Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

GBS is actually relatively good now and aside from clamping down even harder on DARE I advise against more heavy handed moderation. The losers in QCS are among the most unfunny people on this website and their opinions should be disregarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
Genesplicer let us have ice cream for dinner!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

GBS is actually relatively good now and aside from clamping down even harder on DARE I advise against more heavy handed moderation. The losers in QCS are among the most unfunny people on this website and their opinions should be disregarded.
Yeah, none of the jokes in QCS are funny/I don't get them. wtf

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

anyone else planning on going to see the lonely island present popstar never stop never stopping

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm still wondering why there's so much overlap between QCS and Imp Zone posters

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Theres a guy suggesting a spanish language chat forum?? what meme is that referring to???

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh yeah and lady ambien you should probably have something done about the guy literally selling forged UK id cards in the forum ads.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Cartouche posted:

I was wondering where that thread went.

I mean, LA, that very thread is case in point of how bad moderation is anymore. Not because of SWBM's OP, but the very fact that even that thread was unmoderated to the point where it landed in the gas chamber.

Nobody knows what to do. I'm scared. Someone hold my hand, please.

I agree. Too much pruning just kills off the tree.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ladyambien I have a serious question for you but I think qcs is farking gay so I'm gonna ask you here can you bring back the lovedump I need a place to post nice things to people where they can't respond with phrases such as suck my drat balls op, or suggest I go kill myself. Okay I love you everyone!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

oh yeah and lady ambien you should probably have something done about the guy literally selling forged UK id cards in the forum ads.

Hahah I thought you were joking

Nope, that sure leads to something that might be illegal? I don't know how UK functions.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

a million times this.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Wedemeyer posted:

Hahah I thought you were joking

Nope, that sure leads to something that might be illegal? I don't know how UK functions.
I'm pretty sure even our backwaters friends across the pond don't look kindly on people forging government documents

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Most likely your head will be impaled on the Tower of London for that.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Me and a few dozen other people got to take a weekend off for dubious reasons and quite frankly I think we were all better off for it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Kuato posted:

Me and a few dozen other people got to take a weekend off for dubious reasons and quite frankly I think we were all better off for it.
I heard you went on to become the first male Suicide Girl. Is that true??

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Cartouche posted:

I was wondering where that thread went.

I mean, LA, that very thread is case in point of how bad moderation is anymore. Not because of SWBM's OP, but the very fact that even that thread was unmoderated to the point where it landed in the gas chamber.

did you ever stop to think that the things that you think are bad.... are actually good?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

a correct analysis

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
hows ya baby?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Celluloid Sam posted:

ladyambien I have a serious question for you but I think qcs is farking gay so I'm gonna ask you here can you bring back the lovedump I need a place to post nice things to people where they can't respond with phrases such as suck my drat balls op, or suggest I go kill myself. Okay I love you everyone!

Thats just their way of saying "youre alright, dude" sid :shobon:

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

i'm poz

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

im VERY CONCERNED with the state of gbs

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Cartouche posted:

LA, serious question: Were you around when GBS was actually good? It turned into a steaming pile quite a while ago and it honestly seemed like the mods at the time pretty much allowed it to become FYAD lite in a real hurry for some unknown reason. In fact about that time was when it had a weird background suddenly (trout?) and for a short period, much like BYOB/FYAD do.

I am all for GBS becoming decent again, but the staff really gets the bulk of the blame for effectively tossing the reins up in the air and willingly allowing no holds barred for too long.

You could probably get off to a good start by banning this guy

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

offering plat to whoever can locate a good cartouche post ha ha good luck fuckers

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

could we have one of the mods killed? i don't really mind which one, but it'd bring us together as a community

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
sharks patrol these waters

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
stay in your life boats people

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't mean "demodded", by the way

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

posting jokes = a problem
copy + paste news threads = good

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine
welp, bye

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

satanic splash-back posted:

copy + paste news threads = good

Thank heavens

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Yeah some mods went mad with power

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

maxhush posted:

You could probably get off to a good start by banning this guy
easy.... hes got a gun :sweatdrop:

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nonviolent J posted:

Yeah some mods went mad with power

even applewhite is currently probated. the last mod to probate applewhite was el spider. food for thought

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

has anyone pointed out yet that someone banned dad gay. so what, beloved forums mascot?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Hi Lady A hope your littel girl is doing well :wooper:

All I can say is that admin Shine has been super mean to Nooner. Banned once and probated a week and now a month for being funny in some goof YLLS thread where they bought a banner ad and were surprised that outsiders posted in their thread

cub
Sep 6, 2014

by Shine

a hole-y ghost posted:

has anyone pointed out yet that someone banned dad gay. so what, beloved forums mascot?

he knew where the bodies were buried

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

cub posted:

he knew where the bodies were buried

Never quite trusted him with real secrets but I trust cub

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The mods tried to make a thread about rules and probations and got laughed out of the forum. It got closed and memory holed.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i mean last weekend swbm probated the top couple dozen posters in gbs and i think everyone can agree the forums were p bad that weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Everything's good, Ms A

*surreptitiously passes fireworks around*

• Locked thread