Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Is...Is the band back again??? :neckbeard:

gently caress YES

For the sake of writing about it, does your group have a name? Is it 'Kilobops' or 'LP SUB*PAR*GROUP'?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
So I see you are running Rogue Trader.

Have a loot list of useful archeotech.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/15621909/#15629077

The mummified corpse of an anthropomorphic duck in a bathing suit.

An ornate giant golden dildo. The words "Dorns Shame" engaved on the side.
3049 socks. None of them matching.
An STC constructor that can ONLY make Vuvuzelas.
Several sealed boxes of Hostess Fruit Pies.
A ham and mustard sandwhich, wrapped in clingfilm.
A boltgun derringer pistol designed for ladies. Any lady using it will likely break every bone in her wrist if fired.
A Long-Las with the words "This Machine kills Heretics" on the side.
A vacuum mummified corpse wearing a well preserved blue jumpsuit and trousers combo with yellow trim. The number "101" is on the back.
A crude android designed to bend industrial materials, runs on ethanol and similar liquids.
Some sort of humanoid mutant, it's skin still glowing in patches in an archaic void-suit with a large glass bubble helmet, long dead.
A suit of power-armour from the Dark Age of Technology, is capable of flight and has numerous internal weapons. There is a strong smell of achohol inside even after centuries of unuse.
An Imperial Commissars hat.
The corpse of some kind of small, squat like humanoid.

A Ships Cogitator, removed from an old mining vessel, now completely senile but boasts it once had the IQ of as 6,000 PE teachers or 12,000 car park attendants
Several hundred skeletons, one is holding a large metal sabot. They are stored in a box marked "Peasant Railgun"
An old wooden barrel with several vertical slits, each slit has a sword pushed into it. Inside appears to be the corpse of a dead sailor. Further investigation will reveal it to be a corsair of notable reputation, not seen for centuries.
Several highly corrupt cogitators. One seems incapable of good ideas, whilst another seems to be having the time of it's life.
A law-enforcement servitor called Murphy
Main Warp Drive of an early starship called the "Event Horizon."
Weaponised Bees. My god.
A giant guantlet with 6 glowing gems on it.
A hammer that none of the crew seem able to lift.
A giant cubic zirconia (what an eyesore!)

-Voyager II Space Probe
-A pallet of Slurm Energy Drink
-A pair of mouldy bagpipes.
-A small safety canister of yellow liquid which, if released into the atmosphere, will turn the crew into raging monkeys
-Horrible gellationous blob
-A small golden sphere with a secret holographic map inside leading to a hollowed out planet literally full of riches, said to be the base of the galaxies most successful pirate, Captain Nathaniel Flint.
-A sonic screwdriver
-A mentally unstable man claiming to a be a police officer from 2002 (M03) from a place called "New Yerk" that has somehow traveled in time.

An orange lantern that compels everyone to seize it and hoard stuff, also giving them an insatiable apetite.
A snarky trigger-happy red droid that constantly pleads to be allowed to kill people whenever there's an argument or dispute.
An ancient stone statue of a warrior that comes to life and smites evildoers with a sword. Also keeps muttering about ungrateful humans and asks everyone he meets if they've seen a blond kid with wings and a bow.

> a blue british call box -- locked.

A deactivated servitor that could pass for human, as long as it doesn't remove it's trenchcoat or hat. It has over 500 useful internal devices (umbrella, binoculars, magnification lense, prop-based areal movement unit, limb extenders, flotation device, retractible foot-wheels, retractible foot-skis, and many, many, many more) but no armor and only a las-pistol (actually an industrial cutting laser, mounted in it's finger) as weaponry.

>Main Warp Drive of an early starship called the "Event Horizon."

- A small mutated dog like abomination that walks on two legs and speaks unintelligably, on the words "pupei-pow-ah" can be made out.
- A high powered energy gun in the shape of a Walther P38 Special. Will occaisional speak, usually ranting at it's betrayal at the hands of something called "Starscream"
- A submersible aquatic vessel, coloured in a shade of banana yellow.
- Stasis pods containing three genetically tailored Human/Amphibian hybrids designed for combat: DO NOT OPEN.
- A circular adamantium shield in red and blue, with a star in the middle.
- Several sheafs of hand written scripts, which if collated form a play called "the king in yellow"
- A xenos made long range escape pod, inside is the skeleton of a dog, long dead.
- An empty pedastal, labelled as supposedly holding a "Cosmic Cube", the words "Kang was here" is scratched onto the marble.
- A drum, cello, conch horn, bell, harp, marimba, triangle and small piano organ.
- A gem in the shape of a yellow trapezohedron, it does not seem to reflect light correctly, and is stored in a box of Xenos manufacture.

A leatherbound book written by some guy named Abdul Alhazred.
An ancient close quarters projectile weapon with a price tag of 109.95 from something called "Smart".
A used camel.
A sealed envelope containing a joke written by Ernest Scribbler.

-Several small fleshlike eggs. Four fleshy flaps on the top allow whatevers inside to get out. One is already open and empty.
- A small high speed mining vessel designed to craft raw materials into something called "Sinibombs"
- An oversized sentinel armed with a railgun. The railgun has 1 atomic warhead fitted into it.
- A missile launcher that fires rocket-propelled chainsaws
- Stasis pods containing a man and one dog. The name on the pod declares him as "Richard Dastard Lee"
- The Book of Shuma Gorath
- A Delorean DMC-12 antique motorcar, heavily modified.
- Archaic steam powered Rail Vehicle, similarily modified
- A bone shaped spacestation with a large theatre screen inside.
- Plans for a exterminatus capable battlestation that on first glance, could be confused with a moon.
- The Imperial Stormtroopers training manual (the section on "how to shoot" is not included)
- A medical cryobay containing an old man, associated text states he has burns but closer inspection reveals him to have taken 32 consecutive stab wounds to the back.
- The autobiography of "Blackbolt, king of the Inhumans". An audiobook.

-a small, cylindrical object with a lid. Further examination reveals a false botttom and several smaller cylinders a Magos Biologis would love to get their hands on.

- an experimental model talking archotech servo skull. Functions as a Savant but only gives sarcastic responses. Its first words are 'Hiya Chief!'

- An ancient dataslate partially charred and smudged with ash. It contains the coordinates to an forgotten 'Squat outpost'. The codename for this location is Boatmurdered.

- Two ornate scimitars and a small onyx figurine of a large cat.

- A top that never seems to stop spinning. Resourceful Admechs can use this as a gyroscope. Psykers are disturbed.

- A stasis tube with a small anthropomorphic skeleton of a rat clad in a cape and cowl holding a miniature scythe. Rats flee the object instinctively.

- An animate head of clay of xenos make with fiery eyes. Likes long debates on religion and philosophy, but clearly atheist.

- A dust caked archotech dataslate embedded in a forearm bracelet. The bracelet is solid gold and the etching 'Pimp' is barely visible.

And so on.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ladderface posted:

That would be Joaquin Phoenix's character in Inherent Vice, for the record.

Interesting.

I thought it looked like Lou Ferrigno before he was painted green in an Incredible Hulk transition. :shrug:

Edit: purge the johnson? :allears:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 29, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
:toot:

Please include the following enemies.

http://dtronaustin.deviantart.com/art/p-u-g-L-I-F-E-617030405

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Since you guys like Shadowrun, take a look at Invisible Inc before the Steam sale is over. Less than $7.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243970/

Review: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/invisible-inc/

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIUL0eHMjpQ

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
How? How is 30 minutes of in detail coffee abuse and slut couture fashion so loving funny? Quincy is a great suspicious npc.

You guys are just great. It's magical.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
EVO?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Pods, thank you for the detailed recap. I went from "who were these people again and isn't that robot suppose to be depressed" to a full recall of the plot I listened to a year ago. Takes a lot of time on your end I know but it matters.

So when I was listening to this series it was about 10pm on a week night and I had decided to have pizza for dinner. Pepperoni in fact. It was fresh pizza, about 10 minutes out of the oven from the excellent neighborhood place. The pepperoni's were curled perfectly at the edges, the sauce was just the right layer of tomato but not too overpowering. The crust smelled like fresh bread.

When I got to "slippery seal pussy" I was happily shaking fresh grated parmesan onto two slices on a plate. I was unphased. I dived into my dinner with knife and fork (gently caress the haters, pizza can be enjoyed this way) whilst listening to Eclipse Phase hijinks.

I had come to the crust. A wonderful square of lovely yeasty crust with a bit of cheese and sauce was in my mouth and I was munching without a care.

Then Sponge said A Thing.

I was meditating on her fellow players' vociferous responses, perhaps in shock, as I continued to masticate slowly. The very much bread tasting square of pizza slowly slid down my throat accompanied by a glass and a half of water, then a couple of mouthfuls of Gatorade to cleanse the palate.

I considered the remaining pizza on the plate.

Thank you for that experience Sponge. Thank you so loving much.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Mr. Poopybutthole is not a character to look up to :colbert:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
My johnson needs purging.

Edit: I hear you guys like Shadowrun

Here is a free fan made 3D stuffer shack. Granted you are in Poland but perhaps it will come in handy in the future.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=49573606004154322964

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 30, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

No dice this week btw Podswerk is getting in the way.

Podcasts? I didn't get to stay for the whole thing and I know your fans appreciate it.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hey what are Chuul and Jean doing arguing?

Edit:

Finally got around to writing up an ad for you guys.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post462902070

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 6, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Since Rogue Trader is essentially Traveler with 40K goofiness, have some "inspirational" music from a /tg/ Traveler thread

Have a list of Space Ship Quirks

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=quirks

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/35407266/

:toot:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 10, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
List is for GMs and amused audience members only! :colbert:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

SweaterGear posted:

Also, for fun, our friendly neighborhood street samurai would be "IMMODERATUS".

Awesome

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Edit: fixed!

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 19, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Ahhh a relaxing Sunday night. What better than some wine and catching up on a sophisticated podcast.

EAT THAT PASTA. MMM YEAH. I WANNA HEAR IT WIGGLE BACK AND FORTH AND SLAP YOUR CHEEKS

:stare:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Alright I have to ask. Anyone else having problems downloading the last two episodes from tinideck?

S6E2 and S6E3?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hm. Maybe it is my wifi card.

Running a 5 year old Asus laptop. Tried downloading on two different wifi hotspots (v fast and decent). In both cases those two files were downloading at 110 kb/s or came to a full stop 2+ times. Did manage to complete download of both files on second wifi location.

Using Chrome.

In contrast Steam 1GB + downloads, youtube dls, mp3 dls worked fine.

Then again I've been kicked from your twitch stream multiple times before so maybe it's something specific to my computer?

Thanks for looking into it gents.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Found a pixie decker deviant art! Sadly no Shadowrunner spaghetti dinner modeled after The Last Supper yet.

http://mleth.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Suwi-632586384

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Is it a dead or alive Pods in the box?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I lost it at "Crows nests?!? Are we a whaler you gently caress?" (paraphrasing)

In the words of the immortal Semisponge, you guys are loving nerds.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

So. loving. Brilliant. It's random RPG radio and every second is comedy gold.

Edit: Sponge played a Dionysian witch in one of the Shadows of the Unseen. In said adventure she vomited rainbows.

Here is a relevant gif:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 16, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Ugh Pods has ~obligations~ this holiday Friday

This is the driest stretch but do not despair, for dice will return, and it will be great.

Edit: Also depending on player availability we may also be starting another new thing December 2nd, so hold onto your butts for that.

Is this a SHADOW of things to come????

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Is it "semisponge"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
YES

• Locked thread