Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

apostateCourier posted:

Always do your class quest first.

The most important thing in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

HenryEx posted:

Culinarian and Botanist, so we see a little bit more of the other cities (also Culinarian story is good)
Yeah, I agree on that

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Looking forward to seeing the FFXIV filler again, mostly because I completely glossed over the story until... 2.2 I think, so I don't even remember half of the vanilla game.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

I originally joined Adder and haven't bothered to change, so show off Maelstrom to make me more jealous!

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Boco. At some point we could probably pretend that we're Bartz :v:

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

This is probably my least favorite dungeon in all of FFXIV. Pointless side rooms that don't give you anything (except for the one at the start), boring aesthetic, puddles that make you go slower and boring bosses. Toto-rak is the main reason why I avoid doing the Low Level dungeon roulette, since I swear I have done this dungeon more than any other in this game :argh:

Also, I had forgotten that Lahabrea is the one who summoned Graffias. Why didn't he summon something more dangerous, or did he seriously believe that an overgrown scorpion was gonna stop a warrior of light?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah Toto-Rak is just not good. I get bummed whenever it pops up in LDR. Luckily, much like a future dungeon that I hate, it's actually a slope. Once you're past the first set of photocells, it's really not so bad. And the last stretch to Graffias is inoffensive.

Personally the last stretch is what upsets me the most. Suddenly there's just goo that slows you down and nothing else! At least collecting photocells is an active gimmick and can be kinda optimized, even if it is boring. The goo just slows you down, means nothing in the long run, can't be avoided and feels like really lazy design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

Eopia posted:

That's a strange way to say 'remove elemental resistances and associated useless materia'.

I mean, there's technically a use for elemental resistances. If you were insane enough and managed to boost an elemental resistance to a high enough level, you can completely nullify an elemental attack! Sometimes. If you're facing a weak enough enemy.

...Yeah, it's not very useful :eng99: