Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I figure you'd go Marauder due to cross-class stuff, especially if you're thinking of doing the late-game dungeons. It'll also be interesting to read about your thoughts on the differences between tank classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

I figure you'd go Marauder due to cross-class stuff, especially if you're thinking of doing the late-game dungeons. It'll also be interesting to read about your thoughts on the differences between tank classes.

Cross class isn't a thing anymore though, so that's not really a factor anymore.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Stormblood replaced all that with "Role Actions", which basically covers all the things you'd need for your role already.
Not sure if that is still true for crafting classes though, haven't checked.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

krisslanza posted:

Stormblood replaced all that with "Role Actions", which basically covers all the things you'd need for your role already.
Not sure if that is still true for crafting classes though, haven't checked.

Crafters and gatherers still have the same cross-class stuff as before.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Jade Rider posted:

Crafters and gatherers still have the same cross-class stuff as before.

They do? Neat. I need to try crafting sometime soon. So far I just got the classes to 10+ and haven't done much with them.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

There's too many good things in this world. I should have the update sometime tonight after I finally get to see the Twin Peaks finale.

Also, Dad of Light on Netflix was surprisingly good. It's heartwarming. For anyone not familiar, it's about a guy who has a hard time understanding and getting along with his dad, so he introduces him to FFXIV. He hides his identity from his dad, and plans to reveal it once they beat the hardest boss in the game at that time. I didn't expect it to be as sincere a show as it turned out to be. There's mild spoilers, but nothing too much that the LP hasn't at least hinted at (like future Primal boss fights). Only the final episode, a special, has something somewhat big shown in it. I'd recommend checking it out if you have Netflix.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Kind of an odd premise for a show, but I've heard pretty positive things. How's that update coming?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

From now on, I'm keeping my mouth shut about when I'm posting. I've rarely been able to stick to it.

The Rising, 2017

Music: Prelude - Discoveries

The Eorzean Alliance has celebrated The Rising every year since The Calamity. In-game, it's an event in remembrance of all that was lost because of that catastrophic event. For the dev team, The Rising is a chance to celebrate the players and the success of A Realm Reborn.

It usually starts at the end of August or start of September, in Ul'dah. Real easy to find. Starting the event for us is Nonora, a Lalafell lady who was involved in the 2015 event. This one is a follow-up to The Rising (2015), but there's not too much you need to know from it. A bunch of Allagan-style mechanical bugs showed up and wreaked havoc, and Crash had to work with avatars of members of the dev team to stop them. The end result is cool and I won't spoil it. I'll try and get to that at some point.

Also, we're not going to look at the rewards today either. I have my reasons.

Aggro didn't actually do the 2015 event (I ultimately made a new character instead of Fantasia'ing the old so I could introduce Aggro sooner), so Nonora won't recognise her. There'll be a reference here if you'd done it before.

During one of our previous celebrations of the realm's rebirth, a horde of mechanical bugs threatened to disrupt the festivities. We believed them exterminated, but it pains me to say they have returned. That is why I enlisted the aid of the wandering minstrel who helped dispense with this mechanical menace once before.

Reminder: The Wandering Minstrel is based on the Director/Producer Naoki Yoshida.

Sightings of the bugs ceased within a few days of his leaving Ul'dah. Yet despite his apparent success there is nary a trace from him. There is no answer from his linkpearl, and now I fear some ill fate has befallen him.

Sounds like something might have gone wrong. Nonora asks Aggro if she can help make sure the Minstrel is safe, and if not, bring him to safety. Of course, Aggro nods as Aggro does. You know, I originally considered a nod counter for the LP some time ago, but it actually got really silly really fast. I also want to save that joke for Stormblood, when we reach it sometime next decade.

Thank you ever so much! When last we spoke, the minstrel was making for Nophica's Wells. If the fates are kind, you will find some clue to his whereabouts there. Take care, and stay safe.

Soundtrack ends.

Nophica's Wells is located in western Thanalan. Because I've been avoiding sidequests, I don't think we've actually been to it before.

Rather than taking the bridge to Horizon, Aggro leaps off into a lower level with lots of ruined Allag machinery.

In amidst them is a Teleportation Ward. It looks really weird, and I can't recall seeing anything like it in the game before. Any sensible person would believe it to be too dangerous to mess with, but not our Aggro.

No, our Aggro won't even throw a stone in. She's fully invested in the idea of submerging her inside it on impulse.

The Ward takes us to a prison cell. This is actually the same prison cell used to temporarily hold players in this game, and it originally comes from Final Fantasy XI too. The only difference from FFXI is that there's a door behind Aggro. Unlike the typical Mordion Gaol sentence, this door actually works. We'd normally need to do something bad and get punished by GMs to get here. I've actually considered doing that for the LP but at least now we've been able to visit without trouble.

Okay, maybe there was a little trouble. Let's help the Wandering Minstrel out.

New Music: Conundrum

He's looking pretty okay, at least.

Aggro mimes the explanation.

You came searching for me at the behest of Nonora? I see. She was right to send you, for I have indeed found myself in a most precarious position. As I delivered the finishing blow to the last of these mechanical monstrosities, a trap was sprung and I was hurled into a void. When I awoke I was in this chamber, somehow stripped of my ability to use teleportation magicks.

If it weren't for the big door that has functionality in gameplay behind you, I'd be right there with you Aggro.

Translation: We can't trap the player in a room because this is an MMO and that would be a major inconvenience for social play.

But no jail is without its key.

Do you suppose you could traverse the labyrinth in my stead? Having come thus far, you certainly seem more than resourceful enough to see the job done.

Aggro nods.

I love when seasonal events do stuff like this. It's always neat when some small, new content is added just for the limited events.

Soundtrack ends.

Unlike the last time we had a dungeon in a seasonal event (that was for Halloween last year, I think), this one is single player.

New Music: Order Yet Undeciphered (Rising Remix)

Welcome to the Cheap Dungeon! I really like that this is A Thing. It's a simplified version of an old school dungeon crawler. We have to map the dungeon ourselves and find our way out of a maze.

Of course, while it may be simplified it isn't that simplified. The lowest level requires a password to beat the Cheap Dungeon. Clues for the password are located in these red allag nodes.

On the first floor, these nodes will provide numbers as clues.

There are also strange messages written on the walls, scattered about and unmarked on the map. I'll just list them all.

When was our deadline again?

There's no end to these bug reports...

That's the last of it. Maybe now we can take a break...

After a little while, we clear the first floor. The clues just seem to be the numbers 1 - 7.

The next floor has more messages from the developers. The new clues also seem to be letters; this time we receive some clues without nodes too.

They changed spec again!? That's the tenth time this week!

Man, I hope the players like it.

An S rank bug!? Oh boy, we're in for it now.

And now we've finally hit the end. Let's look at the clues so far: the first floor had numbers 1 - 7, the second floor has what appears to be a bunch of random letters, and only the letters L, Y, S, T, R, A, C had nodes.

Hitting the final staircase on floor 2 will prompt us for our password. Each of the letter choices have come from the map. There's two ways to figure this out. Focusing on making a password out of the node letters, we can make CRYSTAL. That's actually the password. The other way to figure it out is to compare where in the grid the numbers on floor 1 are in relation to the letters on floor 2. This also spells out CRYSTAL. It's pretty easy, but I also dig the gimmick.

For what it's worth: the other passwords can be BAHAMUT, FANTASY, and CHOCOBO. I'm not sure there are any others.

We're done here.

Soundtrack ends.

Aggro explains what happened to the Minstrel.

You returned much faster than I anticipated, though I suppose navigating dungeons is all in a day's work for one such as you. I would offer you proper thanks, but first let us quit this place.

The Minstrel plays his harp, casting a teleportation spell with it. The thing is, his songs sometimes have weird effects.

We find ourselves in the aetherial realm of Haedalyn, though the mothercrystal is nowhere to be seen.

A stranger with a darkly aura approaches Aggro, and she's not too happy. This is what the Game Masters of the game look like. Perhaps, they didn't take too kindly to the escape from the cell.

Aggro is starting to get surrounded. Another steps behind her, and then two more on each of her sides. She's looking concerned.

In front, a man dressed like a Samurai steps forward. The GMs move out of their way for him.

Everyone, meet Naoki Yoshida. The Producer and Director of the game, and the reason we got A Realm Reborn to begin with. I'm just going to go ahead and share everything he said without editing it.

At last I come face-to-face with the great Aggro Crag. Truly the fates are kind to afford me this opportunity. I wished to thank you personally for your continued efforts in Eorzea.

THe realm is ever-growing, ever-changing, and it would not be possible without the deeds of you and yours—without your thirst for adventure.

You inspire us with your tales of adventure in Eorzea, and it is our fondest hope they serve as a constant source of joy and wonder.

...Now, the time has come for this vision to end; time for your eyes to open from this waking dream.

Soundtrack ends.

Aggro wakes back up in western Thanalan. Perhaps it was all just a bizarre dream?

Fortunately, we succeeded in our task to rescue the Wandering Minstrel. He's out and free to move about.

Perhaps it is merely an aftereffect of the magicks employed in our escape. At any rate, I must return to Ul'dah. Nonora is no doubt beside herself with worry. Would you care to accompany me?

Aggro nods, and we fade to black.

Well, now that we've rescued our pal, the Minstrel, we're off to let Nonora know.

It won't take long for the Minstrel to show up. In fact, all it takes is a fade into a cutscene.

Soundtrack ends.

My apologies, Nonora. I am ashamed to admit I was bested by the bugs. The tale of my rescue, however, is a far more compelling story.

Aggro explains what happened in her usual, mime-like way.

Unbelievable! And the bugs are no more, you say?

Indeed. Now the good people of Eorzea may at last offer prayers to the victims of the Calamity in peace, no longer burdened by the impending threat of those metallic monsters.

Nonora cheers.

My work here complete, I believe it time I continued my journey, recounting the heroic deeds of adventurers such as you in song. In fact, if I might be so bold, I would write a verse in your honor...

As with all meetings with the Wandering Minstrel goes, he composes a new song for us. With the Rising, these songs typically hint at what's to come in future content. Of course, this one references the new expansion.

'Neath azure skies a soul burned bright, stars soon gathered 'fore its might ♪
By their radiance truths lay bare, a nation freed from deep despair ♪
As the heavens take a crimson hue, friends now gather, old and new ♪
By their deeds doth freedom ring, once more their hearts have cause to sing ♪

Since it's so soon after the release of Stormblood, the song just celebrates what the players have done so far.

Just as the Minstrel finishes: fireworks.

The tragedies of yesterday must not be forgotten, lest we take for granted the gifts of tomorrow.

And so the Rising ends on yet another fireworks display. That'll be our last visit to the Wandering Minstrel for another year. Until then, Aggro will resume her Scion duties.

Completing The Rising also unlocks it in the Toy Chest, which is available in the Inn.

Rather than requiring a puzzle to complete it, the Cheap Dungeon from the Toy Box is a completely randomly generated maze and nothing more. There's no real reward for completing it, but if you enjoyed traversing through the first-person dungeon then the option to return is still there.

I'll also add the other rewards here some time in the future. That time isn't now, however.

All Cutscenes and Cheap Dungeon

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cheap Dungeon was a fun event, but getting to the area today that the "dungeon" music was a remix of only made me appreciate that music all the more.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Good to see this move again. I binged through it during a couple of sleepless nights, and it looks like the plot is starting to get good! I'm looking forward to the next update.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Ah, exploring the old Windows Screensaver Dungeon. Needs more random encounters.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
I still love that the Rising event has you recruited by Yoshi-P (the Lalafell is based on his character) to rescue Yoshi-P only to be greeted by Yoshi-Prime when you do so. This game is gloriously dumb in all the best ways.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Why doesn't in-universe Yoshi-P just send Lahabrea to gamer jail?

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why doesn't in-universe Yoshi-P just send Lahabrea to gamer jail?

Because he has confidence your character will handle the situation with the max amount of flourish. He's a bard, he wouldn't want to deprive the world of a good story.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

Greyarc posted:

Because he has confidence your character will handle the situation with the max amount of flourish. He's a bard, he wouldn't want to deprive the world of a good story.

Knowing what the Wandering Minstrel's purpose in-game is makes this statement even better.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

A bit of a disaster struck when I made a poor decision while capturing this update. It's a shame because this is a pretty important update, at least retroactively. The video footage is junk, so don't be surprised if you're reading this in the future and discover another character in the videos. Anyway...

Chapter L: Meeting with the Resistance

Music: To the Sun

We're back in southern Thanalan after joining in the festivities during The Rising. We've now only got The Goblet and Northern Thanalan to visit in this LP, though we've barely scratched the surface of our current zone.

One of the many mistakes I made with this update was making Gisilbehrt unreadable in a 900px-wide screenshot. I'm not going to bother dumping the text though, since he's not too important. He runs security in the camp, despite the disdain that the inhabitants have towards himself and Ul'dah.

Aggro informs him of her investigation, but he's not heard anything about Lahabrea. He suggests handing out some delicious Thanalan Tea to his troops out in the field, as they may have heard something.

The response is fairly predictable in this filler quest.

At least one of the three Flames have heard something. It's a real shame the video footage is a mess, because a FATE started up during the conversation with Yayazuku and it was actually a little amusing. While this Private was too busy talking to me, a bunch of Tempered started a big stare-off with the Flames in the background—a bunch of kidnapped Ala Mhigan refugees between them. Yayazuku didn't care.

It was a level 45 FATE, so Aggro has no chance right now. Best go speak to Gisilbehrt again.

Aggro needs to gain the Ala Mhigan Resistance's respect if she's going to make any progress in her investigation. Wasn't there an ex-member of the Resistance who had somewhat recently joined the Scions?

Music: The Waking Sands

Aggro returns to the Waking Sands to speak to Minfilia about this. She notes that the Eorzean Alliance as a whole have been pretty hostile to Ala Mhigan refugees,so there's a whole lot of disdain on both sides. Barely touched on at this point of the game is the Autumn War, which put Ala Mhigo against everyone else. Needless to say, there's a lot of history there.

Your Ala Mhigan comrade is named Haribehrt. He joined our cause in the hopes that he might find a way to liberate his homeland. If I recall correctly, Haribehrt is currently between missions. Try looking for him in the storage area.

Turns out, Haribehrt ditching the Resistance to help the Scions made him lose his friends.

Though my allegiance may have shifted, my purpose remains ever the same—the liberation of Ala Mhigo. Yet whatever my reasons were, I abandoned my comrades, and they'll have nothing to do with me.

Fortunately, Haribehrt does have a contact for us to reach.

Music: The Gift of Life

Quarrymill is that one place nearby most of the action when we were investigating the Sylphs. We had little reason to go there beyond its aetheryte.

The Hathoeva river splits Quarrymill in two, with Albreda situated on the south side.

Albreda is not happy to hear Haribehrt's name. Not at all. Seems like they may have been an item before he ran off to join the Scions.

I just... I mean... <sigh> Ugh. I realize Haribehrt was only doing what he felt was right. He's a good man. And if he trusts you, then that's all I need to know. You see that bloke there? That's Meffrid, a captain of the Resistance. I hope he can give you what you need.

Meffrid is just hanging out, gazing over the river with his pal, Faramund. Final Fantasy XIV is pretty good at remembering its rather large cast and the protagonist's broad influence, and this whole venture into Quarrymill is a key example of it. The pay off is an incredibly long way away, so I'll probably be linking back to this later. Try to remember them, though!

Before Aggro can explain what's up, the pair are interrupted.

I love that Faramund just doesn't care enough to even look around.

Meffrid doesn't take to the news too kindly either. It seems like the folk of Quarrymill has no interest in helping the Ala Mhigan Resistance.

These Quarrymill cravens would turn a blind eye to our plight, but they might listen to Albreda. I fear my anger will prevent me from rightly convincing anyone at the moment. I realize we scarce know each other, but this is a matter of life and death. Please, adventurer, go to her and try!

Meffrid is really desperate for help, and Aggro isn't one turn to down someone in need. On the plus, this is also a chance to gain their trust as well. Let's hope we can do something about this Gallien person.

I want to help,truly I do—they're my countrymen, after all—but that'd mean going against the elementals' will. I've been at Quarrymill long enough to know how right terrible the beings can be. I couldn't forgive myself if everyone gets banished because of me.

The Black Shroud's elementals can be pretty vicious. I mean, they made the surface areas absolutely hostile to everyone after the 5th Umbral Era and forced settlements underground. Their presence may be weaker in the Shroud—and in south Shroud especially—but they're clearly still a force to reckon with. Albreda has a possible solution.

If there's anyone who can help you, it'd be Charline, the hamlet's resident Hearer. If you take the matter to her, might be as she'll listen... though I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sadly, Charline is a dead end. The Ala Mhigans were already denied by the woods, so Charline has no authority to assist them.

Meffrid isn't happy when he hears the news, and neither he should be. At this rate, his man will be left to die from a festering wound.

Spit on the elementals and spit on their bloody will! I cannot wait until the Resistance is free of this place!

At this point, the level requirement for the next MSQ has went up to 27. Fortunately, Aggro is still ahead of the curb, but the implication that time has passed remains.

In my homeland, long antelope horn is a traditional remedy with poison-purging properties. If you could bring me, say, four horns, I'd forever be in your debt.

It sounds like Meffrid finally has some sort of a solution. I figure the knowledge of this remedy wasn't actually his own, otherwise he'd have probably asked sooner. He's also now calmer, seeing a solution to his ally's problem.

The horns are easy to get, with many Antelope Stags hanging around outside the western gate at level 25. Aggro easily slaughters the four she needs. It's a wonder why she didn't kill two, but whatever. She better be careful, though. Poaching in the woods is a surefire way to experience the elementals' ire firsthand.

Our Resistance contact is incredibly pleased with our assistance. There's just one more thing he needs us to do: prepare the remedy. Meffrid doesn't have the tools to make the medicine, but he hears that Buscarron does. Aggro is asked to appeal to Buscarron and deliver the resulting powder to Faramund.

Buscarron being Buscarron is more than happy to help us out. Of course, the really dumb derail from before actually pays off here too, as he just supplies Aggro for free. Much of the less important quests in A Realm Reborn still have an impact eventually, as Aggro tends to make a lot of rather valuable friends.

That's great. We may have just saved another life. Let's have a chat with Meffrid and see if we can now do what we've set out to achie-...

drat it. Meffrid is worried like hell and doesn't think Gallien will manage for long with his wounds. He wants Aggro's help and suggests she speak to Albreda first.

Remember: Albreda didn't know who the wounded person was. She just knew that one of Meffrid's men was injured.

My brothers, I cannot bear to be a burden any longer. That is why I must leave you all. Do not worry for me—just find your way safely to Little Ala Mhigo.

<sigh> Blast it. Would that I'd known what he was thinking, I'd have stopped this folly myself. The love Gallien bears for his brothers is so strong, he's willing to sacrafice himself for them. Make no mistake, entering the wood in his weakened state is suicide.

The stress Meffrid is constantly being put through cannot be good for his heart, the poor guy. You have to appreciate a guy that cares a whole lot for his underlings, though.

My men and I will scour the wood for Gallien! Please help us find him before something terrible happens!

Music: Serenity

There's a goblin camp located within the proximity of where Gallien is expected to be. Don't pass through here. They're all level 28 and very aggressive, with ranged attacks.

Instead, Aggro travels around them, aiming for the cave.

Gallien is located at the entrance to the cave, and it's incredibly fortunate that he didn't get deeper inside. Right at the entrance are passive, level 45 bats. A little bit further in would have aggressive enemies at the same level. Even Aggro has no chance.

I guess it was inevitable we'd end up fighting one of these. We might have been spotted and got followed despite the caution around the camp.

The only notable detail about the Goblins here are their Bomb Toss attacks. It can strike from pretty far away if they have to, and it does a little bit more damage. Nothing too concerning and can be stopped by one of Aggro's two stuns.

Meffrid comes running in after we've saved Gallien from the Goblin Ambusher.

C-Captain? But...why? You should be all on your way...

Remember the oath we swore, godsdammit—the oath to reclaim our homeland! We'll set foot on Ala Mhigan soil again—together—or not at all! Do you understand me!?

Good. Let us return to our brothers. Oh, and don't even think that you'll get off lightly. As soon as you're healed, I'll give you such a thorough thrashing, you'll wish we didn't find you!

A quick whistle and we're on our way back to Quarrymill with the help of Bobbycorwen.

And we're done with that small chain. Now that Aggro has gained Meffrid's favour, it should be a lot easier to win over the Ala Mhigans from Little Ala Mhigo.

Aggro informs Meffrid on the reason she traveled many malms to speak to him.

The cooperation of the people of Little Ala Mhigo? That's all? Far be it from me to question your desires, of course... Very well, I will provide you with a letter to show to Gundobald.

The old bear was my mentor when I first joined the Resistance. He's intimidating to those who don't know him, but he takes care of his own. I've no doubt that he will do all in his power to aid you.

With that out of the way, let's deliver the letter back in Thanalan and get back to our actual investigation.

Aggro hands over Meffrid's Recommendation.

You... you spoke with Meffrid? It has been so long since I last heard from him, I had feared him dead... Twelve be praised... Whoever you are, Meffrid sees you as a friend, and any friend of Meffrid is a friend of mine. I know of this masked stranger you seek, and will tell you what I can.

We get a nice little upgrade to one of our ring slots for our troubles, and Gundobald's favours. On top of that, the Stormblood expansion actually added a new mount speed feature—available with or without the expansion itself. Completing an area in the MSQ will give a mount speed boost. Bobbycorwen and Aggro's other mounts will now move quicker in south Shroud.

In the next update, we meddle in the summoning of another primal or something, maybe. Tune in then!

Nothing to See Here

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Oh, that's where Meffrid first appeared. I like that the game offers you the option of saying you don't remember him, because I really didn't.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I actually couldn't remember him either, but I felt bad and lied when I got that option.

krisslanza
May 6, 2011

Solitair posted:

Oh, that's where Meffrid first appeared. I like that the game offers you the option of saying you don't remember him, because I really didn't.

I had to just look him up real quick to remember myself. I was sort of like, "His name does sound familiar." and once I realized who he was, I remembered all these quests.
But my memory is weird that way.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Solitair posted:

Somehow I remembered the guy I got medicine for but not Meffrid.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I can't imagine trying to remember almost anyone from this game, since so far the quests seem to go like:

Minfilia: "We need more information, so you should seek out X"
X: "I'm afraid I can't help you, but you should talk to Y"
Y: "My hands are tied, but my sister's nephew Z should be able to help."
Z: "I'd help you, but Z-alpha just wandered into the woods! We need to save him!"
Z-alpha: "I came searching for my daughter Z-beta, and I can't leave until we find her!"
Z-beta: "I need medicine for my cat, which we can only get by killing that group of mobs over there."

Yeah, no, I'm not going to remember Y when they show up again later.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pretty much. It's very awkward when Y shows up asking if you remember them.

Given that patches have a great deal of time between them the story is very long and the WoL is very busy, though, most NPCs usually understand if you don't.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The latest expansion has had a lot of fun bringing people out of the woodwork as well. The first job I leveled for it had a lot of cameos from other questlines, but remembering them wasn't important. I actually quite enjoyed that. It felt like everyone was busy while you were doing Warrior of Light stuff.

e: Also, yes. The quest structure is pretty much like that throughout A Realm Reborn. I'm trying to begin and end each update on some point of progress, but the game does get a lot better with this stuff later.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 18, 2017

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

krisslanza posted:

I had to just look him up real quick to remember myself. I was sort of like, "His name does sound familiar." and once I realized who he was, I remembered all these quests.
But my memory is weird that way.

:same: I wish there was a follow up option to say you remember him after you've had your memory jogged.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Chapter LI: Big Trouble in Little Ala Mhigo

Aggro's been hot on the trail of Lahabrea, leading her to Little Ala Mhigo. Still treated by the rest of Eorzea with disdain, the Ala Mhigans are not very welcoming to outsiders. Fortunately, Aggro managed to make friends with a member of the resistance, giving her an in with Little Ala Mhigo's leader, Gundobald.

No doubt you'll want to question them about their trysts, but they are not like to yield the information readily to an outsider. If you tell them I sent you, though, they ma well feel obliged to talk.

Alright, so some of the young have been seen with what could be our masked man. This is a good lead. Hopefully it won't turn out to just be a massive Amalj'aa.

Of course, they deny anything to do with Lahabrea.

This lady mistakenly thinks that they've already been caught out.

...O-Oh. You... you don't know anything about this? Why didn't you say so to start with!? You can't throw the old bear's name around like that and expect me to not think I'm in for it!

Well, anyway. Aggro asks four young Ala Mhigans, deciphering that there was contact with a masked man but nothing more. Let's go speak with Gundobald to see what we should do next.

There's an anger inside them—I can see it in their eyes. I ought to know, for it once burned within me as well.

Gundobald recalls his past in Ala Mhigo as a youth.

Two decades ago, that same anger drove me and my brothers to rise against the despot who ruled Ala Mhigo. Naught would do but to depose him and usher in a revolution. Well, we got our revolution all right...but it cost us our freedom. Blinded by our hate, we didn't realize that we had been dancing to the Empire's tune. By the time we did, it was too late. Ala Mhigo had fallen.

Theodoric—the King of Ruin—was the ruler of Ala Mhigo at the time, and the last one. His private guard, the Corpse Brigade, are now a rogue element in the lawless southern Thanalan. Their most notable claim to fame in A Realm Reborn is destroying the Temple of the Fist—home of the Ala Mhigan Monks. That will come up later.

There are times when a man must be patient. Now is such a time, though the young ones know this not. Unless we intervene, they are like to commit great folly. If you learn aught of their plans, I would thank you to bring word to me.

We're done with Gundobald for now, but Hremfing seems to want Aggro's attention.

I've got a message for you from Wilred. Lad's something of a leader among the young ones here. He's impressed that you've won over Gundobald, and wants a word with you. Says he'll be waiting over at the craggy area north of here.

To get to Wilred, Aggro leaves out of the entrance she came in from.

Music: To The Sun

Not appearing in any of my footage: the Burning Wall landmark from eastern Thanalan. It's very visible around here, and also still very cool at night.

Towards the west is where we'll find Wilred. Huh, this place is pretty desolate. I wonder why he'd want to talk to Aggro from all the way over there.

Oh, perhaps this is about the masked man? We might find out more! I suppose, this is around about in an arc where stuff begins to happen, huh?

Uh-oh.

Coeurl got your tongue? Hmph, no matter. Whoever it is you work for, your meddling ends here. Get her!

Kid, you have no idea what you're in for.

So, instead of fighting us himself, Wilred calls in a couple of other Ala Mhigan Youths to do the dirty work. Both of them are Monks Pugilists, and perform basically the same way the class does did in launch A Realm Reborn.

There's not much else to say about these two. Even their HP is basically just the same as any trash mob at level 27. They're pretty generic.

No, Aggro didn't beat Wilred so hard that he immediately had to get a neck brace. It looks awkward as hell, but an army of gil sellers just spawned on Wilred at this moment. They've been kicking about around Aggro's level for the past couple of days. You won't believe the number of Ala Mhigan Youths that spawned when I left.

This changes nothing! Threaten us, beat us bloody all you like... but nothing short of death can make us give up our fight!

Wilred, you're a lot more intimidating when you're dressed up like a more traditional Final Fantasy Black Mage.

Wilred then runs away from the somewhat terrifying gil sellers that interrupted our meeting.

Since we're off to go report to Gundobald again, Aggro travels directly south to enter Little Ala Mhigo's western entrance. Along the way are some aggressive Sandskin Peistes. Next to them is a Rockskin Peiste, which is a sort of notorious monster I guess? It's reasonably tougher than the rest, even though it's at the same level.

Ah, safety juxtaposed next to a dangerous landmark in the background. What we can see is Zanr'ak—holy land of the Amalj'aa. It's a high level area, at least in A Realm Reborn, so we'll be keeping our distance from that.

Gundobald is also haunted by Black Mage gil sellers.

Quests are starting to finally give us better accessories than the starting ones. Sure, Aggro doesn't gain any HP, but who needs more health if you can kill the enemy quicker?

So, it's around here that I took a break from the session and came back later, wanting to avoid more gil sellers showing up at unwanted times. I play the game at 1080p using a 4k resolution setting so that the text can still be visible in the LP. I forgot to set it to that option when I came back.

Yes. That's pretty unreadable. I know. The quality of everything in the LP will improve after this scene. The whole session was a bit of a mess.

Wilred mentioned obtaining the power to bring down the Empire. of what power could he be speaking...?

(Offscreen) Gun... Gundobald... <groan> I-I...

Bertliana? Gods preserve! What happened!?

I was out foraging... when the Corpse Brigade came... They took me to their hideout... and they... they... <sob>. The whole while, they laughed at me... <sob> They said that I suffer... b-because I cling on to hope... <sob>. Is it wrong to dream of home? Is it wrong to call ourselves Ala Mhigan?

Do not heed such poisonous notions, child. Our dreams are what sustain us. Be strong—I swear to you, those villains will answer for their crimes in due time. But tell me... does anyone else know of this?

Wilred... He saw me outside... He was so angry...

(To Aggro) I must tend to Bertliana. In the meantime, I need you to find out what the young ones make of this. I fear that they may do something rash.

Aggro nods.

Well, that's kind of hosed up. The Corpse Brigade never really cared about their own people, and murdered pretty much anyone that had money under Theodoric's paranoid orders. They're still loyal to him even though the man is deceased. That doesn't really justify what they did though. There's actually a chain-FATE nearby where you can eventually fight their leader. We might do that later. Or you can do that yourself.

After surveying the immediate area, Aggro discovers a Map of Zanr'ak. It's the Corpse Brigade that Wilred is angry with, so this probably isn't related. Still, let's pocket it anyway. Just in case.

Yeah, they're mad. And as they should be, really. They're also reckless and the previous Kingsguard is maybe not the best people to start a fight with.

Well, I'll suffer this humiliation no more! I'm with Wilred to the bitter end! I'm not afraid of a few lizards!

Wait, what? Hold on a minute now. What do they want with the Amalj'aa?

There's also a discarded and rusty hunting knife. Now, the Zanr'ak map was one thing, but we're in a cave that homes warriors. This isn't really that suspicious.

In the upper level of the eastern wing of Little Ala Mhigo, Wilred is praying to Rhalgr, one of the Twelve and the Ala Mhigan deity.

Hmph, here to interfere again? Well, you're too late. Our plan is already in motion. Once we have the crystals, our enemies will pay for their crimes, and no one will dare oppress us ever again!

Wilred leaves.

So, if we're to piece everything together, it looks like Wilred and his band of Ala Mhigan Youths are intending to strike the Amalj'aa for their supply of crystals. Do you remember why the Amalj'aa have amassed a lot of crystals? I'll give you a hint. It begins with an I-F-R-I-T. With Wilred seeking crystals and praying to Rhalgr, is he perhaps planning to summon one of the Twelve? Let's report back to Gundobald. This might become a more important task for Aggro as a Scion.

Looks like Gundobald is thinking about the same thing we are.

The young fools are untrained and unbloodied, all. They have no notion of how dangerous the Amalj'aa are. They'll be butchered before they get within a hundred yalms of the crystals. They are headed east. If we hurry, we may yet find them before it's too late.

Music: To The Sun

The eastern side of southern Thanalan is more interesting than the west. There are ruins older than Ul'dahs original settlement (Belah'dia) here.

Of course, there's also lots of Amalj'aa running about here, too. Aggro has to be careful, or she might have to murder a few dozen lizardmen.

Southern Thanalan is split into three areas. Right now we're in Broken Water, the safest part of it even despite it being the home for the Corpse Brigade. Across this bridge is the middle area: Zanr'ak. As you can see by the corpses, this is an even more dangerous place and Wilred was a fool to lead his people here.

Music: Kiss of Chaos

This is all wrong... Getting the crystals was supposed to be the start... We were going to reclaim our homeland... We were... We...

Pull yourself together, lad!

We plotted to sneak into Zanr'ak and make off with the lizardmen's cache, b-but they caught us and... and... So many dead... Gods forgive me...

Heathens! You shall pay for your crimes with your souls!

For all their failings, they are the hope of the Ala Mhigan people. This hope I will guard with my life.

New Music: From Fear to Fortitude

Alright, we have ourselves an old fashioned skirmish. Lavafang Hemozz Teh serves as the boss of the encounter, but the clear condition is to murder them all. With that in mind, it's best to focus on everyone else first. Gundobald the Resolute will hold the boss off for now.

Forgive us... We... we only wanted...

The excuses will keep!

We want to kill these guys as quickly as possible, starting with the enemies that target Aggro first. If left alone, the Amalj'aa can kill Wilred and his crew. Wilred's death will fail the duty.

Killing the first group will spawn in some more. I'll be glossing over most of this fight as we've seen how the Amalj'aa tend to fight.

The whelps must pay for their crimes!

I will not let you harm them!

You know, I think Gundobald kind of deserves his own portrait. Wilred and Meffrid don't actually have their own either, but I chose similar images from official artwork because they're pretty noteworthy characters in the future. Spoiler: Wilred shows up again.

The Battle Drakes will have a frontal cone AoE called Burning Cyclone that does increased damage. At this point, nothing is targeting Aggro and she is free to pick her own foe. The Battle Drake is the most sensible one, as we can face it away from the rest of the group.

A final wave of enemies spawn in. This time they're tempered Ala Mhigans. It's pretty terrible when you think about it.

Lavafang isn't actually the last to go down, leaving the remaining Ala Mhigan puppet to suffer the swords of his fellow kinsmen.

Well, that was easy enough.

Soundtrack ends.

W-Wait! We've come all this way—we have to get the crystals! They're right there, ripe for the picking!

Have you learned nothing, Wilred? Did you not see those tempered wretches? Such is the fate of those who are touched by a god. Is that what you desire for yourself and your friends?

Enough. I will hear the rest of this sorry tale back in Little Ala Mhigo. I daresay Aggro will wish to hear it as well.

Yes, Aggro will definitely wish to hear this as well. It sounds like it's not just the beast men we'll have to watch in the future.

Alright, we're back at the camp. Let's speak to Gundobald and find out more about Lahabrea.

I was outside with the others when he appeared—the masked stranger. He told us about summoning Rhalgr, about using crystals, and then just... vanished. We never saw him again.

Listen to me, Wilred. Our home may be lost to us, but it takes more than stones and mortar to define who we are. No matter where we may be, Ala Mhigo lives on within us all. It is for you to decide what to make of this legacy. But whatever you choose to do with your life, never forget that you owe it to this adventurer—an outsider.

I... I won't. I promise.

Well, "sorry I tried to kill you" is most definitely the worst apology I've heard in a while.

Wilred leaves.

Alright, so we're kind of out of leads at this point. What we now know is that Lahabrea isn't targeting just beast tribes, and anyone in a bad situation is a pretty massive risk. Unfortunately, it's only been five years since the Calamity. It's going to be hard to narrow down potential targets. In any case, let's say our farewells and return to Minfilia with what we've learned. It's not much, but we do have some alarming info for her.

Left unchecked, that man will bring about great pain and suffering. I pray that you'll find and put a swift end to the creature—for the sake of the young ones who died by his poisoned words.

Alright. If I recall correctly, it'll be a long time before we return here. Try and take note of the events that transpired in Little Ala Mhigo. It's pretty relevant later on.

About a minute later, we return to Vesper Bay. I specifically remember a lot more of Minfilia telling us to pray return here, but it seems that those memories are blurring together with the ones when we return on our own volition. I'm glad the Scions move to a more convenient spot to travel to later.

Music: The Waking Sands

Minfilia is where we left her. I do wonder if she actually leaves this room. It's not good to just stay indoors all day, you know?

Screen fades as Aggro reports to Minfilia.

While many of the ills that all the land can be attributed to the Calamity, some are being brought about by a malign will. We must needs delve deeper into this, while things remain quiet on the primal front.

Tataru interrupts from out of seemingly nowhere. The truth is, there was an odd camera angle when Aggro first approached Minfilia. It showed Tataru in the corner, though I didn't notice when I was recording and got weirded out by the shot and this random outburst.

Hm? Did you say something?

N-Nothing, my lady!

Tataru then leaves. Uhh... comedy? I think?

Yeah. Maybe a little.

So, that brings an end to our time spent in Little Ala Mhigo. We're still on the hunt for Lahabrea, but given the break, I'll be taking this opportunity to grant us a little intermission. Aggro has some other pursuits outside of protecting the realm which we might see next time.

No video again this time. I'll be re-recording them with another character, so again, don't be surprised if you're in the future and watching someone else suddenly show up. Sorry!

Interestingly, there's also no change to the NPCs of the Waking Sands. They don't appear to cycle dialogue on each major visit to the HQ, but instead whenever the arc tangibly changes. I'll still check every time anyway, just in case. Maybe the next quest will make time progress in our instance bubble?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

CrashScreen posted:

I was out foraging... when the Corpse Brigade came... They took me to their hideout... and they... they... <sob>. The whole while, they laughed at me... <sob> They said that I suffer... b-because I cling on to hope... <sob>. Is it wrong to dream of home? Is it wrong to call ourselves Ala Mhigan?

:stare:
Well that took a dark turn unexpectedly.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

:stare:
Well that took a dark turn unexpectedly.

No loving kidding. What the hell, game?!

Although I guess when you think about it, executing those tempered soldiers wasn't a whole lot less dark. This is just a lot more...personal, somehow? More immediate, if that makes any sense.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I remember being pretty surprised by that part, too. There are a number of minor villains in this game who are pretty shameless rapists.

On a lighter note, it's always funny seeing the enemies with Classes use skills that no longer exist on those classes.

CrashScreen posted:

I'm glad the Scions move to a more convenient spot to travel to later.

:same:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 3, 2017

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
Wilred... he's just a poor, misguided kid who wants to help people. :unsmith:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Gil.... sellers? Isn't gil money? How do you sell money?

Also, they couldn't have telegraphed that ambush by Wilred any more. I hope nobody ever stumbled into that unaware.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

They sell gil for real money, which is against the terms of service since it causes huge inflation in the game economy when left unchecked.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You would think there would be some very serious consequences for what Wilred did. Even though he was unsuccessful, it still feels like attempted murder. Attempted tempering? Attempted doing the bad thing?

SkyTalon2314
Aug 8, 2013

vdate posted:

No loving kidding. What the hell, game?!

Although I guess when you think about it, executing those tempered soldiers wasn't a whole lot less dark. This is just a lot more...personal, somehow? More immediate, if that makes any sense.

The game is pretty comfortable with dancing around rape like this. Hell, a few times they are far more blatant about it, but usually that's in Class Quests we aren't getting to. Primarily you see this kind of thing in Limsa and Ul'dah. Pirates who don't follow the Admiral sometimes deal with human trafficking, which is a big major No-No and puts you on the top of Limsa's "secret police's" poo poo list. In Ul'dah it's more of a situation of... "Well. You owed me 100 gil, but with interest that's now 500 gil. Oh? Don't have the coin? Well... there's another way you can pay it back..."

That said, I do enjoy how each of the City States has their own wealth of issues and problems, but also their good sides as well. Some are more lopsided than others, but it makes for a more interesting world.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Frankly, if there's any good use for "secret police", it's maintaining a poo poo list for human traffickers.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Limsa's class quests can be pretty interesting like that, in that they will occasionally take a swerve to remind you that "yeah, this is a city run by pirates and only some of them are the jolly, rum-swigging, dancing kind of pirates." Makes you appreciate Admiral Melwyb and her crew more though, simply for turning Limsa into what it is by the time the game starts.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Yeah, for all the goofy pun names and pop culture references and general snark in dialogue, this game can get really fuckin' dark. Stuff like the implications of tempering are only the half of it.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The Rockskin Peiste is tied to a quest in the area where you get an item that reduces its stats, making it on par with normal mobs of that level. There are a few quests like that here and there.

...I feel compelled to do all the quests in this game, even the dumb busywork ones.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Chapter LII: Dodo It Yourself

Music: I Am the Sea

Since Aggro has a bit of time to enjoy some recreational work, we're now at the Bismarck—or, Culinarian's Guild—to do the next class quest. This will be a short update as Culinarian quests will be story-light for a while yet.

Right now, the Culinarian quests seem to be all ab out fixing Ingham's mistakes. Apparently he can't cook a grilled Dodo which is, well, a staple dish to the Bismarck. Lyngsath asks us to make one up and show Ingham how it's done. Yeah. It's basically the same pattern as before.

Saving us the trouble of having to hunt for ingredients to make a Bismarck favourite, the guild vendor has everything we need.

For some reason, I'm dumb. Or blind. Or both. I couldn't find the Grilled Dodo recipe, so it's a good thing we've got that search function. There aren't many ingredients required, with table salt and garlean garlic simply offering to be all the seasoning we need. The effects are actually pretty decent for this level too.

I originally thought it could be fun to write about my crafting steps as if I was really cooking. You know, like, "next, Aggro adds a dash of table salt." But then I realised cooking is something I'm terrible at and I was very bad at this joke. Instead, have a joke about me being really bad at a joke. Actually, does this even count as a joke? I guess this is more of a statement.

Anyway. We're getting off-track here. It's been a while but crafting is simple: fill the progress bar to finish the craft. Some actions can improve the quality which gives us a higher chance of an HQ item. Each action costs 10 Durability, and hitting 0 will fail the craft unless we finish progressing it there.

It's impossible to guarantee an HQ item at this level. We have Master's Mend to recover 30 durability, but all of our actions (excluding Basic Synthesis for progress) cost CP. A single Master's Mend eats up a little more than half of our CP. To top it off, Basic Touch (increases quality) only has a 70% chance of success so we usually want to improve that with Steady Hand—a 20% success rate buff.

In case you haven't noticed, I've now listed all the actions we have again.

A 5% chance of making an HQ Grilled Dodo is about all Aggro can muster this time. We receive three of them, and Ingham only needs two. That's a spare for us!

Aggro also levels up from the crafting experience. She obtains Inner Quiet, which is a new buff with a pretty essential perk. It'll grant us a stack of Inner Quiet for each successful Touch ability used to improve quality. Each stack contributes an additional 20% bonus to Control using the base value. The stack caps at 11.

Since it's a short update, let's get a little bit more technical. The crafting formula have been reverse engineered, so we actually understand how they work. Sort of. It kind of gets eschewed at a certain point when you're at one of the level caps, but let's put that aside for now.

Alright, so Aggro has 65 Craftmanship. Putting aside the level of a recipe, I can estimate that Aggro will improve progress by 15 each time she uses Basic Synthesis. Until roughly the next expansion, progress is calculated as ~21.5% of your Craftmanship, plus an extra 1.6. Whatever value we get is floored, because that's how this game works. I'll comment about where it gets wonky later, and I'll save recipe levels for another time.

While Aggro schools Ingham again, let's talk about our Control.

Control isn't as clean, so I'll just dump the actual formula instead of approximating it. The increase in quality equates to (0.0000346 * Control * Control + 0.3514) * Control + 34.66

So, uhh. Don't expect to work that out on the fly. Putting aside level difference again, 23 Control should get Aggro around 43 Quality. It'd take her 16 Basic Touches in order to get a 100% chance of an HQ Grilled Dodo at this level. That's not happening. Later on, we'll get actions that make HQ'ing same-level recipes a lot easier.

Our reward gives us some choices, but none are as good as this Amateur's Kurta. Control and Craftmanship? Yes, please!

We also get a really good Skillet, too.

Our next quest won't be available until level 15. Since this is so short, let's do the next one.

Leveling Culinarian is a bit of a chore at times, though. There are usually a lot of required ingredients, and they're usually scattered everywhere. We can get away with crafting new stuff until level 15, but I'll just casually do some leves. Aggro's allowance for these is rarely not 100, so why not?

Okay, I'm not doing the Moal Loaf leve. That's for sure. Look at those ingredients.

To top it off, look at the actual leve in the top right? (Oh yeah, leves are like some magical card or whatever). That image represents a leve which will have us travel. These are called Ingenuity leves. I know ahead of doing this that Go Ahead and Dig In needs turned in at western Thanalan. Sack that.

Looking a lot more appealing is this Constancy leve, which means the recipient of our craft will be local. Grilled carp only requires a Maiden Carp and a single cup (I guess?) of Table Salt. The Maiden Carp can be purchased from the Hyaline nearby.

And so starts the leve farming. Level 12 unlocks the Material Condition feature of crafting. We'll get to that in the next Culinarian quest. It's a super passive RNG thing.

Music: A Sailor Never Sleeps

It really doesn't take long to hit level 15. Aggro learns Hasty Touch. This is an incredibly vital skill, and one of the earliest cross-class actions for crafters. Yeah, cross-class was only removed for the combat classes. Hasty Touch is basically the same action as Basic Touch, except that it has a 50% success rate and no CP cost. It's that last part that makes it so vital. The only limit is Durability. Of course, we'll need to couple it with Steady Hand to actually make it effective.

In the next quest, Ingham has once again done something. This time, Lyngsath isn't sure what it is yet, though. There's not a lot of faith in the guy.

It turns out that our head chef wasn't wrong to assume that. Ingham decided to try and impress a patron with their favourite dish and absolutely botched it. Of course, the patron now wants to talk to Ingham's manager. Oh, Ingham. What will we do with you?

Maetimaga is unforgiving, and wants Ingham's head. Unlike what our peer assumes, Maetimaga isn't actually out to tarnish the Bismarck's reputation. He seems to want to weed out the bad chefs to help the Bismarck out. That's... pretty ruthless, Maetimaga. Isn't that up to Lyngsath?

It turns out that our dear client will actually forgive Ingham if we can prove the standards aren't really slipping here. Translation: I want free food. Well, alright then.

He only wants one, and our recipe will produce three. That's some buffs for Aggro's later use, then. Looking at the ingredients, I think this might be the last quest the guild will provide for us, so I'll probably have Aggro work on her Botanist and Fisher next time the story takes a breather moment.

While crafting the Meat Miq'abob, the condition actually turns good. So, the Condition area is basically a buff just for that step. I think only Good is available right now, but more show up. This one will make the typically white glow of a crafting material go amber. It's like getting a critical hit, and gives any quality-improving actions a 50% bonus.

Sadly, Aggro is still only able to get an 8% chance of high quality right now. At the very least, the craft is done. Hopefully this will satisfy the complaining party.

This guy's an rear end in a top hat. I've never worked in service before, do people like this actually exist or is he a special kind of pompous?

The good news is that Maetimaga really likes Aggro's meat miq'abob. The bad news is that she has to listen to him criticise Ingham's work to her face for the next few minutes.

After the lecture, Maetimaga returns to his seat. He will never leave this place.

Well, back to our guildmaster to turn in the quest. Let's see what he has to say about all of this.

It turns out that Lyngsath doesn't really care too much about what the customers think of his staff. He would prefer to have them remain to continue fostering passion towards the craft, even if that means the Bismarck's reputation suffers. Lyngsath is a good person.

For her efforts, Aggro gets to pick some more equipment to take as a reward. I go with the waist gear, since she has nothing else in that slot. That's a solid +9 to Control.

Aggro is also given a Recruit's Culinary Knife, boosting all of her crafting stats. This is good.

Well, that's it for this time. In the next update, let's progress the main scenario some more. Aggro probably shouldn't put off finding Lahabrea for too long. Things were already close with the southern Thanalan crew.

Dodo It Yourself

On A Skewer Tip

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

A new patch just dropped and it included some cool things, but mostly the only relevant thing for the thread is the new housing area, Shirogane. It's a Stormblood place from the far east, but it's actually accessible to players regardless of the level and location in the story (provided their FC got lucky). My FC managed to grab a house in the massive, crazy rush, so I might show it off as a little preview to Stormblood in a bonus if that interests anyone?

For the active players, was anyone else lucky in grabbing a place? I was online on the dot and still failed to grab the one I was after for the FC, but our backup is actually a lot better than I realised. I hope some others had similar or better luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I assume you're in the Omega FC? Our house is pretty cool, especially as a beachfront property.

I still like my Mist apartment most. :v: