Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Baron Corbyn posted:

Apparently someone is leaking Corbyn's PMQs to Cameron before he answers them. So Cameron's complete non-answers and unrelated personal attacks are with time to prepare for them.

I was under the impression they are always submitted in advance, allowing Dave to have his Big Book of facts open to the right page so he can quack unrelated stats and say 'under the previous Labour government', and to stop people who say they want to ask if the PM agrees the kittens are adorable actually asking why he hosed a dead pig on live tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Namtab posted:

Who the hell drinks on a Wednesday

British people giddy with delight about how well this whole country thing is going

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I'm tee total.
Of course.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Ooh spotty young kipper on QT. Why are they always so :argh: ?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hmm. I bet Question Time is running to the phone to book him as we speak.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Andrew Neill is pretty much owning Hilary Benn on bbc1 right now

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

hookerbot 5000 posted:

What happened to Douglas Carswell? As the only elected UKIP person I would have thought he would be getting his voice heard but I actually forgot he existed until this morning.

He's on the Daily Politics seemingly every other day. When he was on yesterday I idly wondered if he just hung around the studio. The reason he's probably not more mainstream is cos he has seriously pissed off old Nige, and also Ukip are aligned with the losing brexit campaign, I think (Nige certainly is)

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Aye, about that...

I meant losing as in losing out on being the official out campaign.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Total Meatlove posted:

Mike Ashley is before a Parliamentary Committee to talk about illegal and dodgy practises in his workhouses

So far his agencies have dropped him in it about setting wages, imported scrip debit cards from the states and admitted staff have given birth in the shirebrook warehouse and 'may' have been given 1/6 of their sackable strikes for it.

Also he's 'working with HMRC' to compensate those employees he was illegally paying below minimum wage and should be in prison but will never see a courtroom
God, isn't he a slimy oval office? 'Not my fault, Guv' and basically acting like the directors kept him in a cupboard whilst they were cartoon villains.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

It's rare to encounter, for me, anyone voting stay. All the arguments in the world cannot dissuade them from immigration (and bringing up there would still be illegal immigration in or out gets handwaved away), imaginary imposed laws, and health and safety. Not one person sees that we need to fix our own government first, so they can attempt reform rather than surrendering to our Tory betters, and have them be the ultimate authority.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

kustomkarkommando posted:

Conversely I have yet to personally encounter anyone voting leave.

So I don't know, move or something

Seems like you are advocating I leave!

Seriously, you and I live in very different places, I'm in the heartland of Essex where people gladly go without common sense as long as they're ok.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Don't forget, its the Dave and Nige Summer Road show on itv at 9!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Does anyone have bingo cards for this?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Lol Farage just pulled the Calm down dear tactic

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

He's such a poo poo.
And going further. I hope the audience isn't worn out by the time Dave rocks up.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Haha haha *angrily brandished European passport*

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kaislioc posted:

"The United Kingdom was built on the pillars of democracy and our legal system is the greatest in the world." :allears:

Bless the little soul. Watching it was really disconcerting, obviously itv had stacked the deck wrt questions so they get all the headlines, but it all seemed so.. staged. I ended up hoping for some Question Time post pub ducks, and both the funds sweating their shiny suits off. Yes there were a lot of men that looked like fat thumbs, chuckling and shaking their heads at answers.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

DEPORT THE BBC!

Has anyone forwarded it to the beeb yet or told him Nige got hosed over too?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

New voting registration deadline: midnight Thursday (no foreigns)

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

marktheando posted:

It's like Cameron has realised too late that most of those people he disenfranchised are likely to be Remain voters.

Maybe. I think it's more that our government, of any flavour, is loving useless with anything involving IT.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Andrew Neill hopefully giving Gideon a kicking on bbc1 now. Keep your coke handy!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The one person at work who supports leave explained today that we couldn't trust the bank of england or the IMF because they are "owned by the jews." It's my first time experiencing straight up anti-semitism outside of the internet.

gently caress. I hope you don't work anywhere that has any influence on anybody.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

BobbyThompson posted:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RKEURAG/

RKEURAG - T Shirts available soon.

£68 each, excluding P&P

£4 for the t shirt.
£2 for the printing
£12 VAT
£10 EU approved aid to a Kite factory in Dusseldorf
£5 EU approved grant to assist with the production of fair trade jam for reformed Nazi submariners in Lorient
£5 EU approved aid to French people, just to make them happier.
£30 donation to the EU council surplus staff benevolent fund

I'm struggling to understand the point of your hilarious gimmick. Care to elucidate?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I work at a law firm, and I'm thinking I should probably report it because now you have made me think of her capacity to gently caress people's lives up.

I'd be inclined to assume it doesn't stop with the Jews, as it rarely does. Follow your conscience, we all know you're kool.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

kustomkarkommando posted:

The voter registration extension will not be applied to Northern Ireland cause we don't have online registration

And you boys think computers are the way of the future :smuggo:

You get a vote? :confused:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Excellent, the cunts are turning in on themselves with alacrity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36485464

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

BobbyThompson posted:

Would Ross Kemp be happy with this classification? You need to consider this holistically.

Bugger off. We have our own trolls.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

HJB posted:

By the way, since this is pretty much the only pro-Remain location I know of, either online or IRL, what is the "official" response to the claim that British people have been forced out of building etc. jobs because Polish workers have come over and taken them on low wages, since even minimum wage is a small fortune to them, and so British workers literally cannot afford to take on these jobs because the wages are so poor? This is one of three arguments I hear all the time that I've never really heard a good answer for.

My response has been that replacing experienced workers on low wages with less-experienced workers on higher wages isn't a particularly good strategy for a company, but whether that's the case or not it's always fallen on deaf ears.

I've come up against this a lot with friends working in building. Not that it makes any difference, but I maintain you can't lay all the blame at the migrants door. You need to deal with employers happy to get a bargain, and push our government to punish these employers. However, there is no will to do this. I have even worked for below minimum wage, must because it was necessary. No one accused me of being a collaborator or driving down wages, it was more anger at my employer for exploiting me (from my friends and family). We have to dump!y face we are a petty xenophobic country.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

In more positive news, Jezza went to the vigil in Old Compton street earlier.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

If all this smoothie chat continues, we will all be branded Islington elites. Have a bottle of dog and get hold of yourselves. There won't be any fruit from next Friday, anyway.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I wouldn't trust her very far. Whenever I see her (or read her) it seems to be shouting about national credit cards and the like. When she goes up against anyone qualified in economics she gets killed.

Now, our Nigel knows finances. A bookie on the Daily Politics said he came in and smacked down a grand on leave. After the odds have shortened, but you can't have everything.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Lord of the Llamas posted:

That's how much the FTSE fell today and most of those shares are indeed owned by pension funds.

Yes it did, but the vast majority was switched about, not selling of FTSE 100 shares.Movements are tactical, what's more worrying is the aforementioned German bonds and usually, in times like this, people plump for gold if they genuinely think the arse is going to fall out of the market

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

I still remember the time the dentist accidentally sat too close to me and the chair lowered me so the top of my head bopped the tip of his (thankfully flaccid) knob. There was an awkward pause as he didn't want to draw attention to it and I didn't want to draw attention to it before he started nervously talking about my teeth while surreptitiously wheeling back.

I giggled for most of the rest of the check-up.

1979: a dark evil befalls the United Kingdom

I know it's hard to get on the books at dentists nowadays, but you really should start looking for a dentist who wears trousers.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Yay! Pob's Lie Time!

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

I can understand why his wife doesn't want to gently caress him.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

ITS NOT A loving REBATE IT IS AN ABATEMENT!! Also, New going to roll out the 'Krauts will still want to sell us their BMWs' isn't he?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Someone HAS to challenge him on his dad story! Someone speak up for fucks sake!

Hahahaha, Dimbleby just hosed Gove. 'But my dad told me!'

I can't believe he is doing this...

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Other than the fact he's really, really bad at it?

Yes. Like oratory.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Hang on, did he just saying leave was ramping up fear to 11?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Get in, nice Spanish lady. Also Dimbelbys not too shabby.

• Locked thread