Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
I was working when the servers came back up, and I read on my friends' discord that every single Shirogane house was bought in *five minutes*, with all the other houses in every other place being bought within the hour; many people are assuming that the same people bought the rest of the houses on their alts.

Regardless, it's servers like Exodus that is the reason why Yoshi-P is trying to solve the housing dilemma, because holy crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Omega server filled up pretty quickly. I know all the large and medium plots were gone in something like ten minutes? I had a friend desperately trying to nab one. The small plots were filled a short while later. It was quite a rush, and I hopped between three instances of the area before I was actually successful. It turns out, a lot of people assumed the second ward would fill a lot quicker, which meant that barely anyone tried to get a plot there for the first few minutes.

Ibblebibble posted:

I assume you're in the Omega FC? Our house is pretty cool, especially as a beachfront property.

I still like my Mist apartment most. :v:

I'm actually in a different FC on Omega. We've got that plot in the Ward 2 subdivision, and I love the little hidden cove with a hot spring nearby. I've been planning to get Aggro in the goon FC though, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also, yes for Mist apartments! I missed the opportunity to get an actual plot there instead, but I had one back on Midgardsormr. It's such a nice place. Right now, my personal plot is in The Goblet, and the new changes are at least pretty nice. Housing's a bit of a big deal, so I might do a full update on it in the future if I get lucky with the new wards that are coming. I'd have the thread vote the location on it too, of course.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
I was sleeping while the housing rush began, but thankfully my FC leader is some kind of wizard, because she not only secured us a big house, but also the exact big house we were hoping to get.

We've been spending the past few days decorating it and getting it looking somewhat presentable. Also stuffing it to the gils with stuffed foxes.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

CrashScreen posted:

For the active players, was anyone else lucky in grabbing a place? I was online on the dot and still failed to grab the one I was after for the FC, but our backup is actually a lot better than I realised. I hope some others had similar or better luck!

I got Plot 30 in one of the wards, so I'm happy, got my secret hot springs!

... it was extremely stressful rushing over there before someone else got it though.

SkyTalon2314
Aug 8, 2013

I ended up getting plot 59 on Excalibur, which is one of the bigger Legacy servers. I also have easy access to one of the secret hot springs, and have already made my yard all nice.

Meanwhile my FC decided to not move, because as it turns out, the Goblet's redesign is awesome, and our FC house is literally right in front of the Brimming Heart. Probably some of the best real estate in the game, period.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The update will be up sometime in the next couple of days. I might be able to get it out today. In the mean time, it's nearly time for All Saints' Wake again. I wonder if they'll do any special duty stuff this time? I'll probably capture the event again, but I'm pretty sure everyone would rather we push onwards just now. I

Gloomy Rube posted:

I got Plot 30 in one of the wards, so I'm happy, got my secret hot springs!

... it was extremely stressful rushing over there before someone else got it though.

Wordybird posted:

I was sleeping while the housing rush began, but thankfully my FC leader is some kind of wizard, because she not only secured us a big house, but also the exact big house we were hoping to get.

We've been spending the past few days decorating it and getting it looking somewhat presentable. Also stuffing it to the gils with stuffed foxes.

I'm a little envious, because plot 30/60 was the one we were after and didn't get. Twice, I almost reached the board before someone snatched it from my hands. Well, it worked out in the end. That's a prime spot right there though.

SkyTalon2314 posted:

Meanwhile my FC decided to not move, because as it turns out, the Goblet's redesign is awesome, and our FC house is literally right in front of the Brimming Heart. Probably some of the best real estate in the game, period.

I'm quite surprised by the change too. Before it, I'd argue the north area had the best little spot, but the new Brimming Heart is really neat! It's what The Goblet really needed.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
My current FC got a plot. It seems alright. I mostly don't bother with the housing stuff.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Chapter LIII: Terror at Fallgourd

Music: The Waking Sands

Alright, back to the business at hand. Minfilia still wants us to investigate Lahabrea, so I guess that's what we're doing next. It seems like someone fitting Lahabrea's description was seen in North Shroud, and Minfilia is certain that it's him this time. Her instincts tell her so.

Minfilia tells us that Noraxio has more info, so we speak to our new Sylph friend. There's a little reference here: the Ashcrown Consortium was an organisation that pushes trade between the Aldenard beast tribes. They had a lot of story importance in 1.0. Anyway, Aggro is to find a digger named Medrod in a place called Fallgourd Float.

It looks like the easiest way to reach Fallgourd Float is likely from Gridania. We haven't visited the town yet, so Aggro hasn't attuned to the aetheryte.

You'd be forgiven for wondering why North Shroud isn't West Shroud, especially considering it's at the same y-axis on the map as East Shroud. West Shroud used to exist to the west of Central Shroud, but the Calamity flooded it. We'll probably visit it in a bonus, since one small part of it remains as a PvP map.

Just like when Aggro became a Botanist, we need to access North Shroud from Old Gridania.

Music: Serenity

Fallgourd Float is to the far west of the map. Treespeak, our current area, is part of the Gridania leveling path. There's nothing of note here at level 29. The only notable landmark is the stables ahead of us, where Gridania's chocobos are broken in before use.

Crossing the river takes us into Alder Springs. This area used to be filled with alders until the Calamity came, except that it was just another copy-paste location in 1.0. We're in the most pleasant part of the area.

Meanwhile, Fallgourd Float is slap in the middle of a river. This actually used to be a somewhat notable landmark in 1.0. It used to be a big tree in the middle of a lake, unreachable.

To our left is some tavern without a name as far as I know. Medrod is there. Also, assume Aggro attunes to the aetheryte, because she does.

Inside, Medrod isn't too keen on telling us more about what he saw.

Fortunately, his buddy Aideen has an idea on how we can get some extra information from him. He's still a kid at heart, and he misses his mum's Lentils and Chestnuts. For whatever reason, I forgot to include the reward for the last quest. Minfilia gave Aggro some Lentils and Chestnuts, and it's still hanging about in our inventory. It's probably stale and cold, but whatever. We already have what we need. I'm pretty sure this was added in a later patch, too.

We give it to him anyway.

That's not enough, and Aggro has to /soothe him as well. Also, check out the Elezen to the right. How does he drink like that?

...To see the corpse of a woman! One glimpse was enough to tell me that she'd died a gruesome death! In that instant, I knew right away that the masked man was a minion of Thal, come to claim her soul for His realm.

Aggro explains herself to him.

Medrod looks genuinely horrified.

Meanwhile, Aideen offers to help while refusing to even look at Aggro.

Aye, anything to ensure that we won't have to suffer Medrod's hysteria ever again.

Alright, so we should know the pattern at this point. For every bit of plot progression Aggro makes, we must also clear somewhat filler quests. Let's just clear them quickly.

From now on, I'm going to wrap the less important quests inside a pair of banners like this. If you want to skip these quests, then just go ahead and scroll to the matching banner. The original A Realm Reborn story has an issue with filler, and it's pretty clearly padded in areas to provide more mandatory exp through questing. The expansions solve this problem, but we'll be dealing with it for now. I'll also probably add the banner to earlier updates at some point as well.

First up, Aideen wants to rule out the possibility that the attacks were just a bunch of aggressive Ziz.

The majority of these quests will take us to the western section of Alder Springs.

Bahamut's reign of terror was probably most felt in the Shroud, despite Carteneau Flats existing closer to Thanalan. With West Shroud flooded, even the western section of North Shroud is just wastes. There's actually a structure leftover from Dalamud around here too.

Aggro needs to slaughter six Ziz indiscriminately. Incidentally, these are the namesake for the whole genus. We'd recognise them better as Hammer Beaks. Like their lower leveled cousins, these can inflict poison. That's really it. They drop like flies and Aggro returns to the unnamed tavern.

Of course, all we did was rule out the Ziz. We didn't really achieve much there.

At this point, the story branches a little bit. And by branches, I mean it takes us on a detour that then branches but ultimately doesn't lead anywhere. We've got two quests; both quests are required to to unlock the actual progression quest.

Ivaurault confesses that he saw a winged eye as well, leading to Aggro investigating where he saw it right back at the Ziz' den.

This leads to a fight with a Heavy Banemite. It's weak and inflicts an equally weak poison. Unlike the Ziz, this poison doesn't require you failing to avoid an AoE. Completing this quest provides a selection of equipment, but none of them benefit Aggro at all. There's a Vitality ring, but Aggro has an HQ version equipped thanks to some off-screen assistance.

Aideen's quest is (at least) a little bit more interesting, if still unimportant. She wants us to investigate a rock that apparently wails with the victims' rancor by blowing it up. Okay.

Next to the quest name in the duty list is an icon for a Firestick. Clicking that icon will let us use the Ground Targeting Mode.

Aggro will then drop a Firestick on that spot, blowing it up.

The rock will then shatter into pieces, which Aggro must collect. Once she gathers all five, it's time to head back to Aideen. When I said that this quest was a little more interesting, I meant that we got to do something even remotely new.

Sadly, the conclusion isn't a little more interesting. The shards turn out to be nothing but ordinary lightning shards that would be used in crafting. I'm glad we did this. She even gets to keep them. Surely we could get five lightning shards as a reward?

Anyway, now that we're done with that, Medrod will have the next quest for us. This one will actually move the story along.

Medrod turns to Ivaurault

Judging by your furrowed brows, I take it this sorry business troubles you as much as it does me.

But you and I were malms apart. How could we have both seen it at precisely the same time?

There must be an explanation! I know I saw an eyeball with wings—I would wager an apple tart on it!

<gasp> Gods, of course... There must be more than one of the buggers! Ugh, it's so obvious. But then that means... since there have been repeated sightings of these fiends... then there must be even more victims as yet undiscovered...

I-I do believe we're out of our depth. We ought to leave the rest to the expert.

Y-Yes, we're just civilians, after all. Good luck, adventurer. It was a pleasure knowing you!

While I burn to know the truth, some things are best left unknown. Lest you have forgotten, it was at the rocky area to the west that I had my encounter. Should you discover aught of note, you will want to alert the authorities. There is a guardhouse nearby.

And that ends Aggro's collaboration with that group of miners. It wasn't like they were doing much but drinking away while Aggro did errands anyway.

Our destination is, once again, the area with all the Ziz.

It turns out that Aggro might have discovered the corpse had she strayed a little further to the edge of the map while slaughtering Ziz earlier in the filler quests.

Music: The Land Bends

Attempting to approach the Mangled Corpse will cause a Floating Eye to spawn in. Actually, we stumbled on it.

They aren't a threat to Aggro, and only seem to cast Stone—a level 1 Conjurer spell. It tickles, though it does remind me to mention that Stormblood changed how blocking worked. Shields can now block magical attacks as well.

There is one new mechanic worth discussing, and it's this eye symbol. It'll occur during any sort of Gaze attack, and basically means that looking at the caster will result in the Gaze's effect. While Aggro evaded this AoE by side-stepping it, she could have simply looked away and remained while still remaining in the cone to avoid it too.

Melee players should be careful with this, though. That change to Auto-Attack in Heavensward to make it work regardless of your facing also affected Gaze mechanics. While in melee range, players should disengage from combat when looking away. Otherwise, the Auto-Attack will count as still looking at the enemy. Whoops! As pointed out in the thread, Auto-Attack is safe. You just can't use any actions when trying to look away regardless of your role.

Our ex-allies told Aggro to inform the Serpents at the local guardhouse of anything we find. Rather than tell them about the corpse, our protagonist sees fit to carry it around in her backpack and take it to them.

The guardhouse is placed pretty much at the settlement entrance from where we came from.

Aggro pulls the corpse out from who-knows-where and hands it over to Aethelmaer.

Identical deaths have been reported in the Central Shroud. While the masked stranger you seek does not seem to feature in any, sightings of the winged eyeball are common enough. The creature appears to be moving the bodies, but to what end, none can say.

It sounds like we only found the eyeball because we arrived just as it was dropping this poor lady off.

The victims have all been young women. All are found with their faces mutilated beyond recognition. It's been difficult to identify them, so as to notify their next of—

Either way, I dare to hope that this will prove pivotal in solving the murders.

This could prove to be another lead, but the Serpent now has our evidence. Let's speak to him and see what we can do next.

Avoiding some movie cliches, Aggro is let into the investigation as she's made more progress than the Serpents have. It may not be standard procedure, but Aggro Crag has been garnering a little bit of fame lately—especially among Grand Company sorts.

If I might make a suggestion, you may wish to take the button to Gridania and have it examined by Miounne. Mayhap someone in her vast network of contacts can shed light upon its sigil.

Music: Wailers and Waterwheels

It's been a while since we last spoke to Mother Miounne, back in the Gridanian Adventurers' Guild. I think it's been about a year in real time, actually.

Aggro gives Miounne the Lily Button without explanation.

Well, isn't this a lovely little button. The engraving is quite exquisite—artisan-level quality, I would say. Where did you say you found this? ...On a dead body? Lovely.

Yeah, but don't worry. It was a fresh corpse. I'm sure that makes it less gross, right? It doesn't really make it less gross, huh?

Anyway, I'm afraid I do not recognize the lily sigil. You will have to find the answer the old-fashioned way—by asking around. You could do worse than beginning with Bernadette, over by the aetheryte plaza. She has a sharp pair of eyes, that one.

Sadly, Bernadette doesn't have anything for us, but she can point us to someone who might. Off to the Lancers' Guild we go.

Wait. A memory comes to me. Of late, there has been a man who is perpetually seated at the bench by the ward's entrance. His name is Ursandel, and I distinctly recall seeing a markedly similar button upon the breast of his jacket. I daresay he can tell you a thing or two about it.

The ward itself is as far north as you can go in Gridania. Behind the gate is the residential district for Gridania, which is currently inaccessible for adventurers. It's been around since 1.0. It used to be possible to get over that fence and look around a little bit, but they patched that a long time ago. There's nothing exciting there yet.

Interestingly, the developers accidentally shared a screenshot of the Old Gridania map with a zone arrow above it when they were revealing a change to the maps in a patch note. They fixed that pretty quickly, but it suggests there may be more to this area in the future. Or maybe not. Who knows?

...From the body of a murdered woman? H-Her face... was it marred in any way?

Aggro explains the case so far. It seems like we've hit our jackpot.

This might lead to a bit of a detour, but at the same time, this could also very well be vital to our investigation. Let's hear him out.

Alas, the Calamity wrought a great change in her. Though my lady escaped with her life, death may well have been a kinder fate. Never will I forget the day her bandages were removed, and she beheld her disfigured face for the first time. At that moment, the kindly woman I knew ceased to be.

:eyepop: Maybe that kindly woman ceased to be because her servant believed that her disfigured face was worse than death?

Unable to bear the thought of being seen, my lady sequestered herself within her chambers and refused all company. This continued for many uneasy moons, until one day, without warning, she began receiving queer guests. None among us knew whence they came, these masked men, but my lady believed that they would help her to regain that which she had lost. So began the "rites of rejuvenation."

Rites? Masked men? Yup. This sounds like it could be our man. It's not like we haven't met another Ascian before.

It fell to me to dispose of her body.

And right after that, you contacted the police Serpents, right?

I performed the dreadful task as bade, obedient servant that I was, but when the time came to return to the house, my legs refused to move. I knew then that I could not go back to that place, not after the nightmare I had witnessed. So it was that I left Haukke Manor, my home for nigh on half a century. Indeed, I had resolved never to speak of my experience... until you appeared before me.

That kind of makes you an rear end in a top hat. I wonder how many deaths could have been avoided if he'd kept quiet about this. Word had managed to spread to the sylph, so I'm pretty sure this old man would have heard about them too.

Alright, so Lady Amandine had a lot of masked people visit her, leading to strange rituals that involved murder. Why do I get the impression that those masked people are going to just be some cult and not a real clue? Well, anyway. Aggro has already agreed to help the old man out, so let's take a visit to Haukke Manor.

Haukke Manor is in Central Shroud, but it's in the far west region. It's not hard to get to, but it's a little bit more out of the way than normal. Fortunately, there's a shortcut. Tyoh Moui has a quest for us in which they give us a pass for White Wolf Gate.

At the western edge of New Gridania is the gate. We'll need to talk to Franchemontiaux to travel through it from now on, but at least it's there. Attuning with every aethernet will also grant access to it from the aethernet network.

The gate drops Aggro in Sorrel Haven, the area where Haukke Manor can be found. Following the path will actually lead us there.

Following that path will take us through Hopeseed Pond, which isn't a very pleasant place really. This is home to two varieties of Marlboro—traditional debuff monsters from the franchise. Getting caught by their frontal-cone AoE will inflict basically all the common debuffs on you. It's not nice at all.

They're not actually hard to avoid. Stropers and this Jaded Jody detect by sound. It's possible to casually walk through them and not get attacked. That being said, I noticed that hanging around them too long will set them off anyway. I don't know what the deal with that is.

Up the hill is where we can find the mansion, surrounded by Floating Eyes.

Next time: we complete a dungeon. See you then!

The new banner came from an old wallpaper from the first year anniversary of the game. It features a Miqo'te in a bathing suit filling a watermelon because it was around the same time as the Moonfire Faire—a seasonal event about Summer celebrations. It seemed fitting enough for the banner.

Chapter Summary

Gloomy Rube posted:

I feel like the story of Haukke Manor, at least as told by the butler we just met, is probably based on Elizabeth Báthory who similarly tortured and killed women she hired to work as maids, popularly suspected to be as part of rituals to stay youthful.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Oct 22, 2017

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Minor correction: you can auto-attack whilst turned around without triggering gaze attacks. It looks a bit silly punching empty air but it works. The thing you can't do is cast any single target skills, which turns you around. Got me in raids many times :v:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So how far through the "main story" is this? My only real experience with XIV is through Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and Hauke Manner seemed pretty early on, but you've been going through the game for a long time now.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Schwartzcough posted:

So how far through the "main story" is this? My only real experience with XIV is through Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and Hauke Manner seemed pretty early on, but you've been going through the game for a long time now.

This subline of quests ending around Haukke Manor is in the late-20s in terms of level, and you can even see that the "The Power of Deduction" quest is level 28 specifically. The initial A Realm Reborn storyline goes up to level 50. Each expansion after that has raised the level cap by 10, i.e. the Heavensward storyline quests end at level 60 and the Stormblood ones at level 70. Level isn't quite the best indicator of scenario progress but it's a decent one.

I think there's a fairly substantial lapse in dungeons/trials after Haukke, if I remember correctly... or maybe that was after the next dungeon (which you probably know what it is but I won't say more here).

Edit: ⬇️ honestly considering what's coming up that's completely fair to say. (I also wasn't including the patches and the like that come in between expacs in the above breakdown...)

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 22, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I really like Haukke Manor as a dungeon. It's pretty fun.

Schwartzcough posted:

In terms of ARR? This is still ridiculously early.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Minor correction: you can auto-attack whilst turned around without triggering gaze attacks. It looks a bit silly punching empty air but it works. The thing you can't do is cast any single target skills, which turns you around. Got me in raids many times :v:

Yeah, this is correct. The thing that turning around used to work for and doesn't any more is "don't act"-type statuses like Pyretic - autoattacks will still trigger the consequence for acting.

CrashScreen posted:

Haukke Manor is in Central Shroud, but it's in the far west region. It's not hard to get to, but it's a little bit more out of the way than normal. Fortunately, there's a shortcut. Tyoh Moui has a quest for us in which they give us a pass for White Wolf Gate.

At the western edge of New Gridania is the gate. We'll need to talk to Franchemontiaux to travel through it from now on, but at least it's there.

You can actually go to outside this gate via aethernet once you've both activated all the Gridanian aethernet crystals and unlocked this gate.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I feel like the story of Haukke Manor, at least as told by the butler we just met, is probably based on Elizabeth Báthory who similarly tortured and killed women she hired to work as maids, popularly suspected to be as part of rituals to stay youthful.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Oh. I thought the story felt familiar back when I first played the game, though I figure I'd likely have experienced a derivative of that case instead. That's neat to know.

e: Also, in terms of length, I've got an outline for the LP where I've split it into arcs like the contents page. We're on the sixth part out of the fourteen for vanilla A Realm Reborn. Though, I cheated on the numbering a little while using the old thread as an excuse. We've got a way to go yet. The LP does give the impression this is a lot further into the game than it is.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 22, 2017

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
If actually playing the game, even at a casual pace, you can get to Haukke Manor in a couple days. We're only just barely scratching the surface of the actual plot too, and it's gonna thicken pretty good in the late 30's I'd say.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hmmmm people murderers and weird eye demons are about...
There's a spooky mansion with eye demons in the front yard...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To be fair, everyone probably has voidsent living in their front yard after Bahamut terraformed Teraflared the realm.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Also the area outside the manor is infested with malboros and ain't nobody got time for that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Like the update says, there's two varieties of them there, too. The regular kind are the Stropers you see above, but there are two ridiculously huge ones off to the side as well.

I'm not really sure why they're there, though. I guess it's kind of like the Rockskin Peiste? All I know is that they're still jerks to fight even when you're Level 50.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Like the update says, there's two varieties of them there, too. The regular kind are the Stropers you see above, but there are two ridiculously huge ones off to the side as well.

I'm not really sure why they're there, though. I guess it's kind of like the Rockskin Peiste? All I know is that they're still jerks to fight even when you're Level 50.

They're one of the many 'use an item on it to make it weak enough to not be a pita to kill' sidequests targets. On a related note, the npc who gives it out graduated from a random sidequest npc to a job quest npc in Stormblood if my memory isn't failing me.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Chapter LIV: Skeletons in Her Closet

New Music: The Maiden's Lament

While investigating Lahabrea, Aggro has found herself investigating a manor that appears to be in the center of a lot of disappearances. This is our fifth time in a dungeon now, so I'm going to keep most of it light.

Our destination is Lady Amandine's bedroom, the White Hall. It's up the stairs, but the room is also unfortunately blocked by a Sealed Barrier. We're going to have to find a way around that. Right now there's only really one direction we can run, though there's a doorway behind the staircase too. That's blocked off but we'll be opening it soon.

Our first enemy is the Manor Maidservant, which we'll often find patrolling the corridors of the ground floor and cellarage. While not really threatening, with 1, 264 HP, their Dark Mist can be a real pain to deal with. Getting hit by it will inflict Hysteria, which leaves you unable to act for 10 seconds.

They can be stunned, so keep whatever stuns you have handy. Manor Maidservants like to ambush when you're in the middle of a fight. Occasionally, they will also inflict Poison but it's honestly pretty weak so who cares?

In our first room to the left, we'll find some more enemies and a Tiny Key. We only need 2 Tiny Keys to clear the dungeon, but some locked rooms will contain chests that drop aetherial accessories. It'd be nice if Aggro could get lucky with those, so this will be a full clear run. I'll point out what we can skip for anyone just looking to clear it.

Aggro's Low Blow is still on cooldown (it's 25 seconds per shot), so this is one of the very rare times Shield Bash is even remotely useful. The Carpet Stain and Attic Bat both have 2, 528 HP each. Yeah, the Maidservant takes half the time of pretty much every monster in here to kill. I don't think I've ever seen them get the opportunity to recast Dark Mist.

There's two rooms at the end of the current corridor and yet another Maidservant. We can ignore the left room since it's only got a coffer that drops Hi-Potions and Ethers. That's not really worth the time.

Our first mandatory locked door is in the room to the right. I can't count the amount of times I've joined a party that skipped the first room and had to go back. This leaves one mandatory Tiny Key left to collect.

Which is fortunate, because there's another Tiny Key behind that locked door, guarded by a Maidservant. It makes the current locked door almost pointless, but at least we know about this dungeon's gimmick now. Also, I've only just noticed how weirdly cartoonish the new animation for Low Blow looks. It's pretty weird.

Directly across from the new room is another locked door. We can use the Tiny Key we just got, but there's only a junk Treasure Coffer and two enemies inside. There's not much point to it. Skip.

On the way to the first boss room, we're introduced to some Divan Mold. They have the standard Haukke Manor HP and despite appearances, don't inflict poison. At least, they didn't when I fought them. The room next to this pull has another Tiny Key. Any keys we collect from here is specifically for opening optional rooms.

This pull can get a little out of hand if you're not prepared, as there's two Manor Maidservants roaming around. DPS should try to have something that can interrupt with them too. If you're using duty finder then I recommend just dodging these. You can't really guarantee anyone else will stun them.

We're already at the first boss room, though there's a Maidservant blocking the way. Behind the Divan Mold group is another locked room with a chest that can drop Fine Wax. With the right crafting class, Aggro can make Manor-inspired furnishings for player housing. There's also a locked door just slightly off-screen and across the boss room, but it requires a special key. This is the Ivy Door we'll come back to after we beat the first boss.

Aggro levels up while fighting the optional group of Divan Molds. We can probably guess what the next update will now be, since that's her at level 30. Actually, we've got a handful of things to unlock in the next update, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Music: A Fine Death

Our first boss is the Manor Claviger, with 17, 904 HP. She's a pretty easy first boss.

The Claviger will sometimes target party members with Void Fire II. Stuns work on her, so feel free to be nice to your friends—especially if they're casters—and interrupt her when she's doing this. Alternatively...

... you could be nice to friends in melee range and save your stuns for Dark Mist, which works exactly the same way as the Maidservants.

The only other threat is her Sweet Steel cleave. Tanks should follow the usual protocol and make sure the Claviger is facing away from the party. That's it. There's not much else to the fight.

Music: The Maiden's Lament

On her death, the Claviger will drop a Green Key. We may still not be able to climb the stairs yet, but this key grants us access to the basement. This might not help with our Sealed Barrier situation, but there'll hopefully be something downstairs that will help. The Claviger will also drop a random aetherial weapon at iLevel 28, though nothing useful drops for the party.

The Claviger's green key opens up that Ivy Door facing the boss room.

Now, we could go down the stairs and fight that group over there. But Aggro isn't hurting for exp.

Besides, jumping down the stairs is way more fun. We meet some Corpsefly and Manor Servitors for the first time. They also have 2, 528 HP. There's also another optional Tiny Key.

The Cellarage is literally a dungeon, and facing us is the doorway into the second boss room. It's locked and the correct route is to our left. Obviously, this means we're going to explore the right a little bit.

Incidentally, the room we want to reach is behind the barricades right there. It's one of the closest rooms, but it's also the furthest to reach. Inside the room we can actually enter is nothing but a simple trash pull and a Tiny Key. If you skipped the locked room I suggested skipping earlier then you won't even need this key for loot. Skip.

Manor Maidservants continue to be just a nuisance and nothing more.

There's a lot of optional rooms down here. The first two locked rooms have chests that drop aetherial accessories—or Hi-Potions/Ethers if you're as unlucky as my group. Along the way are two unlocked rooms: the first contains two Tiny Keys and the second contains more monsters to kill if you're after exp.

The most important room is the final locked one with the Yellow Key.

Fortunately, we don't actually need to trek back around. The barricades have a nice little ramp that lets us over.

Next up: the second boss. This is actually a pair of bosses. The Manor Steward has 8, 116 HP while the Manor Jester has 7, 385 HP. Typically, the lower HP (and higher damage output) means the Jester goes down first.

Music: A Fine Death

The Jester has two notable attacks: Blizzard, and Ice Spikes. While the former is a pretty traditional spell that we've seen plenty of times before, Ice Spikes is something you only really see used by imps. It's a buff for the Jester that basically just deals extra damage to you if you hit him.

Left until last, the Steward is a little easier to manage. He'll occasionally use Soul Drain to hit anyone nearby with increased damage, but a quick stun will stop that.

Music: The Maiden's Lament

We'll get our usual chest with iLevel 28 dungeon loot as a reward, but the last surviving boss will drop a Bloody Parchment. Finally, we now have access to the top floor. To save running all the way back, we cast Return instead. It takes us right back to the starting point of the dungeon.

Nothing stands in our way anymore!

Okay, almost nothing stands in our way anymore. The door to the final boss chamber won't open until we defeat this Manor Sentry. It's got 8, 952 HP but we don't actually need to kill it. The Sentry flees at 50% HP. The only thing to watch out for is your standard Ahriman-style enemy.

It can cast the same Dread Gaze as any of the sentries outside, inflicting paralysis if we're looking at it within the cone.

Music: Nemesis

The Sentry will then wake up Lady Amandine after fleeing with 50% or less HP remaining. We can now clear this dungeon...

...which we're not going to do right away. There's one last stop left while we're trying to gather Aggro some better accessories. Beyond the Attack Hounds and Servitor's Lantern is another locked room, requiring the last of our Tiny Keys.

The pull here is actually a bit of a pain in the rear end. There's three Servitor's Lanterns, and they're all spread out. Servitor's Lanterns are casters, which means they're pretty hard to gather together for the group. That makes maintaining enmity a little tricky.

Fortunately, we're right next to a doorway. Aggro retreats after a swift Shield Lob, ducking behind the wall and breaking the Lanterns' line of sight. They're forced to gather up at the door to attack her, keeping them all in range. This is pretty worthwhile if you have any DPS capable of AoE at this level.

There's finally an accessory drop from one of these chests, but it's a healer one. Well, so much for that.

Oh yeah, and there's no invisible walls at the big hole in the floor by this room for whatever reason. We can jump down to the ground level if we want. Incidentally, the new lighting is from a weather phenomenon known as Darkness, just like in Toto-Rak.

Anyway, that's enough putting it off. Aggro's cleared absolutely everything in the dungeon, which leaves Lady Amandine left. She's only got 13, 204 HP—a fair bit less than the first boss. That means we're likely to see some downtime in this fight.

She's another spellcaster, so prepare for a lot of magic damage. Occasionally, she'll cast a Void augmented version of one of the elemental spells. You can avoid those by running behind her and breaking line of sight. Sadly, her regular spells are cast pretty quickly so this won't work with them.

Worth noting is that she can be stunned, which is nice. That's best saved for Dark Mist, which Amandine can also use.

The Void Lamps at each corner of the room will become active once Lady Amandine's HP drops to below 75%. Each of the four lamps will repeatedly hit the entire party for low damage, but this can actually get pretty dangerous. Altogether, they can do around 500 damage on top of whatever the boss is dishing out. The party will want to deactivate these. It's possible for Aggro to help, but the boss can interrupt her.

A Lady's Candle will spawn when Amandine is at 50%, with another at 40%. Like any bomb, they can self-destruct. It's lethal as hell, with even my level 70 taking about 26k damage from them. They need killed as soon as they're up. On top of the Candle and Amandine's attacks, the Void Lamps become active again at 50% HP too. This will be the last time those come active, but the fight will get overwhelming for healers very quickly if they're still around in the next phase.

30% marks the final phase of the fight, with two Handmaidens and a Sentry spawning in. The Handmaidens can still inflict Hysteria with Dark Mist like before, so it's best to focus on them first. Meanwhile, the Sentry is weaker than its previous incarnation, sitting at 1, 119 HP, and can also use Dread Gaze. Our party formation was unfortunate, because this was the perfect opportunity for a ranged or caster to use their AoE limit break.

More importantly, the Sentry will cast Stoneskin on Amandine when it spawns in. This was an old Conjurer buff until it was removed in Stormblood. Stoneskin will create a shield worth 10% of its target's maximum HP. Lady Amandine will be invulnerable for 1,320 damage.

With no adds remaining, our Monk is free to slay her with the melee limit break.

Music: A Victory Fanfare Reborn

Dungeon complete.

The final chest drops weapons (and shields) as usual, this time at iLevel 28 like the rest of the dungeon. For a change, Aggro lucks out and actually gets an upgrade!

Next time, we'll actually be closing our investigation. There's also a bunch of stuff to unlock that's finally become available, so let's do that too!

Haukke Manor ground floor.

Haukke Manor cellarage.

Haukke Manor second floor.

Intro Scene

All Scenes

The name Haukke Manor apparently comes from an in-game language. The Padjal word Haukke means "to speak without words". The deed to the Manor was sold to House Dartancours because the people of Gridania disliked it so much. In Gridania, it was a symbol of excess.

In real lore, the storyline of the dungeon is inspired by real events, though I discussed quoted that in the last update. This version has Amandine conduct rituals for youth, but the Maidservants we've seen wandering around are likely what remains of her victims. XIV's succubus are voidsent that possess the corpses of dead women. Lady Amandine is also likely also a corpse possessed by a voidsent. Incidentally, Ahriman are what happens when voidsent possess animal eyes too.

BleiddWhitefalcon
Jul 30, 2014
Ugh, I keep getting stuck with parties who don't turn the lanterns off. That's fun to heal /s

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I always turn off the lanterns. Gridania has enough problems to worry about without needing to pay some Voidsent's electric bill.

It's a shame, though. A pretty fun dungeon is the precursor to one of the worst parts of XIV as a whole. :shepicide:

CrashScreen posted:

A Lady's Candle will spawn when Amandine is at 50%, with another at 40%. Like any bomb, they can self-destruct. It's lethal as hell, with even my level 70 taking about 26k damage from them.

That was a fun discovery to make on one unfortunate run.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 8, 2017

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That was a fun discovery to make on one unfortunate run.

I'm pretty sure stuff like that does a %MaxHP based damage rather than set, so it scales with you.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Awww yeah, job stone time. Looking forward to the discussion of how much better PLD is to level now that they've switched up when skills are gained.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel like I remember getting my job stone to be really fun, but I also know a lot of people hate the upcoming part of the game and that level 30 jobs aren't really too exciting. So I'm curious to see if my memory is right or if I'm just nostalgic for ARR.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Getting the stone is exciting, I suppose. Jobs in the 30 - 50 range are pretty meh, though.

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.
How exciting each job is depends a lot on what class you play, I find. For the tank jobs it's a huge QoL thing since you finally get access to something that lets you hold aggro worth a drat, but for classes like Monk it's mostly just more things you probably could have gained without it. As for the quests themselves, they're a mixed bag again. Pretty much all of them get better in the expansions, though, as is the general rule of thumb for everything in this game.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Wordybird posted:

For the tank jobs it's a huge QoL thing since you finally get access to something that lets you hold aggro worth a drat

I'm very glad that this is now true for all of them.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

CrashScreen posted:

I'm very glad that this is now true for all of them.

Never understood why PLD 30 was sword oath and not shield oath. Glad they fixed it.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Never understood why PLD 30 was sword oath and not shield oath. Glad they fixed it.

Because they wanted to teach you early that Tank stance is the devil and the ruiner of DPS and should never be used /s

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo they actually made it the lvl 30 skill? About goddamn time.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Chapter LV: The Rematch
Aggro's investigation into the Ascian, Lahabrea, has lead her into Haukke Manor where strange rituals are said to have taken place. Masked men in black cloaks were seen here—a description matching the Ascians. After clearing the dungeon, we're given a cutscene. Aggro also hit level 30, so a new class quest will be available. We'll get to that soon.

Music: Without Shadow

... Sprung from the most unlikely of seeds. One cannot help but admire the irrepressible spirit that quickened it to life.

Looks like Aggro's leads found her. This could spell potential trouble.

(Ascian of the Twelfth Staff) It is no ordinary mortal who can acquire one Crystal of Light... much less three.

(Ascian of the Twelfth Sword) The Crystals make you strong, and it is to that strength that the Light is drawn.

(Ascian of the Twelfth Staff) Hydaelyn chose well.

(Ascian of the Twelfth Staff) Alas, we came here not to play, but to take the measure of your strength for Master Lahabrea. That task is now accomplished, we take our leave of you.

And with that, they're gone.

Aggro decides that she should probably leave this creepy Manor as well.

The deed is done, and that conversation with the Ascians actually provided some information for Minfilia. Not only do we know that the Ascians—as a group—are moving, we also know that they're watching us too. Lahabrea isn't just doing things on his own. They also seem to be aware of the Crystals that Aggro has been collecting, though we're still not that much closer to figuring them out either.

Aggro makes a quick stop back in Old Gridania before returning to Minfilia. Ursandel is where we left him, and he's glad for what we've done even if he regrets it. Ursandel also claims that he'll be turning himself in, but he never does. He'll be sitting at this bench for eternity probably as long as the game's servers run.

Music: The Waking Sands

It's back to the Waking Sands for us, and time to close the current case. I'm not looking forward to the next arc.

Minfilia seems pretty disturbed by what we encountered.

The devils taunt us... It is beyond doubt, then—the Ascians have begun to move in earnest. Would that we knew to what end. Thanks to your tireless efforts, we are at least aware of the encroaching darkness.

Minfilia realises that maybe this small organisation of hers might not actually be enough for what we're dealing with. We've typically got a single agent in each nation, and those nations can have two primals to contend with. That's putting aside the new Ascian threat too.

Aggro is a fairly key player—especially given that she's now already felled a primal. That being said, the Ascians don't seem to be too afraid of her. They might be watching, but the fact that they've been mostly toying with Aggro suggests that she's not really a threat to them yet.

Another matter has arisen that requires your attention. Let me know when you are ready to be briefed, and I will summon the others.

Yeah, no. gently caress that. We're out of here.

While I'm hoping the next arc isn't as terrible as I remember it to be—it is—I'm going to put it off because we have a lot of things to unlock. First on our list is the very final Gladiator class quest. Yeah, it's that time already.

Music: Sultana Dreaming

Like the level 15 class quest, our final Gladiator quest will unlock a new action for Aggro. Shield Swipe has been an inconsistent mess at times, but I like the current version of it. I'll include a better look at the tooltip in the bonus.

Mylla is always taking some sort of fit recently, though this time is fairly understandable. Aldis has been arrested and is due an execution. His crime? Apparently he tried to poison the sultana, but that doesn't really seem like the Aldis we know? Mylla believes it was the work of the Alacran and wants us to speak to Wymond—the Ul'dah informant—about this.

We can find Wymond in his usual spot, just outside the Ul'dah Aetheryte Plaza.

We get a couple of dialogue options. Like usual, this is just flavour.

Both choices lead to Wymond explaining the whole story from the start. Aldis and Leovold were a pair that were among the greatest gladiators in the coliseum. Ul'dahns like to gamble over coliseum matches, so Aldis apparently fixed a match that lost him all of his victories. Leovold had no career without Aldis, and Mylla's dad died suspiciously—presumably because of Aldis. Honestly, a fair chunk of it is what we should have already gleaned from the past few quests, but I guess it serves as a little catch up.

Whatever the case, Aggro isn't dissuaded from helping Aldis and Wymond can tell.

Aldis was found with a rare and expensive poison that only the Corpse Brigade in Southern Thanalan knows how to make—Rhalgr's Bile. They're the group that once fought for the old Ala Mhigan king and now do really horrible things to the remaining Ala Mhigans. It's about time we paid them a visit. The idea this time is to find out about their buyers.

Music: To The Sun

They're located north-east of Little Ala Mhigo, inside a structure similar to the small settlement. It's called The Sepulchre.

Making our way through the horde of dangerous brigands, Aggro finds a Wrinkled Bill of Sale. The bill indicates that the poison was sold to a member of the Alacran. This won't be enough, and Aggro needs to find a phial of Rhalgr's Bile to prove that the Corpse Brigade was the source.

Picking up the bill triggers three members of the Alacran spawning in. I guess they were either in the middle of another business deal, or were here to destroy the evidence. Whatever the case, Aggro murders the three of them.

A fork in the path may confuse things a little. Since the map is flat, the map marker isn't clear on the elevation our next objective is. It's on the lower level.

We can find the phial near a Corpse Brigade Knuckledancer who happens to be sleeping. I didn't actually realise (or remember, I guess) that we could find NPCs like this. He won't aggro on us unless we hang around for too long, but Aggro was able to run around without stirring up a fuss.

Of course, the Alacran ambush us here too. They're basically zero threat to Aggro though. Since we've got the evidence we need, let's return to Mylla and report on findings so we can figure out what to do next. Ul'dah may practically be Aggro's home at this point, but she's still a stranger to the land and how it works.

Looks like we got back a little late. Mylla is desperate, but relieved to see that we've found some evidence that prove Aldis' innocence. The execution is to take place at Highbridge, presumably so they can just throw Aldis off it.

Aggro arrives at Highbridge, where she finds an Unsettled Gladiator. Aldis is already down on the lower level.

Fortunately for Aldis, Aggro has just managed to make it in time.

Aggro hands over the evidence.

Music: Fracture

Even though Aggro delivered the evidence to prove Aldis is innocent, it seems like the execution will go ahead anyway. It seems like being paid is all it takes to find someone guilty.

Don't waste your breath, Aggro. Thal's scales have always yielded to wealth above all else, and Levold's spent a fortune to secure my sentence.

Silence, criminal! And you—what are you waiting for? Do it!

The executioner nods.

Just couldn't stay away, could you? Well, at least I don't have to steal the headsman's axe.

Aldis cuts the rope tied on his wrists against the sword.

Music: From Fear to Fortitude

If the gods are to have blood this day, I'm afraid it won't be mine. Since you two are so devout, perhaps you'd be willing to offer yourselves in exchange?

The pair run away, meanwhile it looks like Mylla and the guild have someone else to deal with.

Interfering with the law is a heinous crime. In fact, I believe it is punishable by death!

Also upstairs is Leavold himself, waiting for his final rematch against Aldis.

Music: From Fear to Fortitude

Alright, so we've got a bit going on here. Upstairs—in an unreachable location—Aldis is fighting with Leavold. Meanwhile, Mylla and our guildmates are up on the bridge fighting the Alacran reinforcements. Aggro has to make her way up to the top, fighting the small fry along the way. Fortunately, they're all weak and their HP range between 200 - 300.

Each confrontation will be against a pair of Alacran members. Always go for the Kindness first, since they're the healers and make it take longer than necessary. Our timing is a little important here. There's some RNG at play that I'll get to in a moment.

Depending on your luck, Mylla's HP can drop fast. She's only got 5,000. Our allies also only have 1, 354 HP each so they can die easy, leaving Mylla vulnerable. My first attempt—one I had to end prematurely to capture HP values—took longer to reach this point, but Mylla had more HP than my second attempt. I actually wiped on the second attempt because she died too quickly. You really need to pick your targets carefully here.

First thing's first: take down Gotwin Halahex. He's the enemy healer and doesn't have very much HP. Once he's dead, we need to murder the three Chastity of the Alacran just slightly off camera here. They're the three Pugilists and all have less than 300 HP. While we kill them, Mylla should have dispatched the Lancer—a Temperance of the Alacran. Incidentally, those Temperance will have 2, 133 HP which is why it's better to focus on the Chastities. No sense in letting Mylla take more damage than necessary.

With the first Temperance down, a new group spawns. This includes a Thaumaturge called Gigirya the Guarded. He's very important. Gigirya has 1, 459 HP which isn't a lot. Unfortunately for Aggro, this is more than enough to start casting something that'll make her day harder.

Void Call. We've seen this a few times, so it should be pretty clear what's about to happen.

Fortunately, we can just stun it. It's fights like this that make equipping an off-cooldown Stun worthwhile . If Aggro had to rely on Shield Bash then she'd have failed to stop this cast in time—something I think the original design of the fight probably relied on. It's only since Stormblood that Gladiators could use Low Blow.

On the off-chance that you fail to stun the Void Call in time, you'll be fighting a Void Slave (1, 806 HP). It extends the fight, putting our allies at risk of eventually dying while we deal with our own opponents. The Void Slave shouldn't be too risky otherwise, since he'll just use a frontal-cone AoE called Double Smash (which is a bit misleading since it does triple damage).

I think it's worth mentioning that stunning might be easier than before, but extending the fight was a little less risky when Gladiators could learn Cure from Conjurer.

Killing Gigirya leaves Aggro to assist Mylla with the Temperances and Chastities that her group is fighting. There's nothing more to say about them.

Aldis knocks Leavold back, pacifying him, and then unleashes a Rage of Halone with the additional cutscene effect of disarmament. Leavold loses his weapon to the space below.

Music: Forever Lost

Aldis approaches Leavold.

You just had to have it all, didn't you!? Just one victory, just one bloody match... But your precious ego couldn't accept that. You ruined everything!

Leavold looks over at Mylla.

<cough><cough> Tell me, Aldis... how does it feel to lose your name, your legacy... everything you ever loved? I want to know... how much you suffered...

Let it go, Leavold. It's over.

Leavold stands and backs up to the edge.

Like hells it is. I swear, you will never know peace—not in this life... or the next.

Leavold, no!

Leavold decides to take his own life, knowing fine and well that this will still hurt Aldis. It's a shame that we never got to see much of their relationship. Leavold has been antagonising since the start, so it's hard to see what there was to like about him.

Mylla decides that it's better to give Aldis some space to mourn, and leaves for the guild.

With the duty over, there's no real reason to stick around in Eastern Thanalan ourselves. Let's just head straight for the guild too, where Mylla is waiting on us to resolve the quest with a final cutscene.

Music: A New Hope

No. Leavold may be dead, but the Alacran are far from finished. I'd rather not linger and give them a chance to regroup and seek revenge. It is a true tragedy that I cannot enjoy the company of Ul'dah's lovely ladies any longer, but I have faith that equally radiant beauties await me in distant lands.

Aldis, I—

Not another word, my dear. It's bad enough that the First Sword has permitted a disgraced gladiator to fraternize with her subordinates. Can you imagine the scandal if she became personally involved with the man? Your father would be proud of you, Mylla. Don't ever change.

Aldis then faces Aggro.

Ah, that's right—I wanted to teach you something before I go, Aggro.

He instructs her on how to use Shield Swipe.

You risked your life when victory was anything but certain, and proven yourself to be an incredible gladiator. Never lose that fighting spirit, Aggro. And with that, I bid you all farewell.

Aldis leaves.

There's still so much... so much I want to—

She stops herself there and then looks at the gladiators surrounding her.

What in the seven hells are you all looking at!? This is a training hall! Why aren't you all training right now!?

With Aldis gone, Mylla tries to avoid showing her weakness in front of her guildmembers. She finds comfort in what she knows best: being an instructor, and so offers Aggro a little parting advice.

You think all it takes to stand on the bloodsands is a sword and a stupid grin? No! It takes years of hard work, an ocean of blood and sweat, and an unbreakable will! Every man and woman here has potential to become a champion, but it is you—and you alone—who decides your destiny.

And with that, we depart the Gladiators' Guild for good. From now on, Aggro will no longer need to return here whenever she hits every fifth level. In the end, Aldis was pretty much the main character for that story and Aggro was just a support, but that's okay. I think there's room in stories like that and I'm still a little fond of the quest line. It's a shame to see them go.

In any case, there's still some more stuff to unlock. We'll sweep through them in the next update before we prepare for my least favourite series of quests in A Realm Reborn. See you then!

Making sure that neither Leavold or Aldis can kill each other to end the fight, both of the characters have 277, 800 HP.

Shield Swipe has had quite a few changes, but you can read its history on one of the many FFXIV wikis for that. The most noticeable, however, is that it's now an off-cooldown. It was previously one of the most clunky global cooldown actions, considering it worked via a passive RNG proc. Shield Swipe also used to cost 40 TP—less than the TP refresh, resulting in it being treated as a very small TP gain instead.

Main Scenario

Gladiator Quest

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man I do not remember this at all for some reason. I might have just been trying to rush through the quests to get the gladiator skills ASAP.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Ursandel totally does turn himself in, it's brought up when he shows up again later in the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is definitely one of the most :getin: songs in the game and it plays for all of the Level 30 Class Quests.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is definitely one of the most :getin: songs in the game and it plays for all of the Level 30 Class Quests.

And a few scenes in one of the best Lv50 sidequest lines.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

So, in an effort to avoid having too many updates on the one page, I figured I'd ask my question now before I finish the next update. We will unlock a few things and, most importantly, introduce the job system. After that, we can continue with the main story, but I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a look at PvP too? Stormblood shifted the three PvP modes to level 30, so they're actually available now. I can't give a super in-depth look or anything, but I think they're fun and interesting enough to show off at some point. There's a really loose story context for two of them, so it's up to you all if we touch on it now or later.

Also, if there's any PvP regulars in the thread then it could be fun to work on the update together, regardless of when we actually get to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Job > Story > PvP?