Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Is this low?

This week alone, I had about a dozen single issues and a preordered digital collection. (8 Marvel titles, 3 DC one-shots, a Power Rangers mini-series and The Transformers Book Formerly Known As Robots In Disguise, Volume 9)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I have a dude buying every single DC book every week. He frequently spends $75+ per visit.

Ohhhh, that's who's buying Bloodlines!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shameless posted:

Ian Levine (northern soul DJ, songwriter, biggest twat in Dr Who fandom) claims to have every DC comic ever published. Not sure if that's ever been verified but it's definitely something I can believe of him.

I assume it is, because if someone had a copy of something and he didn't, he'd be crying for them to be hung from the highest yardarm in the land.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm not sure if he claims they're all original printings. Detective 27 and Action 1 have been reprinted a lot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Reading Battle for the Cowl I'm reminded how much Jason Todd is just the WOOOOOOOOOOORST holy poo poo he's the worst, he's just the loving worst.

As a flip on that, Toxx, have you gone through Brubaker's Captain America yet? Because the handling of Jason and Bucky is just fascinating in how poorly DC handled theirs and how well Marvel did.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No you see the faded and splotchy colours that bleed through the pencils and peoples faces being the wrong colour is totally better because

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Cyborg is one of those characters who should have been left in the past, like say Banshee. They don't work at all outside of their normal team setting (teen titans in cyborgs case). Because DC has insisted on putting the same square jawed white men from the 60s on the Justice League though, they know they can't ever get rid of Cyborg because they have so few black heroes left. So they keep trying to make him happen, but nobody likes Cyborg. The only people who do are Teen Titans fans, but now they've retconned it so he was never even on the Teen Titans anyway. It's the worst of both worlds especially considering they've got Mr. Terrific who would fit the same position they're trying to force Cyborg into much better.

And the men in charge seem pathologically unable to see the obvious benefit to making John Stewart the 'main' Green Lantern, and might have completely missed the peak point of effectiveness of doing so.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is putting out a comic about Sherlock Holmes' brother. That sentence wasn't randomly generated.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/mycroft-holmes-the-apocalypse-handbook-1-titan-comics-2016

Not that shocking, considering it's based on the prose novel KAJ wrote about Mycroft a little while back.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I guess they actually announce it last year, but they released the cast and some screenshots today.

It's due out soon, this summer sometime.

Knowing Telltale, that means it's out on... Friday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, linked to the Telltale news, does this make Troy Baker the first actor to play both Batman AND the Joker?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Mordor was basically slapping a LOTR skin on an Arkham game with one novel mechanic that doesn't cover the fact that there's barely a plot, nor any real way to 'win', because there's always more orcs.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Why the gently caress would you ever want to run out of orcs.

I'd like to feel like I'm actually a badass, beating vicious villains, not just in an endless game of whack-a-mole that goes until I run out of coins.

Every time I'd go back to that army screen and it'd be half empty, then just fill up again with new dudes with the same 6 gimmicks, I got so depressed. Like, the game was OK, but I really don't see what others do in the Nemesis system, unless there's a major overhaul of it. Then again, I'm a very story-focused gamer. Sandboxes with no carrot to chase bore the poo poo out of me.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 15, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, he doesn't actually end up with Fiorentino in MIB.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

God three books sure is forcing Inhumans down our throats.

Not like, say, deadpool with his half-dozen books or x-men with their over a dozen titles of various types or wolverine who, despite being dead, has two solo books right now.

Like seriously dislike the Inhumans all you loving want but don't pretend they're dominating the scene when all they have is uncanny and all-new. And especially don't turn around and praise how awesome Ms. Marvel is in the same breath.

If you're counting Ms Marvel as an Inhuman, you need to count Squirrel Girl as a mutant, because they're about equally connected to those titles, which is to say not in the least bit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VagueRant posted:

I actually had to look this up, I didn't believe Farage could've really said it. Kind of a perfect political move, because his supporters will write off any criticism as political correctness and only make him more popular.

Oh wait, this isn't D&D, is it? Any comic authors respond to this yet? Ton of Brits out there.

I imagine Al Ewing's next Ultimates script is just incoherent screaming.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

I am pretty sure that a lot of the voters who voted to leave were the people who either lost their jobs or whose parents lost their jobs when the pits closed in 1985. :shrug:

But leaving the EU will make the mines open and give us r jerbs back from the evil foreign devils or something...

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the key issue for most arseholes voting Leave was immigration... which the Leave campaign loving torpedoed in their own campaign materials by harping on about the Swiss being able to trade with Europe... BECAUSE THEY ARE SUBJECT TO FREE MOVEMENT IN ORDER TO DO THAT!

Or the stupid loving hospital/£350M thing. Or the ECHR somehow being a bad thing for reasons I can't even comprehend, considering the thing was drafted, by US, to prevent a loving genocide from happening again, among other things.

What's the next scapegoat? The UN? NATO? Eurovision?

I'd try to escape into comics, but I'm starting worry that V For Vendetta was Moore and Lloyd being too optimistic about our political future.

EDIT: Oh, and now we get to enjoy Nicola Sturgeon having to justify why using the exact same rhetoric as UKIP did for this campaign is OK when they do it for their pet independence project.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
2008, the season 4 boxset for Farscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

There's no such thing as a fish, anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5mOT57ghM

• Locked thread