Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wanna convert it to gas. I'm probably gonna use a little 2 stroke weedwacker engine I think. I figure I could take it apart and respray it too if the paint is bad. Looks fine from the picture tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I wanna convert it to gas. I'm probably gonna use a little 2 stroke weedwacker engine I think. I figure I could take it apart and respray it too if the paint is bad. Looks fine from the picture tho.

If you take the restrictor thingy off it and give it a motorcycle battery, those things will go hilariously fast for a few minutes before loving up the electric motor.

Fun things you learn as an uncle

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
that car is too little for you OP, throw it on the trash

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

JiveHonky posted:

that car is too little for you OP, throw it on the trash

What if op is a fae folk

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Celluloid Sam posted:

What if op is a fae folk

then its too big? throw it on the trash

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
nice meltdown, OP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sorry op i tried but he is right and I can't argue with such a reasonable group if facts, throw it on the trash

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
thnk you sid, OP throw it on the trash

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you should convert it to run on molten thorium fuel cells. youll only need to replace the battery every 200 years

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
put a hayabusa engine in it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
drat dude get that thing lifted

edit: also flame decals, but make sure the flames are pointing the right way or the car will slow down

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
you should tie it to a giant boulder then tie yourself to it and drop it into the mariana trench

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
there should be an italian restaurant called the marinara trench

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Enfield posted:

there should be an italian restaurant called the marinara trench

yum

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
ur moms a marinara trench

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

please don't speak I'll of Enfield mom

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
James Cameron plunged his submarine deep into Marianas Trench. The pressures inside Marianas Trench are unfathomable, James Cameron was certainly risking his life to explore Marianas deep wet Trench.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
~spits in palm~

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Is there a culture of souping up Power wheels? I'd spend a hours reading up on that, tia!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i had a Bigfoot power wheels truck and it was extremely cool until I wrecked it yesterday

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

satanic splash-back posted:

i had a Bigfoot power wheels truck and it was extremely cool until I wrecked it yesterday

I had a full sized big foot truck and it was extremely cool until I crashed it into a hoop of fire yesterday

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Congrats on ur new wheels op.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

You'd better drat well deliver on this

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Tumble posted:

Is there a culture of souping up Power wheels? I'd spend a hours reading up on that, tia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwLYHrqPYw

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Honestly that seems like a lot of fun

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

op strap rockets to it and make it go really fast, then hop in and record the results as you break the goon land speed record

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
that tiny car could save our world

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Tumble posted:

Did it all the time with my kids. Run like three bats parallel watch it do wheelies and then stripmthe plastic gears. Secret is rubber strips on the plastic tires and getting free PWs that were dead from CL.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
There's actually a power wheel racing series which is pretty cool. Unfortunately there's so many restrictions on how much power you're allowed to add to the cars that it kind of kneecaps any real excitement.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

revmoo posted:

There's actually a power wheel racing series which is pretty cool. Unfortunately there's so many restrictions on how much power you're allowed to add to the cars that it kind of kneecaps any real excitement.

Total crap. I'll stick with lawn tractor racing...a real sport

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

• Put a chainsaw engine in that thing.
  • Paint it Shiny and Chrome.
  • Cover it in skulls and spikes.
  • Give it to your nephew/niece/cousin's kids/neighbor kids whatever.
  • Teach them to run down other kid's power wheels while screaming "Witness Me!"

Follow these simple steps and you'll ensure some lucky child will be awaited in Valhalla.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
use the toy to erase one of your child-sized regrets

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

i like the end how he throws the garbage power wheel on the trash where it belongs

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i want to see mad max with power wheels cars

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

killboy powerwheels

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

killboy powerwheels

u mean trashtrash trashwheels

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mozi posted:

drat dude get that thing lifted

edit: also flame decals, but make sure the flames are pointing the right way or the car will slow down

It's already painted red. How much faster does it need to be :orks101:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

• Put a chainsaw engine in that thing.
  • Paint it Shiny and Chrome.
  • Cover it in skulls and spikes.
  • Give it to your nephew/niece/cousin's kids/neighbor kids whatever.
  • Teach them to run down other kid's power wheels while screaming "Witness Me!"

Follow these simple steps and you'll ensure some lucky child will be awaited in Valhalla.

Do this OP.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

i want to see mad max with power wheels cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Ein cooler Typ posted:

You'll need a centrifugal clutch, and you'll also need to make a straight-through axle, since the rear wheels are connected to independent electrically-powered transaxle units. Maybe filch the gearing set off a ten-speed and use it to drive an axle pulley (you'll need to make the pulley(s) on the axle releasable, so you can replace the belt(s).) Probably should put in some form of a reverse as well; that will need to be geared--maybe have the clutch drive a differential, and have the shifter move a pair of idler pulleys to switch from forward to reverse? You'll want to have the reverse ratio be much smaller than the forward--don't need your kid racing 30mph across the yard backwards.

And you'll need to keep the exhaust from melting the car.

(I've learned way too much about Power Wheels thanks to the cheap poo poo plastic they use in the transaxles on my kids' cars.)

• Locked thread