't even come close to the amount of artificial prettying they do for previews.

edit: Far Cry 3's press-release bullshots were hilarious, check this poo poo out:

Yes, these are definitely real video game graphics

i like how ubisoft always has the fake screenshot guns at an angle that would make aiming impossible

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I beat D but I missed one of Laura's memories this is bullcrap.

Sadly Enemy Zero is very bad but D2 is good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm gonna at least try enemy zero but it seems really bad yea

try to find the pc version, it has better graphics and framerate.

not that it matters since everything is goddamn invisible

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

i got the saturn version running and im about to play it. i wanted the console version so i could abuse save states if i wanted to

That's fair, especially since it has a limited save and load system. Not limited like resident evil where you need an item, mind; there is just a hard limit on how many times you can save AND load before your save file is deleted.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Atelier is also ps3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

There are a lot of great winter levels but there are also a lot of bad ones, like the second one in SM64 where water hurts you and you can get blown off of the giant snowman and have to repeat the entire thing. Often sans hat, for extra insult.

Meanwhile I can't think of a bad haunted mansion level. Maybe the end of the one in Silent Hill 3 since it's an instant death chase? The hotel in Vampire: The Masquerades: Bloodlines when you're on your fifth or sixth playthrough and you just want to noclip to the amulet and get a move on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKK3J2h1nGA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

littleorv posted:

Hello Games chat. What games are you all looking forward to this month? I am super excited about Zero Time Dilemma and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. It's gonna be a good time.

HOi4 in a few hours!!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't like yookalaylee's design, though. it would be betetr with some sort of bird, and a bear perhaps

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

9 minutes to hoi4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Rare's busy working on their pirate MMO

dream returns

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

things have spiraled out of control

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hoi4 is good btw, it's good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ethanol posted:

Can i play as hitler and win

the ai isnt very smart so yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Does Canada have its own unique tech-tree focus thing?

only the main powers (and poland) have them, because paradox loves dlc so much, so much

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i joined the comintern and am funding coups in texas and venezuela. communist mexico will reign supreme!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

How off the rails do they let you go?

well, mexico was maybe a bad choice because ofc the usa guarantees the freedom of the americas, so i can't invade them. so that's a problem

i'm trying to get them to split into a civil war to address this but presumably just not being in the ameircas would help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

• Locked thread